Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

People forget how good an athlete Cam Newton is, he tested about the same as Andrew Luck at the combine.
    Stolen from Tom Lewis @ indycornrows
    "Just look at the flowers ...."

This is quite a game!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree with Gruden, that was a bad 3rd and 1 call for NE. Should have given it to one of those backs. Vereen looks really sharp, he should be a nice asset for NE down the stretch this season.

Great game.

I'll be surprised if Carolina can actually pull this game out.

These are perfect elements for an epic kicker choke. Wind and the pressure of tying a game against the Pats on MNF.

Wow. Cam Newton has been very impressive tonight. Still time for Tommy Football, and the Pats have all three timeouts left.

Great game.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

if Cam Newton runs up on the ref like that the media'd kill him

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Not to mention the potty words he used. Oh, my ears.

But there was no foul there.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo

that's at least illegal contact or something. but I don't care, Gronk wasn't going to be able to catch that, the right team won.

If that's pass interference then cornerbacks may as well not be allowed on the field. Glad they picked up the flag.

Anyone want to bet Brady doesn't get fined for swearing at the ref?

Sports Logo

playoffs started tomorrow Colts'd be the 2 seed

Sadly we have to play games still, don't think that's going to stick
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Pats got screwed. I don't see how anyone can say for certain that Gronk couldn't have competed for that ball. That was close enough that he could have at least made a play for it if he wasn't bear-hugged. The pass interference started near where the ball ended up landing. The refs wouldn't have picked that up in Foxboro. They choked and caved to the crowd.

I was very impressed with Cam Newton and the Panthers offense. He had a very clutch last couple of drives, especially that last one.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

That Gerry Austin dude won't be back next week

Tom Brady is lucky he's not a player not named Tom Brady that tirade against the refs would be portrayed far more differently...

Regardless a penalty should've been called but the other guy intercepted never seen that before.

It won't matter on Sunday though since the Pats will beat the Broncos ugh.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    playoffs started tomorrow Colts'd be the 2 seed
    Not sure if I think that's a good thing though HFA hasn't worked out well for the last few SB champs I feel like this team is better on the road than at home this year.

We're going to have to win at least one game at home, and I'm not sure we're going to get out of that first game based on how we've been playing the last few weeks

Ray Lewis has been an excellent addition to the ESPN set.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Greenberg: "That was the worst call I have ever seen in my entire life of watching NFL football, even though the outcome (a Patriots loss) was exactly what I wanted to happen. If that is not pass interference, then pass interference has never been committed in history of the league"

Golic agreed.

Gronk was wrapped up 4 yards into the endzone and ridden to the back of the endzone, then the pass arrived, 4 yards into the endzone. It is a call made every time in the first 59 minutes and 59 seconds of every game. I guess different rules apply for the last play. Generally the consensus here on this forum is that the game should be called the same way throughout, so those thinking it was the right call have some 'splainin' to do.

It wasn't why they lost though. That was on the wasted first half drives stalled by a fumble and by bonehead penalties
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 11-19-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Ray Lewis has been an excellent addition to the ESPN set.
    I beg to differ. This is a guy who seriously believes that Roger Goodell personnally oversaw the creation of a power outage in the Super Bowl for the purpose of intentionally altering the outcome the game.

I think he is basically Emmitt Smith, but with a lot more anger and with an even lower IQ.

If in excellent you mean entertaining, in an unintentional comedy sort of way, then I guess I can agree somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I beg to differ. This is a guy who seriously believes that Roger Goodell personnally oversaw the creation of a power outage in the Super Bowl for the purpose of intentionally altering the outcome the game.

I think he is basically Emmitt Smith, but with a lot more anger and with an even lower IQ.

If in excellent you mean entertaining, in an unintentional comedy sort of way, then I guess I can agree somewhat.

I never said he wasn't nutty.

But amongst all of that craziness, he can make some great points. I liked it when he was ranting last night about how the refs simply owed everyone an explanation for why they picked the flag up. To pick it up and just walk off the field like nothing ever happened was ridiculous.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I turned the TV off, even before Brady apparently talked to the ref in the tunnel. I guess I didn't want to see an explanation for what immediately obvious to everyone, so I didn't see Ray Lewis's post game comments.

I did hear him say yesterday that he thought it was ridiculous that the Brees penalty was called "just for hitting a guy in the neck." Um, Ray, the rules specifically say you can't contact the neck. At minimum, you should know the rule. Complain about the rule rather than about the call and I might even agree with you, but then call it a bad rule rather than calling it a terrible call.

I just find stupid commentators endlessly annoying. Marshall Faulk, Ray Lewis, Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin... none of these guys can spell cat if you spot them the "C" and the "A".

Q: "How much of an issue was their speed?"

Belichick: "I don't know, I mean every team in the league has fast receivers."

lol

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Belichick's post-game was one of the funniest I've seen in awhile. He is a master of making everyone feel extremely intimidated and awkward. The periods of silence, and then the nervous questions by the reporters... it was quite entertaining to see him sit up there knowing full well how uncomfortable he was making everyone, lol... I was cracking up. On NFL network Heath Evans was getting a kick out of it, too. Gotta give it to Belichick, he's one of a kind... love him or hate him.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You **** up once, you lose two teeth

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post: