Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Andrew Luck!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Andrew Luck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Playoffs are just an entirely different animal. The year we lost to the Chargers in OT at San Diego was just like all of the worst luck coming at you at once. I don't think we had Bob "Mr. Glass" Sanders in that game. Then something that never happens, happened, a punter was basically MVP of a football game.

Their punter had a career game for them. THEIR PUNTER. Scifers or something like that. Every punt he kicked was downed in our own 5-10 yard line. I remember one drive we had and things were going good then Marvin Harrison who was basically held out the last 8 games of the regular season and finally came back for this game, was catching a pass in the redzone or something and as soon as he got hit, he fumbled.

So yeah, the Chargers were 8-8 and we were probably the better team on paper, but that's just not how it works all the time.
    You're blending the two back to back playoff games we lost to them.

In the 2007 season, we lost to them in the final game in the Dome when we had a bye. That was the game in which Harrison returned after sitting out most of the season. He fumbled a ball in the red zone when we were trying to go up 14-0, IIRC. That was the game in which Billy Volek beat us in the second half. The Chargers were 11-5 that season. We also lost to them in the regular season that year at SD when Manning threw six picks and Vinny missed that chip shot at the end.

Then the next year we had to play them on the road. We were a 12-4 wildcard and they won the division with an 8-8 record. That was the OT game in which their punter beat us. God I hate the Chargers. How did we lose to those clowns in back to back seasons?

I agree with you about the Saints Super Bowl. Everything would feel different if we had won that. Instead of feeling that we should have accomplished a bit more, we'd be saying that we won 2 out of 4 Super Bowls. No one could really say anything about Manning's playoff record. But it is what it is. Brady would probably be the GOAT if he had won either of the Giants Super Bowls, especially if they had won the first one and completed the perfect season. But that's just football.

The Saints Super Bowl is especially haunting when you realize that Manning only played here for one more season after that, which was a bizarre season in which he had that slump (injury was probably starting to get to him) and we only went 10-6. Lost to the freaking Jets in that agonizing wild card game.

Here is a Manning stat that is tough to digest: After winning the Super Bowl in the 2006 season, Manning's teams went one and done in 4 of the next 5 seasons. Granted, his team made the Super Bowl in the year where he didn't go one and done, but that stat is still pretty haunting. (Obviously I didn't count 2011 in there since he didn't play)
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 08-30-2013 at 08:14 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Getting back to Luck.... I thought they'd stick the starters in for the first series last night, but nope. Oh well, was hoping to catch some more 1st-stringer action.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Oh gosh I'd forgotten that SD game. Going on the road against a team you were 4 games better than and their punter had the greatest punting performance I've ever seen. I'm not joking, he might have had more influence on that game than any punter since Sammy Baugh. I get sick just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Getting back to Luck.... I thought they'd stick the starters in for the first series last night, but nope. Oh well, was hoping to catch some more 1st-stringer action.

Starters rarely if at all play its just ceremonial at that point since the backups are the ones who are fighting for a roster spot.

I agree.

God I can't wait for the first game. I love the Pacers, but nothing in this world gets me as excited as the start of Colts season.

Overall, it was a pretty solid preseason. Looked like crap against Buffalo, but bounced back nicely against the Giants and Browns. Last night's game was obviously a throwaway.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

It's easier to get into the Colts rather than Pacers for me because there's only 16 games, so each game is important and has value.

And I am amped about the season. I really hope our defense comes to play this year
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Colts' defense rests entirely on ability of Davis, Toler & safeties to stay healthy, IMO. Pass rush won't be there (consistently) this year. They have the DB talent to offset that for now, but if/when injuries take hold...

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts

Listen to williamson's podcast. He's very high on Luck, says he will be the 2nd best QB in the league by this point next year
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    It's easier to get into the Colts rather than Pacers for me because there's only 16 games, so each game is important and has value.

And I am amped about the season. I really hope our defense comes to play this year
    I am amped as well but really my huge expectations are for next year. I figured when we got Luck with all the rebuilding we had to do that year 3 would be the one where it starts rolling. I will be happy if it is this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    I am amped as well but really my huge expectations are for next year. I figured when we got Luck with all the rebuilding we had to do that year 3 would be the one where it starts rolling. I will be happy if it is this year though.
    I am thinking that this year the Colts could make a serious playoff run. The AFC is wide open. NE will be down, Baltimore lost a lot of key players, Denver will be good, but we all know what happens to Peyton in the playoffs. Why not Indy this year??
    David "And One" West

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great article today on Luck and particularly his Manning-esque approach to early career marketing, and the contrast to Kap and RG3: http://www.indystar.com/article/2013...ng-Andrew-Luck
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Well you titled it "Andrew Luck" I figured it was going to be an open discussion about him.. sure he could've been MVP but you could also say the same for a lot of other players last year. Sure Luck appears ready now but a lot of rookies appeared ready in their first season.. like Cam Newton then he had a sophomore slump.

You never know what the future holds besides we have to hope Luck is healthy I don't trust the O-Line as is to protect him at this point.
    This post is officially comical
    David "And One" West

We'll find out won't we haven't seen Pagano a full season as a coach who knows how that will turn out. People seem to forget a lot of our wins were close calls more than anything. I could see the Colts go 9-7 this season maybe 8-8. This team still has a lot of work before I consider them contenders. But health plays a role I mean there are QB who had potential and got riddled by injuries(Chad Pennington for one) there are no guarantees in life let alone sports.
    This prediction is also hilarious
    David "And One" West

Its Week 5

We're 4-1 its great but we don't know how it will end.

Which is what counts

Its Week 5

We're 4-1 its great but we don't know how it will end.

Which is what counts
    besides Denver, there really isn't another team on the schedule that scares me at all. The Colts are looking like a 13 win team at the moment. The AFC South has already been locked up by the Colts
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    besides Denver, there really isn't another team on the schedule that scares me at all. The Colts are looking like a 13 win team at the moment. The AFC South has already been locked up by the Colts

Any Given Sunday

Its not always who you play but when I mean look at Miami they don't look so hot right now but when we played them they beat us and looked real good.

A marathon not a sprint.

Not even in the slightest.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    Not even in the slightest.
    Houston is a bad team. Tennessee is so so. Jax is tanking. The division is over
    David "And One" West

Houston is not a bad team. Jacksonville is a bad team.

Is this your first season watching the NFL?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Houston ain't so hot.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Houston ain't so hot.
    Yeah, so what? Things change. That's not the point though. He crowned us as Division winners which is absurd really. I mean last season with our bad start and Houston's excellent one, most people were already crowning Houston as Division winners and rightly so. Yet we reached a point towards the end that had we won at Houston, the Texans would have been in a realistic position to lose the Division to us!!!
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Dude, you are sometimes the most irrational Colts fan. Let's slow down. We only have the division lead by 1 game.

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    Is this your first season watching the NFL?
    Been watching long enough to know when a division race had been settled. I'll give you the teams that have basically clinched their division: Denver, Indy, NE, Seattle, and the Saint will be division winners
    David "And One" West

Been watching long enough to know when a division race had been settled. I'll give you the teams that have basically clinched their division: Denver, Indy, NE, Seattle, and the Saint will be division winners
    Nope.