Page 20 of 71 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Indiana University Athletics Thread 2013-2014

Wilson has killed most of my goodwill with him. Unlike Crean who never made excuses and just kept building the program by recruiting and building a culture, Wilson has tried to do with dumbass helmets and righteous indignation whenever someone brings up how ****** the team has been. This team has all the reason to be a bowl team and yet they've **** all over this season so badly that the bowl game won't even come down to the last week (Ohio State is going to murder train us). Really pretty embarrassing.

Wilson wants to act like he's building a culture then he needs to be less focused on uniforms and "bulletin board quotes" and more focused on an actual game plan. Giving up 554 yards or whatever was on the ground is ****ing insane. Blaming it all on Mallory isn't the right choice either, yes obviously his *** should be fired, but that was true after we scored 47 points against Michigan and lost, the time to fire Mallory was then and if not then, then it should have been after the Minny game where we put up 39 and lost.

Wilson shows ZERO leadership, just none. It is on excuse after another and someone should have called his ******** after the Navy loss when he basically made it sound like no one in the history of football has ever beaten Navy's mystical option offense. I understand it is a ******** offense, but Wilson made it seem like it was straight voodoo that no one would ever be able to strategize against. Navy got beat by ****ing Western Kentucky two weeks after they beat us. I'm just sick of Wilson's excuses.

It was fun at first having a confident coach bordering on arrogant who didn't take **** about the program, but after 3 years of empty promises of improvement (I'm sorry, but I don't see them as improved over last year), I'm pretty much tired of his ******** whining about Navy or the media.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IU men's soccer, amidst a largely embarrassing season, still found a way into their 27th consecutive NCAA Tournament by winning the Big Ten Tournament Championship 1-0 over Sparty today. They certainly come to play when it matters.
    And with no excuses. They sucked all year and basically said as much from the get go, but they just kept working and got better and better and now their talent is starting to shine. Absolute opposite of the dogshit football team who just wallows in self pity.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I'm interested in this as well. We get to find out this week, although none of the potential opponents in the 2k Classic are exactly world-beaters. I know UConn is ranked but I'm not buying what they're selling. I'll be in NYC during the event staying right by the Garden. I might have to catch a game to see these refs in person.

You can see improvement in this team though. It will take time, but I think we will be hitting our stride as the B1G season arrives.
    Well I think Noah has obviously served notice that everyone forgot about him way too quickly while getting hyped about the other freshman. He's been brilliant.

At the moment IU trails Akron 3 to 2. When I first checked they were down 3 to 1. So lets hope they can steal this one

Hoosiers season came to an end last night, but props to the seniors, they brought in every piece of hardware possible and gave us the 8th star. We have a real chance for 9 in the next cycle of players too.

These young Hoosiers are crazy fun to watch. It's nice to have a starting lineup full of athletes. I like Hulls and Watford, but man the difference in athleticism is pretty big this year on the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    These young Hoosiers are crazy fun to watch. It's nice to have a starting lineup full of athletes. I like Hulls and Watford, but man the difference in athleticism is pretty big this year on the boards.
    No kidding. I thought they ran a lot last year but my word they are a veritable blitzkrieg this year. I know Noah is getting a lot of buzz and would likely be a lottery pick if he left--but man, if he stayed...we could be a monster team next season with the shooters we have coming in. Plus if he polishes his raw offensive game, he would be in the conversation for the top pick next year. (Please stay, Noah)

How do Vonleh's first five collegiate games compare to ex-Hoosier Cody Zeller's?

Vonleh: 15.4 points, 11.8 rebounds, 0.8 steals and 1 block per game.
    Zeller: 14.6 points, 7.6 rebounds, 2.6 steals and 1 block per game.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    How do Vonleh's first five collegiate games compare to ex-Hoosier Cody Zeller's?

Vonleh: 15.4 points, 11.8 rebounds, 0.8 steals and 1 block per game.
    Zeller: 14.6 points, 7.6 rebounds, 2.6 steals and 1 block per game.
    And 2010 future one-and-done Hanner's first five games last season...
    Perea: 2.4 points, 2.6 rebounds, 0.2 steals and 0.4 blocks per game.

And Hanner's first five games this season...
    Perea: 4.2 points, 2.2 rebounds, 0.2 steals and 0.4 blocks per game.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tough finish but a hell of an effort.

Damn. We were right there. This team is close.

The refs took Noah out of the game early on and we still had a chance to win.

Napier just threw a lot of junk out there and managed to make most of it.

Jeremy Hollowell is the new Verdell Jones- he killed this team today. He has no sense of urgency whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Damn. We were right there. This team is close.

The refs took Noah out of the game early on and we still had a chance to win.
    In fairness, I think Noah took himself out. Those fouls of his were legit.

Napier just threw a lot of junk out there and managed to make most of it.

Jeremy Hollowell is the new Verdell Jones- he killed this team today. He has no sense of urgency whatsoever.
    Devin Davis had a few boneheaded plays down the stretch that really hurt us. We are wayyyy too careless with the ball right now. I'm not too high on UConn and think they win if he isn't crippled by fouls.

But you're right, Napier did his very best Kemba Walker impression.

Devin Davis had a few boneheaded plays down the stretch that really hurt us. We are wayyyy too careless with the ball right now. I'm not too high on UConn and think they win if he isn't crippled by fouls.

I can forgive Davis given his youth and lack of experience but Hollowell needs to be better than this. His TOs were just due to laziness and an inability to hold onto the ball.

In fairness, I think Noah took himself out. Those fouls of his were legit.
    He got the Tom Pritchard treatment by the refs. Three illegal screens? That is very rare.

He got the Tom Pritchard treatment by the refs. Three illegal screens? That is very rare.
    New rules. They are calling everything, and on the second one he did trip the defender, it was pretty clear. He did freshman things. It happens.

I'm not sure I understand why you're so upset with Hollowell. He wasn't bad.

New rules. They are calling everything, and on the second one he did trip the defender, it was pretty clear. He did freshman things. It happens.

I'm not sure I understand why you're so upset with Hollowell. He wasn't bad.
    Hollowell was a TO factory shot poorly in this tournament.

Napier learned shot selection from Kemba Walker. It's an every game thing. It drives me nuts, but he makes them more often than not..(On another note, ask me how much I like Boatright..who takes similar shots but doesn't make them..)

The bigger problem with the guards is how they run offense. We've got a kid who is 3rd in the country in three point field goal percentage, and has taken and made more threes than anyone in the top 30..and yet..we can't find more than 2 three point shots for him tonight because Napier and Boatright want to dribble the ball and take stupid shots? (Once again, at least Napier makes them.) It's one of the reasons why I always liked AJ...he was a rare Uconn point guard that actually ran an offense.

This Uconn team has a lot of heart, and I do like them, especially Napier and Giffey (the seniors). But they're small. They had to play Olander this game just for size (no one likes it when we have to play Olander.). So although I doubt they'll win another championship, these guys will make it farther then their talent suggests.

Indiana seems like a fun team to watch. I'm sure it'll be interesting to see how the young players develop throughout the season.

I'm pleasantly surprised with what I saw in New York. It's hard to believe the LIU-Brooklyn scare was only 10 days ago. This team has noticeably improved since then. I like where we are after six games.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised with what I saw in New York. It's hard to believe the LIU-Brooklyn scare was only 10 days ago. This team has noticeably improved since then. I like where we are after six games.
    Yeah, I'm encouraged. I know last year's class was "The Movement" and all, but outside of Yogi, they have mostly sucked. Hollowell has the talent but is frustrating. Hanner is still very raw and a work in progress. Meanwhile, this year's freshman class looks stellar. Vonleh is a beast, Troy Williams looks like he is going to develop into something really special once he gets himself under control out there. Fischer looks decent considering he really didn't get to practice. And Devin Davis...he's going to become a four year favorite. Love his motor, love how he puts himself into positions to make plays, and think he will develop into a really good defender with time. Hartman, well, anything he gives us at any point is a bonus. Seems like every class has one of those 6'6-6'7 white kid shooters who really doesn't do much else. Etherington, Hartman, Hoetzel looking to fill that void for the 2014 class. But overall, this class has really impressed me so far.

The joke of IU football continues. This program is filled with LOSERS from the top to the bottom. An arrogant obese head coach whose offensive genius is completely nullified by decent defenses and a bunch of weak willed mentally soft COWARDs for players.

IU went into the can this time last year. It looks like history will repeat itself this year. This team is so beaten down and weak they will probably lose to Purdue.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

The joke of IU football continues. This program is filled with LOSERS from the top to the bottom. An arrogant obese head coach whose offensive genius is completely nullified by decent defenses and a bunch of weak willed mentally soft COWARDs for players.

IU went into the can this time last year. It looks like history will repeat itself this year. This team is so beaten down and weak they will probably lose to Purdue.
    If we lose to purdue that's the final straw for wilson and co. for me
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

We need to just hire somebody who is a head coach at a smaller school who will take the job for relatively cheap just to get into a power conference. Rather than some assistant with tons of hype who is gonna demand huge money to come to coach our trainwreck of a program.

Sadly wilsons job is safe until the end of next year.

Wilson may be an offensive genius but as I declared, I'm done with him. Dude can go peddle his ******** somewhere else

What are you guys complaining about? I expected Sloopy to drop 60+ on us.

In all seriousness, this team has completely given up. I think we will beat Purdue just because they are that awful, but I'm with you guys--over Wilson.