Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 non-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013 non-Colts thread

Now that's some defense Peyton has on his side. When they have days like that, he can afford having a bad game (for his standards). Dirty or not, Broncos have a good D.

I think it's becoming clear Peyton has more and more hard time finding his receivers by each game. Started by us and will continue, the DB's jam hard Denver's receivers. A lot of study, alot of contact in the first yds and disruption of routes. Let's see the adjustments Denver will do in regards to that.
    Good thing for them though they have a decent running game going on. The run blocking and also the blocking for extra yards after the catch has been very good for them.

Broncos have a good D? So far they have been pretty bad. One good game is not enough for me to call them a good D. They looked good mostly due to the fact that RG3 doesn't know when to get rid of the ball. Man, I am so glad we went with Luck.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes they have. Peyton overshadows them a bit, don't you think? They also shut us down in the second half last Sunday.

And why do you assume I said it based on just one game? They were good in others too. The opening match for starters.
    They rank 27th in pts/g but it's close to useless that stat (in Denver's case) cause in many games the opposite teams have logged the points in the late minutes where the game has already been decided.

I am not gonna say they are elite but they are far better than they are given credit for. Plus, as soon as Miller gets accustomed again, they will become even better.

The fact that RG III and his whopping 11-11 record as a starting NFL QB gets so much media attention and adulation is sickening. The Foreskins can't lose enough as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^ Seeing teams like the Browns, Bills, and Vikings go through multiple quarterbacks in a season makes you realize just how lucky we are to go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck. Other NFL fanbases have to hate the Colts for Manning's injury rewarding the team with Andrew Luck.
    Just a reminder of some of the threads here 18 months ago where some people were looking under couch cushions for reasons to trade out of the #1 pick and get a lesser QB prospect. There were even arguments that Matt Barkey wasn't much less of a prospect than Luck.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Such a shame we face the NFC East next season and not this one.

I don't blame Manning for the first pick the WR fell down the others yeah were bad.

Its like he wore an Eli costume today

I think the AFC West is the best division in football right now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    The announcer with Troy Aikman on the Denver broadcast(Brennaman?) really had me PO'd. When discussing AFC power teams(even mentioning NE and Cincy) not one mention of the Colts. Then he even went on to say nobody from the AFC South or North can distance themselves from the Chargers, all the while praising teams like the Broncos, Niners, and Seahawks.(teams we have all beat) National media will never change.

Troy was referring to the WC teams he thinks there will be 3 teams from the AFC West in the postseason. He doesn't think anyone else in the AFC South will be there that's not dissing the Colts (who are on top of the division) but the rest of our division

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

I think the AFC West is the best division in football right now.
    Yeah started the season " hmm... They might not be as bad we thought they would" and ended up being the most competitive division. Of course we had to face them this year. 3 down, one to go.
    Last edited by Johanvil; 10-27-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    The fact that RG III and his whopping 11-11 record as a starting NFL QB gets so much media attention and adulation is sickening. The Foreskins can't lose enough as far as I am concerned.
    Ummm, WTF are you reading/watching

I have limited access during the day (and I refuse to watch ESPN) but all the stuff I have heard on radio and read on the internet is the media bashing RG3.

Not sure his 11-11 record really means much (esp. considering all the holes the team has had) but even if you argue he is the team he is getting hammered.

Perhaps it is only local, but I hear him getting bashed a lot. I have not even turned anything on today, but I cant imagine anyone letting up.

Frankly, I have heard plenty of talk about Luck and how great he has been.....so when comments are made (and I am not just picking on you, though the "foreskins" line was lame......you gotta come up with something better...hell stick with deadskins if thats all ya got ) along these lines they baffle me a bit

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Broncos have a good D? So far they have been pretty bad. One good game is not enough for me to call them a good D. They looked good mostly due to the fact that RG3 doesn't know when to get rid of the ball. Man, I am so glad we went with Luck.
    I think Luck was pretty much a lock at #1...if no other reason then his NFL system experience is college.

RG3 can still bounce back, but I am not banking on it. I know some will argue he is going through the Cam Newton phase, and maybe he is. I just hope he takes his lumps and learns from it, and hopefully develops (and it would help to get a new OC that doesnt think he is Manning or Farve, esp when our RB's are tearing it up)

Frankly RG3 has said some things these past 2-3 weeks that have caught my eye. I still dont think he is as arrogant as some make him out to be, but I think he is a little to much of a free speaker, esp. for a young guy with a lot to prove.

Don't mean to keep arguing the point, but didn't I hear the broncos D was like dead last against the pass or something?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't mean to keep arguing the point, but didn't I hear the broncos D was like dead last against the pass or something?
    29th. They missed Von Miller. Don't forget that. That's their premier pass rusher. But again, look up my point I made previously. It's not like Manning was struggling to tie the game and or take the lead in the games prior to our game against them.

Also they happen to lead the league in INTs, they rank second in allowed rushing yds/attempt and 3rd in allowed rushing yds/game. Also, they are joint 11th in sacks with 22. That's not bad when you miss your No 1 pass rusher.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't laugh now, but the 2-6 New York Giants are only 2 games out of the division lead. How hilarious would it be if a team that started 0-6 won the division? I don't think it will happen, but we all know that Dallas never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. They have had multiple opportunities to take a complete choke hold on that division this year, yet they always find ways to blow it. New York at most could only lose 2 more games and realistically could probably only lose 1 more, but if they beat Dallas in the Meadowlands and gain that game on them, then who knows what could happen? All I know is that I'm rooting for the G-Men to make a run because it would be absolutely hilarious to see a team that started 0-6 win a division.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...of-free-pizza/

Nate Burleson gets a year’s supply of free pizza

Posted by Josh Alper on October 28, 2013, 10:57 AM EDT

AP
    If you’ve watched television at any point in the last few years, you’ve likely found yourself watching a commercial featuring the host of a party telling all of their guests that the pizza they’re raving about wasn’t ordered in from a restaurant.

“It’s not delivery, it’s DiGiorno” is the tagline and it’s one that the Lions likely wish wide receiver Nate Burleson heeded earlier this year. Burleson broke a bone in his arm in a car accident caused by his attempt to keep a pizza he’d purchased from sliding off the passenger seat of his car. He’ll be able to avoid any repeats of that accident for the near future thanks to a gift from DiGiorno.

Burleson posted a photo on his Instagram account of a letter from DiGiorno offering him a year’s worth of free pizza along with a pizza cutter to use once they’ve been prepared.

“Hello Nate. We hope you are feeling better after your recent car accident and are on the road to recovery! DiGiorno Pizza understands the challenges that come with carryout and delivery so we’re sending you a gift along with a year supply of DiGiorno pizza so you can skip carryout.”

That pizza cutter should be handled with care and one must always guard against burning the roof of the mouth, but this gift should otherwise keep Burleson out of dangerous pizza-related situations.

I just love it when companies give millionaires free things. Their PR team does such wonderful work "Hey, instead of taking free pizzas to a homeless shelter to get good PR, let's give away free pizzas to people that can afford to buy their own!"
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I just love it when companies give millionaires free things. Their PR team does such wonderful work "Hey, instead of taking free pizzas to a homeless shelter to get good PR, let's give away free pizzas to people that can afford to buy their own!"
    It gets more press to give it to a celeb but they could've made two pizzas with one stove here and not only given it to Nate Burleson but also a homeless shelter.

Its really no different than that girl here in town that got a year's supply of Blue Bell Ice Cream since her boyfriend didn't want to share his.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Its really no different than that girl here in town that got a year's supply of Blue Bell Ice Cream since her boyfriend didn't want to share his.
    It's a couple million dollars different. Nothing bugs me more than when companies give rich people free product in order to convince poor people (relative to millionaires) to buy their products.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

I get that but my point was that its just a company capitalizing on a national story for PR.

Patriots right tackle Vollmer suffered a broken right leg, as was expected when he was carted off.

That makes three pro bowl veterans lost for the season (Wilfork, Mayo, Vollmer).

A probable pro bowler in Talib missed the game again but is likely to return after another game and the bye.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...WzL/story.html
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Don't laugh now, but the 2-6 New York Giants are only 2 games out of the division lead. How hilarious would it be if a team that started 0-6 won the division? I don't think it will happen, but we all know that Dallas never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. They have had multiple opportunities to take a complete choke hold on that division this year, yet they always find ways to blow it. New York at most could only lose 2 more games and realistically could probably only lose 1 more, but if they beat Dallas in the Meadowlands and gain that game on them, then who knows what could happen? All I know is that I'm rooting for the G-Men to make a run because it would be absolutely hilarious to see a team that started 0-6 win a division.
    Not only that, but a team that starts 0-6 and wins the division means they went on a helluva late season run, which means they enter the playoffs with a massive head of steam, and we all know this Giant team as schizophrenic as they are, when they get a head of steam going into the playoffs, they usually win SBs.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Not only that, but a team that starts 0-6 and wins the division means they went on a helluva late season run, which means they enter the playoffs with a massive head of steam, and we all know this Giant team as schizophrenic as they are, when they get a head of steam going into the playoffs, they usually win SBs.
    I bet 8-8 wins that division, and only Dallas is really going to do better than that, Philly has too many injuries.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    I bet 8-8 wins that division, and only Dallas is really going to do better than that, Philly has too many injuries.
    I bet 8-8 wins it too. Dallas easily has the talent to finish 10-6, but they are Dallas and will find a way to blow games that they should win. If the Giants could finish 6-2, then they have a chance. I'm not going to bet on it because they have looked dreadful for most of the season, but they are one one of the most bizarre teams in the history of sports and have a way of surprising people, for better or worse. Watch them finish 6-2, win a playoff game in wildcard weekend at home, and then find themselves in a position to knockoff a team like Green Bay on the road in the divisional round. Not likely, but the Giants are always capable of the incapable.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm gonna re-watch the Dallas vs Detroit match from Sunday. Tons of fun. Calvin Johnson should not be allowed playing in the league. It's highly unfair.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sidney Rice out for the season with a torn ACL. Wow. Good thing for them having Harvin back.