Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preseason Game #2: Colts at Giants

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Preseason Game #2: Colts at Giants

Caesar Rayford will be making the 53 he was very good tonight and was last week.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:

That Luck-Hilton endzone connection was beautiful. Great throw and great catch. Luck put it in an absolutely perfect spot.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.colts.com/media-center/vi...b-0f7963753522 Look at Luck. Have you ever seen a QB built like that? Good Lord. His arms are huge. I still can't believe the physical traits this guy possesses... he moves so well for a guy his size, and to be able to throw the way he does with as much bulk as he has is astonishing. Throw in Peyton Manning's brain... I also still am in awe of his pre-snap cadence... his voice is serious stuff. Intimidating.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Not to mention he's incredibly humble and doesn't plaster his face on tv with weekly press conferences
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

I know that we have absolutely no idea how the rest of his career will play out, but all things being relatively its kind of crazy how much better Luck has looked than Peyton did at the same time in their careers. Luck is just so much more calm in the pocket than Peyton was as a young player.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I'm not sure Peyton has ever been "calm" per se in the pocket, he's always been a bit antsy, though that's gotten better over the years. I just have a feeling that Luck will be more like Brady in the postseason, more cool under pressure. He's a very interesting hybrid...he's got the brain of Peyton, the coolness of Brady, the strong body of Big Ben, and good feet and running like Rodgers. I think as long as we can continue to keep him upright and not limit him by over emphasizing the run, he's going to do very well because he just gets it.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Our passing game is so much better than our running game, it's probly gonna be a lot like the Manning years where the offense starts with the pass to open up the run. They keep emphasizing getting the run game going, and thus far, it's not worked. And they keep going back to Luck to get the ball moving, which he seems to do with ridiculous ease.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Btw, I thought our D was impressive last night. It was a bend-not-break D. We let them get into the red zone, but never let them punch it in for the score. Had to keep settling for FGs. I'm perfectly fine with that.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Our defense actually looked solid last night. Good sign!
    "We want Miami"

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our passing game is so much better than our running game, it's probly gonna be a lot like the Manning years where the offense starts with the pass to open up the run. They keep emphasizing getting the run game going, and thus far, it's not worked. And they keep going back to Luck to get the ball moving, which he seems to do with ridiculous ease.

If healthy, I think Bradshaw will do a lot for us. Unfortunately, we're likely going to be worrying about his health all season. But the guy did rush for 1015 yards last year.

Btw, I thought our D was impressive last night. It was a bend-not-break D. We let them get into the red zone, but never let them punch it in for the score. Had to keep settling for FGs. I'm perfectly fine with that.
    I agree, and one of those trips to the red zone was because of the pass interference call on that long throw by Eli to Cruz.

Luck is just so good. I'm still giddy that we were able to draft him.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

At the State Fair, I saw someone wearing a Manning Bronco jersey with a Colt hat. That combination clashed both aesthetically and metaphorically. People like that better pick their allegiance by October 20. Any Colts season ticket holder who shows up in ugly Bronco orange should have their tickets revoked immediately so that a true Colts fan can get them. I'm going to throw up if I hear any "Colts fans" on messages boards saying that they are happy for Peyton if the Broncos win that game. I want to win that game more than anything in front of a national audience, and I'm going to be upset if we don't.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    If healthy, I think Bradshaw will do a lot for us. Unfortunately, we're likely going to be worrying about his health all season. But the guy did rush for 1015 yards last year.
    The problem I saw last night was it appeared that our O-line was creating zero running opportunities for our backs... Ballard and Brown just had nowhere to go, often getting hit as soon as they were handed the ball, or getting hit way behind the line of scrimmage. I actually like our entire group of RBs... hell, having Donald Brown as a third option means you're in a pretty good spot. But if our line doesn't open up any holes, it won't matter at all, and we'll be leaning on Luck all season long (which... isn't an entirely unpleasant thought, haha).

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

The problem I saw last night was it appeared that our O-line was creating zero running opportunities for our backs... Ballard and Brown just had nowhere to go, often getting hit as soon as they were handed the ball, or getting hit way behind the line of scrimmage. I actually like our entire group of RBs... hell, having Donald Brown as a third option means you're in a pretty good spot. But if our line doesn't open up any holes, it won't matter at all, and we'll be leaning on Luck all season long (which... isn't an entirely unpleasant thought, haha).

True. The Giants in recent years have had a very solid veteran offensive line. That obviously helped Bradshaw immensely.

That being said, we saw that Ballard was able to shine at times last year. I'm crossing my fingers that the line will improve and that Bradshaw can stay healthy. I'm just worried that we're going to be hearing a lot of "not practicing this week, game time decision on Sunday".

At the State Fair, I saw someone wearing a Manning Bronco jersey with a Colt hat. That combination clashed both aesthetically and metaphorically.
    Did the hat have any dust on it from that person storing it away when the Colts cut Manning then taking it out again when Luck won 11 games?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Luck should have won ROY last year and it shouldn't have even been close. What he did last year with our O-line was amazing. He was running for his life on more plays than not.

I think using the WC offense, a lot of those screens and short passes can be considered "runs", which they alluded to last night. Either way, they help open things up for the long passing game, which thankfully we haven't abandoned. I feel like there will be more situations this year where we'll have more one-on-one coverage downfield thanks to our short game, which should open things up beautifully for TY.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

At the State Fair, I saw someone wearing a Manning Bronco jersey with a Colt hat. That combination clashed both aesthetically and metaphorically. People like that better pick their allegiance by October 20. Any Colts season ticket holder who shows up in ugly Bronco orange should have their tickets revoked immediately so that a true Colts fan can get them. I'm going to throw up if I hear any "Colts fans" on messages boards saying that they are happy for Peyton if the Broncos win that game. I want to win that game more than anything in front of a national audience, and I'm going to be upset if we don't.
    I am far from a fashonista but that Bronco orange is probably the most hideous uniform color in the NFL. It is literally construction worker orange, who thought that was a good idea? Seems a few shades lighter (ugh) than the old-school Bronco orange.

I am with you, I'm "on leave" from being a Manning fan until he retires. I'll feel good for him the day he walks away from the game but I wish the Broncos nothing at all in the meantime. Not that I want him to get hurt, I just don't think any better of him than anyone else not wearing Colts blue.
    Already stoked for 2013-2014.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Luck should have won ROY last year and it shouldn't have even been close. What he did last year with our O-line was amazing. He was running for his life on more plays than not.
    I wouldn't trade Luck for any QB right now he wasn't ROY. You don't make ROY for staying alive but for your QB rating. This year and next we will see his full potential.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    I wouldn't trade Luck for any QB right now he wasn't ROY. You don't make ROY for staying alive but for your QB rating. This year and next we will see his full potential.
    Last year's ROY was a popularity contest. RG3 had the cool-factor, the flashy smile, the electric speed. He is so damn cool. There's a LOT of flash with RG3. Luck is substance. Take all the cool crap out of the picture, there's no way RG3 stacks up with Luck --- on the field. There was nothing that suggested RG3 actually out-performed Luck last year. He made worse decisions with his body, played less actual time, threw way less, and had to make way less reads, and way less complicated reads behind a much better o-line and a true running back at his side. RG3 didn't have the mountain to overcome that Luck had; a rookie coach who had cancer all year; a new GM; replacing the Greatest QB of our Era; running a no-huddle, calling his own plays, making much more complicated reads and throws; a team of practice squad and off-the-street players and rookies comprising one of the smallest actual team salaries in the league. He ran a much riskier offense, with a much worse supporting cast. Luck is taking all the credit for his sacks last year, but no one here actually believes that, he's just doing lip service and taking one for the team. Our line was f'n terrible. He was chased and hit all year long. His pocket collapsed faster than you could blink. Luck still won more games, had more yards, more TDs. Because of the style of offense he was in, his completion % was lower and his INTs were higher. That's exactly what it came down to. Just like in their final year of college, RG3 woo'd everyone with his flash and charisma, and stole an award. RG3's not a bad player... but he's never going to be Luck *on the field*. It's just going to take a few years for the cream to rise and people can start to see past all the extra-curricular RG3 fluff. I'm way past the point of RG3-lash; if I have to see him vogue'ing on the sidelines, trying to look cute, making public appearances, daily media conferences, making cute wedding announcements, cruising the streets of DC like some darling prince, having media battles with his coach, seeing him needlessly sprinting and jumping for the crowd to show his recovery progress, high-fiving the entire stadium, doing his cute lil hand-flip after he throws a ball, his sock fetish, his hat collection --- I might puke. Too much cuteness. But right now, everyone is eating it up. I said it a year ago; the true QBs to come out of that draft were Luck, Wilson, Tannehill, and Cousins. I still have 100% belief in that. I look at what Wash gave up for him, knowing what they actually drafted in Cousins, thinking they could've kept all those picks and beefed up their entire team... I really feel bad for that franchise in a few years. Who knows, maybe RG3 will prove me wrong and have an extended, electric career... it's realllllyl hard for me to see that now.... I mostly foresee everyone getting over the cuteness within a few years, will get tired of hearing from him... will get tired of nagging injuries.... it's a career that has all the markings of a trail-off. But I could be wrong. It happens. Once every few years.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-20-2013 at 12:30 AM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

You got that right. The RG3 hype is just ridiculous. He's not even playing in the pre-season and the whole pregame tonight was nothing but RG3 stuff. I think the cameras followed him everywhere. Good thing he didn't go into the bathroom stall or something.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Exactly. Without your OL opening running lanes, it doesn't matter if you have the best RB in the league. Won't get you that far.

With that said, let me ***** about a certain guard still being in the team. Mr #75.... Yikes!
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

I agree with everything you say about Luck vs. RG3, KidMinny. To be fair though, Luck does have one of the greatest receivers of the era still playing at a high level. Being able to rely on Wayne last year was crucial to Luck's success, much like Manning was able to rely on Harrison. There were so many moments last season when Luck's mannerisms clearly said, "crap, where's Reggie?" I just hate that Wayne will be 35 this season. How awesome would it be if Wayne were 5 years younger? He is the ultimate professional. For a long time, I think he was underrated because people attributed his successes to Manning. Obviously having Peyton Manning throw you the ball for a decade helps your numbers, but Wayne is showing that his successes go far beyond Manning. The dude still managed 960 yards in 2011 with the likes of Collins, Painter, and Dan O. throwing him the skin. Then in 2012, he has one of the greatest seasons of his career with a rookie quarterback. This guy is just awesome.

This is Wayne's 13 season in Indy. Harrison and Manning both played 13 seasons with the Colts (though Manning was technically on the roster for 14 seasons). So Wayne will have a longer career in the horseshoe if he plays in 2014, as we all expect he will.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 08-20-2013 at 08:17 AM.

I'm going to disagree here, I think RG3 is a pretty darn good QB. I thought he ran his offense very well last year (sometimes to the detriment of his body, which is on him and Shanahan to clean up), and he made some pretty sharp and accurate throws. I do think he benefited tremendously from a great running game and a defense that gave him a lot better field of play than Luck (Wilson had that advantage as well). But in terms of skill and knowledge, I think RG3 is quite good. I think we get cynical because we're all sick of seeing him on TV (which don't get me wrong, pisses me off everyday).

That said, I'd take Luck over any of them 10 times out of 10. I think when it's all said and done, Luck will easily be the most accomplished QB. I love watching him play.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post: