Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck!!!!

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Andrew Luck!!!!

This guy is amazing!! In only his second year, he has established himself as an elite QB. Luck already got his former OC Bruce Arians a head coaching job as a rookie!! I am expecting BIG things this year. Don't be surprised if #12 wins the MVP. Luck is the BEST draft pick in any sport since Lebron James
    David "And One" West

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Andrew Luck!!!!

I am expecting big things as well but he has to stay healthy. Our O-line is still as big a question mark as ever. Luck would probably be scary with a little more time to operate.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am expecting big things as well but he has to stay healthy. Our O-line is still as big a question mark as ever. Luck would probably be scary with a little more time to operate.
    He's already scary. If he had time to throw he'd be positively terrifying.

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This guy is amazing!! In only his second year, he has established himself as an elite QB. Luck already got his former OC Bruce Arians a head coaching job as a rookie!! I am expecting BIG things this year. Don't be surprised if #12 wins the MVP. Luck is the BEST draft pick in any sport since Lebron James
    yes

Somehow I got Luck in the 4th or 5th round of our fantasy draft Saturday night.

Hoping for another great season for him!

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post

You got a steal drafting your starting QB that late!! Luck will put up first round fantasy points
    David "And One" West

I drafted mid July..... got Luck in 6th and Hilton in 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    I drafted mid July..... got Luck in 6th and Hilton in 8th.
    I also got Hilton. Is it T Y or TY?

I got Rodgers early, but we have two QB slots (one QB and one foe general offense) so I couldnt pass luck up. Ironially enough the guy after me was all pissed (all of us were at a house for a draft party, made for a kick *** time).

Sorry for the thread derail

11. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

I got Rodgers early, but we have two QB slots (one QB and one foe general offense) so I couldnt pass luck up. Ironially enough the guy after me was all pissed (all of us were at a house for a draft party, made for a kick *** time).

T Y. I would also expect huge numbers from him. 90 catches. 1100 yds. 10 TDs
    David "And One" West

Is he changing his number to 88 too?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I like T.Y. but I don't see this. Reggie is going to still get his huge numbers and I'm actually pretty impressed by DHB and the way Pep plans to use him. I think DHB is going to get 5-6 catches a game and Pep is going to find a way to make it happen even if it is just quick hitting screens. DHB is the perfect WR body for that sort of use. Plus D. Allen is going to get his catches too.

I think Hilton will catch around 50 balls and get 800-900 yards. Still a fantastic season by any measure, but he's not number 1 receiver material right now.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Technically it should probably be T Y. His dad's name's Tyrone so people called him Little Tee Why growing up and the T Y stuck. I don't know where the occasional periods come from, the T and Y aren't abbreviations.

I am sorry he is not on the elite level with guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning. I think he will be in a year or two, but he is not on their level yet.

Luck is truly a blessing though and I think many Colts fans are taking for granted that we got to go from Manning to Luck. Most franchises just fall flat on their face after moving on from a HOF QB like we did. I still do not believe that we did not tank for Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I am sorry he is not on the elite level with guys like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning. I think he will be in a year or two, but he is not on their level yet.

Luck is truly a blessing though and I think many Colts fans are taking for granted that we got to go from Manning to Luck. Most franchises just fall flat on their face after moving on from a HOF QB like we did. I still do not believe that we did not tank for Luck.

I agree that we definitely tanked for him. Job well done by the Colts as it appears to have been a very smart strategic move. But you don't start Curtis Painter for as long as we did if you're honestly trying hard to win games. He would have been yanked weeks earlier if we were trying hard to win.

I agree though about our fortune. We sure are a lucky franchise, that's for sure. I bet that the other three teams in our division absolutely detest our good fortune. They probably thought for a long time that we'd come crashing back to earth once Manning hung it up, but now it looks like we have another stud on our hands. Meanwhile, teams like the Titans and Jaguars have been wallowing in squalor for years now. It's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I agree that we definitely tanked for him.
    Absolutely.

And though Jimmy at times can do some really stupid stuff, I'm sure it was his word that made it happen. It's a business. And FWTFIW, he doesn't let personal stuff get in the way of business. Great business decision. 2, 3 more years of Manning @ $20+ million a season or a career from Luck that has the 1st 4 (5 ?) years on a rookie scale contract ?? Take emotion out of it and it was a simple choice.

Oh yes, Luck is just as good as those guys TODAY. He is an elite QB, plain and simple. You can wait for the end of the season to rank him with the Bradys and the Mannings, but I WILL NOT WAIT THAT LONG. From what I have seen with my own eyes, Luck is there RIGHT NOW!!!
    David "And One" West

Oh yes, Luck is just as good as those guys TODAY. He is an elite QB, plain and simple. You can wait for the end of the season to rank him with the Bradys and the Mannings, but I WILL NOT WAIT THAT LONG. From what I have seen with my own eyes, Luck is there RIGHT NOW!!!
    I get your enthusiasm for the guy but he needs to improve on his decision making, his consistency and his accuracy to be on the level of those guys. Luck will making an amazing pass like he did to TJ, but then he will have a couple boneheaded passes like the pass he made on Reggie's insane catch for a TD. Everyone celebrates the catch, but Luck basically threw it to the defender instead of Reggie and we just got luck that the DB could not catch.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Manning is only on that level during the regular season though. I would argue he is very average overall in the post season. As good as he is I had very little confidence in Manning in playoff games and still don't. When he threw that back breaking pick last year against the Ravens I called it before it happened. He has gotten a little better at pressure games but Luck look more poised in his first playoff game than Manning did years into his career. I would rather take my chances with Luck when it comes to crunch time.
    It helps Luck to have a real team around him too that does not force him to carry it every inch to have success. Everyone bags on Peyton's playoff success, but when you have to drag a corpse to the playoffs year in and year out and then go up against the best of the best where there is no room to error then sometimes things are not going look pretty. When your entire defense's success is predicated on your offense playing flawlessly you are just doomed.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Even though he hasn't won a championship, playoff game, division title, MVP, passing title, he's just as good as the top QB's in the game who has done it for years?

Obviously the talent is there, but can we give the guy a few consisteny years of greatness before we put him in the same category as record breaking, HOF'ers?

Edit: This is NOT meant as a knock on Luck at all whatsoever as I believe he is a very very good player. I picked him up in the 5th round of my fantasy league as well
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 08-26-2013 at 05:18 PM.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

My biggest fear about Luck is keeping him vertical and in one piece. Not sure the OL is that much improved. LT is inconsistent, RT is new to the line. I wonder if Iljalana can still play.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    My biggest fear about Luck is keeping him vertical and in one piece. Not sure the OL is that much improved. LT is inconsistent, RT is new to the line. I wonder if Iljalana can still play.
    It is a worry that. Not impressed with the OL so far unfortunately. Pass protection has been average at best and you gotta wonder at Pep's preaching of a power run game. That OL can't open up lanes for the RBs.

Iljana, from what I read, hasn't taken part in a lot of snaps, rather limited number I should say, so he must not be rated a lot by the coaching staff or they may be trying to ease him in. Wonder if he's gonna make the next cut.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    While your general concern with our OL is valid, they are still really bad if Satele and McGlynn are starting and all indications point that way, Castonzo is very good and Cherilus is at minimum an improvement over last season. LT and RT are easily our best spots on the line right now.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Even though he hasn't won a championship, playoff game, division title, MVP, passing title, he's just as good as the top QB's in the game who has done it for years?

Obviously the talent is there, but can we give the guy a few consisteny years of greatness before we put him in the same category as record breaking, HOF'ers?

Edit: This is NOT meant as a knock on Luck at all whatsoever as I believe he is a very very good player. I picked him up in the 5th round of my fantasy league as well
    Why is it when I read this, I was getting a Dennis Green "If you want to crown his ***, then crown it" flashback?
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post

I think there's a difference between skillsets and accomplishments. Sure, it's silly to compare Luck to Tom Brady or Manning on pure accomplishsments. But it's not silly to compare on straight eye tests and judging what those individual players *can do* on the field. I can say with all honesty that just on the eye-test alone, Luck is right there with the top QBs in this game *right now* in terms of the fundamentals, the technique, the form, the intangibles, the leadership, the confidence, and intelligence, decision-making, demeanor and cadence, throw-making, athleticism, clutchness, cool-under-pressure --- all those qualities you see in an elite QB. It's easy to consider 'Geek over-zealous in his eagerness for Luck, but to be honest, he hasn't been "off" in any of his outlandish predictions, lol..... like last year, everyone predicted 4-to-7 wins for Indy, and 'Geek predicted 11 or 12 wins. Everyone said he was crazy. He was the only one who was right.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-27-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Manning is only on that level during the regular season though. I would argue he is very average overall in the post season. As good as he is I had very little confidence in Manning in playoff games and still don't. When he threw that back breaking pick last year against the Ravens I called it before it happened. He has gotten a little better at pressure games but Luck look more poised in his first playoff game than Manning did years into his career. I would rather take my chances with Luck when it comes to crunch time.

I'm not putting him in the elite level just yet in a couple years or so sure but he needs to show it. Plus anything can happen I mean people seem to forget we were fortunate Manning was durable for his career here in Indy until he wasn't and then he was put out to pasture.

I don't think the Colts tanked for him I mean sure its a nice story but people seem to forget that Caldwell sucked as a Head Coach I'm sure as an OC/QB coach he was fine but he couldn't adjust as an HC and it was glaring.

I really think the Colts were that bad without a great QB to cover up a lot of the mistakes I mean in the playoffs we were always exposed..

Besides how are you going to get players who don't give a crap about the Colts future beyond their careers to go along with it? That's what keeps me from believing that urban legend.