Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we can't beat three cupcakes we are favored against, why in gods name would we be able to beat three big ten teams we should beat.
    What 3 cupcakes are you referring too?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    What 3 cupcakes are you referring too?
    ANY

Thats the point. Going back YEARS you can look at winnable/favored games. And we haven't won three in a row. Whether its Mac teams, FCS schools, whatever. This team comes up small too often to win 3 games in a row, even if its 3 games they are supposed to win.

So don't tell me they are likely to win these three games because we should be favored. Because frankly even against the cupcakes we pay to beat, we are only around a .500 team against.

As much as I'm disgusted with our performance today, I wouldn't be shocked if our Jekyll & Hyde routine continues with a win at the Big House next weekend. Michigan sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    ANY

Thats the point. Going back YEARS you can look at winnable/favored games. And we haven't won three in a row. Whether its Mac teams, FCS schools, whatever. This team comes up small too often to win 3 games in a row, even if its 3 games they are supposed to win.

So don't tell me they are likely to win these three games because we should be favored. Because frankly even against the cupcakes we pay to beat, we are only around a .500 team against.
    But you are referring to a totally different team, with totally different players, and totally different coaches, this is one of the best Indiana football teams we have had probably since our 2007 bowl team

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    As much as I'm disgusted with our performance today, I wouldn't be shocked if our Jekyll & Hyde routine continues with a win at the Big House next weekend. Michigan sucks.
    Penn State upset them today, and we are definitely a better team than Penn State, I think if we play well, we can win

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Penn State upset them today, and we are definitely a better team than Penn State, I think if we play well, we can win
    I don't really think that was an upset, Michigan just isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't really think that was an upset, Michigan just isn't very good.
    I agree with you there, Michigan really just isn't that good, almost beat by Akron and Uconn, and now beat by Penn State, IU can definitely beat them if we show up to play

Not to sound really negative, because I agree with your point of potentially beating Michigan next weekend, but I think it's equally likely that we "upset" Penn State as them "upsetting" Michigan. I don't agree that we are definitely a better team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Its 9:59 and Michigan still sucks

As for IU beating PSU last weekend, I wasnt surprised. Road game, freshman qb, defense has holes, IU has a strong uptempo offense. Just like the UCF game. I think they looked ahead to Michigan too. If IU plays at PSU, PSU wins that game imo. But they didn't.

Michigan is a good team. Gardner is a damn good QB. And in the Big House? Sorry, I don't see IU having a great chance. And yeah I know Akron almost won there. You can't underrate what its like going into enemy territory where you have 110,000 people screaming at you. That will get to you at times in the game. You saw it tonight with Michigan. That was the first time the majority of those players had been to Beaver Stadium. You will see it with IU when they play at the Big House.

PSU beating Michigan is an upset. Utah over Stanford upset? No, but Michigan should have won this game. Each team lost the game about 4 or 5 different times. It took about five years off my life too. But playing in Happy Valley is pretty damn tough. Especially when they oversell the student section by 4000 tickets.

I actually liked our chances at winning a lot more before Penn State beat them tonight. They are going to be pissed off and tired of hearing people talk about how much they suck all week.

I truly do think Indiana can beat Michigan next week, since Michigan's defense is not very good, I think we can put up points, the key is can our defense get some stops now and then, which I think they can, but even if we do lose, it won't kill our bowl chances, win our home games, and we go bowling, it as simple as that (We should be favored in all of our home games)

I truly do think Indiana can beat Michigan next week, since Michigan's defense is not very good, I think we can put up points, the key is can our defense get some stops now and then, which I think they can, but even if we do lose, it won't kill our bowl chances, win our home games, and we go bowling, it as simple as that (We should be favored in all of our home games)
    I think we can beat them but I don't think they will, especially since I will be in among the 100,000 or so people in attendance. I'm a death knell to Hoosier football. Never won a game I've gone to.

Truth be told, I don't really care all that much about our bowl chances. I'm too competitive and hate losing too much to take solace in stuff like that.

I actually liked our chances at winning a lot more before Penn State beat them tonight. They are going to be pissed off and tired of hearing people talk about how much they suck all week.
    If the near-miss against Akron didn't do that, I'm not sure what will.

That said, I fully expect them to hang at least 40 on us.

The offense is good. My only two complaints are O-Line (but that's in large part a result of injuries so no control there) and beating a dead horse on the stretch play with Coleman. That play will not work against legit comp period.

My impression is overall the talent level is up, and I'll buy (to a degree) that the defense is much more inexperienced/developing than the offense. Still, it's hard to fathom how absolutely horrible the defense is playing. Exact same performance and problems as every unit since head coach Mallory's departure. I am all for Mallory Jr.'s pink slip. I think the D should at least be consistently better than it is now...and that's not saying much.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

But you are referring to a totally different team, with totally different players, and totally different coaches, this is one of the best Indiana football teams we have had probably since our 2007 bowl team
    A team this year that has already proved me right this year by losing to Navy. This might be better team than it has been in years. But its still not a good team.

Mood

Just read Quan Lyle is down to a few. I hope he picks Memphis he is nothing but trouble IMO. I think he is more trouble than it is worth. He seems like a perfect fit for Memphis. That place has turned into a place top recruits flame out not a fan of their style of ball.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Just read Quan Lyle is down to a few. I hope he picks Memphis he is nothing but trouble IMO. I think he is more trouble than it is worth. He seems like a perfect fit for Memphis. That place has turned into a place top recruits flame out not a fan of their style of ball.
    yeah, Lyle and Pastner seem like the perfect marriage. Lyle can go down there and do whatever he wants and Pastner won't give a ****.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    yeah, Lyle and Pastner seem like the perfect marriage. Lyle can go down there and do whatever he wants and Pastner won't give a ****.
    Yeah, I want nothing to do with JaQuan Lyle's crazy. This entire 2014 class in Indiana is pretty ****ed up honestly. My favorite of the bunch is McIntosh. I think he was a great pickup for Northwestern.

Sports Logo

Yeah, I want nothing to do with JaQuan Lyle's crazy. This entire 2014 class in Indiana is pretty ****ed up honestly. My favorite of the bunch is McIntosh. I think he was a great pickup for Northwestern.
    Yeah, I like McIntosh a lot too, and honestly I'm pretty bummed he left ISU. Not because he went to NW over PU or anything. I mean, Northwestern degree compared to an ISU degree, y'know. Not even accounting for PT, none of those kids are [should] be counting on a post-NCAA career, so I definitely understand his choice. I just really like what Lansing's doing down in the Haute and want to see him get players to put them in a solid position before he bolts to a bigger program.

Apparently Derrik Smits has been stepping up his game in the Indy Fall League and is still expected to grow to 7' by the time he enters college--he's already 6'11. For the life of me I don't know why Indiana hasn't been all over him earlier, but I really hope we get involved and make a strong push to land Smits. I think the nostalgia factor alone would instantly make him one of my favorite Hoosiers, assuming he's a remotely competent big man (ie, not Hanner Perea or Peter Jurkin).

Well, we play Michigan today. My prediction: 45-31 Wolverines.

Mood

Apparently Derrik Smits has been stepping up his game in the Indy Fall League and is still expected to grow to 7' by the time he enters college--he's already 6'11. For the life of me I don't know why Indiana hasn't been all over him earlier, but I really hope we get involved and make a strong push to land Smits. I think the nostalgia factor alone would instantly make him one of my favorite Hoosiers, assuming he's a remotely competent big man (ie, not Hanner Perea or Peter Jurkin).
    Xavier is after him hard and have been for a while. They offered him when he was off the radar. I think he would be a solid big at Xavier. They recruit for size and their bigs get the ball. I would think his role at Xavier would be hard to turn down. Plus the belief they have shown in him. I have no idea what he and his family will consider, but I hope he goes there. I bet he ends up at Butler or Xavier both have been all over him since the start.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-19-2013 at 11:25 AM.

How can a program be this consistently AWFUL on defense?

47 points and over 500 yards aren't enough to win with a defense this friggin pathetic. If Doug Mallory has a job on Sunday morning then it's clear the athletics department doesn't believe in accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    How can a program be this consistently AWFUL on defense?

47 points and over 500 yards aren't enough to win with a defense this friggin pathetic. If Doug Mallory has a job on Sunday morning then it's clear the athletics department doesn't believe in accountability.
    They remind me so much of the RichRod era Michigan teams. IU's offense almost scores too fast. 38:30 to 21:30 time of possession advantage for Michigan.

IU needs to slow the game down a little on offense. I think they've got the talent to still be successful without going quite so fast.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

26. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:

Ithink a goood division 3school could put up. 45 on that grade a dog%$&@ defense iu has.