Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Andrew Luck!!!!

Having 3 jobs is kicking my ***. I didnt hear anything about a fine. Was it for apparel again?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And the Giants suck. Hope they choke again and "give" us the division (not directed at you Sollizzo) again
    They are one of the most bizarre teams I've ever seen in any sport. The two Super Bowl wins against New England are epic, yet there have been so many years where they've looked like complete crap during the regular season and can't even get into the playoffs. Ultimately, the rings matter far more than anything else, but the Eli-Coughlin Giants have a very bizarre legacy. Last year was the year where Eli needed to put a complete choke hold on the division and cement himself as a true elite quarterback. When the team was 6-2, they looked like the best team in football and Eli was playing like an MVP. But then they stumbled to a 3-5 finish with some embarrassing defeats. That's just what prevents him from being in the true upper crust of quarterbacks. Peyton and Brady don't ever blow a division by finishing 3-5. Eli looked awful down the stretch last year.

Like I said, at the end of the day your Skins won more games than anyone else, including crucial victories against Dallas and NYG down the stretch. You deserved your division crown.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I agree.

IDK if the numbers back it up, but a few weeks ago a fan said the Giants were due for a good yr. he said theyalternate choking years and then a deep playoff run

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

I care as much about all the hype that surrounds RGIII as I did about Tom Brady.

I only care what Luck and previously Manning did on the field. After a few more years Luck's stats will do all the talking.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

RGIII is too much of a diva. I'm so glad we opted for Luck.
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

Got caught up. I have no problem with the operation patience t-shirt.

Like I said last year, I would have been happy with Luck or RG3. Still thrilled we took RG3, and still dont see him as a divo or a coach killer.

bring on the regular season!

Knocking RGIII isn't going to make Luck any better.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

RWB

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Got caught up. I have no problem with the operation patience t-shirt.

Like I said last year, I would have been happy with Luck or RG3. Still thrilled we took RG3, and still dont see him as a divo or a coach killer.

bring on the regular season!
    So if you had a choice between luck and RGIII?
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

I am not a NFL GM. Cant even play one on TV.

Though i did say, and i stick by what i said all of last year. Esp with our terrible o libe 2 yrs ago. RG3 made more sense for us. Having a mobile qb saved us....a lot

Though i guess if you put a gun to my head I would say Luck. Thiugh i love mobile QB's, Luck ran a pro offense in college and he also had zero injuries in college (at least none i know of. )

But like I said i ant even pretend to be a NFL GM. Though i did stay at a holiday in express one tine

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Knocking RGIII isn't going to make Luck any better.
    Who said it did? I knock RG3 because I see flaws in his entire presentation, and he gets ridiculously hoisted up by the entire media. Has absolutely nothing with making Luck better.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

He looked good last night. Guy is like a seasoned vet out there.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Who said it did? I knock RG3 because I see flaws in his entire presentation, and he gets ridiculously hoisted up by the entire media. Has absolutely nothing with making Luck better.
    Yes he was a rookie with a 100+ rating and you see flaws in his presentation? Yes he's not exactly perfect yet and neither is Luck. I am a Luck guy all the way but can appreciate RG too.
    If you don't like the media hoist blame the media.
    Last edited by speakout4; 08-25-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    He looked good last night. Guy is like a seasoned vet out there.
    I posted on the Colts board that Luck looks more comfortable out there all ready than Manning did years and years into his career. Manning's demeanor, head shaking, and happy feet just made me nervous to watch him. Especially in the really clutch situations. Not that way with Luck. He makes me confident. Luck may never reach Manning's all time numbers but I would rather take my chances with him come playoff time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes he was a rookie with a 100+ rating and you see flaws in his presentation? Yes he's not exactly perfect yet and neither is Luck. I am a Luck guy all the way but can appreciate RG too.
    If you don't like the media hoist blame the media.
    Again, nothing you're saying has anything to do with what I'm talking about. Like the original point --- bashing RG3 has absolutely nothing to do with Luck, and yet somehow you equated that. Then I said I don't like his presentation --- as in, I don't like the way he presents himself, and you bring up his 100+ rating???? And OF COURSE I blame the media for his hoisting --- who else would I blame?? Seriously, I know you're a Luck fan, but what the heck are you doing, lol...
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Again, nothing you're saying has anything to do with what I'm talking about. Like the original point --- bashing RG3 has absolutely nothing to do with Luck, and yet somehow you equated that. Then I said I don't like his presentation --- as in, I don't like the way he presents himself, and you bring up his 100+ rating???? And OF COURSE I blame the media for his hoisting --- who else would I blame?? Seriously, I know you're a Luck fan, but what the heck are you doing, lol...
    I am just trying to be fair to a QB that I think deserves some praise for the way he performed last season. I couldn't care less about another team's QB.

Luck was on Mike and Mike this morning. His national push is coming......
    David "And One" West

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Oh yes, Luck is just as good as those guys TODAY. He is an elite QB, plain and simple. You can wait for the end of the season to rank him with the Bradys and the Mannings, but I WILL NOT WAIT THAT LONG. From what I have seen with my own eyes, Luck is there RIGHT NOW!!!
    Even though he hasn't won a championship, playoff game, division title, MVP, passing title, he's just as good as the top QB's in the game who has done it for years?

Obviously the talent is there, but can we give the guy a few consisteny years of greatness before we put him in the same category as record breaking, HOF'ers?

Edit: This is NOT meant as a knock on Luck at all whatsoever as I believe he is a very very good player. I picked him up in the 5th round of my fantasy league as well
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 08-26-2013 at 05:18 PM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

My biggest fear about Luck is keeping him vertical and in one piece. Not sure the OL is that much improved. LT is inconsistent, RT is new to the line. I wonder if Iljalana can still play.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

My biggest fear about Luck is keeping him vertical and in one piece. Not sure the OL is that much improved. LT is inconsistent, RT is new to the line. I wonder if Iljalana can still play.
    It is a worry that. Not impressed with the OL so far unfortunately. Pass protection has been average at best and you gotta wonder at Pep's preaching of a power run game. That OL can't open up lanes for the RBs.

Iljana, from what I read, hasn't taken part in a lot of snaps, rather limited number I should say, so he must not be rated a lot by the coaching staff or they may be trying to ease him in. Wonder if he's gonna make the next cut.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

While your general concern with our OL is valid, they are still really bad if Satele and McGlynn are starting and all indications point that way, Castonzo is very good and Cherilus is at minimum an improvement over last season. LT and RT are easily our best spots on the line right now.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

People still say RG3 is better just because he is faster. I just don't see RG3 being a great QB. Injured too much and doesn't thrown the ball down field. He is the most overrated player I can ever remember
    "We want Miami"

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Even though he hasn't won a championship, playoff game, division title, MVP, passing title, he's just as good as the top QB's in the game who has done it for years?

Obviously the talent is there, but can we give the guy a few consisteny years of greatness before we put him in the same category as record breaking, HOF'ers?

Edit: This is NOT meant as a knock on Luck at all whatsoever as I believe he is a very very good player. I picked him up in the 5th round of my fantasy league as well
    Why is it when I read this, I was getting a Dennis Green "If you want to crown his ***, then crown it" flashback?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

We really need to start out with a 3-1 record. Our first four games: Oak, Mia, @SF, Jax.

You have to think that we'll probably lose the SF game, but we have to take those other three. Boy, if we could somehow win that SF game.....

After those first four games, our next four games are: Sea, @SD, Den, @ Hou. Obviously that's a brutally difficult four game stretch. We gotta start off the season at 3-1 just in case we go something like 1-3 during that second four game stretch. This will be a fun stretch for obvious reasons, most notably Manning's return to Indy. SD is Monday Night Football, and then Denver and Houston are both Sunday Night Football. That's three straight weeks of intense national exposure. It would be awesome if we could win those games in front of a national audience, especially the Denver one.

We would be in tremendous shape if we started the season out at 5-3. Even at 4-4, I think we'd still have a good shot at the playoffs. The last eight games are: STL, @ Ten, @AZ, Ten, @Cin, Hou, @KC, Jax.

There are a couple of toughies in there, but overall that's a fairly easy second half of the season. If we can make it through the tough first half without too many bruises, then I think we'll have a great shot at the playoffs again.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post

I think there's a difference between skillsets and accomplishments. Sure, it's silly to compare Luck to Tom Brady or Manning on pure accomplishsments. But it's not silly to compare on straight eye tests and judging what those individual players *can do* on the field. I can say with all honesty that just on the eye-test alone, Luck is right there with the top QBs in this game *right now* in terms of the fundamentals, the technique, the form, the intangibles, the leadership, the confidence, and intelligence, decision-making, demeanor and cadence, throw-making, athleticism, clutchness, cool-under-pressure --- all those qualities you see in an elite QB. It's easy to consider 'Geek over-zealous in his eagerness for Luck, but to be honest, he hasn't been "off" in any of his outlandish predictions, lol..... like last year, everyone predicted 4-to-7 wins for Indy, and 'Geek predicted 11 or 12 wins. Everyone said he was crazy. He was the only one who was right.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-27-2013 at 12:41 PM.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll even take it a step further and do a direct comparison to my favorite player of all time (Manning) by their respective year 2’s, remember this is both as rookies and heading into their second seasons:
    Work ethic Push Manning was legendary, but by all accounts, Luck is just as dedicated.
    Leadership Push Manning commanded the locker room with authority, whereas Luck leads the lockerroom because his peers respect his game, demeanor, and confidence. I actually prefer Luck's way of doing things, and I would even go further to say that Luck had a much larger leadership mountain to climb last year and by all means met/exceeded it, but I can't deny Manning's command of the locker room either.
    Arm Luck Not really a question to me.
    Decision-making Push Could argue Manning was actually worse; often made really, really bad forces, and had a lot more “wtf” interceptions. A lot of Luck’s stuff was receiver deflections and wrong routes by receivers, but I’ll just call it even.
    Athleticism/Strength Luck Not a question. Luck could rep Manning 10 times on the bench press. He sheds linebackers like a.... linebacker. Manning often went down like a sack of potatos upon contact.
    Legs Luck Not a question.
    Intelligence Push I think this is fair to say, amazingly. Manning was a super-computer... but there's nothing to show that Luck *isn't* one, too.
    No happy feet Luck Not a question.
    Outside the pocket, running Luck Not a question.
    Grasp of NFL defenses Push Again, both had a ridiculous grasp of opposing defenses very early.
    Grasp of reading and calling plays Luck Before you go crazy, remember Manning didn’t really start doing his own line calls until season 3, but he revolutionized the game once he grasped it. Luck is clearly building on Manning’s shoulders here, but the student is becoming the master. He’s ahead of Manning’s curve, which is amazing.
    Release-time Manning I think this was something that Manning was amazing at; he released very high and the speed of it was ridiculous. Manning was a lot more hyper (see happy feet). He could get rid of a ball faster than most in history. Luck gets rid of the ball in his own time, and it's very effective, but to compare direct times, Manning got rid of the ball faster.
    Throwing Luck Manning threw a duck. It was usually in the right spot, but he often hammered it, and developed a decent touch later on. Luck already has ridiculous touch on his passes. They are pretty spirals. He hammers it when he needs to, weaves it between 4-5 defenders like a magician, and lofts it over shoulders like an artist. I have never seen a QB with such a complete arsenal of throws, with the entire range of throws that he has at this stage of his career.
    Clutchness LUCK This is absolutely not a question. Luck’s clutchness was unlike anything I’ve ever seen by a rookie. Manning fought clutch criticism well into his career and often crumpled under pressure early in his career.
    On-the-run Luck Not a question to me. The best on-the-run QB ever in my mind is Aaron Rodgers, and Luck is, in my mind, already right there with him, and likely will become even better. In fact, I almost prefer Luck rolling out than sitting in the pocket! He’s absolutely stunning to watch on those roll-outs. To run like that and place the ball like he does is…. superhuman.
    By my count, the ONLY category that Manning clearly exceeds Luck is release-time. The rest were all even, or actually favored Luck.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-27-2013 at 01:15 PM.