Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 744

Thread: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

  1. #576
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,028

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brenton Scott, Bryson's twin that plays for ISU, got arrested in the Haute for OWI and weed charges. He tried to tell the cops he was Bryson because he already had a suspended license. Sounds like an awesome brother.
    Was just about to post that. I'm sure as a 19 year old you kind of freak out and aren't thinking, but that's still a total dick move.

  2. #577
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Simpson's hoops career is over, heart ailment. Damn man.

  3. #578
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    he's still got his scholarship if he wants it, so there's that at least

  4. #579
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simpson's hoops career is over, heart ailment. Damn man.
    That's what I was afraid of. With this, you've got to be happy that they caught it in time to save your life.

  5. #580
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was just about to post that. I'm sure as a 19 year old you kind of freak out and aren't thinking, but that's still a total dick move.
    Is the twin any better at shooting? Can we bring him in for a look?

  6. #581
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    KK Houser got some garbage minutes for Senior Night. That's both awesome and kinda scary.
    explain.

  7. #582
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what I was afraid of. With this, you've got to be happy that they caught it in time to save your life.
    Big time. Same thing that killed Hank Gathers, Reggie Lewis, and Jason Collier. Not gonna act like I know anything about it but seems like you don't usually get a warning sign, it just...kills you.

  8. #583
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    explain.
    Awesome that she got some Senior Night burn, but scary that she was out there playing, don't want to do further damage. She's still got a career ahead of her if she wants it.

  9. #584
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Awesome that she got some Senior Night burn, but scary that she was out there playing, don't want to do further damage. She's still got a career ahead of her if she wants it.
    oh ok, i had do google it up, didnt realize she tore an acl

    Hows this for a recruiting pitch?

    Purdue Sports: You'll probably tear your ACL at some point, but we'll let you play anyway!

    (Marve too)

  10. #585
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,028

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Simpson's hoops career is over, heart ailment. Damn man.
    This is terrible.

  11. #586
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Stick a fork in em. Wonder how many of these guys are gonna be gone next year. Most of em don't even act like they like each other.

  12. #587
    Certified Fresh funnyguy1105's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    25
    Posts
    147
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    This Purdue team has some of the most uninspiring play I've seen... Not interesting to watch at all.

  13. #588
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    I wish we were good and he wasn't crap at his job cuz I love Shoop. Dude's a damn maniac.


  14. #589
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,853
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Bitter sweet seeing Ryan Cline getting interst from Purdue. Belmont did such a good job of scouting him. I was hoping to watch him at Belmont. But watching him the past few years he was so under recruited. He is the best shooter I have watched. Yes standing still I eill take his stroke over Blackmon. I expect him to end up at a big time college. Great player. I would have already offered him if I was at Purdue IU and Butler.

  15. #590
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is the best shooter I have watched. Yes standing still I will take his stroke over Blackmon.
    That's what she said.

    But what are we recruiting for, a H-O-R-S-E team?

    Way I see it, strokes go in to too categories a) messed-up and b) good enough. Hell, Ronnie's stroke looks fine, the problem is that his shot never goes in. Reggie's stroke was ugly as hell.

    Other website says he shot 42% from 3 last year. Terone shot 43% in high school. Anthony Johnson shot higher than that. If he's gonna be a one dimensional shooter, he better be a a) a better shooter than that and b) taller.

    Maybe every other team missed on him and you're right, but odds are, he is a mid-major guy. Also, if we are not careful, we're gonna have too many 1-3s and not enough 4/5s again.

  16. #591
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    The other thing is, why trust Painter's evaluation of diamonds in the rough? Who was the last player to out perform his star rating? Kramer? Anyone else? Byrd was a four-star for god's sake. Tacos was 3 or 4 stars.

    Meanwhile Bruce Weber picks up a 3 star SG with only two other major offers, and he's a top ten freshman in the country this year. I get that some of this is luck, but at some point, it's on the coach and his talent evaluation

  17. #592
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,853
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's what she said.

    But what are we recruiting for, a H-O-R-S-E team?

    Way I see it, strokes go in to too categories a) messed-up and b) good enough. Hell, Ronnie's stroke looks fine, the problem is that his shot never goes in. Reggie's stroke was ugly as hell.

    Other website says he shot 42% from 3 last year. Terone shot 43% in high school. Anthony Johnson shot higher than that. If he's gonna be a one dimensional shooter, he better be a a) a better shooter than that and b) taller.

    Maybe every other team missed on him and you're right, but odds are, he is a mid-major guy. Also, if we are not careful, we're gonna have too many 1-3s and not enough 4/5s again.
    He is a legit 6'4 probably closer to 6'5. I watched him drop 33 on Warren a few weeks back. He can attack the rack and finish with both hands. He actually has played pg all year and his play making is so much better this year compared to last. I really don't see him having an issue at a high level as a off ball SG who really knows how to play. His release is lighting quick. It will translate.

    Purdue and butler didnt get interested until recently. He grew 3i
    3-4 inches from last year
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-07-2014 at 06:59 PM.

  18. #593
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,853
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Painter is at Nobsleville tonight. Watching Carmel and HSE. I would guess he is more interested in Gunn from HSE. but watching Cline as well is a good night of scouting for Painter.

  19. #594
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    I know it's an early game and all but it's freakin senior day and other than Carroll everybody's just going through the motions, the crowd included. Don't even take the CBI invite, just end the season, these guys don't want to play so don't let them.

  20. #595
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Painter is at Nobsleville tonight. Watching Carmel and HSE. I would guess he is more interested in Gunn from HSE. but watching Cline as well is a good night of scouting for Painter.
    Clearly was not a good night of drawing up a game plan.

    Btw, my favorite talking point about this whole fiasco is "Mitch Daniels is not going to stand for this!"

  21. #596
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,052
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Yeah so I am really expecting Painter to get fired after the season is over... wanted to give him one more, but not sure he gets it.
    Why so SERIOUS

  22. #597
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    I have zero doubt he gets another year. But if there's no tourney next year he's gone, has to be.

  23. #598
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    ^^ there is no way.

    ^ doubt it. not that i disagree that he should be gone if next year is like this year, but he won't be. too many excuses. the big contract is too recent.

  24. #599
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,342

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    http://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1618155

    "It's my fault. It's my job to get these guys to play together, it's my job to get these guys to play smart, and we don't do those things," said Painter, whose injury-ravaged and generally overmatched first Purdue team in 2005-06 finished last in the league. "So that's my fault. When you start off, people will always give you a break. But when you're somewhere for nine years, they shouldn't. They absolutely shouldn't, because it's my fault we're in this position, because I haven't gotten them to understand playing together and that being contagious, just moving the basketball, sharing the basketball and having that not only help your offensive game, but your defensive game.

    "And that's my fault. This isn't a school district. I recruited these guys."
    At least he owns it. I guess.

  25. #600
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,052
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Purdue 2013-14 athletics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah he did recruit these guys and they have potential but when I watch them on offense they look a lot like a HS team at times, it is pretty bad, they have no identity at all.
    Why so SERIOUS

Similar Threads

  1. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 1756
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 09:26 PM
  2. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  3. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 3263
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM
  4. Purdue 2011-2012 Athletics thread
    By ECKrueger in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 691
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 08:40 PM
  5. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •