Thread: Question for those supporting Curry

Sports Logo

Default Question for those supporting Curry

How can you call a guy a good defender if the guy he is guarding each and every night has a "career" night. And if the other team outscores you 1 billion to 2 every time you play?

Default Re: Question for those supporting Curry

There can't be anyone still defending Curry can there?

-Bball

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hope not.

He is the most useless starter I have ever seen since I have followed the NBA.

I will take the opening myself.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bball
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There can't be anyone still defending Curry can there?

-Bball
    ...Lord knows he can't defend himself!

...Bball

Sports Logo

You know the other problem is that by the time Curry comes out of the game not only is the other team on a roll but AJ comes in about the time Satan2 comes out.

Well, this current starting lineup should end the debate that it doesn't matter who starts. It sets the tone for the game. In fact, a play or two on either end of the court can set the wheels in motion for a large hole. Momentum is at stake as is confidence on both sides of the court.

I agree with starting Jones and Jones and relegating Reggie to bench duty and explaining we expect him aggressively working his midrange game when he does come in.

I'm not sure what to do with Curry. I question his role even off the bench.

If running an offense like our 'post suspension' offense is what is required to keep James Jones comfortable then so be it. If it worked before why won't it work with JO at the hub of things?

If that means Cro gets the start over Foster because he's more versatile and understands what we're doing...once again, fine. So be it.

When Sjax comes back then he moves to the SF starting slot and we can reaccess where that puts us then.

I disagree that offense isn't a problem. Offense and defense are a problem. JO cannot be our sole scoring threat. IMHO Jones x 2 gives us a quicker lineup, better defense at the SG spot, and offense from the SF spot (and I think JJ's defense has looked OK).

-Bball

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    You know the other problem is that by the time Curry comes out of the game not only is the other team on a roll but AJ comes in about the time Satan2 comes out.
    Satan2 ???
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

This guy needs to go.... James Jones should definately be starting....this is silly.

OTOH we can't all blame this on Curry either, come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan
    Does Jax come back before the trade deadline?
    * February 24: Trading Deadline, 3 p.m. ET

It would appear he'll be back before the trading deadline... BUT...
    He might just want to retire before that seeing what we've seen lately!

I relly would like to see this team wiht S-Jax play before we make a move (if possible. if its against some WC teams, that would be even better)
    I think it is clear this team needs to make a move. Maybe that is why they are keeping Edwards around... he might be needed for filler in a trade.

-Bball

The problem is we're not playing the same kind of basketball we did pre-brawl...and immeadiately postbrawl..... We were playing team ball with alot of movement and energy. Everyone was involved with scoring and we were much more active on defense...trapping and getting turnovers that we converted into easy baskets, and we scored into the triple digits on almost a nightly basis.

I'm sorry but Curry is a problem...he may be good vocal leader (then add him and AJ to the coaching staff) but he's not helping on court. James Jones needs to continue to develop....If Artest is done and Bender is hurt...Curry will not help our playoff chances.

Reggie either needs to be aggressive and score or pass the torch now. Otherwise he's a weak spot on both ends... his status as a "threat" to open things up inside is quickly diminishing....

And AJ... i've really tried to like his game...and he's had his moments... but please lets move on....use him in spot situations to matchup with tweener guards that might be too much for Gill...but I thought Eddie brought much more to the court on a nightly basis...was active on defense and better than I expected offensively.

When Sjax comes back that will be a great help... on both ends.... if Bender can stay healthy and improve on how he played in the last 25-30 games at the end of last season.... and if we can get back to our Pre-brawl style....I think we can still make a run.

Lot of ifs though.

PacerFanInBayAreaCali

I would have been a little happier with the signing of Derrick McKey. At least he would have given us a height advantage over a lot of SF's.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning
    Satan2 ???
    McKey was satan Curry is satan2

I 'm still defending Curry. I would like to see that ist of players he guarded who had career nights. keep in mind Curry plays about 15 minutes per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    I 'm still defending Curry. I would like to see that ist of players he guarded who had career nights. keep in mind Curry plays about 15 minutes per game.

Ya, and Fred Jones and Reggie Miller make up the remainder of those minutes. Neither of them are all-NBA when guarding their own position, much less guarding out of position. It's just plain stupid not to play JJ. Even if he doesn't hit his shots, he still is better than Curry.

Play JJ noty play JJ, that is inconsequential. That is not going to change anything one way or the other

sweabs

PacerFanInBayAreaCali

Play JJ noty play JJ, that is inconsequential. That is not going to change anything one way or the other
    JJ did have a few games of double digit rebounds. We could sure use that right about now.

Curry played 10 minutes, including garbage time. That must have been a bad 10 minutes for us to lose by 35.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy
    Curry played 10 minutes, including garbage time. That must have been a bad 10 minutes for us to lose by 35.

Well then it must have been AJ's fault.

I blame each and every player for a loss like this.

Boneheaded passes into a double teamed JO.... picking off his own teammate Jamaal in transition allowing Nash an easy layup... if intelligence is Curry's "skill" it didn't show tonight... and considering we were down 15 within the first 8 minutes or so of the 1st quarter it did set the course of the game.

I would say a poor gameplan or no gameplan and a tired / listless defense and crappy offense were the main issues though.

In my post with my rambling thoughts about this stretch one thing I touch on is energizing the fanbase. If starting JJ over Curry is inconsequential then it is one small thing to try and energize the fanbase (and players) and suddenly could be more than 'inconsequential'.

Also, the Pacers were buried deep with Curry still in the game. The tone was set before Curry was pulled. This isn't a case where it can be argued that the game was decided while Curry was in. We were on our way to being 15-20 down and already ran off the court before Curry was pulled IIRC.

-Bball

we were down 19-5 when curry was substituted.

we had been playing 5.5 minutes.

Somehow I get the feeling that more people on the team are having a prbolem with this.

J Jones picked up in 14 min garbage time ( sure it was less, but ok) : 3 rebounds. 2 ASt, 1 St and 7 points. no turnovers.

I'm not even going to say what happened when Hulk was in the game.

Btw, I love Jeff, but uhhh 0 - 8 ?? whilst only trying to make lay-ups and putbacks ?

let's face it, there is more wrong there then just a player or two not performing. a LOT more.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Sports Logo

When you have a black hole in the starting lineup and you get down by 15 points it affects the team. People start to force things and the game goes down the drain fast. As it has been pointed out we were down by 15 in the first 5 minutes with Curry in the game. It was over by the time he was pulled.

JJ came in late in the game after it was decided and hit shots got rebounds and generaly played well. If he would have started I dont think for a second we would have been down 15 in the first 5 minutes. To make matters worse after he took Curry out AJ came into the game and destroyed any chance we would get back into the game.

At this point I want to see a lineup of

Tins/Gill
    Freddie/Reggie/AJ (spot minutes only)
    JJ/Curry (limited minutes only against backups)
    J.O./Cro
    Foster/Harrison

As soon as Jack is back make him the starting sf moving Curry completely out of the rotation.

Ehhh... difficult. I have no doubt JJ would have had more of a positive effect the first minutes than Curry had. But, stating JJ's stat line and comparing it with that of Curry (or lack of) isn't really fair either, because Curry DID play his whole PT against the Phoenix starters, while JJ played almost exclusively against Phoenix subs if I am not mistaken. So, it's logical his statline is much better.

I do aggree I wanted to see Eddie Gill, JJ and David on the floor more last night and quicker. IF you always give the veterans the nod to play almost no matter how bad they play or don't pull them from the game than what motivation do these vet's have to play their best? In Dutch soccer we play younger plays pretty much, because they are hungry and want to prove themselves, effort is never a question than. Offcourse one or two 17/18 year olds on 11 is something COMPLETELY else than 1 or maybe 2 rookies in a game of 5. All I am saying playing the rookies back ups sometimes a little more stimulates the normal starters aswell.

Regards,

Mourning