Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

This allas team really is a complete joke. The Bears are just mauling them. Philly will win the division and allas will once again miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Jags IRed Justin Forsette and signed Delone Carter
    Colts defense looking at some nice fumble recoveries in Week 17.

Bears fans, do you want to see Cutler or McCown finish the season?

If I were a Bears fan, I'd want McCown to finish the season. It kind of reminds me of the Kaepernick - Alex Smith situation last year.

^^ I don't think it matters who finishes the season, it's what they do (or more specifically - DON'T DO) with Cutler in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Bears fans, do you want to see Cutler or McCown finish the season?

If I were a Bears fan, I'd want McCown to finish the season. It kind of reminds me of the Kaepernick - Alex Smith situation last year.

Except Cutler is the younger QB there's talk the Titans might be interested in him he lives in Nashville in the offseason he might welcome it.

Of course if that's the case will it end with them losing the SB.

That would be hilarious if the Bears make it to the SB and lose to the Denver Broncos... Not only would Manning do this to them again but it would be with two different teams.

Won't happen though.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Finally watched the Eagles game, holy crap McCoy's fourth quarter was just insane.

No disrespect to vapacerfan, but I'm getting extremely tired of hearing about the Redskins. We should be talking about the playoff races in December. I don't care about a 3-10 team, and I don't care about the dynamics of the relationships between RGIII, Shany, and Dan Snyder. Once Shanny actually gets fired, then you can talk about it. But right now they are just beating it into the ground. It reminds me of all of the talk the Jets got last year when they were imploding, Sanchez was playing terrible, and some fools were calling for Tebow. I know that big markets help drive the ratings, but the media just gets obsessed with these large market teams who become train wrecks. There are so many NFL stories out there that deserve far more attention than the Redskins right now. Talk about the Skins when the season is over and the franchise is making changes, but not now. I listened to Mike and Mike for a bit this morning, and it was as if I was listening to a local D.C. sports show.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've been tired of hearing about the 'Skins since they drafted RG3. I have a lot of respect for vapacersfan, also... we had our back-and-forths last year. But everything I felt about that team has come true. I had serious questions about their management, their decision-making, the marketing-machine of RG3, the way they were constructing things, and finally, just the blatant, ridiculous over-hyping of RG3, who I also believe is selfish and self-centered. I said it back then, I still believe it --- he has flaws, a lot. And the hype was masking it. I said last year that I liked Luck, Wilson, Tannehill, Cousins and Foles. All five of those guys are showing their merit (well... Cousins hasn't had a lot of opportunity, but he's been good in his few appearances, and I'm confident that given the nod, he'll be an impressive QB).

And now RG3 has dropped off the face of the earth, but he's still making selfish, unwise comments to the media, and Shanny and RG3 are making comments back and forth. Rumors... poor play. It's a disaster. And they traded away all those draft picks to get RG3, when I said all along that I liked and probably even preferred Kirk Cousins long-term prospects... They're talking about benching RG3 now, which I say, why haven't you done it yet? RG3 hasn't been good all year. They're hamstrung because of what they invested in RG3 and they will ride him into the dirt. As an organization, they mistakenly threw all their eggs into RG3, when the smart money would have been to play it cool, use the picks on other talent, go with Cousins, who was a great pick-up, and build a true team. Instead, they're left with this mess.

What has happened to the 'Skins isn't something I "wish" on an organization, but I said it last year --- the paths they were taking were going to bite them in the *** down the road. This is why you don't run an organization like that. And I don't like a lot of attention being given to entities that are poorly managed or making bad decisions, which is exactly what we've been subjected to. It's a train-wreck, and everyone is rubber-necking to get a look. Everyone needs to drive on and let the crews get it cleaned up.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-11-2013 at 09:54 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

There's an East Coast bias in sports media of course it makes news and its more interesting than talking about the other teams in the league who personality wise come across incredibly "boring" right now.

You get more mileage out of drama.

I mean I never liked the Redskins to begin with but I also don't think RG3 is solely to blame here its Snyder/RG3/Shanahan. While I'm glad the Colts didn't get RG3 I also don't think he's a bust either which is what people keep implying around here.

He's going to same path as Cam Newton here and like him RG3 will have to learn the hard way.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anyone saw last night the latest episode from " A football life" with Oilers '93?

Thought it was a really good view and would definitely recommend it.

Buddy Ryan though *smh*
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No disrespect to vapacerfan, but I'm getting extremely tired of hearing about the Redskins. We should be talking about the playoff races in December. I don't care about a 3-10 team, and I don't care about the dynamics of the relationships between RGIII, Shany, and Dan Snyder. Once Shanny actually gets fired, then you can talk about it. But right now they are just beating it into the ground. It reminds me of all of the talk the Jets got last year when they were imploding, Sanchez was playing terrible, and some fools were calling for Tebow. I know that big markets help drive the ratings, but the media just gets obsessed with these large market teams who become train wrecks. There are so many NFL stories out there that deserve far more attention than the Redskins right now. Talk about the Skins when the season is over and the franchise is making changes, but not now. I listened to Mike and Mike for a bit this morning, and it was as if I was listening to a local D.C. sports show.
    Its vapacersfan fan :P

I agree, its annoying. Personally I have given up on the Redskins.....at least for this season

P.S. Next time your in DC (or if I ever go back to Indy) Ill buy you a shot as well! lol
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 12-11-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I've been tired of hearing about the 'Skins since they drafted RG3. I have a lot of respect for vapacersfan, also... we had our back-and-forths last year. But everything I felt about that team has come true. I had serious questions about their management, their decision-making, the marketing-machine of RG3, the way they were constructing things, and finally, just the blatant, ridiculous over-hyping of RG3, who I also believe is selfish and self-centered. I said it back then, I still believe it --- he has flaws, a lot. And the hype was masking it. I said last year that I liked Luck, Wilson, Tannehill, Cousins and Foles. All five of those guys are showing their merit (well... Cousins hasn't had a lot of opportunity, but he's been good in his few appearances, and I'm confident that given the nod, he'll be an impressive QB).

And now RG3 has dropped off the face of the earth, but he's still making selfish, unwise comments to the media, and Shanny and RG3 are making comments back and forth. Rumors... poor play. It's a disaster. And they traded away all those draft picks to get RG3, when I said all along that I liked and probably even preferred Kirk Cousins long-term prospects... They're talking about benching RG3 now, which I say, why haven't you done it yet? RG3 hasn't been good all year. They're hamstrung because of what they invested in RG3 and they will ride him into the dirt. As an organization, they mistakenly threw all their eggs into RG3, when the smart money would have been to play it cool, use the picks on other talent, go with Cousins, who was a great pick-up, and build a true team. Instead, they're left with this mess.

What has happened to the 'Skins isn't something I "wish" on an organization, but I said it last year --- the paths they were taking were going to bite them in the *** down the road. This is why you don't run an organization like that. And I don't like a lot of attention being given to entities that are poorly managed or making bad decisions, which is exactly what we've been subjected to. It's a train-wreck, and everyone is rubber-necking to get a look. Everyone needs to drive on and let the crews get it cleaned up.
    Its all good. We have our disagreements (and sometimes passionately) and this time is no different. But I harbor no ill will, and if I met you in person Id gladly buy you a beer (or a shot, as I hate beer)

I agree TPTB have screwed this season up, but it was aided by RG3's arrogance (and I think the hype machine was largely media driven...and our medias desire to build them up and tear them down sad but true) and also a lot by the 36M cap penalty. I think RG3 has some growing up to do, but the same as his success was overhyped last year I think his failure (and the teams, lets not act like RG3 missed blocking assignments or dropped passes) I think he is just as much, if not more, overhyped in his failure.

And now RG3 has dropped off the face of the earth, but he's still making selfish, unwise comments to the media, and Shanny and RG3 are making comments back and forth

I have not seen this at all. Maybe I just missed it (and I honestly could have) but what I have seen has been PC talk by all parties. The only exception as when RG3 said his stupid line about the Oline and Kyle. Which he is right Kyle is an idiot, but sometimes I wish RG3 would give short and sweet answers. When he starts going on long winded answers he gets picked apart, and he says stupid ****.

I could go on a tangent on how that is the media twisting some things to get what they want, but frankly I have zero respect for anyone who doesnt man up. So I will agree with that.

The only other thing I will agree with is they should have benched him all season. Or at least after week 3-4. I still think its nuts to say Cousins will be half the QB RG3 will be, but time will tell.

Sadly the Redskins got screwed by the 36M cap penalty and by the injury of RG3. IDK if its his fault for playing through it, MS's fault for letting him call the shots (and I dont buy that for a second, Shanny only came here if he had 100% control, and last year he even said he LOVED having Snyder not involved at all).

To me it all boils down to one thing. Everyone, top to bottom, has failed. Period. End of story. But I will bet anyone here that is the Redskins were winning, even .500, none of these stories are out and no one is even talking about RG3. Im so confident in that I will say if we had a way to get a time machine I would wager if you go back you would not see one of these stories. And if I was wrong I would gladly pose nude pics of myself on PD. Not that anyone would want that!

Winning cures all. and I think winning (and RG3's legs) covered up a lot of holes last year, including the OL. If we start winning, this is all a non story.

That said, I agree with Sollozzo. Lets stop talking about the Skins. Lets talk about the teams in contention.....

I want to see RG3 under a different coaching staff, which should happen next year.

Actually as an Eagles fan, please keep Shanny forever. Hopefully Jerry Jones keeps himself GM forever too. I can deal with Eli being good once every 4 years.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I want to see RG3 under a different coaching staff, which should happen next year.

Actually as an Eagles fan, please keep Shanny forever. Hopefully Jerry Jones keeps himself GM forever too. I can deal with Eli being good once every 4 years.
    Wait, you mean like how we won the NFCE and made the playoffs last year with him as coach?

The guy drives me nuts (especially with his clock mgt) but it seems many have forgot last year and the success he had.

Personally, I dont think Shanny is going to get fired. I bet he is back next year
    _______

On topic, KC had some great deep passes.

Sadly, as I typed that, we stopped ATL on 4th down at the 1 inch line and then Kirk throws a horrible interception.

Both teams have sucked, however. At one point there were like 3-4 fumbles in a row (back to back to back)

WP: Daniel Snyder did not raise objection to benching of Robert Griffin III because he felt it was coach’s decision to make, sources say

Daniel Snyder did not raise objection to benching of Robert Griffin III because he felt it was coach’s decision to make, sources say
    Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder was informed of Coach Mike Shanahan’s plan to sit down quarterback Robert Griffin III and did not raise an objection to it largely because he took the position that it was a coaching decision that should be made by Shanahan, according to several people familiar with the situation

It also appeared Friday that financial considerations have become the most significant issue determining Shanahan’s future with the organization. Multiple people close to the matter said Snyder has been unwilling so far to pay the full amount he would owe Shanahan and his coaching staff under their contracts if he fired them.

When he announced Wednesday that Kirk Cousins was taking over as the team’s starting quarterback, Shanahan said Snyder and General Manager Bruce Allen were in agreement with the move. Shanahan said he wouldn’t have made the move if Snyder and Allen did not support the decision.

Several people with knowledge of the deliberations confirmed that Snyder did not object when told by Shanahan of the prospective move. But those people, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the topic, said it is not clear whether Snyder endorsed the maneuver.

Snyder’s approval was not the main issue, those people said, because Snyder took the view that the matter was Shanahan’s responsibility and that he should not intervene.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...medium=twitter

Just because we dont have enough drama in DC:

NBCWashington:Kyle Shanahan May Be at Center of Redskins Coaching Drama

There's reason to believe that Kyle Shanahan is what is driving Mike Shanahan to want out as head coach of the Washington Redskins, a couple of strong sources within the organization told News4 Sports.

Kyle Shanahan's role in the organization as offensive coordinator may be putting the head coach in a position where he has to choose between his son and his job.

Sources told us that the coach is not being fired Tuesday and will be at practice Wednesday when the team begins work for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons.

We also just confirmed with the Redskins that Dan Snyder will not be involved in any player decisions and will allow the head coach to make the call as to whether Robert Griffin III or Kirk Cousins starts at quarterback Sunday against the Falcons.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sports/Kyle-Shanahan-May-Be-at-Center-of-Redskins-Coaching-Drama-235287111.html

I know Seattle has the best record but honestly they don't seem formidable on the road the Giants just really suck.

Glad to see the Pats lose though.

The Vikings game was a shocker.

I think that Eli has had the most bizarre career of any QB in NFL history.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Wait, you mean like how we won the NFCE and made the playoffs last year with him as coach?

The guy drives me nuts (especially with his clock mgt) but it seems many have forgot last year and the success he had.

Personally, I dont think Shanny is going to get fired. I bet he is back next year
    _______

On topic, KC had some great deep passes.

Sadly, as I typed that, we stopped ATL on 4th down at the 1 inch line and then Kirk throws a horrible interception.

Both teams have sucked, however. At one point there were like 3-4 fumbles in a row (back to back to back)
    you won the NFCE because RG3 was fantastic last year, the Eagles sucked, and the Cowboys are the Cowboys. Same goes for the Giants. Shanny might not need to be fired, he might just quit like he nearly did last year.

No idea wtf the Eagles were doing today, didnt see the game so can't comment much on it, but holy **** that is just bad.

Banned
    Mood

I was fully expecting the referees to bail the Patriots out once again. I'm happy to see it didn't happen.

The Cowboys are choking away a 23 point second half lead to the Matt Flynn led Packers.

Why Dallas gets so much attention every year is mind boggling. Winning and success aren't enough to justify attention in today's media environment. It's all about big markets and drama.
    Last edited by hoosierguy; 12-15-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    you won the NFCE because RG3 was fantastic last year, the Eagles sucked, and the Cowboys are the Cowboys. Same goes for the Giants. Shanny might not need to be fired, he might just quit like he nearly did last year.

No idea wtf the Eagles were doing today, didnt see the game so can't comment much on it, but holy **** that is just bad.
    You mean the rumor the "sources" leaked that everyone is Ashburn denied. Not to mention MS homself said he keeps three things in his office (an IPaD being one).

Never denied the NFCe sucked last year

Missed the Eagles game as well. Man, Eli is mind boggling on how up and down his career goes

I think that Eli has had the most bizarre career of any QB in NFL history.
    You could say he's the modern day Jim Plunkett won 2 SBs and yet is not in the HOF(and I don't think Eli will unless he manages to win another and with him its highly possible) or considered to have an HOF career ironically enough he was drafted one spot ahead of Archie.

As for Dallas getting the attention they're in a division that's part of a big media market the NFC East. Who as much as I like to rag on is a far better division than the AFC South this year how anyone would dispute that is beyond me.

Winning does get attention I mean we got attention when Manning was here and Indy is as small market as you can get considering. We get attention with Luck but the on the field product is rather dull these days compared to the Manning era.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Guys you won't believe it!

Romo picked with the game on the line and Dallas up front by 5. Ball at Dallas' 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Guys you won't believe it!

Romo picked with the game on the line and Dallas up front by 5. Ball at Dallas' 13.
    Why throw one when you can throw TWO crucial interceptions! That's your $100 million QB Jerruh.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post: