Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PG to LA Rumors

Default Re: PG to LA Rumors

Now there's talk about LeBron and Carmelo joining Kobe after next season. Yeah, right. Nothing to see here other than the wishes of Lakers fans and media members who think the Lakers are entitled to 50 plus wins each season.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KennerLeaguer For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Colin Cowherd said that LA is turning into the Notre Dame of the NBA. A traditionally successful program with an entitlement problem. If Buss would not have made not hiring Phil Jackson so personal then they would not be in this mess. His pride is the reason why they failed this season. Nobody in their right mind would have hired D'Antoni to coach this team. And nobody in their right mind would have held onto Gasol that long.

The Lakers and Celtics are done for awhile. But the difference is that the Celtics did not make it personal with their players and coach. So they will bounce back quicker.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

I think there's a much, much better chance of LA stealing Lance if he blossoms next year. Lance grew up a Lakers fan. And he won't be a RFA so we won't have the right to match his offers and force him to stay. We'll be relying on his loyalty to the Pacers and his teammates to keep him in town.

Lance Stephenson grew up in Brooklyn, but was only eight years old when the teams last met in the playoffs, and was a Lakers fan, anyway.
    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/pacer...ir-own-history
    Last edited by Strummer; 07-14-2013 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added quote

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think there's a much, much better chance of LA stealing Lance if he blossoms next year. Lance grew up a Lakers fan. And he won't be a RFA so we won't have the right to match his offers and force him to stay. We'll be relying on his loyalty to the Pacers and his teammates to keep him in town.

Lance will be a restricted free agent with full Bird rights

I believe Lance is a RFA after this year, unless the Pacers choose not to issue the qualifying offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    Lance will be a restricted free agent with full Bird rights
    Nah, he'll be unrestricted. You're right about the Bird rights. But he'll be free to choose among all offers.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Lance'll be unrestricted. His agent's also said this;

“I think he’s real happy where he is and I tell him all the time, the journey is the destination,” Ebanks said. “We’re in the moment.”
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hi...icle-1.1338794

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Larry coming back and the two New York teams not understanding what money is both make me optimistic for Stephenson coming back.

Plus I'm pretty sure he's a Pacers fan now. If they force him to come off the bench just to not hurt Granger's feelings, that's a different story. If he's allowed to continue to grow and play consistently I see no reason why he'd leave, especially w/ Larry Bird back in the mix.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's taking Solo with him!!

@kingxsolo: LA.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacerscolts1125 View Post
    He's a 2nd round pick that is a UFA.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    He's a 2nd round pick that is a UFA.

That is not true at all most 2nd picks end up being RFA. The reason he will be an URFA is the way the Pacers did his contract being a 2nd rd pick has zero to do with why he will be an URFA.

"I'm happy to be in Indiana, I'm happy to be where I am. If I was going to leave Indiana and come to the Lakers, it just wouldn't be a smart move for me. We got a great thing going right now."
    -Paul George

Like this quote a lot.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Colin Cowherd said that LA is turning into the Notre Dame of the NBA. A traditionally successful program with an entitlement problem. If Buss would not have made not hiring Phil Jackson so personal then they would not be in this mess. His pride is the reason why they failed this season. Nobody in their right mind would have hired D'Antoni to coach this team. And nobody in their right mind would have held onto Gasol that long.
    I'm really hoping that, with Jerry Buss and Jerry West no longer around, the Lakers gradually turn into the Western Conference version of the Knicks: the big market team that is always seen as a desirable location and has a limitless wallet, but screws itself with poor basketball decisions.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If they wind up trying to build around a Carmelo Anthony or Chris Bosh next offseason, that's exactly what will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    If they wind up trying to build around a Carmelo Anthony or Chris Bosh next offseason, that's exactly what will happen.
    We'll see what happens. FWIW, I don't think Lebron goes there. No doubt he took a look at how they scapegoated Dwight. He probably wants to part of that.

Hope they go down the toilet. You're talking about an organization that got Shaq and Kobe a mere 5 years after Magic retired. If they're a bunch of spoiled fans, that's probably why.

If they're smart, they build up their assets and rebuild quietly (much like they built up for their run at Shaq/Kobe in 96'). They would preserve their cap space, draft wisely. Then several years down the line when a guy like PG is a UFA, then they actually have a real shot at signing him and the aura of playing in his hometown is a factor.

The factor of the Lakers aura and being in a desirable destination players want to go to is very real. All they need to do is make reasonably good basketball decisions and they would capitalize on it. Hopefully they screw it up.

Banned

I'm not sure why the Lakers are not going into rebuilding mode yet, trade Nash and Gasol and try to see what you can do.

If I was the Lakers I'll be trying to trade Gasol to GS for Bogut and either Barnes or Klay, I'll be sending Nash to Toronto if they still want him for other pieces too, give Kobe a year off and see what you can do next season.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 07-23-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm not sure why the Lakers are not going into rebuilding mode yet, trade Nash and Gasol and try to see what you can do.

If I was the Lakers I'll be trying to trade Gasol to GS for Bogut and either Barnes or Klay, I'll be sending Nash to Toronto if they still want him for other pieces too, give Koby a year off and see what you can do next season.
    The Lakers wouldn't be able to pilfer Barnes or Thompson for Gasol if they are getting back Bogut. Nash to Toronto is probably not realistic given his precipitous decline and the new sheriff (mountie?) in town up in Toronto. And you are absolutely, positively insane if you think the ultra-competitive Kobe would simply "take a year off."

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    If they're smart, they build up their assets and rebuild quietly (much like they built up for their run at Shaq/Kobe in 96'). They would preserve their cap space, draft wisely. Then several years down the line when a guy like PG is a UFA, then they actually have a real shot at signing him and the aura of playing in his hometown is a factor.

Might not be so easy to rebuild through the draft since they traded away their 2015 1st rounder for Nash
    and their 2017 1st rounder for Howard

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Larry Staverman For This Useful Post:

I think they have basically been going down hill since Jim took over for Jerry. I think it will continue until the family gets tired of Jim being in charge, or they get someone with a strong personally that won't let Jim's opinion sway them.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

If I was the Lakers I'll be trying to trade Gasol to GS for Bogut and either Barnes or Klay, I'll be sending Nash to Toronto if they still want him for other pieces too, give Kobe a year off and see what you can do next season.
    They are still afraid to tick off Kobe. Kobe likes Nash and Gasol and would be heated if they were traded.

I keep thinking about these supposed "rumors" and can't stop laughing. LA may have all the cap room in the world next summer, but I think there fans should be a lot more concerned with Kobe jumping to another team at a reduced rate in search of additional titles than which new star the Lakers can add to their team to make them more competitive.

Think about it. If Kobe wants more titles, it would be a lot easier to jump than hoping the Lakers can land the missing pieces through free agency. And Kobe, as well as Nash, have a pretty narrow window before the sun sets, possibly increasing the chances that Kobe would be willing to jump.

So, screw the arrogant Laker fans. They possibly have pretty big problems of their own. Problems just as significant as those they could cause to other teams by raiding their players. The difference between the Laker fans and us, for example, is that their arrogance doesn't even enable them to acknowledge their risks.
    Last edited by beast23; 07-23-2013 at 10:30 PM.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Kobe jumping to another team at a reduced rate in search of additional titles
    not in a billion years

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    not in a billion years
    I figure the same, especially in consideration of his divorce that will cut his net worth in half. But frankly, even though probably small, the chance of Kobe being something other than a Laker following next season is far greater than Paul George not being a Pacer.