Page 35 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 875 of 1757

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

  1. #851

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Congrats IU, you made my night laughing at these Badger fans.

  2. #852
    Member Miller_time04's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Martinsville
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,347
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    STAN THE MAN!

  3. #853
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,190
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do NOT condone this court storming though.
    To expect this generation of college students to not live in the moment, which we all did, is crazy. I didn't like it. IU should beat Wisconsin every time on their home court. That is what power houses should do to mid grade conference foes. But we aren't a powerhouse anymore. So storm away.

    Now if we storm against a mid-major or a lower ranked team....then college students are living too much in the moment. So I really don't blame them. Considering what the program has been through since Knight left we shouldn't expect students who were 5 to 9 years old to "uphold the pedigree". Two Big Ten championships since they were born.

    We aren't Kentucky. We aren't North Carolina. We aren't Duke.

  4. #854
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    I did not enjoy the court storming either. I appear to be in the minority but whatever. We're either freaking Indiana at AssemblY hall or we aren't. There is a reason Cal won't come back to the place. We should expect to beat number 3 Wiscy there in January. Just my opinion

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  6. #855
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stan Robinson...I can't say it enough. The kid can just get to the hoop. Start him, play him big, and reap the benefits.
    Agreed. Love me some Stan long time.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #856

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Ky fans are still butthurt over the 2011 game!

    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  9. #857

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ky fans are still butthurt over the 2011 game!

    To be fair Kentucky fans probably would say that about any court storming.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  11. #858
    Grow some nuts Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,737

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @Nebraska on Jan. 30 is screaming "bonehead loss."
    @ Nebraska would only be a bad loss to people that aren't paying attention the last couple years. No loss is ever a "good" loss obviously, but losing @ Lincoln isn't something to make fun of someone about anymore or anything. Ever since they joined the conference they've made a concerted effort to have a respectable hoops program and they absolutely do now. Tim Miles is a GREAT coach.

  12. #859
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair Kentucky fans probably would say that about any court storming.
    I agree with Cali on court storming. With thst said I can see why College students and coaches want to do it. Coaches preach we need the fans we need thr fans to win. So I do understand why some teams do it personally I wouldn't do it.


    Marble gets no love in the best pg discussion?

    I love conference play any team can beat anyone.

    I really agree with Crean IU played damn near flawless great performance. If I was Bo Ryan I wouldn't be too upset just tip my cao and move on.

  13. #860
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,491

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    I've actually gone the other way, completely, on the court storming. They are 18-21 year old college kids, in all likelihood, drunk. It's just fun for them. Who cares? Let them do it.

  14. #861

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Can someone explain to me why I should care if, like cdash said, drunk college kids storm the court after a HUGE win?

  15. #862

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ky fans are still butthurt over the 2011 game!

    What more proof do you need to see that IU/KY is an intense rivalry? Can't believe they ended that series.

    KY could also still be bitter of their recent loss, though AR didn't storm the court, well not entirely, I think a few students wandered on, including AR RB Alex Collins, before they had to push everyone back because there was .2 seconds left. Apparently a KY player got into a shouting match with a fan too.

    Er, back to the issue at hand. I literally said, out loud, "C'mon, don't rush the floor," and even a lot of people down here seem to find it strange that IU would rush the floor after beating Wisconsin, just because IU has the history that Wisconsin doesn't. I think it's just the trend these days and I don't really get to upset about it, as long as it no one gets hurt.

    I also think the Watford shot game was a special circumstance. If they had just rushed that one time and never again I'd be happy.
    Last edited by Ransom; 01-16-2014 at 02:50 AM.

  16. #863

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    The Indiana-Kentucky rivalry has to be renewed, I think it would be a good game if our guys showed up to play, Kentucky isn't anything special

  17. #864

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Why are people assuming the kids are drunk rushing the floor?

  18. #865

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why are people assuming the kids are drunk rushing the floor?
    because a lot of them are

  19. #866

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    because a lot of them are
    Not when I went to the games.

  20. #867
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,491

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not when I went to the games.
    Oh yeah? You personally breathalyze all of them?

    All I know is that when I was in those end seats on the court I don't care who we were playing I was getting lit for it.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  22. #868

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh yeah? You personally breathalyze all of them?

    All I know is that when I was in those end seats on the court I don't care who we were playing I was getting lit for it.
    You realize you are using the same logical fallacy. Why smuggle in booze to dampen a great memory.

  23. #869

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone explain to me why I should care if, like cdash said, drunk college kids storm the court after a HUGE win?
    Topics IU fans have *****ed about and created multi-paged threads to crap their pants on various message boards:

    1) The Big Ten logo being placed on the floor of Assembly Hall and how it "ruined the purity of the sacred court."

    2) Putting a "no charge zone" circle in the paint, for the same reason mentioned above.

    3) Having a scoreboard that shows advertisements.

    4) Students having the nerve to hold up cardboard objects during games.

    5) People having the nerve to be happy about an outright Big Ten title when the season ended with a loss.

    6) Court-storming.


    We're a passionate fanbase, but many of our fans overvalue our basketball program and think everyone around the country still views us like they did in 1987.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:


  25. #870
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,491

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are using the same logical fallacy. Why smuggle in booze to dampen a great memory.
    All I said was that I did it, and the group that I got tickets with got drunk as well. Most of the people I know made a big production out of their rare opportunities in those seats. I don't think that it's going out on a limb to say that "a lot" of people are drunk. I disagree about it "dampening" the memory. To others, it enhances it. You are in college, after all.

    That's really the main point here too: Drunk or not, these kids are in college. They want to have fun, they want to be part of something, they want to celebrate. If it includes them running out onto the court to embrace one another and jump around, then let them have their fun. It's one of the many experiences (if you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to be part of one) that make IU special. My immediate reaction was against it, because my crusty old alumni "act like you've been here before" reaction kicked in.

  26. #871

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    I'm hearing Manny Diaz will be our new defensive coordinator
    Last edited by BlueCollarColts; 01-17-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    Welcome back George Hill!

  27. #872
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,194

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm hearing Manny Diaz will be our new defensive coordinator
    Hoping this is a joke?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  28. #873
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,491

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hoping this is a joke?
    Indiana football is a joke...so yeah, pretty much.

  29. #874

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Its not 100% he will be, but its looking like it. The guy did turn around the Mississippi State defense
    Welcome back George Hill!

  30. #875

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    For the record, the Manny Diaz to IU story is only a rumor at this point, so it is not a forgone conclusion
    Welcome back George Hill!

Similar Threads

  1. 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 05:44 PM
  2. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  3. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 3263
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM
  4. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Indiana University 2010-2011 Men's Basketball Thread
    By Trader Joe in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 787
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •