Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 1151

Thread: Luis Scola officially traded to Pacers for Gerald Green, Miles Plumlee, 2014 1st (lottery protected)

  1. #376

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    I wish the details of this trade would come out so we can see what we gave up! Please just Green and a 1st!

  2. #377

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    I believe our lineup will be

    starters: Hill, PG, Granger, West, Hibbert
    Bench: Watson, Lance, Copeland, Scola, Mahinmi

  3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  4. #378

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    I just don't think we'll have a 10 man rotation. I think it's 9.

    G Hill/Lance/George/West/Hibbert/Granger/Scola/Watson/Mahinmi

    I think we'll have a battle for 10th between Copeland/S Hill/Johnson.

  5. #379
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Anderson, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone honestly watch him last year with the Suns? I keep reading about a huge drop off in production, but the numbers seem to suggest he wasn't too far from his norm.
    I had Sciola in fantasy to start the year ( I know its fantasy bball lol) but he got benched for some time at the beginning of the season for reasons I'm not sure why!? He was putting up good numbers when playing. I LOVE this front court now! Nice trade Bird & dang it's good to have ya back! LOVE THE TRADE!

  6. #380

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    This is a big time move. Never doubt Bird!

  7. #381
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Anderson, Indiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you explain to me why you keep on saying that he could have been had "for free"?

    The bidding price for him was roughly $4+ mil a year in Salary....that's not free. At most, it's a GREAT DEAL ( it still is ) but far from being "free".
    I see your point Cable but maybe he was meaning not having to give up Green & 1st rd pick? I'm just assuming I'm glad we gave up Green btw woohoo! 1st rd pick hurts if it's next years but looks like were gonna need the extra $$ for Lance, PG & maybe Granger??......unless DG comes back great after surgery & prices his way out of town.

  8. #382
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,778

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dancing fruit ain't going to cut it if this goes through.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:


  10. #383
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Bird definitely was not joking when he said the bench was going to improve.

    I'm assuming the bench will look like CJ/Lance/Cope/Scola/Ian.

    I don't think Solo will get into the rotation yet and there was a reason Cope was brought to Indy, but the backup SF spot will be up for grabs.

  11. #384

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the corpse of Luis Scola...
    ??? Scola is a damn fine player. Pretty clueless comment on your part to call him a "corpse".

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  13. #385
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,991

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded for Scola??

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    LMAO I was cracking up at that.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  15. #386

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird definitely was not joking when he said the bench was going to improve.

    I'm assuming the bench will look like CJ/Lance/Cope/Scola/Ian.

    I don't think Solo will get into the rotation yet and there was a reason Cope was brought to Indy, but the backup SF spot will be up for grabs.
    With basically 3 starting wings, and now no minutes for Granger at PF, if we are healthy the backup SF will not see the floor much at all even in the regular season. Hill and Johnson won't be playing much at all I wouldnt think.

  16. #387
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,061

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no doubt in my mind that the Pacers are the most talented team in the league right now. I really do believe that. I've never believed that. I mean really. I think they are. I'll be very surprised if they don't get the 1 seed in the East. I'll be surprised if they lose to Miami.
    I'm with you...

    We have to be the overall... top to bottom... Best team in the NBA!

    PG - GHill/Watson/Sloan/Lance
    SG - PG/Lance/OJ/GHill
    SF - Granger/PG/Solo/OJ/Cope
    PF - DWest/Scola/Cope/Plums
    C - Hibs/Ian/Scola/Plums/DWest

    We have a backup plan for our backup plan at every position... And in some instances a backup plan for our backup plan's back up plan! The "Next Man Up" mantra from last season just became serious!

    We are versatile enough to match up against any type of team... Or to create matchup problems for any type of team...

    October can not get here fast enough!
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:


  18. #388

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Photoshop experts, a request please. Rocket fans used to call Scola "The Ice Cream Man", because of his scoop shots and how many post moves(flavors) he had. Could we get a pic of Scola as an ice cream man handing out some treats to George/Hibbert/etc.? Would be my new avy if possible

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:


  20. #389
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger traded for Scola??

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'll value Granger's even more when we can't re-sign him.
    How does that have to do with Granger when he's starter?

    Cope is a solid 3 point shooter which is what we were looking for, but is overall a versatile forward.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  22. #390
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,815

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Chris Copeland will be used as a specialist when the roster is full. He will be used in situations where small lineups cause to many match up problems for us. Also, he will easily move in and out of the line up when there are injuries to a SF or PF. This is a great trade. Once again, it appears as though Miles Plumlee does not hold the confidence of the Pacers' front office. At the very least, he is certainly not prepared to contribute on a contender.

    Roster:

    5 - Hibbert, Mahimi, Plumlee*
    4 - West, Scola, Copeland*, Plumlee
    3 - Granger, Copeland*, Hill
    2 - George, Stephenson, Johnson
    1 - Hill, Watson, Sloan

    By far, the only significant loss to the Pacers roster was Brian Shaw. Otherwise, Green was upgraded with Copeland, Hansbrough was upgraded with Scola, and Augustine was upgraded with Watson. The only weak area of our roster is our starting point guard who must improve in order to reach the next level.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  24. #391

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    I really wish we had a distributor type point guard now. Even off the bench... and I still think Lance starting over Granger is in the best interest of all.

  25. #392
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Who knows how it will play out, but I don't think rotations will be set as stone as people are expecting...

    For instance if we imagine this is the starting five: Hill/PG/Granger/West/Roy

    and this is the backup: CJ/OJ/Lance/Scola/Ian

    If in any given game, a team went small right away, you wouldn't be surprised to see Cope come in instead of Scola, since his shooting is always nice, and his defense wouldn't necessarily become a problem.

    More importantly, in playoff series, we may see different 9 man units depending on what a teams strengths are.. You could see Hill playing instead of OJ when defense is needed and vice versa...

    I really hope Vogel isn't rigid with his lineups this season..
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  26. #393
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,533

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Chris Copeland will be used as a specialist when the roster is full. He will be used in situations where small lineups cause to many match up problems for us. Also, he will easily move in and out of the line up when there are injuries to a SF or PF. This is a great trade. Once again, it appears as though Miles Plumlee does not hold the confidence of the Pacers' front office. At the very least, he is certainly not prepared to contribute on a contender.

    Roster:

    5 - Hibbert, Mahimi, Plumlee*
    4 - West, Scola, Copeland*, Plumlee
    3 - Granger, Copeland*, Hill
    2 - George, Stephenson, Johnson
    1 - Hill, Watson, Sloan

    By far, the only significant loss to the Pacers roster was Brian Shaw. Otherwise, Green was upgraded with Copeland, Hansbrough was upgraded with Scola, and Augustine was upgraded with Watson. The only weak area of our roster is our starting point guard who must improve in order to reach the next level.
    I'm not entirely sure Hansbrough was actually the problem with the bench last season. In fact, he might have been the only one playing good. If you look at the numbers, the five man unit hill/lance/pg/tyler/roy was pretty potent. Meanwhile, the rest of the bench players almost all had a negative effect when they came in the game. Much of this actually has to do with all of them playing poor defense. Hansbrough on the other hand, in direct contrast to his first couple years in the league, played very well on defense last year.

    Anywho, I mostly agree with your sentiment. I think the Pacers roster wise, have had a net improvement at every position.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  27. #394

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really wish we had a distributor type point guard now. Even off the bench... and I still think Lance starting over Granger is in the best interest of all.
    Scola coming in makes it matter even less who starts between Danny and Lance. They will both get 30 MPG on the wing if healthy, while PG gets around 36 MPG. Now that Scola and Copeland are Pacers, there will be absoultely no need for Danny to play any 4, so it will not matter much which one of Lance or Danny start because they will both get there fair share of minutes with different guys at different times in the game.

    Our team is SET:

    PG - Hill 30 MPG, Watson 18 MPG

    Wings - George 36 MPG, Granger 30 MPG, Stephenson 30 MPG

    PF - West 30 MPG, Scola 18 MPG

    C - Hibbert 30 MPG, Mahinmi 18 MPG

    Only thing I might change is giving Scola some of Mahinmi's minutes at Center against certain teams, and giving Copeland some minutes when the offense is struggling to score at all.

  28. #395
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Scola 4,508,504
    Green 3,500,000

    Numbers don't work, so Pacers have to give up Plumlee, Johnson or Stephenson.
    Got to have other players involved or another team to make this work.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  30. #396
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,199

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scola 4,508,504
    Green 3,500,000

    Numbers don't work, so Pacers have to give up Plumlee, Johnson or Stephenson.
    Got to have other players involved or another team to make this work.
    They work. It has to match within 150% plus $100,000. 150% of 3,500,000 is 5,250,000, so Scola fits underneath that.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  32. #397
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They work. It has to match within 150% plus $100,000. 150% of 3,500,000 is 5,250,000, so Scola fits underneath that.
    125% is the limit, not 150%.

    So either we're going to have to throw in Orlando Johnson or Miles Plumlee, or we're going to have to make this a bigger trade.

    *edit* Nevermind, this is apparently false.

  33. #398
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    In Hansbrough's best year, two years ago, he went for 11 and 5.2. He bottomed out at 7 and 4.6 last year.

    Scola has averaged 14.2 and 7.5 for his career (12.8 and 6.6 last year). Even without the Copeland signing, we made a HUGE improvement at the back up PF position.

    For those few who were still lamenting the loss of Hansbrough's "energy" off the bench, I would hope those feelings of loss have completely dissipated.

  34. #399
    CA Pacer Fan A-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,281

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scola 4,508,504
    Green 3,500,000

    Numbers don't work, so Pacers have to give up Plumlee, Johnson or Stephenson.
    Got to have other players involved or another team to make this work.
    I trust ESPN's Trade Machine, which says this trade can work straight up. Doesn't mean the Pacers won't throw in a draft pick, but the trade is fine as is.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

  35. #400
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    125% is the limit, not 150%.

    So either we're going to have to throw in Orlando Johnson or Miles Plumlee, or we're going to have to make this a bigger trade.
    Okay, according to count55, I was wrong. It's 125% if you are a taxpayer team, but apparently the nontaxpayer's like us and like Phoenix do in fact have a 150% limit. So the deal works.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. RUMOR: Granger to Phoenix for Luis Scola
    By Pacerfan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 01:07 AM
  2. Miles Plumlee vs Draymond Green-- Who would you have chosen?
    By Ace E.Anderson in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 02:00 PM
  3. Luis Scola of Houston Rockets recovering after knee surgery [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
  4. Spurs almost traded Luis Scola to the Cavs back in 2007
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 09:23 AM
  5. Luis Scola
    By SoupIsGood in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 02:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •