Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1757

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

  1. #1226
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,797

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you Peegs message board.

    Why is their message board format straight out of 1996?

  2. #1227
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The two biggest cash crop sports are football and basketball, and Glass has whiffed mightly on both.
    He's made one football hire, and I'm not willing to call that a whiff yet.

    The basketball hire, let's not forget the fact that no one wanted the job. I'm not willing to throw Glass out the window yet. I like Glass.

  3. #1228
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    The roof of Assembly Hall is literally caving in right now. I mean I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this point.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  5. #1229

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Well, if we needed any more confirmation the sky was falling on IU basketball...

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  7. #1230
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,797

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's made one football hire, and I'm not willing to call that a whiff yet.

    The basketball hire, let's not forget the fact that no one wanted the job. I'm not willing to throw Glass out the window yet. I like Glass.
    Glass wasn't the one who hired Crean. Crean was hired in April 2008 by Greenspan when he was on the way out. Glass was hired six months later.

    It's hard to criticize Glass for anything football related considering that IU football would be a failure even if we could resurrect Knute Rockne to coach.

  8. #1231
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,488

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Honestly, I'm not surprised by this. Anyone who has been in AH in the past 3 years has to have noticed the ceiling sagging. I actually commented on it earlier this season.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  10. #1232
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, his personnel decisions have not been great. Yeah he's gotten the funding for stuff to get built, but I honestly feel like just about anyone could have done that, maybe that's unfair, but big schools have that kind of ability
    He kept Tracy Smith around when he had one foot out the door to Ohio State. He hired Curt Miller to perform miracle work on our women's basketball program, which has historically had about as much success as our baseball program previous to Smith's arrival. Crean was a bad hire, but the other options available were not great, and it's not like it was a Kelvin Sampson-level disaster, and that's coming from someone who's disliked the Crean hire from pretty much Day 1.

    Glass deserves some blame, but let's not blow it out of proportion here.

  11. #1233
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glass wasn't the one who hired Crean. Crean was hired in April 2008 by Greenspan when he was on the way out. Glass was hired six months later.

    It's hard to criticize Glass for anything football related considering that IU football would be a failure even if we could resurrect Knute Rockne to coach.
    See I was wrong even there.

  12. #1234
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,797

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, I'm not surprised by this. Anyone who has been in AH in the past 3 years has to have noticed the ceiling sagging. I actually commented on it earlier this season.
    We should just build a new arena and completely tear the toilet down.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  14. #1235
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should just build a new arena and completely tear the toilet down.
    Sounds like the perfect excuse to just forfeit the rest of the season.

  15. #1236

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Great, now a piece of metal has seen more time on the court than Peter Jurkin.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  17. #1237
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,661

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    video of the beam or whatever falling. what the hell, I thought Assembly was just outdated, not falling apart.

    https://vine.co/v/MZJAjqL76En/

  18. #1238
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,797

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    video of the beam or whatever falling. what the hell, I thought Assembly was just outdated, not falling apart.

    https://vine.co/v/MZJAjqL76En/

    If that happens just a few hours later, it's definitely a multiple fatality incident. Whoever had those tickets for tonight's game must have chills going up their spine right now.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  20. #1239
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,661

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that happens just a few hours later, it's definitely a multiple fatality incident. Whoever had those tickets for tonight's game must have chills going up their spine right now.
    Yeah, that's not just a little thin piece or something, that's a damn beam. That'd definitely kill someone, and pretty graphically.

  21. #1240

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's made one football hire, and I'm not willing to call that a whiff yet.

    The basketball hire, let's not forget the fact that no one wanted the job. I'm not willing to throw Glass out the window yet. I like Glass.
    there was interest. it just wasn't reciprocated by those in charge of hiring.

  22. #1241
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    there was interest. it just wasn't reciprocated by those in charge of hiring.
    I'm not arguing, but who? We all heard the Lon Kruger stuff.

  23. #1242

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not arguing, but who? We all heard the Lon Kruger stuff.
    well, i recall hearing about skiles and pitino. but that was around the time rick got some woman not known as his wife pregnant and she had an abortion. the university wanted to stay away from any more negative associations after the samscum debacle.

  24. #1243

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Heard about the beam falling on the radio. When I heard breaking news with IU basketball I really hoped Crean had been let go. Sad it was this instead. Other than Glass giving Crean and extension I have no problem with anything he did.

    Judging by Wilsons comments, he had to have been the one behind the Mallory firing. Wilson has one last year. He got rid of Freitag and got us our 8th National Championship.

  25. #1244
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well, i recall hearing about skiles and pitino. but that was around the time rick got some woman not known as his wife pregnant and she had an abortion. the university wanted to stay away from any more negative associations after the samscum debacle.
    Pitino lobbied for the job when we gave it to Mike Davis. After he took the Louisville job, I don't think he ever expressed interest. As far as Skiles, I only heard his name speculated.

  26. #1245
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,797

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's not just a little thin piece or something, that's a damn beam. That'd definitely kill someone, and pretty graphically.
    Definitely. It would have been at the top of every newscast and on the front page of every newspaper in the country. A major tragedy was dodged by just a few hours.

  27. #1246

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pitino lobbied for the job when we gave it to Mike Davis. After he took the Louisville job, I don't think he ever expressed interest. As far as Skiles, I only heard his name speculated.
    it was during the davis era? i thought it was during the soon to be post davis era. it has been a few years so perhaps i was off on that.

  28. #1247

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    So does IU play another game in Assembly Hall this season? We seriously might not win another game if our remaining home games have to be played at BLF. IU is cursed in that building.

  29. #1248
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,486

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So does IU play another game in Assembly Hall this season? We seriously might not win another game if our remaining home games have to be played at BLF. IU is cursed in that building.
    Well, the women's team is playing there tomorrow night, so I assume they will. Glass said they inspected the building today and things seemed fine.

  30. #1249

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that's not just a little thin piece or something, that's a damn beam. That'd definitely kill someone, and pretty graphically.
    Am I missing something in the video? On the close up the falling piece looks a little flimsy as it bends when it hits the seats or floor. It certainly doesn't look like a steel beam that would crush a person.

  31. #1250
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,511

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I missing something in the video? On the close up the falling piece looks a little flimsy as it bends when it hits the seats or floor. It certainly doesn't look like a steel beam that would crush a person.
    Yeah, it seems fairly flimsy. The leading edge could certainly have been a fatal impact all things considered but that wasn't a steal beam.

    I think what it was was IU's season finally coming crashing down....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

Similar Threads

  1. 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 05:44 PM
  2. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  3. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 3263
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM
  4. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Indiana University 2010-2011 Men's Basketball Thread
    By Trader Joe in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 787
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •