Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K14/Live 14 Update Thread

Default NBA 2K14/Live 14 Update Thread

Just wanted to start a thread. Want to keep tabs on these 2 games. I'll be buying on of them!

Without Live, 2K has really made almost 3 different games from 2k11 - 2k13. They have taken some big gambles and some things just haven't worked out. On top of that, there have been glitches that have been going on since 2K11 that haven't even been fixed. While I love 2K series, I'm glad Live is back.

Live definitely has some interesting things.
    -bouncetek sounds really nice. Less canned animations the better.
    -blockable dunks. They announced this early to get the jump on 2K since blocking dunks/layups has been an issue the past couple of 2K iterations. 2K13 you just couldn't block dunks at all. 2K12 you could block with your elbows and legs.

2K has been tight lipped about their details.
    -Just announced on 8/6 that you can block dunks and they posted screenshots.

Please feel free to post when you hear something about either game. Once the games are out, I can post the game scores from a few gaming sites, and see which game they plan on buying.

Things that I want in 2K
    -Blocking (dunks/layups) - CHECK
    -AI players close out on wide open shots way too quickly. It's like they are suction cupped
    -AI players ice skating - suction cupped
    -Rebounding (AI offensive rebounding is way too high)
    -3pt shooting (seems anyone in this game is a great 3pt shooter)
    -Select jerseys before games (in every game mode) Man, I really want to use those flo-jos!
    -Crew Mode (never played this, but want to)
    -More playability for My Player - Give us $ and VC. $ to buy a house (can get a trophy room that keeps up with every award you get!), car, etc. I want a reason to keep playing beyond 1 season.
    -More input for My Player - I really want to be a player manager. If there is a player you don't like, let us say so at ANY TIME, and the game has to trade that player within a month/before deadline. Same thing with requesting a player. All this will be based on your status with the team (requests will happen only for star players, but if you aren't, then there is a possibility your request won't happen). Let us dictate our minutes. If the game is a blow out, why am I playing the last few minutes? Or make the coaching smarter.
    -My Player (add in Summer League and training camps)
    -My Player - would love if they added in a D-League where you could play for a season and then go into the draft. I want a more realistic chance of getting drafted #1. This alleviates the issue of college basketball where you'd have to create so many different courts. With the D-league, you can just create a few different templates or let them play on the big boy courts when the NBA teams aren't in town. It'd be no different than what Brandon Jennings did by going over seas, but instead you play your 1 year in the Dleague.
    -Add more player customizations: hair styles, wing span, etc.
    -Sliders for My Player
    -My Player - please dear God let us select which game to play and which we want to skip like you can in every other damn mode.
    -My Player - let us take off the auto-save feature
    -Customizing courts/arenas/jerseys (they have a shoe creator, why not expand it!)
    -Get rid of Sig Skills. Or at least don't let them give bonuses, just rather stating what a particular player is skilled at. I don't think any of the Sig Skills worked like they were supposed to. Just make it a badge of honor type thing.

There's probably more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Let us take our My Player from 2K14 and be able to import him in 2K15. Pisses me off that I have to start from scratch every time.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just wanted to start a thread. Want to keep tabs on these 2 games. I'll be buying on of them!

Without Live, 2K has really made almost 3 different games from 2k11 - 2k13. They have taken some big gambles and some things just haven't worked out. On top of that, there have been glitches that have been going on since 2K11 that haven't even been fixed. While I love 2K series, I'm glad Live is back.

Live definitely has some interesting things.
    -bouncetek sounds really nice. Less canned animations the better.
    -blockable dunks. They announced this early to get the jump on 2K since blocking dunks/layups has been an issue the past couple of 2K iterations. 2K13 you just couldn't block dunks at all. 2K12 you could block with your elbows and legs.

2K has been tight lipped about their details.
    -Just announced on 8/6 that you can block dunks and they posted screenshots.

Please feel free to post when you hear something about either game. Once the games are out, I can post the game scores from a few gaming sites, and see which game they plan on buying.

Things that I want in 2K
    -Blocking (dunks/layups) - CHECK
    -AI players close out on wide open shots way too quickly. It's like they are suction cupped
    -AI players ice skating - suction cupped
    -Rebounding (AI offensive rebounding is way too high)
    -3pt shooting (seems anyone in this game is a great 3pt shooter)
    -Select jerseys before games (in every game mode) Man, I really want to use those flo-jos!
    -Crew Mode (never played this, but want to)
    -More playability for My Player - Give us $ and VC. $ to buy a house (can get a trophy room that keeps up with every award you get!), car, etc. I want a reason to keep playing beyond 1 season.
    -More input for My Player - I really want to be a player manager. If there is a player you don't like, let us say so at ANY TIME, and the game has to trade that player within a month/before deadline. Same thing with requesting a player. All this will be based on your status with the team (requests will happen only for star players, but if you aren't, then there is a possibility your request won't happen). Let us dictate our minutes. If the game is a blow out, why am I playing the last few minutes? Or make the coaching smarter.
    -My Player (add in Summer League and training camps)
    -My Player - would love if they added in a D-League where you could play for a season and then go into the draft. I want a more realistic chance of getting drafted #1. This alleviates the issue of college basketball where you'd have to create so many different courts. With the D-league, you can just create a few different templates or let them play on the big boy courts when the NBA teams aren't in town. It'd be no different than what Brandon Jennings did by going over seas, but instead you play your 1 year in the Dleague.
    -Add more player customizations: hair styles, wing span, etc.
    -Sliders for My Player
    -My Player - please dear God let us select which game to play and which we want to skip like you can in every other damn mode.
    -My Player - let us take off the auto-save feature
    -Customizing courts/arenas/jerseys (they have a shoe creator, why not expand it!)
    -Get rid of Sig Skills. Or at least don't let them give bonuses, just rather stating what a particular player is skilled at. I don't think any of the Sig Skills worked like they were supposed to. Just make it a badge of honor type thing.

There's probably more, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

Let us take our My Player from 2K14 and be able to import him in 2K15. Pisses me off that I have to start from scratch every time.
    The Myteam mode is by far my favorite part of this game.

Default Re: NBA 2K14/Live 14 Update Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    The Myteam mode is by far my favorite part of this game.
    I have yet to try it out. After My Player, I started an Association, but stopped as it wasn't very fun.

I have yet to try it out. After My Player, I started an Association, but stopped as it wasn't very fun.
    It costs a little dough but if you are thrifty and pick up cheap three point shooters (who did some reason are all at the very bottom) you can beat just about anyone.

I saw somewhere that 2K will have some of the top Euro teams playable... No word as of yet on how they will be tied in to the game modes...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They won't be.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

2K tweeted out a cryptic message. Lots of people think it's for Crew mode, though I'm not sure. Regardless, I do think Crew will be back. If 2K wants to make sure people don't go back to Live, you have to give them what they want, and people want Crew.

Tweet: #3R335

Not sure how you get Crew from that, but I guess it is possible.

I only care about crew mode if it doesn't allow people to bring in their custom players again. It was just stupid to go in and play with people who have the 7 foot tall overall 99 rated players everywhere. Now, if it serves as a place for where you can have a regular cast of human teammates to join together for team up mode with NBA rosters, with the game allowing you to have a team name and keep a W/L record and have playoffs, that would be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I only care about crew mode if it doesn't allow people to bring in their custom players again. It was just stupid to go in and play with people who have the 7 foot tall overall 99 rated players everywhere. Now, if it serves as a place for where you can have a regular cast of human teammates to join together for team up mode with NBA rosters, with the game allowing you to have a team name and keep a W/L record and have playoffs, that would be very interesting.
    I think Blacktop proved you could play with others and not have 18ft tall players. I really think blacktop was a testing ground, cause there wasn't much to it.

Crew should be back, and might have 5vs5 capability. I never played crew, so I'm not sure i care really.

I just want My Player to be have more depth and keep me wanting to play past 1 year.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm putting my foot down this year: No Reggie, no monies from my pocket for 2k!

And I will believe EA will release an NBA game when I see it on shelves.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

J7F

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

And I will believe EA will release an NBA game when I see it on shelves.
    It's not up to EA or 2K to add in Reggie. Reggie Miller flat out refuses to let him add his likeness. I think Charles Barkley is the same. If you want Reggie, start a twitter petition to Reggie to get him to stop being so uptight and let the makers add him to the game.

You know how bad I want one of the best Pacers teams in the game? I'd love to play with Reggie, Dale, Smits, Mark Jackson, Bender....

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    ...shouldn't you be boycotting TNT then? Because it's Reggie's decision not to be on 2K....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Ronnie 2K with another tweet:

Break the code 35 3335 #3R335 #NBA2K14

I'm not good with codes.

Ronnie 2K with another tweet:

Break the code 35 3335 #3R335 #NBA2K14

I'm not good with codes.
    Kevin Durant? Lol I am not good at that crap either

Someone posted:

35 335

3+5=8
    3+3+5=14

8/14 - might be some major news coming out? Probably about the first part of it, 3R335.

From someone else:
    3 - Get rid of that middle/reverse it (C)
    R - R
    3 - Backwards E
    3 - Sideways W
    5 - S

Some other people seem to think it's Reggie Miller. Does anyone follow him on twitter? Be interesting to see if he's dropped any hints about allowing game developers to use him in games.

Edit, I looked up Reggie's twitter and not a single peep. Hasn't been tweeting much either. Doubtful it's Uncle Reg.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 08-13-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Ok, so it's 8/14, should be some tasty 2K14 news today. Probably announcing Crew. Just hope it's not for next gen only.

They announced crew. Don't know if it's next gen only or not. The video I saw shows custom players on blacktop. Not really interesting to me.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats.

The Sprite court again. Please tell me they added new locations. Rucker Park and some other popular basketball playgrounds would be hella cool.

looks like its all created players. yawn.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    looks like its all created players. yawn.
    For Hicks too.

From 2K:
    The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats.

Were you wanting to use current NBA players? The whole point of Crew is to use your MyPlayer online.

7'8" PGs with 99 handles and 99 3PT FTW!

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Mood

I don't get people's love for that mode it was awful last time it was in the game. Some people had 15ft tall players it was unplayable. I am pissed if they don't make euroleague part of my player and franchise mode such a freakin waste of what could be a great feature.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I think they already said the European teams would be by themselves and not in any modes.

I wish they would just fix the problems the previous games have first before worrying about something as worthless as crew mode. Top of my list would be to clean up as much screwy physics as possible. Redo the AI so that it is challenging not because it makes too many BS shots or layups and not because you miss too many good looks but rather because the AI finally plays like a smart human player who just executes the game of basketball better than you do. Clean up the bugs in online association mode.

I mean why bring back crew when they have yet to provide a built-in version of what is currently done using Gamebattles? How hard could it possibly be to do that if they have time for something like crew? Create a team like you would an online association, let X amount of people join if they have the password to get in (or are directly invited via friends list, whatever), let them name their team, give it a logo and colors, and then add it to the pool of other teams, and then let those teams post challenges for team up games of 3v3, 4v4, and 5v5. Keep track of W/Ls, keep track of user stats (preferably isolated position by position, meaning you have the stats from every time you play point guard, then separately every time you play center, etc.), and have a playoff tournament every 2-3 months, keep history on the results, and repeat. How hard is that?

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Current gen features announced:

http://2kgam.es/NBA2K14CGFeatures

Hopefully this transition between generations is better than the last one 8 years ago; I recall the first year of next-gen NBA games being pretty bare-boned back around '05.