Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

Regarding the dolphins situation...

1. Love all the arm-chair psychology occurring...
    2. You don't screw around with crazy. And Incognito seems to be that way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:

Now it's coming out that the Dolphins GM advised Martin to punch Incognito. Wow. Wonder if this will cost the GM his job?

So no RB is averaging 100ypg this year. No one is that close either honestly. LeSean McCoy leads the league in rushing with 777 yards on the season which is 86.3 ypg. AP is highest ypg at 88.9. If no one averages 100 ypg it will be the first time that has happened since 2007. Kinda crazy. Has the NFL just gotten that pass happy?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not the way to toughen somebody up. That's the way to tear them down. I mean.....even insulting his mother.....please. Some guys just by their personality can't just let comments and actions like these just bounce right off. They carry it around with them and it ultimately affects their self worth. Some people are just more sensitive than others. Doesn't matter what size they are.
    I wish I could thank it more than once. Some people are not thick skinned and could be bothered by something other wouldn't. Yet you will have some people saying "Ah he's soft, grow a pair" and other BS. Wake up, people are not all alike in their demeanor and character.

I understand that NFL locker rooms are not like any workplace but doesn't mean people who are more sensitive to some things will change and adjust accordingly.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please excuse my off topic post for a bit and allow me to share my excitement for something. Look what was waiting for me today in my mail box:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383837433.366940.jpg

The beast's jersey has finally arrived. Him, Reggie and Peyton are my favourite players from the Colts and pretty sure a certain #12 will be added soon enough
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    Has the NFL just gotten that pass happy?
    Lots of coaches are in love with the running back by committee approach, feeling that you are better off giving 3 guys 10 carries each than giving one guy 25 and another guy 5.

If the 25 carry guy stays healthy long enough, you will pay him a ransom, then he's likely to get hurt or decline. The 3 guys getting 10 carries each stay cheap and more likely stay healthy, and if not are replacable at a reasonable cost
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Nerd.
    Mood

And Incognito keeps looking worse and worse...

http://deadspin.com/richie-incognito...ium=socialflow

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...orary-captain/

T.O. returns to 49ers (as an honorary captain)

Posted by Mike Florio on November 8, 2013, 1:08 PM EST

Getty Images
    The man who loves him some him apparently doesn’t hate the idea of returning to the 49ers this week in a capacity other than player.

The team has announced that Terrell Owens will return on Sunday against the Panthers as an honorary game captain to commemorate his game-winning touchdown catch in the 1998 wild-card playoffs against Green Bay.

That moment has been determined the No. 4 Moment in Candlestick Park history. The 49ers are counting down the top 10 moments throughout the 2013 season.

Owens has said that, if he doesn’t land with a team this year, he’ll retire. He also has called us the devil.

Which I like to mention whenever I can.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bruce Arians has the Cardinals sitting at 5-4. They are tied for the amount of games they won last year.

This guy is just a fantastic coach, motivator, and teacher. He can flat out coach, no doubt about it. I think that the NFC is too deep for them to make the playoffs, but they certainly have a chance. I'm rooting for them to do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Bruce Arians has the Cardinals sitting at 5-4. They are tied for the amount of games they won last year.

This guy is just a fantastic coach, motivator, and teacher. He can flat out coach, no doubt about it. I think that the NFC is too deep for them to make the playoffs, but they certainly have a chance. I'm rooting for them to do well.
    We really did get rid of the wrong coach I believe. It pains me to say that and I empathize with everything Chuck's been through and really like the guy, but it seems we are getting out-coached somewhat a lot of the time. The Colts are still what they were with Caldwell and Dungy even. Conservative and predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    We really did get rid of the wrong coach I believe. It pains me to say that and I empathize with everything Chuck's been through and really like the guy, but it seems we are getting out-coached somewhat a lot of the time. The Colts are still what they were with Caldwell and Dungy even. Conservative and predictable.

I still think that the Pagano philosophy is a major reason that we have been so successful the past two seasons. He laid a foundation in the 2012 training camp that helped us throughout the season when Arians was coaching. And 6-3 this season with all of the injuries is pretty nice, especially when you consider that we beat SF, Seattle, and Denver.

I have voiced numerous complaints about Pagano's situational football decisions, but I'm a huge fan of the guy from an overall philosophy and motivational standpoint. Overall, the team buys what he is selling and guys love playing for him. He has the Dungy factor to him in that department.

Anyone else enjoying watching the Steelers disintegrate into irrelevancy?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Anyone else enjoying watching the Steelers disintegrate into irrelevancy?
    The Steelers will never really be irrelevant they are a storied franchise after all so they have past glory to live on

But yeah would be more enjoyable if it were the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    The Steelers will never really be irrelevant they are a storied franchise after all so they have past glory to live on

But yeah would be more enjoyable if it were the Patriots
    I just meant irrelevant in a strictly football sense as far as the 2013 football season is concerned. I know they will always be extremely popular and important to the league.

Those striped Steelers jerseys need to be burned. I feel like I'm watching a different sport.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

Seeing the Jets implode is ALWAYS fun.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

It's crazy to think that the Falcons were just one play away from the Super Bowl last year. This team is absolutely disgraceful. I know that losing Julio Jones hurt, but they also weren't winning at the beginning of the season when he played. There's no excuse for this team being this bad.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 11-17-2013 at 02:27 PM.

When their game finally resumes, will the Ravens claim that Goodell "fixed" the weather so that their 10-0 momentum in Chicago would die?

/tinfoil

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

I wonder who the Colts are going to play in the first round. I think it would be great to get a 2nd or 3rd seed because the 6th seed contenders are sucking it up. 4th seed would suck as we wouldn't win that game
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

The Jets are currently being outscored 139-38 this season in games following a win.

So happy that I picked up Nick Foles in my fantasy league. Ryan and Dalton have gone on to **** the bed. Foles keeping me at the top.

And Moxie lighting things up for the Raiders!!!

I hope the Lions hold on in Pittsburgh for two reasons: 1) I hate Pitt and 2) I am rooting for the Lions to win that division. It would be cool to see them host a playoff game after all of the torture they have endured as a franchise.

EJ Manual 18-23 for 211 yards & 2 TDs in very windy conditions

Philly has a real chance to run the table. They have a pretty easy schedule and look really sharp right now.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.