Page 24 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 1757

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

  1. #576
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Also, can we scrap the zone defense altogether? Notre Dame can shoot the three and whenever we play it the other team always gets an easy basket.

    'tis a shame we have to sit through a year of mediocrity because we can't get anyone better to lead this program. Crean did his part and made us competitive but we will never be an elite program with him on the sidelines.

  2. #577

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no way this IU team loses to this Notre Dame team. ND has the worst coach in any of the major conferences, and they have no big men. It will be an easy win for IU.
    I was way wrong. 0 points from Williams and just 8 from Vonleh hurt IU. I expected those two to carry the load.

  3. #578
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was way wrong. 0 points from Williams and just 8 from Vonleh hurt IU. I expected those two to carry the load.
    Unless you're Kentucky you can't rely on freshmen consistently, especially away from home.

  4. #579

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless you're Kentucky you can't rely on freshmen consistently, especially away from home.
    This isn't really a road environment though. I thought IU's big men would have a nice game against the ND big men, and Williams would be able to get to the hoop pretty easily. The inexperience from IU does hurt in games like this, as Gordon and Sheehey leading the team showed.

  5. #580

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they already play each other in the big10 season. at least once sometimes twice.
    it's the (dumb) conference rules that prevent IU and Purdue from playing in it. years like this one where we only play once in conference we should be allowed to play in the CC. personally I love it, I wish they'd expand it.

  6. #581

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's the (dumb) conference rules that prevent IU and Purdue from playing in it. years like this one where we only play once in conference we should be allowed to play in the CC. personally I love it, I wish they'd expand it.
    i agree. in years where we only play once in the season- let them play at the cc.
    they should play at least twice every year.

  7. #582
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,301

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    For the record, the Crossroads Classic is awesome. I get to watch my three favorite teams and root against Notre Dame. It's great. I'll take that over another matchup with Southeastern North Dakota Tech in Assembly Hall.

    I do think IU & Purdue should be able to play when they only have 1 B1G game. Although, if that B1G game is scheduled to be in Bloomington, it's essentially giving IU two home games against their rival.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  9. #583
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    'tis a shame we have to sit through a year of mediocrity because we can't get anyone better to lead this program. Crean did his part and made us competitive but we will never be an elite program with him on the sidelines.
    Welcome to the wagon, sir. I'm glad I didn't watch that Notre Dame game. I would have probably had a coronary. I've pretty much given up on watching IU basketball this year. It will just **** me off. Pacers, you have my undivided attention.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  11. #584
    year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,303

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Welcome to the wagon, sir. I'm glad I didn't watch that Notre Dame game. I would have probably had a coronary. I've pretty much given up on watching IU basketball this year. It will just **** me off. Pacers, you have my undivided attention.
    For the first time in ages, I'm all Pacers all the time; the Hoosiers are coming in a distant second. A friend and I have a tradition of going to one non-conference game each year, so I'll be at the Kennesaw State game this Sunday. I'm more excited about hitting up a few B-town eateries on gameday than I am the game itself. Just not feeling very invigorated by the Hoosiers right now. The class of non-conference home opponents isn't helping.

    Now the IU women's team--keep an eye on them. They're undefeated on the year so far. Curt Miller is doing a great job turning that program around in just his second year.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to obnoxiousmodesty For This Useful Post:


  13. #585
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless you're Kentucky you can't rely on freshmen consistently, especially away from home.
    Kentucky is 8-3 as well and their best win is either over a mediocre Providence or Boise State team.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #586
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Anyway, I'm really disappointed we lost that game. Don't have much to add besides that. This out of conference schedule is a disaster of a puke fest that I have zero interest in watching anymore. Good thing we play 10 games against essentially the same team over and over and over. That's my biggest complaint about Crean. I'd be fine with taking our lumps and coming out around .500 if they were games I actually wanted to watch.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  16. #587
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by obnoxiousmodesty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now the IU women's team--keep an eye on them. They're undefeated on the year so far. Curt Miller is doing a great job turning that program around in just his second year.
    Yeah, I love Curt Miller. I think he's fantastic. I live about 10 miles away from Bowling Green and they love him up here. Not exactly a huge basketball hotbed in the metro Toledo area, but people at the university speak very highly of him. Plus he's making some waves in recruiting.

  17. #588
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyway, I'm really disappointed we lost that game. Don't have much to add besides that. This out of conference schedule is a disaster of a puke fest that I have zero interest in watching anymore. Good thing we play 10 games against essentially the same team over and over and over. That's my biggest complaint about Crean. I'd be fine with taking our lumps and coming out around .500 if they were games I actually wanted to watch.
    We played three not bad teams and lost to them all. Two of those teams are ranked in the top 10 but Notre Dame is not good and we should have beaten them.

    The pre-conference schedule did not give us many chances to get a resume building win and we failed to capitalize on the limited opportunities we had.

  18. #589
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We played three not bad teams and lost to them all. Two of those teams are ranked in the top 10 but Notre Dame is not good and we should have beaten them.

    The pre-conference schedule did not give us many chances to get a resume building win and we failed to capitalize on the limited opportunities we had.
    I disagree with that. Notre Dame is a veteran team with a few really talented players. I didn't see IU winning that game.

  19. #590
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,839

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    I heard that we extended Crean's contract to 2035 after the loss on Saturday. Can anyone confirm?

  20. #591
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    IU has not made good coaching choices in the last twenty years to put it mildly. Curt Miller is the exception. It's amazing what hiring a good coach does to a program.

  21. #592
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree with that. Notre Dame is a veteran team with a few really talented players. I didn't see IU winning that game.
    Notre Dame had just gotten beat by some shitbird low major school at home the previous game, and have been generally disappointing all season. It was a bad loss.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  23. #593
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IU has not made good coaching choices in the last twenty years to put it mildly. Curt Miller is the exception. It's amazing what hiring a good coach does to a program.
    Glass has done pretty well for the most part. Yeagley as soccer coach, Tracy Smith (and KEEPING Tracy Smith) in baseball, Wilson might not be bad if he would just get rid of that dumb**** Mallory. Greenspan was a complete disaster though.

  24. #594
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Notre Dame had just gotten beat by some shitbird low major school at home the previous game, and have been generally disappointing all season. It was a bad loss.
    Again I will disagree only bad loss was to North Dakota. They should have beat Iowa ( and Iowa is a better team than IU). The INst game was ugly, but INst is a good team.

    I don't know how anyone could think an IU loss to that Notre Dame team is a bad loss. Notre Dame has a good program, and like I said veteran team. It is still too early to call them disappointing they are 8-3. With that said moving to the ACC isnt going to be kind. They have their hands full.


    Maybe I just view the IU team different than IU fans do. I am not high on IU at all. No shooting very little depth. Also one of the worst passing teams I have watched all year.

  25. #595
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,150

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard that we extended Crean's contract to 2035 after the loss on Saturday. Can anyone confirm?
    I've heard nothing about it. And that would be idiotic given the evidence that has been piling up regarding Crean's ceiling as IU coach.

    So let's hope they aren't that stupid because I don't see him finishing his contract that runs thru 2020. The honeymoon is over and the questions are starting to grow louder. They'll be deafening before 2020. No way an AD could be so oblivious to the growing question marks to rope the university into a contract like that. IMO
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  26. #596
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,839

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've heard nothing about it. And that would be idiotic given the evidence that has been piling up regarding Crean's ceiling as IU coach.

    So let's hope they aren't that stupid because I don't see him finishing his contract that runs thru 2020. The honeymoon is over and the questions are starting to grow louder. They'll be deafening before 2020. No way an AD could be so oblivious to the growing question marks to rope the university into a contract like that. IMO

    Don't worry, I was just being facetious.

  27. #597
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe I just view the IU team different than IU fans do. I am not high on IU at all. No shooting very little depth. Also one of the worst passing teams I have watched all year.
    You been reading this thread? None of us are high on this team.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  29. #598
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,150

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't worry, I was just being facetious.
    Whew... you scared me!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  30. #599
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You been reading this thread? None of us are high on this team.
    Then how can you call losing to ND bad? ND is a better team at this point IMO.

  31. #600
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,453

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then how can you call losing to ND bad? ND is a better team at this point IMO.
    After that game, yeah, I would agree. Before it? We had only lost two games to ranked teams, one of them being the #2 team in the country, so I thought we were probably the better team.

Similar Threads

  1. 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 05:44 PM
  2. Purdue 2012-2013 Athletics thread
    By Kegboy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 753
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:54 PM
  3. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2012-2013
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 3263
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM
  4. Indiana University Athletics Thread 2011-2012
    By cdash in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 2435
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 09:32 PM
  5. Indiana University 2010-2011 Men's Basketball Thread
    By Trader Joe in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 787
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •