Thread: Favorite Colts moment

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Favorite Colts moment

What is your favorite Colts moment of all time? Mine, being at the 2006 AFC Championship and when Marlin picked off Brady, I jumped so high and cried so hard (good tears) it was something that I will never experience ever again. Honestly felt like we destroyed all evil when we won that game
    "We want Miami"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Favorite Colts moment

That's probably the same answer that 99% of Colts fans would give. It's obviously on a completely different level than everything else.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

That or just the bizarre feeling of suddenly being really ****ing good in 1999. The Colts had just always sucked hard or been the lovable team that couldn't quite get it done (95) for my entire life. Suddenly being an offensive juggernaut that could show up most weeks and accidentally beat the **** out of teams was a weird feeling to experience. Especially because Peyton's rookie year was nothing like Luck's he couldn't win squat and sucked something awful, he was awfully uncoordinated in the pocket and well him and the rest of the offense showing up the next year was like watching a butterfly emerge from its cocoon right before your eyes.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

AFC championship was amazing. However the Super Bowl win and not being able to sleep for 24 hours takes the cake for me. I believe we all thought the Colts would beat the bears but until that trophy was hoisted I couldn't move.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Winning the super bowl needs mentioned. However, being at the lions game last year was awesome. Seeing the Detroit fans crushed by the last second heroics of my favorite team was a special moment.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

2006 AFC Championship game, and the Super Bowl win are probably my favorite moments. 2006 was a special year with ups and downs along the way to keep you humble. I remember we were going for 9-0 or something and then we lost to the damn Cowboys, then the road game against Jacksonville where everyone pretty much wrote us off, most remember that game as the 375 game. Yuck.

That playoff run was amazing. Everyone said we would be dominated by Kansas City at home, and we didn't surrender a first down the entire first half. The crazy game at Baltimore with Vinny making 26 FG's to win it and the look at the Baltimore fans' faces was priceless.

Then the AFC Championship game. Down 21-3 at halftime. Same old, same old. That comeback nearly killed me. Thought it was going to be another game where we almost came back but lost. That was awesome.

Super Bowl started off rocky, as well. Hester returning the kickoff for a TD sucked. Then we botched a PAT after our first score, then go on to blow out the Bears pretty much. Just tells you how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. Have to be talented, and you just have to have some luck sprinkled in as well. I mean look at Flacco during last year's postseason, every pass he threw that was 30 or more yards, someway somehow his WR would catch the ball. Not saying he isn't a great QB, but sometimes you just have that playoff magic on your side.

The Charger game where Manning threw his 49th TD to lead the Colts from behind was awesome. The 2007 opening week game against the Saints where we hung the banner was sweet. The Bears vs Colts game in 2008 was cool because it was the opening game for Lucas Oil, even though we lost because Peyton wasn't 100% yet. 2009 against the Patriots the infamous 4th and 2 from Belichick was amazing. Being able to be apart of an AFC Championship game that year against the Jets was nice.

Even last year, that Green Bay comeback game for coach was awesome to be at. Alright, I'm rambling. But we are pretty lucky to have had such great teams throughout the years.

Just a shame we couldn't bring more Super Bowls to Indy during our decade or so of dominance. But that's what makes winning it all so much more special, it's tough. Hopefully Andrew and Chuck can make up for our playoff miscues during the Manning Era.
    Last edited by Lord Helmet; 07-18-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord Helmet For This Useful Post:

Mood

Definitely the Charger game where Manning threw for the TD record since I was there.

Other than that..the come back against Tampa Bay...because I was living in Tampa at the time and was in school and talking mad smack to all my friends before the game. I remember watching it at a bar type place and we were down and ppl were giving me a hard time cuz I was in my colts jersey of course. Then we started coming back and ppl started shutting up. One of the most amazing comebacks I've ever seen in my life. Craziness. I had a great time at school the next day lol.

And of course the Super Bowl and beating the Pats in the AFC championship game that year.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2006 AFC Championship game, and the Super Bowl win are probably my favorite moments. 2006 was a special year with ups and downs along the way to keep you humble. I remember we were going for 9-0 or something and then we lost to the damn Cowboys, then the road game against Jacksonville where everyone pretty much wrote us off, most remember that game as the 375 game. Yuck.

That playoff run was amazing. Everyone said we would be dominated by Kansas City at home, and we didn't surrender a first down the entire first half. The crazy game at Baltimore with Vinny making 26 FG's to win it and the look at the Baltimore fans' faces was priceless.

Then the AFC Championship game. Down 21-3 at halftime. Same old, same old. That comeback nearly killed me. Thought it was going to be another game where we almost came back but lost. That was awesome.

Super Bowl started off rocky, as well. Hester returning the kickoff for a TD sucked. Then we botched a PAT after our first score, then go on to blow out the Bears pretty much. Just tells you how hard it is to win a Super Bowl. Have to be talented, and you just have to have some luck sprinkled in as well. I mean look at Flacco during last year's postseason, every pass he threw that was 30 or more yards, someway somehow his WR would catch the ball. Not saying he isn't a great QB, but sometimes you just have that playoff magic on your side.

The Charger game where Manning threw his 49th TD to lead the Colts from behind was awesome. The 2007 opening week game against the Saints where we hung the banner was sweet. The Bears vs Colts game in 2008 was cool because it was the opening game for Lucas Oil, even though we lost because Peyton wasn't 100% yet. 2009 against the Patriots the infamous 4th and 2 from Belichick was amazing. Being able to be apart of an AFC Championship game that year against the Jets was nice.

Even last year, that Green Bay comeback game for coach was awesome to be at. Alright, I'm rambling. But we are pretty lucky to have had such great teams throughout the years.

Just a shame we couldn't bring more Super Bowls to Indy during our decade or so of dominance. But that's what makes winning it all so much more special, it's tough. Hopefully Andrew and Chuck can make up for our playoff miscues during the Manning Era.
    I was at the 4th and 2 game and I was going absolutely crazy when Reggie caught that TD
    "We want Miami"

Too many, Peytons pass to Stokley for the record, the superbowl win, AFC championship game, the amazing comeback in 09 against the Pats....list goes on and on.....

One of my fav moments.......just because I was there.........is when we killed Denver at home in the playoffs. It was the game when Marvin went down at about the 15 or 20 yard line and there were 2 defenders there and nobody touched him. So he just got up and ran it in for a touchdown. Classic.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

^^^ As a side note, but was it 2 years in a row that the Colts beat the Broncos in the playoffs Wild Card round?*
    The game you mentioned, I watched it few months ago and that moment you described stuck in my mind. It was like the brains of those two defenders shut down instantly.

* Edit: Yes it was 2003 and 2004
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

I've got to give that ride in '95 some lovin'.... It might been eclipsed by the Marlin Jackson int and then the SB win but that Capt Comeback season and that playoff run was special. That was a team that could play some defense and knew how to stay in the game and just about always gave themselves a chance at a win. They almost had that AFCC at a couple of points... obviously the oh so close Hail Mary at the end but also the dropped INT that would've given the Colts the ball with the lead and time running out.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Not necessarily my favorite, but I really enjoyed watching the dumb look on Belichick's face during the 2nd half of the 4th and 2 game. Just lovely.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

By far my favorite moment was Marlin Jackson's interception off of Tom Brady, which sealed the 2006 AFC Championship Game. I remember running outside and yelling "WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!"

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

The Colts Hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. Everything else is 2nd place.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

I agree with everybody elses opinions, but I have to say one about a game I went to.

During the 2011 season, we faced the Texans in our last home game. When we were down a few points, Dan Orlovsky drove the Colts down the field and threw a huge TD to Reggie Wayne. The building practically exploded. It was one of the few bright moments in such a dismal year. It's also one of my favorite moments because I had such good seats : Four rows from the field at the 50 yard-line!
    Last edited by DangerGranger3pointranger; 07-22-2013 at 09:01 AM.
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

Lots, though for some reason the first thing that came to mind was "Fumbled the frickin' football."

Just a surreal turn of events, plus Jeff Saturday gets to she in the biggest home win in Indy Colts history.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What about being down 35-14 in the 4th quarter against the Bucs in 2003, tying it up, then winning in overtime? I still remember the refs calling a penalty on Simeon Rice for "LEAPING" (lol) when Vanderjagt missed that field goal. He got another shot and made it. Yes I will never talk about Vanderjagt again after this post.
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

29. The Following User Says Thank You to RobRoy317 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RobRoy317 View Post
    What about being down 35-14 in the 4th quarter against the Bucs in 2003, tying it up, then winning in overtime? I still remember the refs calling a penalty on Simeon Rice for "LEAPING" (lol) when Vanderjagt missed that field goal. He got another shot and made it. Yes I will never talk about Vanderjagt again after this post.
    Yeah, that was the unofficial start of the Colts being an elite NFL team. 03 was the beginning of Manning's prime and the first year that he won a playoff game. We began to get a lot of national focus after that Bucs game. After all, they were the defending Super Bowl champions. Plus it was a return to Tampa for Dungy.

How in the world has that been TEN YEARS ago?!?! Geez time flies.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Just a surreal turn of events, plus Jeff Saturday ...............
    According to Uncle Ted, it's Jeff Friday.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Mood

My favorite Colt moment will always be the Monday night game where we played Green Bay and they sat back and dared Peyton to throw the ball and he had a ridiculous amout of consecutive pass completions in a row it was in the 20's if I remember correctly. Second on that list was the Monday night game with Tampa.