Thread: Tom Brady leaves practice, looking at knee

Default Tom Brady leaves practice, looking at knee

I wonder how long it will take before someone blames Gisele for this... or the start of Tebow Time...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...oking-at-knee/

Tom Brady leaves practice, looking at knee

Posted by Darin Gantt on August 14, 2013, 3:32 PM EDT

AP
    Every heart in New England just skipped a beat.

According to multiple reports, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady just felt something in his left knee in practice, and then left the field after consulting with coach Bill Belichick.

During their joint practice with the Buccaneers, Brady grabbed his left knee, limped off, but then rejoined practice a play later. But that didnít last long, and he ended up heading out again with a trainer.

The left is the same knee as the torn ACL that ended his 2008 season.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tom Brady leaves practice, looking at knee

Uh oh.....
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo

He's reportedly back out there for the first snap of practice the next day.

Practice? Yes, we're talkin' 'bout PRACTICE.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I'm trying to find some sympathy.

Nope ........ ain't there.

v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You're welcome.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

I'm not a Patriot fan for obvious Colt fan reasons, but good for Brady if he's ok. Still just a football game though our obsession can be pretty bad sometimes.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Tim Tebow as a QB is a homeless man's Curtis Painter. Seriously, he is.

It is very very hard to have a passer rating of 0.0 in an entire half as an NFL QB

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330816017
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 08-16-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Sad, but true. Painter was horrendous, but he still at least completed over 50% of his passes in 2011. Tebow OTOH has completed just over 25% of his passes this preseason.

There have always been flukes in sports, and Tebow winning games in 2011 was a complete fluke. The guy has no skills that can translate to being a successful quarterback/passer in the NFL and he never will. Yeah he got lucky and won a playoff game in his first try, but that means nothing right now. Mark Sanchez's team once beat Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in back to back playoff games on the road, but the guy is still a crappy quarterback (though his skills look like Drew Brees in comparison to Tebow). If Tebow looks like crap while playing for the Hoodie, then there's no place in the league where he can shine. Hopefully the Tebow hype goes away for good.

It is very very hard to have a passer rating of 0.0 in an entire half as an NFL QB

Its sad to agree with you but I do.....

That being said I figure he'll be cut soon

Danny Amendola should be a fantasy stud this year.

Yeah - I think the Tebow experiment should pretty much be over.

*Obligatory post from Arkansas fan reminding people that Ryan Mallet, not Tebow, is the Pats back up.*

and Mallett looked pretty good, 12-20, despite being hurt by some dropped passes and penalties, 137 yards in one quarter. Brady & Mallett had 244 yards passing in one half, Tebow -1 yard passing in the other!

The Hoodie has done NFL fans a major favor by bringing Tebow in and putting his suckiness on national display. Last year, the Tebow fanboys whined that the Jets' incompetence was preventing Tebow from unleashing his skills on the rest of the league. But it's going to be hard for them to complain now when one of the greatest coaches in NFL history is throwing him out there for an entire half of a preseason game. That's plenty of opportunity to show something. Of course, now the Tebow honks will probably complain that Brady's offense is just too difficult and complicated for Tebow because Brady's offense has the little pesky requirement that you must be able to accurately throw the football. If only the NFL quarterback position didn't involve throwing the football. Then Tebow could be really really good.

Sports Logo

I don't know what's worse, the Tebow fanboys or the Tebow haters. The guy's a nonentity, who cares? Ignore all the crap ESPN says about him.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't know what's worse, the Tebow fanboys or the Tebow haters. The guy's a nonentity, who cares? Ignore all the crap ESPN says about him.
    Well it goes beyond ESPN but overall I agree however I don't see an issue with criticizing him for his QB skills (or in his case lack of) I cringe though when they start bringing his beliefs into it because I find that rather irrelevant to whether he's a good QB or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's hard to ignore because I generally like the rest of ESPN's NFL coverage. Unlike their NBA coverage, they don't just focus on four teams. But the Tebow hype is nauseating. The blame goes to he who threw the first punch, and there would be nothing to hate if it weren't for the hype. We could go in circles forever because one could say that the people who complain about people complaining about Tebow are also annoying. At the end of the day, all of this can be traced to the fact that a scrub got unnecessary hype, and that's where the blame should lay. So yes, I'm enjoying watching Tebow put up a 0 passer rating. I want his suckiness to become unarguable fact so that this sideshow goes away for good.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 08-18-2013 at 10:44 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Last year a Bears fan tried to convince me that Tebow is more "clutch" than Peyton Manning because he won his first playoff game. Of course, the Bears have had so many ****** QB's over the years that Tebow probably would have been a rockstar in Chicago too.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    Last year a Bears fan tried to convince me that Tebow is more "clutch" than Peyton Manning because he won his first playoff game. Of course, the Bears have had so many ****** QB's over the years that Tebow probably would have been a rockstar in Chicago too.
    lol

It's fine to use the playoffs to compare Tom Brady and Peyton Manning because they are in the same class of quarterback. They have nearly identical success in the regular season, so using the playoffs to tilt the scales is obviously a very fair thing to do. But using the playoffs (or one playoff game in Tebow's case) to compare a scrub to an all time great is obvious lunacy.

Tim Tebow won his first playoff game ever in his first season of starting games. He beat a Steeler team that was the defending AFC Champion, a team that also won two Super Bowls in recent years.

Mark Sanchez in his second season eliminated Peyton Manning and Tom Brady on the road in back to back playoff games. He started his career by making back to back AFC Championship games and actually played pretty well in the playoffs in both of those years. If you knew nothing else about Sanchez, those facts would make it seem like he was an elite quarterback.

Peyton Manning didn't win a playoff game until his sixth season in the league.

Sanchez and Tebow had early playoff successes while Manning stumbled in the postseason early in his career. But Sanchez and Tebow are awful quarterbacks, while Manning is an all time great. This is why playoffs don't always paint the entire picture. The early playoff successes of Tebow and Sanchez mean absolutely nothing right now. IMO, Tebow will never start another game at quarterback, while the Jets are practically begging Geno Smith to outplay Sanchez so they can bench him. The Sanchez contract has to be one of the worst contracts ever. Of course, it shouldn't be surprising that their "let's overpay our crappy quarterback since his little feelings got hurt when we sent out flyers to Peyton Manning" strategy failed miserably. Typical Jets move.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 08-19-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Danny Amendola should be a fantasy stud this year.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post: