Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
Results 626 to 650 of 1131

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

  1. #626

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    You'd think the Bears had the best offense in the NFL by listening to the MNF crew.

  2. #627

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    I thought this game was not that bad considering it involved two backup QBs but the Bears/Packers were never about the QBs when it comes to rival games.

    They say Rodgers broke his collarbone but he had no sling...

  3. #628
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,573

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    Flynn knows the Green Bay system, but has to clear waivers. I wonder if some team out there will be an a** and pick up him just to keep GB from getting him?

  4. #629
    - .-- ... ... Natston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Centralia, Pennsylvania
    Age
    31
    Posts
    8,386
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think ESPN is too happy with what they got this year in general. MNF has been pretty crappy so far. NBC has been getting all the good games
    As they should, MNF games since leaving ABC and TNF will always get poor ratings being on premium channels that a minority of Americans have...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)


    Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

  5. #630
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,573

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    So who has Aaron Rodgers on their fantasy team?

  6. #631

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So who has Aaron Rodgers on their fantasy team?
    Grandpa Favre says he does, speaking of Grandpa rumors have already started about him possibly coming back. Of course they aren't true but it would be hilarious if it were.

    I think they're putting Favre out there so they can get Matt Flynn while others are distracted.

  7. #632
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So who has Aaron Rodgers on their fantasy team?
    I have him and Luck. Luckily I pulled out the win last night to go to 7-2.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  9. #633
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,186
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    The Dolphins situation is kind of the clash of old school football ideals vs new school ideology. Incognito is a racist by his words, and says and does some bad stuff, but mostly has the support of his teammates big time over Martin. Martin is viewed as a quitter and a guy that couldn't handle the NFL.

    The small amount of evidence and the media view Incognito as a horrible monster racist, and Martin as a poor innocent victim, but I feel (especially in football) you have to get angry and pissed off at some point, and have to eventually (if it is true), stop taking the **** that is being thrown at you. Was Martin so sheltered his entire life that he never dealt with this before, who knows.

    I think there are tons of people jumping to a conclusion way before all the facts are out. It seems from evidence that Incognito is not a nice person according to words alone and his prior league stuff in St Louis, I don't deny that. I just think Martin needed to stand up for himself, (if he did and nothing changed, that's a different matter) besides up and leaving.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  10. #634
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Dolphins situation is kind of the clash of old school football ideals vs new school ideology. Incognito is a racist by his words, and says and does some bad stuff, but mostly has the support of his teammates big time over Martin. Martin is viewed as a quitter and a guy that couldn't handle the NFL.

    The small amount of evidence and the media view Incognito as a horrible monster racist, and Martin as a poor innocent victim, but I feel (especially in football) you have to get angry and pissed off at some point, and have to eventually (if it is true), stop taking the **** that is being thrown at you. Was Martin so sheltered his entire life that he never dealt with this before, who knows.

    I think there are tons of people jumping to a conclusion way before all the facts are out. It seems from evidence that Incognito is not a nice person according to words alone and his prior league stuff in St Louis, I don't deny that. I just think Martin needed to stand up for himself, (if he did and nothing changed, that's a different matter) besides up and leaving.
    No offense, but its funny you say people are jumping to conclysions then you jump to a conclusion.

    -------------

    personally i think there is still a lot yet to come out.

  11. #635
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,363
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    What conclusion is he jumping to? That Incognito is not a nice person? You do know that Jonathan Martin has a voice mail from Incognito calling him a ****** right?

    [edit]Nevermind, I see what you were saying I read the original post wrong. I'm leaving my post though in case anyone hasn't heard the latest.[/edit]
    Last edited by travmil; 11-05-2013 at 08:48 PM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  13. #636
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    No worries Travmil, I was gonna post the same reply to Heisenberg for his post that mentions Martin reminds him of Pitcock.

    _____

    Serious question. Does anyone from Miami (GM, coaches, etc) get fired before the season is over? Or does this have to get bigger for that to happen?

    ______

    Can I ask kind of a stupid question. What in the hell is a "leadership council"? Perhaps I am just young/really green, but I have heard of team captains, even co-captains, but never a "leadership council"

  14. #637
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What conclusion is he jumping to? That Incognito is not a nice person? You do know that Jonathan Martin has a voice mail from Incognito calling him a ****** right?

    [edit]Nevermind, I see what you were saying I read the original post wrong. I'm leaving my post though in case anyone hasn't heard the latest.[/edit]
    Just in case anyone really has not seen it

    Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN that the following is a transcript of a voice message Incognito left for Martin in April 2013, a year after Martin was drafted:"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

    Sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that officials from both the NFL and the Dolphins have heard the tape and have copies of the message.

    Sources familiar with the tapes say these are terms Incognito used over time and were not isolated incidents, including the use of the racial epithet multiple times.

    Sources also say Martin received a series of texts that included derogatory terms referring to the female anatomy and sexual orientation.

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99...onathan-martin
    Last edited by vapacersfan; 11-05-2013 at 09:08 PM.

  15. #638
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    I HATE this ESPN headline: Giants' Rolle: Martin 'allowed it to happen'

    New York Giants safety Antrel Rolle apparently is among those who blame Jonathan Martin, at least in part, for the incidents that led to the offensive lineman leaving the Miami Dolphins.

    Speaking on his weekly WFAN radio appearance in New York on Tuesday, Rolle made it clear that he believed Richie Incognito, who has been suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team, to be in the wrong for his alleged harassment of Martin.

    But Rolle also indicated a belief that Martin could have done more to prevent himself from being bullied.


    "Was Richie Incognito wrong? Absolutely," Rolle told the radio station. "But I think the other guy is just as much to blame as Richie, because he allowed it to happen.


    "At this level, you're a man. You're not a little boy. You're not a freshman in college. You're a man."

    Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN on Monday that Incognito used racial epithets and profane language toward Martin on multiple occasions.

    Sources also say Martin received a series of voice mail messages and texts that included derogatory terms referring to the female anatomy and sexual orientation.


    The NFL is investigating the situation while Incognito is suspended and Martin takes a leave of absence. But there is some sense in NFL player circles that locker rooms should be self-policed, and Rolle's sentiments echo that.


    "I think everything has its limits," Rolle said. "So there's no way that another man is going to make me pay for something that I choose not to pay for.


    "So, Richie Incognito, is he wrong? Absolutely. But I think the other guy is just as much to blame. Hopefully he's able to bounce back and recover from all that has happened and take awareness of, you know, man, you're a grown-*** man. You need to stand up for yourself. Hazing is one thing. Bullying is another."

    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...arassment-case

  16. #639
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,363
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    There needs to be immediate and widespread backlash against anyone spouting the kind of non-sense Rolle spouts here.

  17. #640
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There needs to be immediate and widespread backlash against anyone spouting the kind of non-sense Rolle spouts here.
    Really?

    I am normally one to say "lets not blame the victim" but I actually kind of agree with him.

    Dont get me wrong. Bullying is wrong. But even as a freshman (track, so not a big sport) I had freshman ****up day (all freshman in the school got messed with) then for track I had to bring donuts to film sessions and if I would have actually made any of the road trips I am sure I would have been forced to carry bags/do the grunt work (which I ended up doing a lot my sophomore year).

    I think the diffrence, however, is one is playfu and a right of passage. We hate getting hazed, and I hesitate to use that word because I did not consider buying donuts for the team hazing.

    Now, 15K for a trip I dont go on? Thats nuts. I get not wanting to have conflict, but I kind of agree with Rolle. Thats not hazing, that harassment, esp. with all those calls and texts. I know that hindsight is 20/20, but I would have seriously laughed in someones face (esp if I make 300K and after taxes/agent that prob only 150)

    After all that rambling, I guess I kind of see what Rolle is saying. You are a grown man. Speak up (even if that means going to the coaches/your teammates vice fighting dude in a parking lot)

  18. #641
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,363
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    This goes way beyond hazing.

  19. #642
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This goes way beyond hazing.
    I agree with that....but so did Rolle.

  20. #643

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hen-up-martin/

    When Armando Salguero of the Miami Heraldvisited PFT Live on Tuesday and we discussed the possibility that Dolphins guard Richie Incognito’s treatment of tackle Jonathan Martin came at the behest of a coaching staffhoping to make Martin tougher, Salguero predicted that, if that ends up being the case, a lot of people will be fired.A lot of people apparently will be fired.
    According to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Dolphins coaches asked Incognito “to toughen up” Martin after he missed a voluntary workout during the 2013 offseason. Kelly cites “at least two” unnamed sources.
    Per the unnamed sources, Incognito may have taken his orders too far. Specifically, the sources tell Kelly that the racially-charged voice message from Incognito to Martin came after skipped two days of the team’s voluntary OTA program.
    “Incognito was encouraged by his coaches to make a call that would ‘get [Martin] into the fold,’” Kelly reports.
    Regardless of whether Incognito took his orders too far, those who gave the orders will be facing serious consequences, if the report is accurate. Management-level employees can’t pull the rip cord on a reputed nut job and then throw their hands in the air and say “that was an overreaction” when the local enforcer is overly zealous with his methods of enforcement.
    Apart from the fact that the report suggests a violation of the rules regarding voluntary workouts, the report indicates that the coaches set in motion the events that resulted in Martin leaving the team due to ongoing harassment by Incognito. Even though Kelly’s report focuses specifically on communications occurring in the offseason, it’s quite possible that the effort to toughen up Martin was as extensive as the cinematic effort to “train” PFC William Santiago.
    To summarize, one of the biggest messes in recent years is about to get a lot messier. And if Kelly’s report is accurate, more people than Incognito will soon be former employees of the Dolphins
    If this is true, this is going have serious repercussions. You just can't do that
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  21. #644
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,186
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    I was going to delete my post as I feel parts of it are not sort of what I meant to say, but I can't really take it back.

    I'll just say; Incognito is crazy as **** and now really reading a lot of the stuff around, you can't really fight a guy like that, he'll just keep coming back at you forever.

    Martin is in a no-win situation really, and he took the way that exposed this clown for who he was, and possibly the Dolphins as well, while probably ruining his own career. A guy that can take happiness over money I can respect, he just is probably now realizing that he's dealing with decades of football/locker room history that needs to be changed for 2013.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  22. #645
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,384

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    Wow. It feels like new things about the story keep popping up every hour or something.

    Admittedly I couldn't stop laughing after reading this one:



  23. #646
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,384

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    All the tweets leading to the above:

    Adam Jacobi ‏@Adam_Jacobi 11h

    "Colonel Joseph R. Philbin, Commanding Officer, National Football League, Miami, Florida."

    "Have you ever spent time on a football team, son? Ever served on an offensive line?"

    "Ever put your block in another lineman's hands, ask him to put his block in yours? We run plays, son. We run plays or people get sacked."

    "Son, we live in a world that has offensive lines, and those lines have to be filled by 350-pound men with helmets. Who's gonna do it? You?"

    " I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Martin, and you curse the Dolphins' o-line. You have that luxury."

    "You have the luxury of not knowing what coaches know. That Martin's departure, while tragic, probably saved Ryan Tannehill's life."

    "And Richie Incognito's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves quarterbacks' lives."

    "You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about on Twitter, you want him on that line. YOU NEED HIM ON THAT LINE."

    "We use words like shiver, rip technique, smash. We use those words as a backbone of a life spent defending quarterbacks."

    "You use them as a comment on Pro Football Talk."

    "I have neither the TIME nor the INCLINATION to EXPLAIN MYSELF to a man who rises and sleeps under the fandom of the very team I coach..."

    "...and then *****es on Twitter about the way I provide it."

    "I would rather you just said "thank you" and bought a season ticket."

    "Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet, and stand at left tackle."

    "Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you football fans think you're entitled to."

    "*Did you order the code red?* YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT I DID! - Joe Philbin"


  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  25. #647
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    Apparently, Roy Hibbert now plays for the New York Jets.

  26. #648
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,363
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    So, Martin starts dealing with this guy, probably tells him to cool it. When that doesn't work, he goes to his coaches......who ordered the guy to treat him that way. When he gets no traction there what's his last option? There's not a single person anywhere saying he should have stood up for himself that would tolerate being treated like that. Not one. They should all shut the hell up.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  28. #649
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,778

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    My stance on it all:

    So... as crazy as this sounds, and I'm not saying I agree with this, but trying to understand it.... I think the basis of hazing/initiating is the "ends justify the means". The means would be poor treatment. The ends would be a tougher individual and closer relationship (once everyone makes up).

    That said... if what you're trying for is a tougher individual... and a tighter relationship, there's much better ways to go about it. There are "leaders" out there who motivate by fear... and others by respect. People work their hardest alongside you and for you when they respect you and like you and have a true desire to be the best they can be. People will not work as hard for you when they fear you... they'll just work as hard as necessary to appease you, but not necessarily their hardest.

    There are ways to convey/instill toughness in someone without beating the crap out of them. If I had to guess... and from what I'm hearing... Incognito was tasked with toughening up Martin. The problem was the method he chose to enact it.

    In no normal working situation does anyone have to accept that kind of treatment. I know that the NFL is no normal working situation. But still... if one of my co-workers tried taht ******** with me, there would be the following process:

    1) Take it... in a very limited manner. Sometimes people have a bad day. I will remember it and monitor you though to see if you continue it.
    2) Once it went past my rather low threshold, I'd have a discussion with them, telling them it's not something I approve of and it's not to continue.
    3) If no change, take it to superiors.
    4) if no change, walk away. Better I walk away and let it go than stay there and do something that I can't foresee, but like any grown male, there are limits before you just pop.

    Getting into a physical altercation is just stupid. It's not an option. It's nothing to do with manliness, it's just stupidity. I don't really have a problem with the way Martin went about it. Some may view it as not being strong; I look at it as "I don't really have to deal with this **** from a dipstick like yourself, and I'm gonna walk away before you really **** me off." Incognito, on the other hand, just sounds like he's an idiot. No grown man conducts himself like that. You make a ton of money to be a professional. You cannot even tell me that voicemail is an example of professionalism.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 11-06-2013 at 01:32 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  30. #650
    Member presto123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN.
    Posts
    3,251

    Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

    That's not the way to toughen somebody up. That's the way to tear them down. I mean.....even insulting his mother.....please. Some guys just by their personality can't just let comments and actions like these just bounce right off. They carry it around with them and it ultimately affects their self worth. Some people are just more sensitive than others. Doesn't matter what size they are.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. 2013 COLTS SCHEDULE
    By Coopdog23 in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 05:17 AM
  2. 2013 Colts Free Agency so far
    By Mears13geico in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-14-2013, 08:28 AM
  3. Can the Colts make a Super Bowl push in 2013?
    By Coopdog23 in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-12-2013, 06:55 AM
  4. Colts opponents in 2013
    By Heisenberg in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-05-2013, 11:53 AM
  5. 2013 colts pro bowlers
    By Hypnotiq in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •