Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Bobcats

CHA gets:

Gerald Green 2 year, $7M
    2015 second round pick
    Cash

IND gets:

Byron Mullens 2 year, $8M

I think it is pretty evident that we are going to let Danny go after this year. I think some team will be willing to pay him more than we will. We would rather stay young and therefore, I would also propose that we extend Lance. Somewhere in the $6M range that some of these SGs are getting right now. Kyle Korver, JR Smith, Martell Webster, Chase Budinger, and JJ Redick all received deals that ranged from $5.33-$6.75M. If we can extend him, it won't kill our cap flexibility going forward.

That said, I think Danny will be traded at the deadline. He will bring in assets at that point. If he looks good we may want to make the decision to keep him, but the conundrum also is that he will be worth more in return.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Bobcats

Oh dear God.

I would rather have 2 more years of Gerald Green than 2 years of Byron Mullens.

That said, you don't have to trade for Mullens. If you want him, which you absolutely shouldn't under any circumstances, you can just sign him as an unrestricted free agent. And it should be well under $3 million per year.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh dear God.

I would rather have 2 more years of Gerald Green than 2 years of Byron Mullens.

That said, you don't have to trade for Mullens. If you want him, which you absolutely shouldn't under any circumstances, you can just sign him as an unrestricted free agent. And it should be well under $3 million per year.
    I wasn't sure if $4M per was high or low for him, but he brings a good outside shot. He's fairly athletic and can rebound. Him being affordable is more of what my point was, this gets rid of Green and fills out our front court rotation. I personally like Ivan Johnson a lot in terms of his build, but this franchise has shown they don't like guys with personality issues. Especially not for a backup. Mullens is much younger than a guy like Brand and won't expect significant minutes. Mullens is everything Tyler wasn't. Long and a reliable mid-range shooter for a big.

I would like that move and it really appropriates our cap resources from the wing to the front court.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    I wasn't sure if $4M per was high or low for him, but he brings a good outside shot. He's fairly athletic and can rebound. Him being affordable is more of what my point was, this gets rid of Green and fills out our front court rotation. I personally like Ivan Johnson a lot in terms of his build, but this franchise has shown they don't like guys with personality issues. Especially not for a backup. Mullens is much younger than a guy like Brand and won't expect significant minutes. Mullens is everything Tyler wasn't. Long and a reliable mid-range shooter for a big.

I would like that move and it really appropriates our cap resources from the wing to the front court.
    The only thing that you could rely on with his jumpshot is that he would take far too many of them.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2013/

He shot 141-439 this year on jumpers. 32%.

From 16' and out he was 101-319. Mullens and Hansbrough shot a similar percentage on their jumpshots. Yet, Mullens nearly doubled him up in jumpers attempted. Gross doesn't do his game justice. Add to that he's probably the worst defensive big I saw all year and you've got a player that would make me question my fanhood were the Pacers to sign him.

I watched quite a few Charlotte games this year. I even foolishly drafted Mullens onto my fantasy team before last season. I would rather have Tyler Hansbrough than Byron Mullens. That's saying something.

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    The only thing that you could rely on with his jumpshot is that he would take far too many of them.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2013/

He shot 141-439 this year on jumpers. 32%.

From 16' and out he was 101-319. Mullens and Hansbrough shot a similar percentage on their jumpshots. Yet, Mullens nearly doubled him up in jumpers attempted. Gross doesn't do his game justice. Add to that he's probably the worst defensive big I saw all year and you've got a player that would make me question my fanhood were the Pacers to sign him.

I watched quite a few Charlotte games this year. I even foolishly drafted Mullens onto my fantasy team before last season. I would rather have Tyler Hansbrough than Byron Mullens. That's saying something.
    The thing with the percentages, that I definitely concede on is that the Bobcats didn't know where they were going to get offense from outside of Kemba. There was no real flow and they shot a TON of bad shots. Mullens included. I think his percentages would go up quite a bit playing within more of a system that controlled those types of bad decisions.

I still see Mullens as an upgrade to what our bench lacks and if you have Stephenson and he on the floor together you have more offensive punch from your bench. Especially if you have a facilitator at the three and defense at C between them. Also, Mullens is long which fits our MO, so I could see him not being a liability when playing between George and Hibbert when lineups overlap. Watson has size and that general bench lineup is much bigger than last year.

This is not the type of trade that brings in some fantastic talent. I just think with our wing rotation and the general contracts we are trying to replace.... Green's $3.5M is more of a log jam than it is an asset and we are currently looking for depth at PF, so it is utilizing our cap space better. I have had similar ideas with other bigs, but I look for a deal along these lines more than necessarily a targeting of Mullens. I like Mullens, you don't. Front office may or may not. There may be another, more suitable backup PF/C that we like better with Mahinmi skill set. The Mahinmi deal is actually very similar to this deal, but we might know a little better what the roster needs than we did last summer.

The Clippers signed him for 2 years, $2 million.

They overpaid.

-Lance Stephenson