Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

Total Manning/Brady role-reversal tonight.

Right now I would pick NE to go to the SB from the AFC
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

you see those photographers fighting? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Manning had PLENTY of chances to put this game away. PLENTY.

His arm is simply weak in this frigid weather. It is what it is.
    I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Manning is starting to decline before Brady. We've hated hearing it for years, but it's always been true: Manning struggles in cold weather. He grew up in the deep south and seldom, if ever experienced real cold in college. Then he played half his games in a dome for 13 years. Brady is used to this stuff and will probably beat him again in near-zero conditions in January.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Manning is done. The score wasn't close because of anything Manning did. He's never been known for tight spirals, but he was throwing serious wounded ducks tonight. And the stuff he threw long was just floated and usually should've been intercepted. I don't think the wind was the biggest factor in that. Those passes didn't sail... they just wobbled and fluttered. They nearly all wobbled and fluttered.

Yes, he was great to start the season but I think the arm wears down (aka the nerve issue resurfaces) as the season wears on. I think it's showing up this season earlier than last. And defenses can just dare him to float those pseudo long passes that give defenders a chance to adjust and pick them off.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Right now I would pick NE to go to the SB from the AFC

Same. This would have been a convincing New England victory if it weren't for the rash of turnovers at the beginning of the game.

Brady's arm strength at his age is super impressive. Throwing it against the wind didn't seem to bother him at all.

I simply do not trust Peyton's arm in the playoffs. Denver kept running and running and running throughout this game. It certainly worked early, but Peyton's decision not to throw it much said a lot about the weather's effect on his arm strength. Denver's running attack got more predictable as the game went on and the Pats defended it better, which forced Manning to try to beat them with his arm. He simply didn't have it aside from that drive that resulted in the D. Thomas touchdown.

Manning had PLENTY of chances to put this game away. PLENTY.

His arm is simply weak in this frigid weather. It is what it is.
    Poor play is excusable in my book. Not stupid plays

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Total Manning/Brady role-reversal tonight.

Just tonight? Only a moron actually thought the Broncos were going to win tonight. It ends as it always does. Like I said it doesn't matter how the Panthers game ended because the Pats were going to win tonight and that game will be forgotten.

Of course in the end the Broncos have breathing room because the Chiefs lost today and they are still a game ahead of the Pats.

I also don't buy the whole Manning can't play in the cold because he's from the South. Explain Eli.

Regardless its not as if the Broncos are impressive overall. If anything I think them not getting HFA is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Manning is done. The score wasn't close because of anything Manning did. He's never been known for tight spirals, but he was throwing serious wounded ducks tonight. And the stuff he threw long was just floated and usually should've been intercepted. I don't think the wind was the biggest factor in that. Those passes didn't sail... they just wobbled and fluttered. They nearly all wobbled and fluttered.

Yes, he was great to start the season but I think the arm wears down (aka the nerve issue resurfaces) as the season wears on. I think it's showing up this season earlier than last. And defenses can just dare him to float those pseudo long passes that give defenders a chance to adjust and pick them off.
    I think I've watched basically every Denver game this year, and I've noticed a noticeable decline in the strength of his already-weak-to-begin-with-arm ever since the Mathis hit.

I own both Manning and Eric Decker in fantasy, so naturally I always look for Decker. Up through the Colts game, Decker was having a pretty damn good season. But since then, he hasn't done very much. Well, Decker's primary skill is being a deep threat. It's no coincidence that Decker's numbers have dipped since the Colts game. Manning's arm simply hasn't been good enough to get him the ball. It all goes back to Mathis getting that hit on his arm, IMO.

I think I've watched basically every Denver game this year, and I've noticed a noticeable decline in the strength of his already-weak-to-begin-with-arm ever since the Mathis hit.

I own both Manning and Eric Decker in fantasy, so naturally I always look for Decker. Up through the Colts game, Decker was having a pretty damn good season. But since then, he hasn't done very much. Well, Decker's primary skill is being a deep threat. It's no coincidence that Decker's numbers have dipped since the Colts game. Manning's arm simply hasn't been good enough to get him the ball.
    What do you expect hes playing on two bad ankles?

This game was served to Denver on a silver platter, but Manning simply didn't have the arm to put the game away. This is why this Bronco team can simply not be trusted in the playoffs. Even if they get home field, they will have to win two games in cold Denver and then win a Super Bowl in frigid New Jersey. I will be surprised if they win it all.
    They won't I was surprised they were even favored in this game I mean really Del Rio is a coach here does anyone think he'd outsmart Belichick. If the game was in Denver yes I'd probably have picked the Broncos but its in New England. Its always there.

As I said when the Pats let Welker go it wasn't going to hurt them in the end.

They're better off without him.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 11-25-2013 at 12:45 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    What do you expect hes playing on two bad ankles?

Right. He's all dinged up now. It's unlikely he will ever make it through another season without getting dinged up this late in the season.

I know his wheels are beat up, but that arm just looks weak. There were wounded ducks all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Well, I don't see how Denver and NE don't play each other in the playoffs, so Denver will get a chance to get back. What a ****** way to lose the game.

It will end the same in these Manning/Brady matchups in the regular season its just a preview of how it ends in the postseason

2003 Brady

2004 Brady

2006 Manning

2013 if it happens will be no different.

That being said the media will genuflect over Brady so between that and the Colts epic fail I can at least ignore the sports shows for the next few days.

Fortunately for Denver its only a regular season game they live to see another day and are still on top of the division and AFC not sure if that's a good thing though
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 11-25-2013 at 01:20 AM.

The funny thing about last night, I missed the entire first half. My daughter performed in an orchestra concert and we returned just before the second half kickoff. I did listen to most of the first half on the drive home on the car radio.

People can't overemphasize that third quarter performance.

With the score 24-0, the D wasn't going to respect the run. So you have to sling it, into a 20-25 mph wind. To throw for over 200 yards in the quarter under those conditions is something rarely seen. I know not to ever give up, but I tell you what, while I wanted to get home ASAP to see the second half, I wasn't sure that I would be watching very long.

Taking the wind in OT was a ballsy choice.

Another ballsy call that is overlooked:

In OT, 3rd and 4 at NE 48, Manning complete to Tamme for 3 yards. PENALTY on DEN-E.Decker, Offensive Pass Interference

Do you decline and face 4th and 1 at the 45?
    Do you accept and give them another 3rd down play, 3rd and 14?

Well, with the way PM was throwing, you take your chances on 3rd and 14 and don't risk having to stop Moreno from getting one tough yard on 4th down, if Del Rio would have had the balls to do that.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 11-25-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

The injuries to Cutler and Rodgers basically served the NFC North to the Lions on a silver platter, yet they still can't capitalize. They blew that game in Pitt last week and lost to the freaking Bucs at home yesterday. Unbelievable.

It seems nobody wants to win the NFC North.

The Pats did a great job of taking away those screen passes that Denver has burned people with all year. You know, those little 5 yard throws that D. Thomas or Welker turn into a 20 yard gain. They dared Manning to beat them with his arm and were more than willing to give him the run. They took away the offense's bread and butter, which is the screen passes.

I've watched Peyton for a long time, and I don't think I've ever seen him look so scared to throw the ball. Sure Moreno definitely needed to be heavily involved since he was running so well, but it seemed as if they were running on virtually every play for a huge chunk of this game, especially when they had the opportunity to really step on the Pats' throats after taking the big lead. It just seemed as if Manning's swagger and confidence were MIA last night. The few longer throws he had last night were mostly ugly wobbly ducks. If I were a Denver fan, I'd be very concerned. This team is going to have to win a championship while likely playing exclusively in cold weather playoff games. Even the Super Bowl will be in frigid weather.

I don't think it would be possible for an NFL quarterback to have less arm strength than Peyton had last night.

The Pats did a great job of taking away those screen passes that Denver has burned people with all year. You know, those little 5 yard throws that D. Thomas or Welker turn into a 20 yard gain. They dared Manning to beat them with his arm and were more than willing to give him the run. They took away the offense's bread and butter, which is the screen passes.

I've watched Peyton for a long time, and I don't think I've ever seen him look so scared to throw the ball. Sure Moreno definitely needed to be heavily involved since he was running so well, but it seemed as if they were running on virtually every play for a huge chunk of this game, especially when they had the opportunity to really step on the Pats' throats after taking the big lead. It just seemed as if Manning's swagger and confidence were MIA last night. The few longer throws he had last night were mostly ugly wobbly ducks. If I were a Denver fan, I'd be very concerned. This team is going to have to win a championship while likely playing exclusively in cold weather playoff games. Even the Super Bowl will be in frigid weather.

I don't think it would be possible for an NFL quarterback to have less arm strength than Peyton had last night.

Weather is rather unpredictable I mean it was in the 60s when we had the SB (course the game was indoors) and then you had Dallas with an ice storm the year before.

You never know we could end up having a heatwave.

That being said the Broncos aren't going to the SB and its not so much the weather as it is everything else about this team. People forget that they actually were good the first half of the game and then it fell apart.

They really needed Julius Thomas more than Welker who was better off sitting out this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Weather is rather unpredictable I mean it was in the 60s when we had the SB (course the game was indoors) and then you had Dallas with an ice storm the year before.

You never know we could end up having a heatwave.

That being said the Broncos aren't going to the SB and its not so much the weather as it is everything else about this team. People forget that they actually were good the first half of the game and then it fell apart.

They really needed Julius Thomas more than Welker who was better off sitting out this game.

Sure you can get a heat wave, but odds are that it will be pretty cold. Even if it's somewhat mild, it will still be cold once the sun sets and the game starts.

I don't think weather is what caused the Broncos to lose a factor perhaps but when you blow a lead like that there's something else wrong here.

That being said I don't know who will win it all. The only team I think is impressive is Seattle at home away from home not as much.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Manning didn't have a good game at all by his standards but he wasn't abysmal nor the reason Broncos didn't win the match.

First of all, they had established the run. Moreno had an unbelievable game and that was the best rushing performance by a PM led team. Why abandon it, when it was working? Manning threw the ball during the first half in third downs mostly thus when needed.

What they said on TV about forcing him to throw outside the numbers it was a really good observation and you could see he was really struggling throwing inside them. Once he blatantly missed Welker in the first half and that's it. There was no free guy no separation. Bellichick was well prepared as usual and well done to him(yikes).

Secondly, bear in mind that they lost Rodgers-Cromartie right at the end of the first half when he attempted to intercept Brady's Hail Mary. Huge huge loss. Then they lost their starting safety. NE came really determined in the second half and the easiness they ended up in Broncos endzone in a time saving fashion was just unbelievable. Looked so easy for them. At the end of the third quarter the massive difference was basically gone for Broncos.
    Finally Manning threw that horrible pick and Broncos started losing the ball just like NE did in the first half.

Peyton had a great drive to tie the game and we all saw how freakishly Pats won the game. Was probably heading to a tie had it not that muffed punt return happened.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 11-25-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Broncos lost because they had four stupid turnovers and their secondary is almost as bad as ours. NE isn't as good as that second half indicated.

The Broncos had the lead they had because NE did their best to give it to them. The Broncos offense didn't look particularly great getting to that lead. Once NE hung onto the ball things improved for them. Once the Broncos had to actually move the ball, anytime Manning went to the air it was questionable at best.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Seattle CB suspended for 1 year. Here's an excerpt from the article:

The Seattle Seahawks' secondary is set to face another obstacle.

NFL Media columnist Michael Silver reported Monday that Seahawks cornerback Brandon Browner is facing a suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. The suspension is for one year, NFL Media's Albert Breer reported, per union sources. Browner has filed an appeal, per Breer, which has been heard. The Seahawks are ready to move on without Browner, per Silver.

Silver previously reported that Browner was facing a suspension for performance-enhancing drugs, rather than substance abuse. We apologize for the error.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ces-suspension
    Last edited by Strummer; 11-25-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

MNF = Battle of overhyped option QBs. Remember like 3 months ago, Jaws proclaimed Kaep to possibly be the greatest of all time?
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.