Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1757

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys kill me ......... you say you wouldn't watch them in the CBI, but I'd bet you were glued to the screen watching them play Samford.

You sound almost as arrogant and cocky as Glass did in declining the invite.

And you know you would be watching if they were in the CBI. Yes - you would.
    No, I honestly wouldn't. There is a key difference between them playing Samford at the beginning of the season and some Penn State type of team in the CBI: At the beginning of the season, there is hope for the season. You are still trying to figure out the team, looking to see if they have a chance to make noise that year. The CBI is a postseason tournament that has no prestige whatsoever and is just the cherry on top of a season that was a colossal failure.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

You guys kill me ......... you say you wouldn't watch them in the CBI, but I'd bet you were glued to the screen watching them play Samford.

You sound almost as arrogant and cocky as Glass did in declining the invite.

And you know you would be watching if they were in the CBI. Yes - you would.
    LOL. I didn't even watch them in the ****ing BIg Ten tournament. I have season tickets and went to ONE GAME this year. This team is so ****ing horrible to watch that you would have to pay me double my face value of a ticket just to get me to watch that offense again.

This IU team wasn't just bad, they were bad and they were bad to watch. So it was a double whammy. They were a pretty good defensive team paired to an absolutely putrid offensive team that resulted in barely a .500 overall record. This is a horrible combo in any sport. At least if they had been flipped, a pretty good offense with a putrid defense, I could have jived with them and watched them try to grow. That would have at least been fun, but my God I can only watch Will Sheehey (the dumbest senior I can remember in major college basketball for some time) throw a putrid pass or chuck up a terrible pull up jumper or get blown by by a northwestern player so many times before I just want to start vomiting every where.

This team was not fun. They had zero redeeming qualities other than Yogi. He is literally the only guy I would pay to watch basketball. (Devin Davis was alright at times down the stretch, as was Stan Robinson but those are minor, minor compliments considering that anyone who looked like even half their brain was functioning looked amazing in comparison to everyone else) Even Noah, who I believe is supremely talented and already has an NBA level skill (his ability to rebound and box out), was painfully woeful to watch on offense because he literally was getting zero coaching in how to function properly out of the post. Probably because Crean now thinks every big man is like Cody Zeller and that they only score off of fast break opportunities, the idea of a post iso to Crean might as well be like asking him to build a Ferrari from scratch. I think he would just give you that forced derp face we saw after the B1G loss.

I can't speak for everyone, but the only way I would have watched the CBI would be if I had a massive stroke right before the game and they forced me to watch the ****ing game in my hospital room and I couldn't move to change the god damn channel. I have lived through some terrible, terrible teams in my life time, the 90s Colts come to mind, as do the Pacers from 2005-2011. I have never, ever loathed a team more than this year's team. Many people look at this team and see no talent, I just look at this team and see a waste of talent, and that pisses me off way more. It sucked to watch teams go 6-25 and 10-23 and whatever in the first 3 years, but at least those teams were full of rejects, this team had 2 McDonald's All Americans, I believe that is the second most in the Big Ten only to Michigan State, someone correct me if I'm wrong, and it also played several other 4 star level talents off the top of my head Hollowell, Robinson, Perea, Williams and at one point Luke Fischer who hated it here apparently. How many teams in the B1G can boast that much talent? 3, 4? Sorry, but the excuse about youth or lack of talent is just bologna.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 03-18-2014 at 10:16 AM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I sorta watched Purdue's CBI games last year, had them on in the background pretty much. But they were both weeknight games, not a chance in hell I'd have spent a Saturday night doing that.

Wah-wah. My team sux this year so I'm not going to watch them.

Talk about bandwagoneers ............

Well, if you are going to come in and be a troll, at least learn to spell first. Now off with you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I've never gotten this attitude. If you watched a whole season of an awful TV show why you want to watch the finale? Why are sports the only thing that people think you HAVE to watch even if it's not in any way enjoyable? It's honestly really weird to me. I mean, do people get self worth out of being miserable or something?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Bandwagonears?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I mean, do people get self worth out of being miserable or something?
    I get self worth watching IU games because they prove to me that I can obliterate the **** out of some high quality Goodwill chairs.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Well, if you are going to come in and be a troll, at least learn to spell first. Now off with you.
    Hey - if I don't live up to your self-appointed standards - then treat me the same way you treat your teams ..... ignore me.

I'm sure we both feel the same way about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    LOL. I didn't even watch them in the ****ing BIg Ten tournament. I have season tickets and went to ONE GAME this year. This team is so ****ing horrible to watch that you would have to pay me double my face value of a ticket just to get me to watch that offense again.

This IU team wasn't just bad, they were bad and they were bad to watch. So it was a double whammy. They were a pretty good defensive team paired to an absolutely putrid offensive team that resulted in barely a .500 overall record. This is a horrible combo in any sport. At least if they had been flipped, a pretty good offense with a putrid defense, I could have jived with them and watched them try to grow. That would have at least been fun, but my God I can only watch Will Sheehey (the dumbest senior I can remember in major college basketball for some time) throw a putrid pass or chuck up a terrible pull up jumper or get blown by by a northwestern player so many times before I just want to start vomiting every where.

This team was not fun. They had zero redeeming qualities other than Yogi. He is literally the only guy I would pay to watch basketball. (Devin Davis was alright at times down the stretch, as was Stan Robinson but those are minor, minor compliments considering that anyone who looked like even half their brain was functioning looked amazing in comparison to everyone else) Even Noah, who I believe is supremely talented and already has an NBA level skill (his ability to rebound and box out), was painfully woeful to watch on offense because he literally was getting zero coaching in how to function properly out of the post. Probably because Crean now thinks every big man is like Cody Zeller and that they only score off of fast break opportunities, the idea of a post iso to Crean might as well be like asking him to build a Ferrari from scratch. I think he would just give you that forced derp face we saw after the B1G loss.

I can't speak for everyone, but the only way I would have watched the CBI would be if I had a massive stroke right before the game and they forced me to watch the ****ing game in my hospital room and I couldn't move to change the god damn channel. I have lived through some terrible, terrible teams in my life time, the 90s Colts come to mind, as do the Pacers from 2005-2011. I have never, ever loathed a team more than this year's team. Many people look at this team and see no talent, I just look at this team and see a waste of talent, and that pisses me off way more. It sucked to watch teams go 6-25 and 10-23 and whatever in the first 3 years, but at least those teams were full of rejects, this team had 2 McDonald's All Americans, I believe that is the second most in the Big Ten only to Michigan State, someone correct me if I'm wrong, and it also played several other 4 star level talents off the top of my head Hollowell, Robinson, Perea, Williams and at one point Luke Fischer who hated it here apparently. How many teams in the B1G can boast that much talent? 3, 4? Sorry, but the excuse about youth or lack of talent is just bologna.
    Other than the Purdue game, the only IU game I watched was the first half of IU-Mich at Ann Arbor. Offense looked great there. I'm guessing it was an exception?

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    Other than the Purdue game, the only IU game I watched was the first half of IU-Mich at Ann Arbor. Offense looked great there. I'm guessing it was an exception?
    Yeah. Yogi was unconscious and was hitting just about everything he took.

The offense is basically a 27 second three man weave around the three point line until they are forced to toss up a crappy shot as the shot clock expires. That is the Hoosier offense. That is what is has been every year sans Cody Zeller under Crean, really.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Hey - if I don't live up to your self-appointed standards - then treat me the same way you treat your teams ..... ignore me.

I'm sure we both feel the same way about you.
    Where do I buy your merch?

Here's some uplifting news, this day 8 years ago, we canned Mike Davis after he went 19-12, finished tied 4th in the Big Ten, and had won an NCAA tournament game. So yeah...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

From an SI article:

Texas Southern: Former Indiana coach Mike Davis led the Tigers to the NCAA tournament. Indiana failed to make the NIT.

From an SI article:

Texas Southern: Former Indiana coach Mike Davis led the Tigers to the NCAA tournament. Indiana failed to make the NIT.
    Yep. Good for him. I never had a problem with Mike Davis as a person. He was just in over his head here and a bad fit. He's not a particularly good coach, but I'm happy that he's found success and less pressure at a smaller school like Texas Southern. I'll root for them in the NCAAs.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have watched Davis's Texas Southern team and they have a really good big man.

Filling out my NIT deepest I can remember. Whoever wins it should be proud. Belmont got a terrible draw no one on their team can guard Sykes.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

Filling out my NIT deepest I can remember. Whoever wins it should be proud. Belmont got a terrible draw no one on their team can guard Sykes.
    Yeah, I filled out a CBI bracket. I just scribbled, "WE'RE INDIANA" all over it and submitted it. Feel pretty good about my chances.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I filled out a CBI bracket. I just scribbled, "WE'RE INDIANA" all over it and submitted it. Feel pretty good about my chances.

From an SI article:

FYI: They're 19-14 and the SWAC is the weakest conference in the country.

Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Yep. Good for him. I never had a problem with Mike Davis as a person. He was just in over his head here and a bad fit. He's not a particularly good coach, but I'm happy that he's found success and less pressure at a smaller school like Texas Southern. I'll root for them in the NCAAs.
    Some people here won't believe me but this story is absolutely true.

The last time I saw Mike Davis was in Cincinnati, we were at a basketball game at OJ Mayo and Bill Walker's high school. I have a few connections in the basketball world, not super high connections but I know people who do have those connections and ran into several of them there. Anyhow I sat down with them and just happened to end up sitting a few seats from Mike Davis who was obviously there to see OJ and Bill. At the end of the third quarter OJ's team was up by a large score and went to the bench for good. Mike gets up to leave and Bob Huggins is standing right behind him and says to him "Coach what are you here wasting your time for?" About 50 people started laughing their asses off.

Huggins said it in a joking type of manner, but you could tell he was letting Mike know for real he had no shot.
    Last edited by travmil; 03-18-2014 at 07:25 PM.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

why wouldn't people believe you? It was in Cincy so I'm sure Huggy Bear still has a bunch of goons there that love him and I'm sure he'd already delivered Walker his bag of cash.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

Note to self never fill out your bracket until right before the game. Skyes and the Wis GB tried to show the NCAA by not playing him in the NIT. They pulled an IU lol.

St John decided they were above the NIT as well clearly didnt want to be there. Robert Morris is good, but St John didn't show up.

Looks like IU is a serious player for Anthony Lee, one of those graduated senior transfers. He averaged like 13 points and 8 boards last year at Temple, and for what little it's worth, played pretty decent against IU in the NCAAs last year. He would be a pretty huge get for this team.

Looks like IU is a serious player for Anthony Lee, one of those graduated senior transfers. He averaged like 13 points and 8 boards last year at Temple, and for what little it's worth, played pretty decent against IU in the NCAAs last year. He would be a pretty huge get for this team.
    Interesting note: he followed Tom Crean, IU Men's basketball and Robert Johnson on twitter. No other players, programs or coaches. Let's hope Crean doesn't spaz out and scare him off.