Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SuperBatman

Default SuperBatman

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/offi...eature-batman/

BREAKING… UPDATE: Official Press Release Below… The Superman logo was just superimposed with the Batman logo on the screen at the close of the much anticipated Warner Bros-Legendary Pictures panel inside the San Diego Convention Center at Comic-Con. This momentous DC Entertainment development from Warner Bros was not on the schedule, according to Deadline contributor Ross Lincoln covering the event. Instead, Zack Snyder came out on stage and announced, “It’s official that we are going to make another Superman movie. I’ve pored through the DC universe for a way to tell this thing.” With that, Harry Lennix who plays General Swanwick in Man Of Steel began quoting from Frank Miller’s 1986 The Dark Knight Returns and Miller’s follow-up Batman: Year One graphic novel series where an older Batman tricks Superman with Kryptonite and beats up the Man of Steel — then the scene ends with Batman faking his own death, a fact Superman becomes aware of at the funeral and keeps the secret: ”In all the years to come, in all the most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.” Snyder said the filmmakers won’t be using that source but it will help them in the story they’re telling. Set for release in 2015, this sequel is to be directed by Snyder and written by David S. Goyer featuring two of WB/DC’s most iconic superheroes and is certain to compete with Marvel. Christian Bale has said he does not wish to reprise his Bruce Wayne aka Batman role so the studio will be searching for a new Batman to pair with Henry Cavill. Snyder later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest superheroes in the world.” Here is the Warner Bros press release announcing that the next DC superhero movie is in pre-production uniting Superman and Batman “in one explosive new film. Man Of Steel is still in theaters has grossed $625+M worldwide while Christopher Nolan’s rebooted Batman trilogy has amassed $4 billion globally:
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Default Re: SuperBatman

That's not the correct symbol shown

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...-movie-planned

That link has what they showed. It's interesting because that's a new bat symbol. I'm curious to see what direction they go with Batman this time around. Since Bale isn't doing it. It will likely still be in the same vein as the latest Batman and current Supes.

I know DC wants to do a JL movie, but doing that straight away won't work. This is the best possible decision they could have made. They have some great interactions in the comics and cartoons.

And man, 2015 is going to be ridiculous. Supes/Bats, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars 7, 2 Pixar movies. Lovely.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nolan is "executive producing" this, which means DC is paying him just so his name is attached to it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

One of the biggest mistakes of the DC universe. The story line was never plausible in the comic and will look even more unbelievable in movie form. Batman is not a super hero. He is a vigilante crime fighter.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Mood

I'm very curious, but I'm not excited. I suppose there's a couple of reasons for that, but mainly it's just preferring Batman on his own in his own world to the wider universe of the Justice League. Personally I like Batman stories much better without him, in general. Although as I say that, I still very much enjoyed Dark Knight Returns, so it's not as if I'm violently opposed.

But the other lesser thing is we JUST FINISHED a string of Batman films. This feels so rushed in that respect. Even the Spider-Man reboot took, what, six years between runs? And I felt like that was rushed, let alone a mere three years between Dark Knight Rises and this movie.

Anyway, I hope Batman is 'the villain' as it were because I think that would be interesting, but I think it's more likely it'll be like that animated movie from a decade or so ago where they start off fighting then team up to deal with Luthor and possibly another villain (I doubt they bring a new Joker into this, though).

Someone else brought this up online, but I think it would be smart of them to take the criticism of the end of Man of Steel and spin it into a lesson learned in this film:

Spoiler Spoiler:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I've always found Superman vs. Batman to be absurd at the very least. The only way this is even a contest is if Superman does not want to fight (the way that Miller had him do in the Dark Knight limited series).

If not and Superman actually decided he wanted to be involved this would last an entire millisecond.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

I just have to laugh at how out of control this whole comic book movie thing has become. Superman vs Batman? Really?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

It will reach its end when Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman team up with Godzilla... and the movie adds some zombies... Gotta have zombies... and some vampires.... Must be sexy vampires though.

Somewhere in a Hollywood meeting that conversation will take place... if it hasn't already...
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've always found Superman vs. Batman to be absurd at the very least. The only way this is even a contest is if Superman does not want to fight (the way that Miller had him do in the Dark Knight limited series).

If not and Superman actually decided he wanted to be involved this would last an entire millisecond.

You know that Batman beat Supes in the comic, right? Batman can more than hold his own, assuming Batman is given some heads up of course.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Personally, I don't give a baker's **** about the comic books. If this is Batman vs. Superman or something along those lines, that's retarded and I want absolutely no part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    ............... will look even more unbelievable in movie form .............
    Wait a minute.

This whole thing is fantasy to begin with, so ............

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    You know that Batman beat Supes in the comic, right? Batman can more than hold his own, assuming Batman is given some heads up of course.
    In reality he didn't, okay reality is the wrong word to use about a fiction piece but you get my point.

Superman did not want the fight & kept doing everything in his power to get Batman to stop fighting.

If for one second he wanted to really fight him there are dozens of ways he could just flat out kill Batman within 5 seconds or less.

The working theory is that if Batman could plan in advance and set up a trap that he could beat Superman. This is utter nonsense if Superman wanted to kill Batman and not just have some contest of wills.

Obviously I am not a DC person but unless they have totally stripped Superman of his powers (I understand they have made him less powerful over the years) between super speed, galactic level strength, heat vision, super breath and the combination of any of the above if he wanted this to end in death then this would end in death.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In reality he didn't, okay reality is the wrong word to use about a fiction piece but you get my point.

Superman did not want the fight & kept doing everything in his power to get Batman to stop fighting.

If for one second he wanted to really fight him there are dozens of ways he could just flat out kill Batman within 5 seconds or less.

The working theory is that if Batman could plan in advance and set up a trap that he could beat Superman. This is utter nonsense if Superman wanted to kill Batman and not just have some contest of wills.

Obviously I am not a DC person but unless they have totally stripped Superman of his powers (I understand they have made him less powerful over the years) between super speed, galactic level strength, heat vision, super breath and the combination of any of the above if he wanted this to end in death then this would end in death.
    They will have to go with the Superman not wanting to fight route because Superman is just to damn powerful in general. If Superman really wanted to fight Batman he would crush him in five seconds. None of Batman's little gadgets would hurt Superman and then he would just shoot lazors out of his eyes and kill Batman. I read about this the other day and it just sounds so bad and they just want compete with the Avengers and they will probably fail miserably.

Maybe I am biased since I cannot stand Superman. His whole thing is just pointless because other than some Kyrptonite nothing can harm Superman. There really is no suspense with him at all.

Now the news of Avengers 2 has me excited. They have handled that whole series almost perfectly.

I don't think it'll be a physical fight. I mean, c'mon, no contest. Unless of of Wayne's satalites that was hit has kryptonite stuck in and Batman gets his hands on it.

It will be a match of the minds I think. Perhaps Luthor is up to no good, both Superman and Batman are tracking down leads, and they bump into each other when searching one of those leads. Batman tells Supes to stay out of his way and Supes tells Batman he's in over is head since he's just a mortal.

Eventually the two see they have a common goal and team up about midway through.

Something like that I could see happen and work out nicely. Just depends on the story and execution. Maybe the race will be to see who finds the kryptonite, Luthor, Supes, Batman, etc.... Supes wants to destroy it, while the other 2 want to keep it. Batman for a last resort and Luthor to kill Superman.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 07-23-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Yes but you have to consider Supes' personality. Sure, if he wanted to beat the crap out of Batman he would. But he's not that kind of person and you have to take that into consideration. Batman, OTOH, is more aggressive and plans ahead, which he has to do because he's imbibed with super powers. Superman is not necessarily more laid back, but rather more reactionary than anything. He doesn't seek out trouble rather than deal with it when it comes around. And he's not likely to go after Batman as aggressively as Batman would go after Superman.

And there WILL be a physical fight, just not in the traditional sense. You have to believe that Batman's intelligence and likely use of Kryptonite will play into this somehow. And certainly there will be a villain or 2 that will unite the superheroes to defeat a common enemy.

Never understood superman vs batman.

Any idiot holding a green rock can ambush and kill superman.

Likewise, the world's most formidable human would get obliterated by superman without said green rock.

In addition, if superman were to don some sort of radiation-proof suit, there's no kryptonite damage, and again, superman wins.

It all boils down to kryptionite. There's no way to make this interesting. Batman and Superman are not equals or rivals. It's not like Batman is going to out-wit superman to death.
    Last edited by Kstat; 07-24-2013 at 06:36 AM.

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

I don't think the fight will be in the open, Batman will choose the arena. Per say, a lead lined room with kryptonite. If you think batman is going to fight superman In an open area you are crazy

So then Superman has to willingly go into a lead lined room with kryptonite? I don't know it's just always been such a ridiculous concept IMO. They don't mix well as two heroes at all. They don't fit in the same universe IMO the pairing has always felt forced to me.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

This has the making of the end to super hero movies. Mark my words......THE END!!!!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

I think DC and Marvel have gone separate ways in their own movie philosophies...people really don't associate one series with the other.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    So then Superman has to willingly go into a lead lined room with kryptonite? I don't know it's just always been such a ridiculous concept IMO. They don't mix well as two heroes at all. They don't fit in the same universe IMO the pairing has always felt forced to me.
    Look at the comics he does it constantly becaus he is so damn cocky

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    That's supposed to make it better?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    ....so writing superman as a complete moron is the answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    His cover could be the mayor of Detroit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Superman is a moron read the comics