Thread: Gaurd Question

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Gaurd Question

OK I will be criticized for this and that's ok. I'm asking a question because I haven't gotten to watch every minute of the last few games but what I've seen gives me pause.

My question...is Tinsley play as selfish as it appears to me or is our system now desgned that way?? It looks like he's thinking of himself as our No. 2 option right now and ignoring the others. Granted we're not getting much out of the others but since his play where he was getting T'd up at the end of the games it's appeared to me he's become more selfish with the ball. It's either pass it to JO or take it myself...or so it seems.

Am I wrong??
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Gaurd Question

I would rather say Tins IS our number two offensive option, because others are either not taking shots (Reggie, Freddie, Curry) or bricking them (Croshere, Foster), while others don't get enough time to become a number two option enough (David Harrison).

I have no quarrel with Tins on Offense, he is forced into this position unless you want JO to take almost all shots or are satisfied with 110 - 65 scores on the road. And because he uses so much on offense its not inconceivable he can 't defend his man on D like he would normally do. I don't think he did bad against Nash last night though, given the situation.

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

You're not wrong - but we can't really blame him for anything. He has done a great job of following Rick's wishes and instructions for a year and a half now. I doubt that he's going against his coach with the way he's playing, otherwise, he'd hear about it for sure.

Sports Logo

It looks to me like he tries to get the others involved in the first half. If at the half they are not participating he tries to take over.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It looks to me like he tries to get the others involved in the first half. If at the half they are not participating he tries to take over.
    Do you think that means he is "giving up" on the team strategy if we are down? I seem to remember several threads about him taking shots when we were ahead at the end of games, and therefore blowing leads. Does he just play differently at the end of games than at the beginning?

Sports Logo

No I just think that he is trying to get eveyone involved before he has to try and do it himself. When other are unwilling ot unable to hit anything he starts taking more shots.

Yes he does play differently at the ends than he does at the begining. I think he is more assertive at the end trying to get his own shots than for others when no one else is doing anything.

If Jermaine is the only one scoring he is going to get double and tripple teamed. I think he trys to open it up more for Jermaine by making shots himself if no one else is.

Last night all team play went out the window after the first 25 seconds. Don't think Tinsley is being selfish, in fact I liked his competitiveness last night. He deserves credit for that

Tinsley is not the problem. For obvious reasons he has been more "aggressive" this season on the offensive end. I welcome this aggression. For 3 seasons Tinsley concentrated on passing, it is time for him to score. Not only do we need him to score, but he's also not that bad at it.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To repeat what I agreed with above:

Tinsley is our #2 option.

He's just executing the game plan, so if you don't like the number of shots he's taking, blame Rick, not Tinsley.

Tinsley is trying to think "pass-first", but Reggie doesn't do anything with the ball until the fourth quarter. Foster can't catch it and shoots a very low percentage on his layups. And Curry. : So once he's been 'around the horn' once or twice, if he can't get it to JO he just figures, "What the heck..."
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Foster can't catch it and shoots a very low percentage on his layups. .."

Jay, what are saying saying was correct two seasons ago. But not now. (yes in the Suns game he was 0-8, he missed some layups, but other than that game it has noit been a problem. )