Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA 2K14/Live 14 Update Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA 2K14/Live 14 Update Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's probably why Live is next gen only. I bet they feel if they win on the next gen, then everyone will see them as the clear winner. Smart strategy, and really banking on the short term memories of Americans.
    It's also a big gamble for a franchise that has had two botched titles in three years.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

PG is an 88 in 2K14. About what I expected.

With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

J7F

I think I saw that Roy is an 81.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I think I saw that Roy is an 81.
    If they are keeping Brook Lopez at an 81, it kinda makes sense. If Hibbert plays like he did toward the end of the season and playoffs, he'll get a boost for sure.

Most interested to see where David, Danny and lance rank up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Most interested to see where David, Danny and lance rank up there.
    For me, it'll be Lance and Hill. Hill doesn't get much respect. He's not great at any one thing, but he's above average in a lot of areas. As for Lance, he finally got a nice boost just before the playoffs, but 2K is stingy with those Sig Skills. Lance better have a couple Sig Skills. The Coast to Coast one that is new, that is totally Lance and Lance should have ankle breaker and space creator...probably dimer too. Dude is a gifted passer.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    But allowing to make a 17 year old player and play in euroleague for a few seasons until being draft eligible would move the needle IMO.
    That would move the needle with me as well
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Reviews are coming through for 2K14.

IGN: 9.3
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/26/nba-2k14-review

Bleacher Report: 9.2
    Gamespot: 8
    Metacritic: 88 out 100

I'm a bit upset that the most played mode My Player is largely untouched. Boo!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Liking 2K14. They removed a lot of exploits.

Some observations:

1. The dribble modifier is gone. The left trigger is now the pass modifier. Going to take some getting used to.

2. Players move much, much more fluidly. It's easier to go by someone, but it's also easier to lose you handle on the ball (especially if you're a big man).

3. Recklessly mashing the steal and block buttons is no longer a substitute for good defense. A missed steal will lure you out of position, and every time you leave your feet to block a shot and you land on a player, it will be a foul regardless of whether or not he attempts a shot.

4. The CPU is much, much better deflecting passes in the lane, but at the same time it does not hug the perimeter like last year. Dunks are much harder to come by against the CPU, threes much easier.

5. They finally fixed the atmosphere. Much, much livelier and responsive crowd. They get excited and get on their feet when they're supposed to.

6. Shot releases are much more forgiving. Instead of the four boxes, you're simply given a late/early/perfect grade on your release and a letter grade on shot selection. They've dialed back many of the late releases, so they don't vary as much on timing.

7. So much easier to block shots at the rim. Shot blockers can go up and get a floater or layup at its peak rather than right out of a shooter's hand or from behind. And again, dunks are very blockable.

8. The Euroleague feature is an empty husk. That said, it does provide you access to dozens of familiar NBA has-beens and never-was guys, if you feel so inclined to bring them back over. PS, Cabbage is on FC Barcelona
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-02-2013 at 05:48 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I like the additions to the game but threes are way too easy to come by OB this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    1. The dribble modifier is gone. The left trigger is now the pass modifier. Going to take some getting used to.

8. The Euroleague feature is an empty husk. That said, it does provide you access to dozens of familiar NBA has-beens and never-was guys, if you feel so inclined to bring them back over. PS, Cabbage is on FC Barcelona
    Seems good to me, although I'm not a power user. Played a couple of games and accidentally passed out of a lot of layups using the left trigger.

Brought in Berlin for an exhibition game. Lance had the play of the game on a break over a hapless defender.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

2K14 is definitely harder. Having a hard time driving by people, but I've only played the Rookie Showcase, so I figure it's just my guy is too low a level. Like that some of the exploits are gone.

Is no one else having a lag issue in jumping or trying to steal? I'll press a button and it seems to take a while to see my guy jump or go for the steal.

Just played my first pickup game. I am in awe.

This is the team-up mode I've always wanted. Punishes one-on-one play, rewards teamwork and passing.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I will give a "F" grade for "Realism" in the game if Cabbage is able to dribble the ball up court without turning the ball over while being pressured on the defensive end.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

After 5 attempts, I finally got drafted by the Pacers. Woot! Pacers new pg is here to stay!

I was adding some points to My Player and noticed my top speed right now is 92, max 3 is 90, mid range max is 75, etc. What's up with that? Is this to keep people from maxing guys out so fast or did they limit our players more than ever?

I'm a 6'4" pg listed at 199lbs. My weight doesn't affect some stats does it?

So upset by all the awesome things I am reading about 2K14 next gen.

New engine, so the game won't have the same issues.
    MyGM replaces Association
    My Player gets revamped. You'll have a rival! Agent, buddies, etc.

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...odes-and-more/ with more details.

I'm still going to be guarded with my expectations because it's still the first edition on a new console, which will mean new problems and less features, but this is a good start. Big question mark remains regarding online features, though. Digging the enhanced visuals, animations, details, though. And I'm intrigued by finally having wingspans accurately represented and how that affects defense, and I'm glad they're upping the AI for at least the coaching.

Cautiously optimistic.

I'm still going to be guarded with my expectations because it's still the first edition on a new console, which will mean new problems and less features, but this is a good start. Big question mark remains regarding online features, though. Digging the enhanced visuals, animations, details, though. And I'm intrigued by finally having wingspans accurately represented and how that affects defense, and I'm glad they're upping the AI for at least the coaching.

Cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post

Cautiously optimistic.
    I agree. I don't plan on making up my mind on next gen til around August next year. So in time for 2K15.

Mood

I predicted they would do a whole new game on next gen. They have no competition on current gen so why waste so much time on upgrading the modes in that? I am really happy with this mode the visuals in this video are amazing as well.

Now there is a reason not to make marginal trades and what not. I am glad with where this MyGM mode is heading.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-24-2013 at 08:13 PM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I agree. I don't plan on making up my mind on next gen til around August next year. So in time for 2K15.
    Yeah, in my case I already decided long ago to dive in with both feet to next gen and hope for the best, but it's nice to see encouraging signs. I kind of expected worse.

Yeah, in my case I already decided long ago to dive in with both feet to next gen and hope for the best, but it's nice to see encouraging signs. I kind of expected worse.