Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Agents still available

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Free Agents still available

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's at least played his way to 3rd string NBA... But his ego will probably put him as a starter... in Europe...
    That wouldn't be ego. It would be a wise business move, he is better suited for the European game. I would imagine he will get paid more overseas than he would playing in the NBA next year. Plus getting starters minutes and the chance to reestablish value would do him good. Better chance he gets back in the NBA as a main backup show casing in Euro than riding the pine in the NBA. I personally would go that route if I was him. Great chance to experience the culture and get better at the same time. Euro is so much better at developing skills IMO. The reason being is they practice 10X more than the NBA does. Patrick Beverly is a perfect example he is such a better ball player because of honing his skills overseas.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

J7F

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

DJ will be on an NBA roster next year. He was a backup PG on a contending team, and I'm sure several teams noticed. Seems like a good kid and a professional. AJ price had a good year on Washington last season. PG's seem to struggle here. I hope CJ is the exception....
    David "And One" West

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I know everyone has grown attached to him but I'd still give up Hill if it meant dumping Green.
    I don't hate Green's play enough to use Hill as trade sweetner.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Absolute worst case, we can use stretch provision on Green next year. No sense wasting a valuable asset just to dump him.

If Green + pick can get back a rotation big though, I think we'd have to consider it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

I had asked how much we had remaining a few days ago and a couple of people responded w opinions stating that estimates were 2-2.5 remaining... Was that incorrect? Unless I slept through a signing of some sort?
    No, Parcers have just over $69M in salaries and the cap is $71.7M. So the $2/$2.5 number is right.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

J7F

Twitter @M_Murph11 PacerPride33's Avatar

Oden
    Murph

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Absolute worst case, we can use stretch provision on Green next year. No sense wasting a valuable asset just to dump him.

If Green + pick can get back a rotation big though, I think we'd have to consider it.

I don't want to give up Hill or a pick but we need to move Green I hate it. The stretch provision would help a little.
    I still see Hill as an unproven late first round pick. His odds of being in the rotation with more then 10 minutes this season are less then his odds of being in the nba 5 years from now. I have no gripes about Hill or picking him where we did, I just don't buy into the hype on a player taken that late until they at least prove themselves for a season or 2. A few articles and a summer league and some have him playing real minutes in the rotation and guarding Lebron. Next years pick should be a little better then Hill based off quality of the draft but it should still be a late first round pick. The value of giving the team a real chance to keep the core together should outweigh the value of Ian, Green, Copeland or a late first round pick.

Back to the theme of this thread.
    I still think we need a true pf who can guard post players to replace Tyler on the bench and I don't trust Plumlee yet. We can afford a 1 year deal for Blair and should at least make the attempt.

Sports Logo

I still think we need a true pf who can guard post players to replace Tyler on the bench and I don't trust Plumlee yet. We can afford a 1 year deal for Blair and should at least make the attempt.
    Blair would be nice to have but don't be under the impression that he's some kind of a defensive stopper.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't want to give up Hill or a pick but we need to move Green I hate it. The stretch provision would help a little.
    I still see Hill as an unproven late first round pick. His odds of being in the rotation with more then 10 minutes this season are less then his odds of being in the nba 5 years from now. I have no gripes about Hill or picking him where we did, I just don't buy into the hype on a player taken that late until they at least prove themselves for a season or 2. A few articles and a summer league and some have him playing real minutes in the rotation and guarding Lebron. Next years pick should be a little better then Hill based off quality of the draft but it should still be a late first round pick. The value of giving the team a real chance to keep the core together should outweigh the value of Ian, Green, Copeland or a late first round pick.

I think at this point you have to trust Plumlee. It might not be ideal, but at a certain point you just have to throw him to the wolves and hope it works out.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Brand would be nice.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Glad you clarified which Hill...

No way would I want to move Solo just to dump GG.

As said above, at some point Plum needs to play. He may fail, but you cant just let him rot on the bench.

Solo seems like a good glue guy who can make others around him better. You can never have enough of those guys on your bench.

Id want a heck of a backup big to move Solo. And I dont think Solo/GG would net that kind of player
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

I think he's at least played his way to 3rd string NBA... But his ego will probably put him as a starter... in Europe...
    He honestly has no more an ego than your average NBA player. He's a good kid. Just had a bad season. Not sure where the ego comment is coming from.
    Grown Man Ball

21. The Following User Says Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    He honestly has no more an ego than your average NBA player. He's a good kid. Just had a bad season. Not sure where the ego comment is coming from.
    Sorry... Poor choice of words... It was intended more as a joke w the punch line "in Europe"... And it receives a FAIL...

I don't see him as being any more egotistical than any other professional athlete... Carry on...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

DJ can definitely get a backup job. The Lakers, the Warriors, Nets, Bulls, etc could use an experienced, inexpensive backup who doesn't turn the ball over. What's helping his case is that he's not going to command a lot of money, so he's likely to have multiple options.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Right around training camp the last slot will be filled with a minimum level non-guaranteed practice player who will cause screams that the FO is wasting chances to get championship players, inspire sarcastic remarks about championship moves, and engender threads consisting of dozens of pages arguing vehemently over the merits of a 15th guy who could be cut at any time if necessary and is just there to make up numbers and get some experience.
    You forgot to mention the numerous posts where this 15th player is the filler in the Pacers trade for a veritable All-Star.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Mood

Anybody wanna go for Tinsley...

Nah, just joking.
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO