Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 1151

Thread: Luis Scola officially traded to Pacers for Gerald Green, Miles Plumlee, 2014 1st (lottery protected)

  1. #351
    Die hard Pacers fan!!!!! SIR-LANCE-ALOT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    225
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i LOVE our bench no matter who starts

    Watson
    OJ
    Granger
    Scola
    Mahinmi

    or

    Watson
    Stephenson
    Copeland
    Scola
    Mahinmi

    I think the 2nd scenario is the most likely
    dont forget Hill, i think he could get some minutes too, and with addition of Scola, we dont have to rush and put Plumlee in there

  2. #352

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It more likely signifies that Granger will be getting a ring.
    Agreed. This trade really makes us a beast in the East. No writers will sayit, but I like our chances to win it all if it is truly Green for Scola.

  3. #353
    Die hard Pacers fan!!!!! SIR-LANCE-ALOT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    indianapolis
    Posts
    225
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    great Saturday!!! Colts report to training camp today, and we traded a player i didnt think Bird could move in Gerald Green and get a player in Scola, who is a crafty player, reminds me of a a big man Manu Gonolbi
    Last edited by SIR-LANCE-ALOT; 07-27-2013 at 08:20 AM.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SIR-LANCE-ALOT For This Useful Post:


  5. #354
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,520

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    There is no doubt in my mind that the Pacers are the most talented team in the league right now. I really do believe that. I've never believed that. I mean really. I think they are. I'll be very surprised if they don't get the 1 seed in the East. I'll be surprised if they lose to Miami.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  7. #355
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,178

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    First thing, I'll be absolutely shocked if the Pacers 2014 1st round pick isn't headed to Phoenix with Green. There'll probably be a disaster protection (top 5) on it.

    Second thing, I think this makes the Pacers the favorites to win the title.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  9. #356

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Has there even been official word on this yet or is it still just "close"?

  10. #357

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Nothing official has been announced.

    Man, I wish this had happened before free agency. Copeland's $3M would've been nice to have for Granger and/or Lance re-sign.

    Seriously, where will Cope play? It ain't at backup 3 or 4. We'd have to go small with Scola at the 5.

  11. #358
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,520

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing official has been announced.

    Man, I wish this had happened before free agency. Copeland's $3M would've been nice to have for Granger and/or Lance re-sign.

    Seriously, where will Cope play? It ain't at backup 3 or 4. We'd have to go small with Scola at the 5.
    Who cares? He's our new Sam Perkins. He'll play when we need'm.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  13. #359
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    this is crazy weird this is a kind of move you'd have seen the lakers pull back in the early 2000's just give up some crap player and some even more worthless draft pick and just use the terrible teams to pull solid assets from. what I would call a "rich get richer" type of move and get angry at whatever other team bent over to make it happen...now that we're the ones doing it though I'll just say it was a solid move by us

  14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  15. #360
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,324

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Always been a Scola fan. Whole-heartily approve!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  16. #361

    Default Re: Granger traded for Scola??

    Quote Originally Posted by KingGeorge_24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would Granger be involved? Especially for Scola?
    Bet its
    Mahinmi+ Green+ 2nd
    for
    Scola+ Marshall
    I would rosterbate so hard.

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karlton For This Useful Post:


  18. #362
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,178

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who cares? He's our new Sam Perkins. He'll play when we need'm.
    Exactly. He's an insurance policy. He'd be the 10th man in a 9 man rotation (which is what I usually use when looking at team's depth chart).

    That's basically the role he played last year. Check out his game log.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...chris-copeland
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  20. #363
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,060

    Default Re: Granger traded for Scola??

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would rosterbate so hard.
    This made me laugh so hard I snorted a couple of times
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  21. #364
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo
    Smothered Chicken!

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:


  23. #365
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,580

    Default Re: Granger traded for Scola??

    Quote Originally Posted by Karlton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would rosterbate so hard.

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:


  25. #366
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we get Scola for Green, that's better than "free". Getting rid of Green and his contract is a PLUS for us, not a negative. Addition by subtraction. Even throwing in a 1st round pick or two is a bonus. I think we could be just fine without paying another Miles Plumlee or two.
    Exactly. Dumping Green would have been a great move. Dumping Green and getting a good player out of it is a spectacular move.

    I don't get why anyone could be anything but ecstatic about this. We got rid of a player who provided us with nothing and may have prevented us from signing both of Danny and Lance, and in return, we got a proven PF who has a contract that may allow us to keep both.

    This is an incredible trade!

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Big Smooth For This Useful Post:


  27. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Paul George/Danny Granger
    David West/Luis Scola
    Roy Hibbert/Ian Mahinmi

    Is there another frontcourt even close to that, top to bottom? The backups, themselves, would make a solid starting front court, and they're all playing behind All-Star caliber players.

  28. #368
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    A consequence of acquiring Scola is that Plumlee is gone. It's just a matter of time because now there are absolutely no minutes for him. Scola will prove himself valuable enough that we will not let him go next summer. So, whether we trade Plumlee sometime between now and the trade deadline for a future 2nd round pick or don't pick up his option at the end of the season, he's gone.

    Keeping Scola for 2014-2015 will cause a little scrambling next summer. We will probably be looking for ways to trade Players to decrease salary. Among them might be Copeland, Johnson and/or SHill. We will probably turn over at least one of Watson or Sloan.

    It was not likely that we could keep both Granger and Stephenson. If we keep Scola, that viewpoint is pretty much guaranteed.

    On the bright side of things, isn't it great to be in a position to have these problems!!!

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  30. #369
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,769

    Default Re: Granger traded for Scola??

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    b) Copeland is a terrible signing at $3M.
    I disagree. We still value his 3 point shooting.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:


  32. #370
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Age
    22
    Posts
    582

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    LARRY'S BAAAAAAAAAACK!!! This means that Copeland will play the three, not four. If Mahinmi is involved in the trade, then that opens up the backup center spot for Plumlee, unless we get someone else.
    Last edited by adamscb; 07-27-2013 at 09:53 AM.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:


  34. #371

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    I WAKE UP TO THIS AGBNRNABIONPQONOIANFBAGFM!! So Excited!! Cant wait for the season!

  35. #372

    Default Re: Granger traded for Scola??

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree. We still value his 3 point shooting.

    You'll value Granger's even more when we can't re-sign him.

  36. #373

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    this is the happiest I have seen vnzl haha

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  38. #374

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    I think Solomon Hill is going to win out at the back up 3. I know he made a few shots against us last year, but he was a 29 year old rookie, who can't defend. He isn't magically going to be better if we put him out of place at the 3.

  39. #375

    Default Re: Scola traded to Pacers??

    Just to put this trade into perspective:

    Is Scola as a basketball player worth a late first round pick? Yes.

    And we get Scola on $4.8M next season if he meets incentives? Hell yes.

    Wait, and Phoenix takes back Gerald Green? To quote Donnie Walsh to Mel Daniels re 8pts/9sec "Don't **** with me!"

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. RUMOR: Granger to Phoenix for Luis Scola
    By Pacerfan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-27-2013, 01:07 AM
  2. Miles Plumlee vs Draymond Green-- Who would you have chosen?
    By Ace E.Anderson in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 02:00 PM
  3. Luis Scola of Houston Rockets recovering after knee surgery [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
  4. Spurs almost traded Luis Scola to the Cavs back in 2007
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 09:23 AM
  5. Luis Scola
    By SoupIsGood in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2005, 02:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •