Thread: NBA 2K14/Live 14 Update Thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2K14/Live 14 Update Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Current gen features announced:

http://2kgam.es/NBA2K14CGFeatures

Hopefully this transition between generations is better than the last one 8 years ago; I recall the first year of next-gen NBA games being pretty bare-boned back around '05.
    Doesn't look good already announced crew and my team wont be on the next gen version of the game.

I honestly hope they are just waiting for the insights to announce the integration of euroleague in my player and franchise. I can't see them obtaining the licence just for quick games. I don't see that moving the needle for many fans. But allowing to make a 17 year old player and play in euroleague for a few seasons until being draft eligible would move the needle IMO.

It moves the needle in Europe. That's the Only reason EA bothered to have the national teams.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Highlight Features:

Crews - The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only) Never played Crew, but they said they've now fixed it where there won't be 7'8"pgs and 20ft players, I might give this a try
    Euroleague - Exclusive to NBA 2K14 - play with 14 of the top European teams, featuring authentic uniforms and players. Meh, it's something
    Dynamic Living Rosters® powered by Stats, Inc. - Player attributes and tendencies automatically update daily to reflect true life hot and cold streaks. Now, each game played in the NBA can have an effect on your game. They say this every year, and they take forever updating players. Remember when Lance was starter for most of the year, well they only updated his stats just before the playoffs. They update like 6 players a week. Not trusting this.
    King James Soundtrack - Featuring artists and tracks hand-picked by LeBron James, including JAY Z, Eminem, The Black Keys, Daft Punk, and many more.I've seen the list, and it looks good. JayZ's music was *****ing terrible
    MyTEAM - Back and better than ever, with new player modes, multi and single player tournaments, and much more. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)

Key Gameplay Features:

Pro Stick™ – Throw down show-stopping moves, pull off intricate shots, and toss flashy no-look passes with deadly accuracy with Pro Stick control. Easily the most intuitive basketball controls ever implemented.
    2K Smart Play Button –Quickly call the most suitable play for the context of the game by simply holding a single button.
    Improved Player Motion System – With an all new motion system, player movement is much smoother on both ends of the floor, while also allowing for much more explosive cuts and tighter control.
    Depth of Content – With significant upgrades in nearly every aspect of the game, both on and off the court, NBA 2K14 boasts more animation content than any previous basketball title, and includes more than 3000 new animations. More canned animations. Looks like Live could best 2K here with their like Ball Tek, where the ball is separate from the hand. 2K needs to get on this. No one likes canned animations that suck you in whether you want to or not

General Gameplay Improvements:

Signature Skills – Six new Signature Skills, ensuring each NBA player’s unique abilities are represented in the most authentic way possible. Seriously, this again? These did absolutely nothing in the first. Just for show people.
    Playbook and Play System enhancements – The deepest and most authentic playbook gets even deeper. Execute new half-court sets, experience improved spacing logic, and run updated team specific plays.
    More Signature Styles - New jump shots, dunk and layup packages, dribble moves, free throws, pre-game intros, getbacks, celebrations and more. Sounds good.

Offensive Control Improvements:

Shot System Upgrades – More realistic footwork on jump shots, improved awareness in shot selection, and a variety of new shot types. Whether you use the new intuitive Pro Stick™ or the enhanced Smart Shot Button, attacking the rim is now more exciting than ever.
    Dribbling Advancements - Upgraded dribble movement and new branching technology give you much greater 1-to-1 control over the ball handler.
    Enhanced Passing – More accurate pass targeting, new give and go mechanics, better handoffs, and an entire arsenal of new flashy passes. Could passing actually be fixed after 3 years of horridness?

Defensive Improvements:

Learning Defensive A.I. – Test your skills even further with new defensive AI that sees where the offense is being successful and adjusts strategy to take those advantages away. Sounds nice, but I'm on a wait and see approach. AI has been psychic for awhile now, while teammate AI has been dreadful. I guess Offensive AI will remain dreadful since they didn't say anything about it.
    Block Improvements – The block system has been completely revamped for NBA 2K14 with improved ball targeting and awareness, more realistic physics, and more responsive control. All new player collisions, the ability to block dunks, and more appropriate shot contests make playing defense much more fun and rewarding.Only took 2 freaking years...only cause I can't remember if this was broken in 2K11. hahaha
    All New Ball Denial - No more getting stuck during off ball bumps and ball denial, allowing for complete freedom of control over your players away from the ball. You telling me I won't be held when trying to cross over the middle? Cause we all know a foul is rarely ever called for anything. Would be nice if this actually gets fixed
    Enhanced dribbler vs. on-ball defender contact - Defenders can now initiate steals, hard bumps, and charges out of defensive rides, making locking up players on defense a much more engaging experience.Again, sounds nice, wait and see approach
    Expanded Defensive Commands – New commands using the right stick: including contesting shots, contesting passes, and denying or pressuring the ball.
    I noticed nothing about fixing the broken double teams that anyone and their mother can easily get passed.

Notes in RED
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Nothing On the biggest issue rebounding. I am seriously considering passing on this game.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Nothing On the biggest issue rebounding. I am seriously considering passing on this game.
    I noticed that too. I really want to get a new basketball game, cause the Pacers should be awesome, but I might just pass as well. Definitely will be waiting for the reviews and see what gamers say before I buy this time.

Now really free Lance!

I just want my AI teammates to stop ****ing me on passes. When they are standing in the perfect spot to catch and shoot, they run into traffic after you have hit the button so that a defender is in perfect position to steal the damn thing. Conversely, when their man is playing them too tight offball, and there is a perfect opportunity to pass to them as they cut to the hoop for a layup, they refused to cut.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I just want my AI teammates to stop ****ing me on passes. When they are standing in the perfect spot to catch and shoot, they run into traffic after you have hit the button so that a defender is in perfect position to steal the damn thing. Conversely, when their man is playing them too tight offball, and there is a perfect opportunity to pass to them as they cut to the hoop for a layup, they refused to cut.
    Yeah I am not paying Kyle Korver to try and run an alley oop attempt.

An early warning form a beta tester...apparently the new "flashy passing" addition to 2K14 is nearly 100% accurate with any player regardless of rating or fatigue, at any distance. Basically, a backup center sucking gatorade will be able to hit a guard in stride under the rim from halfcourt with a pinpoint no-look pass.

Hopefully they will deal with this.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Hopefully they fix the online association, terrible limitations on what the commissioner can do and also the terrible trade waiting period, and arbitration.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThA HoyA For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post

An early warning form a beta tester...apparently the new "flashy passing" addition to 2K14 is nearly 100% accurate with any player regardless of rating or fatigue, at any distance. Basically, a backup center sucking gatorade will be able to hit a guard in stride under the rim from halfcourt with a pinpoint no-look pass.

Hopefully they will deal with this.
    I really like the concept. I having been asking for flashy pass since 2k9 (they took out the animation from 2k8). I do agree with him though. So few guys have the skill it should be a sig skill all the way. I mean even some of the elite pg's don't throw flashy passes it just isn't there game. I just hope they have the Magic Johnson fast break animation for my my player. The behind the back fake one way pass the other). I like that they added this though, but it will probably take a few years to get right sadly. Now fix rebounding.

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    Hopefully they fix the online association, terrible limitations on what the commissioner can do and also the terrible trade waiting period, and arbitration.
    Trading is terrible. I'll offer very fair trades and they 98% of the time the other team rejects it. Then they offer crap for all my best players. Just irritates me. Need more realism/logic. Like teams with high salaries taking less in deals to shed salary. Or teams in the bottom be willing to part with a good but expensive player for a decent young player plus picks. Stuff like that.

Or a team willing to trade a player for almost anything to unload an unhappy player. Hey, it happens. Should be able to see how players feel on their current team. Are they happy, angry, etc. The direction of management. Are they leaning toward rebuilding, or are looking for that last piece to put them in playoff contention. So if I'm rebuilding, I'm more likely to get a trade done by matching up with other teams.

Now really free Lance!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

This just in...crew mode is a shell of what it was.

Just bad news on top of bad news for 2K14....this sounds like it will be a mailed-in version of 2K13 with crew thrown in at the last second because they couldn't come up with any better ideas.

I'm very interested to see if Live 14 can take advantage of this slippage.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/08/19...ns-of-the-mode
    For two years fans of Crew mode have hounded 2K Sports with their desire for it to return. The company announced it was coming back last week but why hasn’t that calmed the waters and brought that vocal group back on board?

Those fans will tell you it’s not actually Crew mode.

Crew was featured in NBA 2K10 and 2K11 as an online mode utilizing created players to band with others and take on opposing teams. They were complete five minute quarter games held in arenas with all the rules of an NBA contest.

Crews for NBA 2K14 however looks to take place in the blacktop environment which has created concern. Not only is the atmosphere different than in an arena thanks to the crowd but the gameplay on the blacktop is more arcade-like, games are played just to 21, commentary is stripped out, street clothes are worn instead of jerseys, and there are no refs with fouls either not called or far more rare than in a standard game.

In fact, until a few weeks ago, Crews was only going to be 3-on-3 which won’t instill much confidence that the mode has been designed with fan requests in mind. Stunningly recent invitees to play the game were told Crews was put together in just two days. It’s not as though the company didn’t recognize what the fans of the mode wanted and expected. They desired the Crew mode they had before. It shouldn’t be a surprise then that they aren’t happy.

2K Sports’ M.O. has always been to simply not comment on something that was likely to be deemed negative. Instead they choose not to clarify and leave consumers to speculate only to find out for certain once it is too late to affect their purchase. The track record is there even when looking specifically at Crew. All inquiries were ignored leading up to the release of NBA 2K12, where the mode was removed, and even after release they would not respond to media or fan requests for comment on the matter.

Given that it is safe to assume the worst here until shown otherwise…that Crews in 2K14 is essentially just blacktop mode that can expand to 5-on-5 and features leaderboards. It practically has been confirmed, without explicitly saying so, by not denying what has prompted the continued backlash.

The other point of contention is that Crews won’t be in the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version. This was actually the first thing that prompted disappointment. 2K could always have something up their sleeve similar in nature but with a different name. If that’s the case it may actually be a good thing because the Crew mode being offered in current-gen hasn’t had the intended effect anticipated by the company.

Just bad news on top of bad news for 2K14....this sounds like it will be a mailed-in version of 2K13 with crew thrown in at the last second because they couldn't come up with any better ideas.

I really hope they fix the passing module. I would really enjoy game more if on Myteam it was actually an advantage to have a Chris Paul or Ricky Rubio instead of just getting a Lebron or iggy to run it because it really doesn't matter

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Live has slightly more important priorities at the moment, like actually making it to store shelves this fall....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

I have read 2k have had more people working on the next gen version. I am hopeful they spent all the time making the next gen version great. Because live isnt coming out for 360 maybe 2k figured just to screw it for 360. I will wait until I hear game modes and features of next gen to make a judgement.

Euroleague trailer is depressing...if you cared about euroleague.

Generic everything with euroleague uniforms/designs slapped on. Generic NBA-sized arenas. Announcers don't even mention the teams by name ("that team," "his team,' etc.). Pretty much what you could get out of a user-created team.

This is pretty clearly nothing more than an attempt at cashing in on the european market (EA's stronghold).

Last edited by Kstat; 08-21-2013 at 08:07 PM.

Really nice update about some fixes going to happen.

Now really free Lance!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

New game mode for NBA Live 'Rising Star'

Not a lot of details, but should compete against 2K14's MyPlayer

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Really nice update about some fixes going to happen.
    1) I so hope he's right.

2) Sadly, every year seems to being about new cheese, so I'm concerned about that. Sounds like that fancy pass stuff is one probable source.

Mood

"Both current gen and next-gen will be unique, distinct, and independent from each other."

http://dimemag.com/2013/08/nba-2k14-...efensive-ai/1/

That is what I was hoping to hear. Also hearing about adjusting defensive AI is exciting if it's true.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-23-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Of course, they may be unique, distinct, and independent because the next gen title won't have nearly as many features, too, if it's like the transition from Xbox to 360 / PS2 to PS3 was in 2005/2006.

Hopefully they get the transition right this time around.

Wait, that article says MyTeam is now 360 only along with crew? What BS! I actually like MyTeam. LAME

It just seems so damned counter-intuitive to me. The new generation should have MORE features, not LESS features. Ugh. I have to at least wonder or suspect if this was a marketing decision to get some people to still buy it on 360.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wait, that article says MyTeam is now 360 only along with crew? What BS! I actually like MyTeam. LAME

It just seems so damned counter-intuitive to me. The new generation should have MORE features, not LESS features. Ugh. I have to at least wonder or suspect if this was a marketing decision to get some people to still buy it on 360.
    Thats your standard first year on the new gen title for you. Rush it so it gets out the door and focus on the next year's version where you readd everything.

See: Madden 2006 (Xb360), Madden 2007 (on PS3)

See Also: Madden 96 on PS1. Oh wait.... (Ironically, look who developed that title for EA and what they later became )
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Thats your standard first year on the new gen title for you. Rush it so it gets out the door and focus on the next year's version where you readd everything.

See: Madden 2006 (Xb360), Madden 2007 (on PS3)

See Also: Madden 96 on PS1. Oh wait.... (Ironically, look who developed that title for EA and what they later became )
    That's probably why Live is next gen only. I bet they feel if they win on the next gen, then everyone will see them as the clear winner. Smart strategy, and really banking on the short term memories of Americans.

Now really free Lance!

There are things I despise about 2K, but at the same time I love all of the stuff it does well, and I have a very hard time imagining I will fall in love with the resurrected Live series as I didn't particularly like the series the last several years it existed, and even the good years are now primitive in comparison to modern 2K games.

I suppose it's possible, but the video I've seen so far didn't strike me as particularly new or different other than the fact the graphics were prettier.

I realize that they are touting this new physics with the ball being independent of the players, and perhaps that will be fantastic. It's just that I think when you try something that new and different, particularly when it centers around physics, that usually ends up being more trouble than it ends up being good.