Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

I hope the whole damn team is ashamed of themselves.

Really, I hope everyone involved in this game is ashamed, but at least northwestern tried.

at least we may get a 2nd game against IU in the NIT

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm no Painter fanboy, but you're putting a guy's career on one possession, literally
    No i'm not. Read the entire thread. I've been questioning Painter all year long. He's underachieved way too much. He hasnt even made it out of the Sweet 16. He has more talent then NU. We've won three in a row. NU is bad. No way we should lose this game. It should not of been in overtime. I've seen enough of Painter.

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    No i'm not. Read the entire thread. I've been questioning Painter all year long. He's underachieved way too much. He hasnt even made it out of the Sweet 16. He has more talent then NU. We've won three in a row. NU is bad. No way we should lose this game. It should not of been in overtime. I've seen enough of Painter.
    I've been plenty critical of Painter too, I'm sure you've read it in this thread, it's only a couple pages back. I'm just saying, you said if we lose this game he needs to go when it was a one possession game. I dunno, maybe I took it too literally.

I dont mean fire him tomorrow. I mean, it's time for a change next season. This team is going no where. Painter is now proven to be incredibly overrated. This loss is just inexcusable in my opinion. They had a chance to string four wins in a row in the Big 10 and get some real momentum going towards Wisconsin and they flushed it down the drain. It's time for a major change. The guy is a classic underachiever. There is no excuse for him anymore. He has to go.

I'm legitimately open to a coaching change, have been for awhile. But if we can't get Cuonzo I think we could easily be standing on the brown side of the fence in a grass is always greener scenario.

Regardless, it's really not worth talking about, after the Mizzou thing Painter got extended through 18/19. It's just not gonna happen.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I actually think this team is going somewhere, Painters biggest problem to me is that he has not been able to get the recruits to run the type of system he wanted, now he is getting some of those guys, but they are still young, I think this team could do some real damage in the next few years.

Honestly I may be a little different than most people, but I do not like the way that Terone fits into our team, he is a hard nosed player that can score at times, but he is not really a 1 and is not really a 2, but he is basically our go to guy which really sucks, I would much rather have Ronnie, or Bryson running the point, Stephens at the 2, Basil at the 3, Jay at the 4 and Hammons at the 5 next year, I think that line up would be pretty strong starting 5, if they all stayed around an extra year after I think they would definitely get out of the sweet 16.
    Why so SERIOUS

You think Painter can get that team out of the sweet 16, but he couldn't get Kramer, Hummel, JJ and Moore out of the Sweet 16? I know Hummel had injury issues, but Kramer, JJ and Moore are all better than anything we have on this current team.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    some nut apparently killed a TA in the EE building. seems targeted and specific. ...thankfully? man I feel evil saying that.
    My son is a senior EE at Purdue. The Star has both students pictured involved. No motive known yet. Not that it matters except two families are devastated today.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Brees first pick in Pro Bowl (by Jerry Rice)
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...s-robert-quinn

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    He also never demands the ball. Great post players demand the ball. I rarely see Hammonds post and seal the call for the ball like he really wants it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    You think Painter can get that team out of the sweet 16, but he couldn't get Kramer, Hummel, JJ and Moore out of the Sweet 16? I know Hummel had injury issues, but Kramer, JJ and Moore are all better than anything we have on this current team.
    Not this season, but as a team this group could get out of the sweet 16 in the future. Also I think there was a chance we would have made it out of the sweet 16 if Hummel was not hurt, that injury caused the season to turn around.

As far as potential I think Hammons has more than JJ, Sampson also has more potential that JJ, will he get there I am not sure, Etwaun was good, but I think Stephens can be good, maybe not as much of a complete game, but Basil will not be anywhere close to Hummel, or either PG close to Kramer on the defensive end, but I think Scott can compare on the offensive end physical demeanor. But I think this group when developed can really complement each other, we just need either Basil or one of the PG's to get more of a consistent 3 point shot and we should be pretty solid.

I also think the Bench should be pretty solid.
    Why so SERIOUS

Nice article about Gene Keady/Steve Lavin
    http://www.jconline.com/article/2014...rdue-St-John-s

Mood

Oh yeah, and to add to my last comment, Painters upcoming recruiting class is solid, just saw that Haas changed his mind and is planning on coming to Purdue, huge get...
    we are bringing in decent size again, and Dakota can really shoot the ball. I would like to give Painter atleast 2 more years, if he can't get it done then yeah I think he needs to go
    Why so SERIOUS

Stephens is such a chucker...I can't recall anyone who was ever this bad with shot selection..

edit: On Purdue I mean. I've played pickup with dudes who were worse.
    Last edited by dal9; 01-25-2014 at 06:48 PM.

NIT might not even be an option at this point. This team is just poorly coached. There's really no other way to describe them. They dont know the basics at all. They play everage defense. Cant make passes in the post. Dont block out much. Just a poorly coached team.

Mood

Can I add, that one thing I don't like about Painter is the way he distributes minutes... guys sometimes can't even get into the flow of the game before they are right back on the bench, we need to have a group of starters and a group of reserves, too much flux might really end up hurting us.
    Why so SERIOUS

Well. I feel like this is Purdues last chance. They have to beat Michigan and go on serious run, or they have to win the Big 10 tournament.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

13-7 with 11 games left.

I think it will be 16-15 in the end.

No Simpson, Toyra getting burn, "message" game from Painter I guess. We're hanging around at least, sorta. Michigan going on a run now though.

I don't know why I always bother to watch this. I need to get a wintertime hobby. Snowshoeing. Read a good book.

What if Hammons goes pro and Simpson transfers? Who plays 5 next year? Haas and who else? Does Bade still have eligibility?

Oh man Hammons made a dunkshot!
    edit: another dunkshot!

I'd like Painter a lot more at $1.2 M than at $2M/year. Why couldn't Burke go to him and say, take your pre-Mizzou salary or you are out on your ***? If you're Painter, you'd have to take it, no?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    I don't know why I always bother to watch this. I need to get a wintertime hobby. Snowshoeing. Read a good book.
    I recommend Seth Davis's book on John Wooden pretty damn entertaining lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    I'd like Painter a lot more at $1.2 M than at $2M/year. Why couldn't Burke go to him and say, take your pre-Mizzou salary or you are out on your ***? If you're Painter, you'd have to take it, no?
    why do you care what Painter makes?? How does that 800k affect you one bit?

No Painter has a contract he doesn't have to take anything less than what he has earned.

^ cuz for $2M we can do a lot better?

Counzo Martin at UT makes $1.2M and I don't see 'Zo as a step down from Painter.