Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

It sucks this is the only game we get the others seemed way more interesting like Tampa/Seattle

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

@MySecondEmpire: Hope someone's writing a book about Tampa Bay's season: "The Flesh-Eating Disease Wasn't the Worst Part."

Maybe you'll get a great draft pick out of it.

I rather really suck or be really elite than mediocre in the NFL.

this Richie Incognito/Jonathan Martin thing is so bizarre. one, absolutely no disrespect intended towards Martin, but how can a grown man be bullied to that point? I know there are ton of factors that could come into play, Incognito's a vet, Martin's in his 2nd year, maybe don't want to upset the lockerroom, maybe Martin's got otherwise underlying issues, but still man. it's one thing to get punked on because you're young, some old fashioned teammate ribbing stuff that gets out of hand is one thing, but if the stuff about Incognito texting Martin "racially charged" stuff is true he's lucky Martin took out a table with his lunch tray instead of his head. two, in regards to Incognito, how big of a POS can you be? and three, wtf, how leader-less is that locker room to let that **** go on? where you at Joe Philbin? where's the OL coach? where's ANYBODY?

regardless Incognito looks like he's done in the NFL, which I'm happy with. he's a dirtbag on the field, and apparently off the field too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh it gets more interesting. Deadspin has posted an article about Incognito's dad potentially posting on a Fins forum

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incogn...ium=socialflow
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

I wonder if this is really "orientation" related when it comes right down to it. If you believe Stephen A he says this stuff will put what happened with Riley Cooper to shame.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If true, the racial stuff is really over the line, and Martin probably should have fought back physically (this happens more in the NFL than people like to think) because idiots like Incognito probably only understand physical force. More ideally though, there should have been a veteran in Miami's locker room that told Incognito to cool it.

I was hazed as a freshman playing high school sports. It sucked, but mostly it was just stupid stuff like carrying equipment or singing in the locker room or something dumb like that. One time it did turn physical and one of the seniors physically made sure to the offender that it wouldn't happen again. If an 18 year old can understand that why wouldn't a pro? Seems dumb really.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Phil Simms can't miss any opportunity to say how wonderful Brady is
    I watched in an airport bar so I couldn't hear the sound.

I did hear the chorus of people on ESPN, Fox, and NFL network insisting for the past several weeks that the season stats to date show that Brady is already over the hill and that there may be just nothing left in the tank.

Then I saw the postgame analysis of ex-Bronco card-carrying Pats hater Tom Jackson. He was nearly in tears and practically inconsolable as he tried to explain yesterday's Pats-Steelers game in a low, depressed voice. He insisted that yesterday had nothing to do with the Patriots or with Brady, but that Pittsburgh's defense had now reached the level of being historically bad. That doesn't jive with their 2nd-in-the-league rating against the pass coming into yesterday, but he still ran with it!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sean Payton's 4th and inches play selection yesterday.

I suppose anything that doesn't work is bad, but a reverse against a team noted for attacking the line of scrimmage?

wow

Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 11-04-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

The Incognito stuff is way beyond hazing.

Threats of violence and even death to family members, racist rants.

This turd needs like a year suspension from Goodell, not like he's likely to play in the league again anyway, but still he deserves it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ins-voicemail/

Mood

torn on Incognito (gasp!!!)

He actually seemed to be genuine with many things he said in regards to turning around his life, mental health, and career. Now of course no one is going to change completely, he is still a jerk a lot of the time. After reading his father's posts... WOW. Richie had no chance growing up to be a respectful person with that clown as a father.

discussing mental health
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolp...ose-struggling

his mother and father

as someone who has had his own struggles with mental health, I can relate to him in many ways. This pushes me to wait a bit longer, yes even after reading his voicemail transcript, before I throw him in the Hitler category.

1) Martin is viewed as the poor innocent victim of Big Evil Incognito, but the fact remains we don't know the background behind all of this.

2) Incognito's "rough exterior" and deplorable actions/comments are more than likely a mask and/or compensation for a really stressed, insecure mind.

I don't know. I'll probably change my mind in an hour. Just wanted to say I'm conflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Oh it gets more interesting. Deadspin has posted an article about Incognito's dad potentially posting on a Fins forum

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incogn...ium=socialflow
    ok, I admit it. I'm Donald Brown's dad.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    ok, I admit it. I'm Donald Brown's dad.
    I knew it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 2013 non-Colts thread

Lacy is one impressive RB. Good comparison with Lynch as Gruden mentioned. He loves contact and will gain yards after it. Green Bay can be really a dangerous team if they get the running game going and have their receivers back.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

I blame Philbin for this getting out of control. This guy traded a good dude in Vontae Davis for no apparent reason, but keeps a monster like Incognito, and an idiot wannabe thug Pouncey on his team
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Lacy is one impressive RB. Good comparison with Lynch as Gruden mentioned. He loves contact and will gain yards after it. Green Bay can be really a dangerous team if they get the running game going and have their receivers back.
    Add to that if they get their quarterback back.......

Rodgers out the rest of tonight's game with a shoulder injury. I hope he gets back ASAP. This Bears-Packers game is missing a lot of big names right now (Rodgers, Cutler, Matthews).

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Add to that if they get their quarterback back.......

Rodgers out the rest of tonight's game with a shoulder injury. I hope he gets back ASAP. This Bears-Packers game is missing a lot of big names right now (Rodgers, Cutler, Matthews).
    This game got boring very quickly
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo Sports Logo

As someone posted on twitter, this game now should have been a TNF with all the backup QB's.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Sean Payton's 4th and inches play selection yesterday.

I suppose anything that doesn't work is bad, but a reverse against a team noted for attacking the line of scrimmage?

wow

Payton is an extremely arrogant coach. His arrogance won a Super Bowl with the ballsy onside kick call, but it's also cost him a season of his career. And then there's dumb plays like that.

He's definitely a great coach though. Top 5 in the league for sure.

Speaking of good coaching, Rex Ryan deserves a lot of credit for what he's done with the Jets this season. Everyone assumed that he was a massive lame duck this season, but he has coached his way to keeping that job. The Jets seem to be at their best when they can handcuff a young QB. That defense is something else, and Rex deserves big credit for that. 5-4 with a split against New England and a win over New Orleans. Impressive. Obviously one of the wildcard spots is going to go to whichever of Denver/KC doesn't win the division, but the Jets are looking like they will be in contention for the other. San Diego just keeps finding ways to win crushing games. The AFC North outside of Cincinnati blows. I suppose Miami has a decent chance at 4-4. Tennessee has proven to be solid too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This game got boring very quickly

Yeah no kidding. It's certainly not what ESPN thought they'd be getting when they scheduled this one.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah no kidding. It's certainly not what ESPN thought they'd be getting when they scheduled this one.
    I don't think ESPN is too happy with what they got this year in general. MNF has been pretty crappy so far. NBC has been getting all the good games
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I blame Philbin for this getting out of control. This guy traded a good dude in Vontae Davis for no apparent reason, but keeps a monster like Incognito, and an idiot wannabe thug Pouncey on his team
    Jeff Ireland traded Davis, not Philbin. and either way they got great value for Davis while having a guy that's just as good in Sean Smith.

The Jonathan Martin situation just recently came to a head, but it's hardly new.

Multiple Miami Dolphins sources said Sunday that the offensive lineman approached coach Joe Philbinto discuss his issues during organized team activities in the spring. One team source said Martin's desire to even continue playing football had been questioned, but the team believed the situation was quelled after it was addressed at that time. Another source who has spoken to Martin said the second-year pro addressed his issues with the work environment in Miami at the meeting with Philbin, though a team source contended the Dolphins weren't aware of them until last week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...sues-in-spring

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I don't think ESPN is too happy with what they got this year in general. MNF has been pretty crappy so far. NBC has been getting all the good games

Yeah, and CBS and FOX tend to get most of the leftover scraps (such as the Manning Bowl or big Conference match-ups such as NE-Pitt yesterday).

The rest of the Monday Night Football schedule looks fairly strong though:

Dolphins @ Bucs - yuck

Pats @ Panthers - Should be pretty good.

Niners @ Redskins - Niners are elite and Redskins should still be in position to win the division. Kaep vs. RG3, so they can't complain about that one.

Saints @ Seahawks - Great match-up, maybe the two best teams in the NFC.

Cowboys @ Bears - Should be good, big market teams who are looking at the playoffs.

Ravens @ Lions - Not bad at all, defending champs against a potent offense that is looking at a postseason appearance.

Falcons @ 49ers - Falcons are terrible, but no one could have ever dreamed that they would have such a bad season. This is a rematch of the NFC title game last year and looked like a great way to end the MNF season before the season started.

That's a pretty strong batch of games through the end of the year. Seems a bit heavily biased towards the NFC though.

Martin's kinda sounding like Quinn Pitcock