Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: General 2013-14 NCAA athletics thread

Default Re: General 2013-14 NCAA athletics thread

Woooo Razorbacks BBall up 50! Yeah it's against Southeastern Louisiana but after this football season I need some good news.

Sports Logo

Boise State's Chris Petersen to Washington. Pretty surprising, he's turned down a lot of great jobs in the past. Maybe it's just more of what he wanted, stays in the northwest, it's a bigger market but not a BIG market with the media attention of a USC or Texas. Washington fans have to be pretty elated, get paid to lose Sarkisian who's solid but nothing special and replace him with Chris friggin Petersen.

So glad MSU beat OSU. I can't stand the Buckeyes and their phony, flaky coach.

MSU-Stanford in the Rose Bowl, Auburn-FSU in the title game. I hope OSU plays Alabama. That would be hysterical.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Normally I'd be happy to see OSU lose but considering this means we won't be getting an SEC free Title game this sucks.

They were due for a loss though regardless of what I think of them winning 24 games in a row is impressive.

I couldn't care less about the SEC having someone in the title game. Auburn deserved it way more than OSU anyway.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yup screw o$u. I think it's silly michigan st doesmt even get mentioned for the title but whatever. Long as it isn't the suckeyes.

Go on an ESPN conversation link for any OSU game and talk **** about their team. You'll get a pissed off/smartass reply within seconds. Their fans are all over the Internet looking to brag when they win and make excuses when they lose. **** OSU fans.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Yeah, on one hand I wanted OSU to win to get a Big Ten team in the title game, deserved or not. But on the other hand, screw Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't care less about the SEC having someone in the title game. Auburn deserved it way more than OSU anyway.

I guess we should be glad Florida State won because if not they'd lobby for a rematch of Auburn and Alabama.

Much like Auburn and LSU a couple years back.

I don't want to see that for a title game its a large part of why I hate the SEC amongst other things.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

While I'm glad the BCS is gone after this season, I think it at least goes out with the right teams going for the national title.

Just imagine if the 4 team playoff were in place this year, it actually would've been beneficial for Alabama to lose that game against Auburn, they would've been sitting at home knowing they were in. No debate over the top 3 teams; FSU, Auburn, Alabama...but who's #4? Baylor, Michigan State, guessing probably Baylor, but there would be debate and outrage. Also, while watching one of the college football post game shows, do you pit #2 Auburn vs #3 Alabama, or separate them so you don't have two SEC teams playing in the semi's? Lots of questions, but get to wait till next year to find out. A playoff is a start towards a better system, but people thinking its a perfect solution are kidding themselves.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Yeah, that 4th team would be an absolute mess this year. I personally favor an 8 team playoff. Though I don't know that I'd go just by BCS standings. I'd think Missouri should get in ahead of South Carolina, since I don't think it's fair for them to jump in at 8 over Missouri just because they lost the SEC title game. Other than that there's potential for some great matchups there.

My honest opinion is that I still take Alabama on a neutral field over anyone, but Auburn beat them, so that's that. What's most frustrating for us here in Arkansas watching Gus Malzahn win is that it's yet another Arkansas bred coach gone to help someone else win.

Edit: I was looking at AP top 25. BCS has Missouri at 8.
    Last edited by Ransom; 12-09-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Yeah, on one hand I wanted OSU to win to get a Big Ten team in the title game, deserved or not. But on the other hand, screw Ohio State.
    I'd root for any other B10 team, except one, but osu fans already complaining Auburn would probably jump them for the championship was annoying. I love that they lost.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I'd root for any other B10 team, except one, but osu fans already complaining Auburn would probably jump them for the championship was annoying. I love that they lost.
    I was trolling OSU fans by saying just that on Saturday. They'd all groan like they have indigestion. It put a real smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    Honestly, if Purdue were playing for a chance to go to the national title game in football, I think I would probably root for them assuming Indiana wasn't the team they were playing in the B1G title game. Especially if they were to be playing, say, Sloopy.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Honestly, if Purdue were playing for a chance to go to the national title game in football, I think I would probably root for them assuming Indiana wasn't the team they were playing in the B1G title game. Especially if they were to be playing, say, Sloopy.
    Oh I'd definitely root for IU football to go to the title game game, if nothing else for the surrealism. It's IU and all, but hard to hold much ill will towards a terrible football program. When Hoeppner passed I was all for IU making a bowl.

Oh I'd definitely root for IU football to go to the title game game, if nothing else for the surrealism. It's IU and all, but hard to hold much ill will towards a terrible football program. When Hoeppner passed I was all for IU making a bowl.
    I don't dislike the football team as much, but I'll never root for iu for anything.

I would never root for Purdue in anything.

Maybe I'd change my mind if their obsessed fanbase quick chanting "IU Sucks" in games in which IU is not even involved.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post

Maybe I'd change my mind if their obsessed fanbase quick chanting "IU Sucks" in games in which IU is not even involved.
    I also wish they'd quit that. A lot of the fanbase *****es about being called little brother and all that, but I mean, we go a long ways towards perpetuating it. Look at any Purdue message board/blog, they're all rampant with IU talk. I don't post on GBI because it's a cesspool, but whenever I check it out half the posters are taking more glee in IU missing a recruit or losing random game X than whatever positive happens to Purdue. It's embarrassing, the fanbase is the biggest problem with Purdue building their brand.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post

...and that's what I'd expect.

I don't think the cheer will stop. The students love it, and we hate iu. I think that by itself is okay, but I agree with Heis that many people, at least at GBI for sure, that too many fans talk more about iu than Purdue. That part is what makes it bad to me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Penn State Women's Volleyball looking to continue their domination. Going for their 5th title in 7 years. Up big on Washington in the semi finals now. Wisconsin awaits in the finals, PSU already beat them twice this year. Seriously amazing stuff, the level they are playing at, its just total domination of the collegiate level.

Sports Logo

whose idea was it to have Bill Walton call a UCLA game? this is brutal, you'd think Howland shot his dog. why don't you talk about how Pauley's a third empty and UCLA's fanbase sucks now Walton.

I also wish they'd quit that. A lot of the fanbase *****es about being called little brother and all that, but I mean, we go a long ways towards perpetuating it. Look at any Purdue message board/blog, they're all rampant with IU talk. I don't post on GBI because it's a cesspool, but whenever I check it out half the posters are taking more glee in IU missing a recruit or losing random game X than whatever positive happens to Purdue. It's embarrassing, the fanbase is the biggest problem with Purdue building their brand.
    Remarkably candid. Have a thank.

In fairness, I think almost all college sports messageboards are cesspools and absolutely unreadable. Peegs is brutal too. I don't even bother going to the messageboards anymore because the IU fans in there embarrass me.

Sports Logo

I know he's a freshman and all but Alford's kid doesn't belong anywhere near this level

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Remarkably candid. Have a thank.

In fairness, I think almost all college sports messageboards are cesspools and absolutely unreadable. Peegs is brutal too. I don't even bother going to the messageboards anymore because the IU fans in there embarrass me.
    meh, the internet in general. PD is a gem. No other board is like this that I have come across. Of course there are good posters on ****** boards and bad posters on good ones, but PD is just nice. I can't believe I've been posting here longer than I've been driving...

I know he's a freshman and all but Alford's kid doesn't belong anywhere near this level
    He had a pretty good game against Duke.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.