Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 1730

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

  1. #301
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,260

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we can't beat three cupcakes we are favored against, why in gods name would we be able to beat three big ten teams we should beat.
    What 3 cupcakes are you referring too?

  2. #302

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What 3 cupcakes are you referring too?
    ANY

    Thats the point. Going back YEARS you can look at winnable/favored games. And we haven't won three in a row. Whether its Mac teams, FCS schools, whatever. This team comes up small too often to win 3 games in a row, even if its 3 games they are supposed to win.

    So don't tell me they are likely to win these three games because we should be favored. Because frankly even against the cupcakes we pay to beat, we are only around a .500 team against.

  3. #303
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,912

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    As much as I'm disgusted with our performance today, I wouldn't be shocked if our Jekyll & Hyde routine continues with a win at the Big House next weekend. Michigan sucks.

  4. #304
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,260

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ANY

    Thats the point. Going back YEARS you can look at winnable/favored games. And we haven't won three in a row. Whether its Mac teams, FCS schools, whatever. This team comes up small too often to win 3 games in a row, even if its 3 games they are supposed to win.

    So don't tell me they are likely to win these three games because we should be favored. Because frankly even against the cupcakes we pay to beat, we are only around a .500 team against.
    But you are referring to a totally different team, with totally different players, and totally different coaches, this is one of the best Indiana football teams we have had probably since our 2007 bowl team

  5. #305
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,260

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I'm disgusted with our performance today, I wouldn't be shocked if our Jekyll & Hyde routine continues with a win at the Big House next weekend. Michigan sucks.
    Penn State upset them today, and we are definitely a better team than Penn State, I think if we play well, we can win

  6. #306
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,823

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Penn State upset them today, and we are definitely a better team than Penn State, I think if we play well, we can win
    I don't really think that was an upset, Michigan just isn't very good.

  7. #307
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,260

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really think that was an upset, Michigan just isn't very good.
    I agree with you there, Michigan really just isn't that good, almost beat by Akron and Uconn, and now beat by Penn State, IU can definitely beat them if we show up to play

  8. #308
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,912

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Penn State upset them today, and we are definitely a better team than Penn State, I think if we play well, we can win
    Not to sound really negative, because I agree with your point of potentially beating Michigan next weekend, but I think it's equally likely that we "upset" Penn State as them "upsetting" Michigan. I don't agree that we are definitely a better team.

  9. #309
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,816

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Its 9:59 and Michigan still sucks

    As for IU beating PSU last weekend, I wasnt surprised. Road game, freshman qb, defense has holes, IU has a strong uptempo offense. Just like the UCF game. I think they looked ahead to Michigan too. If IU plays at PSU, PSU wins that game imo. But they didn't.

    Michigan is a good team. Gardner is a damn good QB. And in the Big House? Sorry, I don't see IU having a great chance. And yeah I know Akron almost won there. You can't underrate what its like going into enemy territory where you have 110,000 people screaming at you. That will get to you at times in the game. You saw it tonight with Michigan. That was the first time the majority of those players had been to Beaver Stadium. You will see it with IU when they play at the Big House.

    PSU beating Michigan is an upset. Utah over Stanford upset? No, but Michigan should have won this game. Each team lost the game about 4 or 5 different times. It took about five years off my life too. But playing in Happy Valley is pretty damn tough. Especially when they oversell the student section by 4000 tickets.

  10. #310
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,912

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    I actually liked our chances at winning a lot more before Penn State beat them tonight. They are going to be pissed off and tired of hearing people talk about how much they suck all week.

  11. #311
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,260

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    I truly do think Indiana can beat Michigan next week, since Michigan's defense is not very good, I think we can put up points, the key is can our defense get some stops now and then, which I think they can, but even if we do lose, it won't kill our bowl chances, win our home games, and we go bowling, it as simple as that (We should be favored in all of our home games)

  12. #312
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,912

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I truly do think Indiana can beat Michigan next week, since Michigan's defense is not very good, I think we can put up points, the key is can our defense get some stops now and then, which I think they can, but even if we do lose, it won't kill our bowl chances, win our home games, and we go bowling, it as simple as that (We should be favored in all of our home games)
    I think we can beat them but I don't think they will, especially since I will be in among the 100,000 or so people in attendance. I'm a death knell to Hoosier football. Never won a game I've gone to.

    Truth be told, I don't really care all that much about our bowl chances. I'm too competitive and hate losing too much to take solace in stuff like that.

  13. #313

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually liked our chances at winning a lot more before Penn State beat them tonight. They are going to be pissed off and tired of hearing people talk about how much they suck all week.
    If the near-miss against Akron didn't do that, I'm not sure what will.


    That said, I fully expect them to hang at least 40 on us.

  14. #314
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,818

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    The offense is good. My only two complaints are O-Line (but that's in large part a result of injuries so no control there) and beating a dead horse on the stretch play with Coleman. That play will not work against legit comp period.

    My impression is overall the talent level is up, and I'll buy (to a degree) that the defense is much more inexperienced/developing than the offense. Still, it's hard to fathom how absolutely horrible the defense is playing. Exact same performance and problems as every unit since head coach Mallory's departure. I am all for Mallory Jr.'s pink slip. I think the D should at least be consistently better than it is now...and that's not saying much.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  15. #315

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But you are referring to a totally different team, with totally different players, and totally different coaches, this is one of the best Indiana football teams we have had probably since our 2007 bowl team
    A team this year that has already proved me right this year by losing to Navy. This might be better team than it has been in years. But its still not a good team.

  16. #316
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,780
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Just read Quan Lyle is down to a few. I hope he picks Memphis he is nothing but trouble IMO. I think he is more trouble than it is worth. He seems like a perfect fit for Memphis. That place has turned into a place top recruits flame out not a fan of their style of ball.

  17. #317
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,823

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just read Quan Lyle is down to a few. I hope he picks Memphis he is nothing but trouble IMO. I think he is more trouble than it is worth. He seems like a perfect fit for Memphis. That place has turned into a place top recruits flame out not a fan of their style of ball.
    yeah, Lyle and Pastner seem like the perfect marriage. Lyle can go down there and do whatever he wants and Pastner won't give a ****.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  19. #318
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,912

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah, Lyle and Pastner seem like the perfect marriage. Lyle can go down there and do whatever he wants and Pastner won't give a ****.
    Yeah, I want nothing to do with JaQuan Lyle's crazy. This entire 2014 class in Indiana is pretty ****ed up honestly. My favorite of the bunch is McIntosh. I think he was a great pickup for Northwestern.

  20. #319
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,823

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I want nothing to do with JaQuan Lyle's crazy. This entire 2014 class in Indiana is pretty ****ed up honestly. My favorite of the bunch is McIntosh. I think he was a great pickup for Northwestern.
    Yeah, I like McIntosh a lot too, and honestly I'm pretty bummed he left ISU. Not because he went to NW over PU or anything. I mean, Northwestern degree compared to an ISU degree, y'know. Not even accounting for PT, none of those kids are [should] be counting on a post-NCAA career, so I definitely understand his choice. I just really like what Lansing's doing down in the Haute and want to see him get players to put them in a solid position before he bolts to a bigger program.

  21. #320
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,912

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Apparently Derrik Smits has been stepping up his game in the Indy Fall League and is still expected to grow to 7' by the time he enters college--he's already 6'11. For the life of me I don't know why Indiana hasn't been all over him earlier, but I really hope we get involved and make a strong push to land Smits. I think the nostalgia factor alone would instantly make him one of my favorite Hoosiers, assuming he's a remotely competent big man (ie, not Hanner Perea or Peter Jurkin).

  22. #321
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Well, we play Michigan today. My prediction: 45-31 Wolverines.

  23. #322
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,780
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently Derrik Smits has been stepping up his game in the Indy Fall League and is still expected to grow to 7' by the time he enters college--he's already 6'11. For the life of me I don't know why Indiana hasn't been all over him earlier, but I really hope we get involved and make a strong push to land Smits. I think the nostalgia factor alone would instantly make him one of my favorite Hoosiers, assuming he's a remotely competent big man (ie, not Hanner Perea or Peter Jurkin).
    Xavier is after him hard and have been for a while. They offered him when he was off the radar. I think he would be a solid big at Xavier. They recruit for size and their bigs get the ball. I would think his role at Xavier would be hard to turn down. Plus the belief they have shown in him. I have no idea what he and his family will consider, but I hope he goes there. I bet he ends up at Butler or Xavier both have been all over him since the start.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-19-2013 at 11:25 AM.

  24. #323
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    How can a program be this consistently AWFUL on defense?

    47 points and over 500 yards aren't enough to win with a defense this friggin pathetic. If Doug Mallory has a job on Sunday morning then it's clear the athletics department doesn't believe in accountability.

  25. #324
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,089

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How can a program be this consistently AWFUL on defense?

    47 points and over 500 yards aren't enough to win with a defense this friggin pathetic. If Doug Mallory has a job on Sunday morning then it's clear the athletics department doesn't believe in accountability.
    They remind me so much of the RichRod era Michigan teams. IU's offense almost scores too fast. 38:30 to 21:30 time of possession advantage for Michigan.

    IU needs to slow the game down a little on offense. I think they've got the talent to still be successful without going quite so fast.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  27. #325

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Ithink a goood division 3school could put up. 45 on that grade a dog%$&@ defense iu has.

Similar Threads

  1. 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 05:44 PM
  2. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  3. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 3263
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM
  4. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Indiana University 2010-2011 Men's Basketball Thread
    By Trader Joe in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 787
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •