Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick spotted wearing Dolphins hat defends right to do so

Default 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick spotted wearing Dolphins hat defends right to do so

Eh dude I agree with those who are against it. Its one thing to wear a Miami Heat hat at least its a different sport but its another to wear a hat of another team that's in the same sport as you.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-dolphins-hat/

Kaepernick defiant about Dolphins hat

Posted by Mike Florio on July 5, 2013, 10:59 PM EDT

AP
    On Friday, photos emerged of 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick wearing a Dolphins hat. It created a stir on a fairly slow news day, but nothing all that major.

And then Kaepernick decided to defiantly defend his decision to wear the hat, making a minor blip into a much bigger story.

“This the hat y’all mad at?” Kaeperick said on his Instagram account. “I’m goin wear what I want regardless of what you think, all you need to worry about is the fact that I grind for my teammates and the 49ers! I plan on doin this until they won’t let me in the building! #ridiculous#y’allmustbebored.”

They’re not bored, Colin. They’re fans.

No true fan wants to see any member of the fan’s favorite team wearing another team’s colors. And no true fan wants to be lectured by the player who commits one of the few cardinal sins of sports.

In some cities with multiple pro sports teams, it’s bad enough for a player from one sport to wear the logo and colors of a rival team in a completely different sport. In Pittsburgh, for example, former Pirates outfielder Barry Bonds created a signifiant pre-Internet stir by wearing a Los Angeles Kings jacket. More recently, LeBron James wore a Yankees hat to an Indians game when James played for the Cavaliers.

Here, the 49ers quarterback brazenly wore a hat reflecting the name and logo of another NFL team. While it would be far worse if it were a Seahawks, Cardinals, Rams, or Ravens hat, it’s enough to get 49ers fans worked up — and Kaepernick’s response won’t help matters.

Speaking of the Seahawks, can anyone imagine quarterback Russell Wilson — who ends every interview with “Go ‘Hawks!” — wearing anything other than his team’s colors?

None of it will matter if Kaepernick keeps playing like he did last year. But if/when he ever slips, some fans could be inclined to be less than blindly loyal to Kaepernick

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick spotted wearing Dolphins hat defends right to do so

Kinda classless move by Kaepernick.
    "I'm not arguing; I'm explaining why I'm right."

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick spotted wearing Dolphins hat defends right to do so

Stupid. I don't think this dude will be a starting qb for long. Don't believe in him at all.

Silly for him to wear it, silly for people to care, silly for him to escalate it, silly all the way around.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

And people got on Lebron for wearing a Yankees hat. Dude coulda at least done the "it matched my outfit" excuse. Whatever, anything Miami is the fad right now I guess. Who cares really.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

and if anyone actually cares, remember Paul George rocking this on the team plane as a rookie?

A Bulls hat?! Yes he's a moron too I mean at least CK7 had a team from a different conference..

A division rival? Really? He's worse than Colin

This whole thing reminds me of when Jeff Fisher wore a Manning jersey to a charity event and said he wanted to feel like a winner. Did I find it funny? Yes

Did I blame the Titans fans for being upset over it? No

PG had the excuse that he was matching his throwback Jordan's with that hat. Not saying it's right or wrong. I did notice that the Kaepernick deal bothered me more. Not sure why, I'm not a fan of his or the 49ers. Maybe I get the fashion thing more, or maybe I feel that football is more "sacred" than basketball? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikD. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG had the excuse that he was matching his throwback Jordan's with that hat. Not saying it's right or wrong. I did notice that the Kaepernick deal bothered me more. Not sure why, I'm not a fan of his or the 49ers. Maybe I get the fashion thing more, or maybe I feel that football is more "sacred" than basketball? I don't know.
    But he was still a member of the Pacers right? Think about this would you see Reggie Miller wearing a Bulls hat?

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    A Bulls hat?! Yes he's a moron too I mean at least CK7 had a team from a different conference..

This whole thing reminds me of when Jeff Fisher wore a Manning jersey to a charity event and said he wanted to feel like a winner. Did I find it funny? Yes

What makes Collin an idiot is his Twitter post.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

im a huge niner fan, and could honestly careless. its just a hat lol

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

TRADE HIM

BLOW THE TEAM UP

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frostwolf For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Stupid. I don't think this dude will be a starting qb for long. Don't believe in him at all.
    as someone who watched every 49ers game not as a fan, i will strongly disagree. He is gonna be a great QB in this league.

as for the hat, i really don't give a damn. same with PG. its a hat.

This is something that is not a big deal, but fans will blow it way out of proportion because fans just care way to much and get mad because players do not care as much as they do.

I would not care if Luck wore a Pats hat or PG wore a Bulls hat. It is just a freaking hat and I just do not care enough about sports to be offended over a hat.

I'm a fan of a rival NFC West team. Do I enjoy seeing Kaepernick take some heat? Sure. I get why fans are upset, but it's not like this guy, who is less than one full season into his job as the starting QB, will be any less committed to the 9ers. It's his job, he's trying to prove he belongs in this league. Just because he wears a Dolphins hat doesn't mean he's got one foot out the door.

But since the NFL offseason is so long and people grasp for things to talk about, this has leaked out there and become a story. Just how it is in the 24/7 media cycle where NFL is king.

Mood

Ty Lawson did the same thing a few weeks back he wore a TOR Raptors hat. the Ben Maller show grilled him for it. I didnt get that at all he isnt Canadian and the Raptors gear isn't that fashionable. I have no problem with it though really no big deal. I think it's ridiculous if people make a big deal about it.

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...enver-concert/

Mood

My response is, "Who in the hell gives a ****?" The San Fransisco 49ers are still getting his all in the weight room, the practice facility, and on the field. I could care less what hat he wears. He is not rocking gang tats or killing people. Get a grip, San Fran.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    I would not care if Luck wore a Pats hat or PG wore a Bulls hat. It is just a freaking hat and I just do not care enough about sports to be offended over a hat.
    Reminds me of something and a little story to tell.

So I'm standing outside the Colts lockerroom after practice and a visiting high school coach is waiting by the door for players to come out. He had received permission to be in a restricted area and could ask players if they would autograph a football he was going to raffle off for his team. Guys would come out, he would ask if they would sign his football, and he got the cold shoulder big time from every one of them. Actually the players gave him a mean look with a few mumbling under their breath not very nice things. Actually I think it was Robert Mathis who said and I quote " you're $h!tting me, right?"

This high school coach looks at me and goes "What's wrong? I don't know what I could have done to **** these guys off."

Me... "Coach, you're from Terre Haute North High School, correct"?

Coach "Yes, I don't understand?"

Me... "Well considering your team is the Terre Haute North Patriots and you are wearing a ballcap with a Patriot hiking a football but it doesn't say North high school, you might want to take that off."

All ended well after he took the cap off. Got several autographs and even RM#98 signed the cap and thought it was pretty funny afterwards.

Someday I'll tell the story about Ron Jaworski, the blind horse, and Bill Polian.
    Last edited by RWB; 07-08-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwolf View Post
    TRADE HIM

BLOW THE TEAM UP
    I must have missed the part where I went postal.. its stupid to be a representative of one team and rocking the gear of another in the same sport. There's a reason why Aaron Rodgers welched on the bet he made of wearing the Niners jersey he knew how bad it would look (of course he was an idiot to agree to it in the first place)

If he wore a Miami Heat hat I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Reminds me of something and a little story to tell.

So I'm standing outside the Colts lockerroom after practice and a visiting high school coach is waiting by the door for players to come out. He had received permission to be in a restricted area and could ask players if they would autograph a football he was going to raffle off for his team. Guys would come out, he would ask if they would sign his football, and he got the cold shoulder big time from every one of them. Actually the players gave him a mean look with a few mumbling under their breath not very nice things. Actually I think it was Robert Mathis who said and I quote " you're $h!tting me, right?"

This high school coach looks at me and goes "What's wrong? I don't know what I could have done to **** these guys off."

Me... "Coach, you're from Terre Haute North High School, correct"?

Coach "Yes, I don't understand?"

Me... "Well considering your team is the Terre Haute North Patriots and you are wearing a ballcap with a Patriot hiking a football but it doesn't say North high school, you might want to take that off."

All ended well after he took the cap off. Got several autographs and even RM#98 signed the cap and thought it was pretty funny afterwards.

Someday I'll tell the story about Ron Jaworski, the blind horse, and Bill Polian.
    Good story. I don't have a problem with Kaepernick wearing the hat personally but I don't think he should just the same. When you are being paid that much to represent a franchise that means off the field as well. Doesn't send the right message to wear another team's hat and then act defiant about it when fans complain. His teammates should kick his arse.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Good story. I don't have a problem with Kaepernick wearing the hat personally but I don't think he should just the same. When you are being paid that much to represent a franchise that means off the field as well. Doesn't send the right message to wear another team's hat and then act defiant about it when fans complain. His teammates should kick his arse.
    i bet most of his teammates have worn other teams hats

It's not like they're rivals or anything. They play once every four years. Not a big deal at all. If Luck wore a Rams hat or a Packers shirt I could not care less.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Loyalty is lost for the sake of fashion. When will we care more about commitment more than perception?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Loyalty is lost for the sake of fashion. When will we care more about commitment more than perception?
    When will people stop confusing fashion with disloyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    When will people stop confusing fashion with disloyalty?
    Totally disagree. You can be fashionable without calling into question your loyalty. Wear a freaking baseball or basketball hat. Other teams NFL caps..........off limits.