Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1757

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

So apparently IU decided about an hour before tipoff that Vonleh's foot was too sore to play.

Should be a layup drill for the Buckeyes today.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So apparently IU decided about an hour before tipoff that Vonleh's foot was too sore to play.

This is ugly, ugly basketball. Sloopy should be up by about 12 points. They have missed a lot of opportunities at the rim and in transition. We are going to get rocked.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IU on an 11-0 run since I turned the game on.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post

Ironically, I feel a little more confident that IU can win this game with Vonleh out. Crean's at his best when going small and aggressive.

16-0 run. Oh my.

Dammit, had 'em reeling until that turnover.

21-5 run to end the half. Now let's hope we don't cough it up in the second half as per usual.

Good first half from IU. This team can really play some defense. That bodes well for the future, I think, especially because some of the best players on defense have several years ahead of their IU careers.

I've run out of words to describe how much I hate Aaron Craft.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Where has this Will Sheehey been this season? If he had played with this much heart, leadership, and aggressiveness, we wouldn't be staring the NIT in the face right now.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

What a terrible call.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

For some reason I just felt like we'd win this one. There has definitely been more of a sense of urgency since the Purdue debacle.

If we can win the next two I think we have a solid shot at a tourney berth. It's going to be tough though, especially at Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    For some reason I just felt like we'd win this one. There has definitely been more of a sense of urgency since the Purdue debacle.

If we can win the next two I think we have a solid shot at a tourney berth. It's going to be tough though, especially at Michigan.
    Knowing this team, we will squash the momentum with a loss at home vs pesky Nebraska.

Every time I'm ready to give up on this team, they turn around and beat a ranked opponent.

Man if they won out, this would be the most bubbly bubble team ever.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I think this defense will propel this team well into next year. I feel good about their tourney chances in 2015-16 (obviously, if they miss, that's a huge mark against Crean).

A few random thoughts...

1. Yogi is smart as hell. He did everything he had to do to get Craft off his defensive spots. Craft, to me, is one of THE best in the nation at beating you to a spot and contesting. Ferrell didn't give him a chance to get to his spots with his movement and speed. Yogi gets a lot of credit for his speed and shotmaking (the jump in his trey game has been incredible), but he doesn't get enough for being smart—and smart goes beyond just making the right passes, as I know he can make 2-3 really dumb passes per game.

2. Best game Mosquera-Perea has ever played. First game I could really see what Crean must have seen in his game. Remarkably solid on defense, didn't foul wildly as has been an issue with him, tough on the boards...and those hands! They've improved immensely since last year. Should have earned a charge at the end, too. Played a huge role in the win...will need to come up big down the stretch as well.

3. Hollowell didn't see much court in the second half, but second game where I thought he built the foundation of his game on defense and then let his offense come naturally on the attack.

4. This team needs to win on defense. I love the athleticism and ballhounding. I still think a few players get caught flat-footed too often though.

5. The biggest problem with this team, besides the fact guys like Sheehey apparently sandbagged game until it might have been too late this year: too many players who just aren't B1G players see the court. All due respect to Etherington & Howard, but they're just not B1G players. Vonleh injury necessitated a bit more playing time, but all things equal, neither should do anything but mop up. This all to say nothing of Jurkin not even getting a second of time in a game where the team had no healthy centers... (Seriously, I hate to bag on college kids, but how awful must Jurkin be?)

I'm feeling optimistic about the direction of this program after the last few games. They get defense. Defense fuels their offense. That's the recipe going forward.

Also feel like Evan Gordon deserves a shout-out. Playing smart, clutch ball lately. I haven't been a huge Gordon fan this season, but he's settling into a role and becoming incredibly efficient in it.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

If we win out we would have 5 wins over top 25 teams, that is 4 more than our neighbors to the South who wear Blue and were supposed to go undefeated this year. That's the power of the Big Ten folks even in a year when it is down.

This team is so weird. Sheehey is maddening, I hate him for not showing up earlier this team is easily in the tourney if he had played even half this well through most of the season.

I really don't see us beating Michigan in Michigan, but if the team can beat Neb and then maybe win two games in the B1G tourney they would at least have a chance IMO. If we do somehow beat Mich and win a game in the tourney I think we would probably be in which is just bizarre, but whatever. Those home losses to Penn State and Northwestern absolutely suck right now. If you turn those two around, we are 19-10 and 9-7 in the conference and firmly in the tourney and probably none of us are that upset about this year.

Also, I had no idea that OSU got swept by Penn State this year. This conference is crazy sometimes.

Maybe Crean can turn around his rep based on D, which would be odd, but hey more power to him if he can figure it out. His gameplans on that end have been consistently good even if the offensive plans have been poop.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 03-03-2014 at 10:09 AM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

For the record, I still think 7 teams from this conference are going to find their way into the dance. The top 6 look like locks to me. That 7th spot seems like a jump up between us, Minny and the Illini.

Most bi polar team ever. If we can win out and have a decent showing in the BTT we may have a chance.

Also, RE: Aaron Craft, this dude is the most overrated player I can remember in some time. For a guy who apparently dedicates so much time and work to his game, he has not added a reliable jumpshot to his game in 4 straight years of getting a ton of playing time. That is a HUGE indictment against him IMO. There is no reason he should not be a reliable jump shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Also, RE: Aaron Craft, this dude is the most overrated player I can remember in some time. For a guy who apparently dedicates so much time and work to his game, he has not added a reliable jumpshot to his game in 4 straight years of getting a ton of playing time. That is a HUGE indictment against him IMO. There is no reason he should not be a reliable jump shooter.
    Has it really only been 4 years?

http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Bracketology is interesting. Minnesota is the last team in the field, Nebraska among the first four out. That Nebraska game in Bloomington on Wednesday is huge for both teams. IU isn't listed anywhere but from where I'm sitting our resume is comparable to Nebraska and Minnesota. If we beat Nebraska, that Michigan game becomes really, really interesting.

The thing that is really killing us when comparing our resume to Minny/Nebraska is our pathetic SOS. Thanks again Crean for scheduling so many ****ing cupcakes.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    http://espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Bracketology is interesting. Minnesota is the last team in the field, Nebraska among the first four out. That Nebraska game in Bloomington on Wednesday is huge for both teams. IU isn't listed anywhere but from where I'm sitting our resume is comparable to Nebraska and Minnesota. If we beat Nebraska, that Michigan game becomes really, really interesting.

The thing that is really killing us when comparing our resume to Minny/Nebraska is our pathetic SOS. Thanks again Crean for scheduling so many ****ing cupcakes.
    Minnesota has an RPI of 47 and Nebraska is 54. Indiana is 76. Lowest RPI by an at-large in history is 67.

A month ago, I said they'd need at least 5 top-50 wins while managing to avoid any bad losses. Then came the loss at home to Penn State and the *** kicking at Purdue. They could get the requisite 5th top-50 win with a victory at Michigan but that would still seem to put them on the outside looking in without at least trip to the B1G tourney semis. They basically have 4 quality wins, 4 horrible losses, and a bunch of wins that don't mean a thing.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Minnesota has an RPI of 47 and Nebraska is 54. Indiana is 76. Lowest RPI by an at-large in history is 67.

A month ago, I said they'd need at least 5 top-50 wins while managing to avoid any bad losses. Then came the loss at home to Penn State and the *** kicking at Purdue. They could get the requisite 5th top-50 win with a victory at Michigan but that would still seem to put them on the outside looking in without at least trip to the B1G tourney semis. They basically have 4 quality wins, 4 horrible losses, and a bunch of wins that don't mean a thing.
    Yes, and with wins over Nebraska and Michigan the RPI would improve. In no way am I arguing that we should be in conversation for a bid if the season ended today. We don't have a prayer unless we win win out in the regular season and then get at least one win in the B1G tourney.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Hopefully Michigan goes a bit easy on us, considering they have the Big Ten title wrapped up. Maybe they will be looking ahead to the BTT.