Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1757

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

  1. #1476
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I usually enjoy your perspective, but this is dumb. It's a pay-for-play tournament and Hoosier fans weren't exactly thrilled with the notion of going to the NIT. The CBI is a joke.
    The only experience I have with the CBI is when Butler played in it a year after consecutive Final Four trips. Brad Stevens said he thought it was valuable as a teaching tool for his young team.

    And IU would make money by being in the tournament. It would have had all home games.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  2. #1477
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014




    I hope that is Crean's major opponent. Bravo, dipshit. That being said, I fully expect them to beat us.

  3. #1478
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only experience I have with the CBI is when Butler played in it a year after consecutive Final Four trips. Brad Stevens said he thought it was valuable as a teaching tool for his young team.

    And IU would make money by being in the tournament. It would have had all home games.
    I just don't think the support from the fanbase was there for it. Hell, it was barely there for the NIT. I have absolutely no problem with IU passing on the CBI.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  5. #1479

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only experience I have with the CBI is when Butler played in it a year after consecutive Final Four trips. Brad Stevens said he thought it was valuable as a teaching tool for his young team.

    And IU would make money by being in the tournament. It would have had all home games.
    That was Painter's reasoning for accepting it last year. This year he said it wouldn't be worth it. Helps when half the team won't be gone though I guess.

  6. #1480
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Not shocking they didn't make the NIT. There were few at large bids compared to most years.

  7. #1481
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just don't think the support from the fanbase was there for it. Hell, it was barely there for the NIT. I have absolutely no problem with IU passing on the CBI.
    For the record, I have no problem with IU passing on the CBI. I just think saying it's simply because "we're Indiana" is a pretty arrogant way of approaching things.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  8. #1482
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the record, I have no problem with IU passing on the CBI. I just think saying it's simply because "we're Indiana" is a pretty arrogant way of approaching things.
    I never saw anything from Fred Glass or Tom Crean, or really anything at all that gave that sort of reasoning for them passing on the CBI.

  9. #1483
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,299

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never saw anything from Fred Glass or Tom Crean, or really anything at all that gave that sort of reasoning for them passing on the CBI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Glass, IndyStar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Finances wouldn't be an issue if we thought it made sense," Glass told The Star. "But we're Indiana. We don't play in the CBI."
    http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...f-nit/6505707/
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  10. #1484
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hm. Well okay. I still don't have a problem with it.

  11. #1485
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,240
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Lol we're Indiana we don't play in the CBI.....but our student section does storm the court versus Wisconsin. We're INDIANA!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  13. #1486
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    I don't have a problem with the concept of saying we're Indiana we don't play in the CBI, but my issue is that Fred Glass doesn't see the issue with the whole season being not up to snuff.

    Grab a shovel and dig, dude.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  15. #1487
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,240
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    I have a problem with him saying "we're Indiana, we don't play the CBI". First, it's 100% smug and that is not what Hoosiers are about. Working class people try to be polite and despise it when someone takes this attitude toward them so why is anyone ok with it being done here. Second, he's pissing all over a tournament that plenty of schools would have happily played in, and he's doing it for no reason. You don't think it makes financial sense to play in the CBI, fine. Say that. Don't talk down to it like you're above it. Even if you think you're above it you don't say it. What a smug *******. Seriously. It would serve him right for Penn State to go and win it.
    Last edited by travmil; 03-17-2014 at 12:20 PM.

  16. #1488
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,274

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    I have no problem with IU passing on the CBI. I was on the fence as to whether I'd even watch them in the NIT.

  17. #1489
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,274

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a problem with him saying "we're Indiana, we don't play the CBI". First, it's 100% smug and that is not what Hoosiers are about. Working class people try to be polite and despise it when someone takes this attitude toward them so why is anyone ok with it being done here. Second, he's pissing all over a tournament that plenty of schools would have happily played in, and he's doing it for no reason. You don't think it makes financial sense to play in the CBI, fine. Say that. Don't talk down to it like you're above it. Even if you think you're above it you don't say it. What a smug *******. Seriously. It would serve him right for Penn State to go and win it.
    I agree that it probably wasn't the best phrasing. I agree with the sentiment, but still.

  18. #1490
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Tom Crean. Master tweeter.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  20. #1491
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    The fact that he is tweeting out coaching tips on today of all days is really amazing.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #1492
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Between Glass yesterday, and Crean today, IU could really use a good PR person to step up to the plate.

  22. #1493
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a problem with him saying "we're Indiana, we don't play the CBI". First, it's 100% smug and that is not what Hoosiers are about. Working class people try to be polite and despise it when someone takes this attitude toward them so why is anyone ok with it being done here. Second, he's pissing all over a tournament that plenty of schools would have happily played in, and he's doing it for no reason. You don't think it makes financial sense to play in the CBI, fine. Say that. Don't talk down to it like you're above it. Even if you think you're above it you don't say it. What a smug *******. Seriously. It would serve him right for Penn State to go and win it.
    Aren't we the same fan base that is always reminding everyone about our banners? Glass just seems to be echoing that, but my point that he seems to miss is that we should not be in a situation at this point where the CBI is saying "Hey we can get Indiana to come play!"

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #1494
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Between Glass yesterday, and Crean today, IU could really use a good PR person to step up to the plate.
    Tom Crean is a raving lunatic. Watch how spectacularly this bomb is going to explode over the next year or two when the criticisms get louder and louder. He's going to snap.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  25. #1495
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tom Crean. Master tweeter.
    You know, I actually admired the way Painter took responsibility for the failings of your team this year. I mean frankly, he didn't say anything that wasn't obvious, but at least he wasn't making excuses or dodging blame.

  26. #1496
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know, I actually admired the way Painter took responsibility for the failings of your team this year. I mean frankly, he didn't say anything that wasn't obvious, but at least he wasn't making excuses or dodging blame.
    Painter is a year ahead of Crean on the "is my *** gonna get fired?" race. Maybe it's like the stages of grief, and next year, Crean shoulders some of the blame for his BS non-conference scheduling and horrible mismanagement of players.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  28. #1497
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,101

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    A good reason to pass on the CBI was there was a very real chance of losing out of the box. If you want to speed up the hotness of Crean's seat, imagine what that would've done!

    Saying 'We're Indiana and we don't play in the CBI' MIGHT'VE made some sense IF IU had been decimated by injuries and so had an uncharacteristic bad season and just needed to let some players heal. The fact is, it doesn't matter what the name of the team is, this season sucked because Crean couldn't maximize his players. And that is because he's not a top-tier level college coach.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  30. #1498

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Just realized when people said Smart they were talking about Shaka, not Keith. I was pretty tired whatever day I was talking about that.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  32. #1499
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,381

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    GUYS, FRET NOT, OUR WOMEN'S TEAM HAS MADE THE WNIT. **** THA HATERZ

  33. #1500

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    You guys kill me ......... you say you wouldn't watch them in the CBI, but I'd bet you were glued to the screen watching them play Samford.

    You sound almost as arrogant and cocky as Glass did in declining the invite.

    And you know you would be watching if they were in the CBI. Yes - you would.

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 05:44 PM
  2. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  3. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 3263
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM
  4. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Indiana University 2010-2011 Men's Basketball Thread
    By Trader Joe in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 787
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •