Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 149 of 149

Thread: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

  1. #126
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said that if healthy, he will at worst be the second best player on the team. I'm arguing that any way you slice it, he will never again be better than Hibbert or George, and I'm using last year's run to backup my point. I think that most people here would agree that if you subtract Hibbert or George, the team does not make it to Game 7 of the ECF's.
    Two things. First you are arguing value, I was making a statement about talent. Both George and Hibbert are more valuable because they are both great defenders. Second I never said he would be better than Hibbert or George, only that he would be at worst the second best player. It is a subtle but important difference, although I understand the confusion.

  2. #127
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said that if healthy, he will at worst be the second best player on the team. I'm arguing that any way you slice it, he will never again be better than Hibbert or George, and I'm using last year's run to backup my point. I think that most people here would agree that if you subtract Hibbert or George, the team does not make it to Game 7 of the ECF's.
    I'm not so quick to put West below Danny.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  4. #128
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,734

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not so quick to put West below Danny.

    I would certainly take West over Granger at this point. Granger has essentially been replaced by George and Stephenson. However, there's no replacement for West on the roster.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  6. #129

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said that if healthy, he will at worst be the second best player on the team. I'm arguing that any way you slice it, he will never again be better than Hibbert or George, and I'm using last year's run to backup my point. I think that most people here would agree that if you subtract Hibbert or George, the team does not make it to Game 7 of the ECF's.
    We wouldn't have made Game 7 of ECF without Hill or Stephenson either. But I get your point. As far as how important they are to the team right now (not looking at the future) I'd say George, Hibbert, West, Hill, Granger, Stephenson in that order. At the end of the day these 6 guys haven't gotten to play a season together yet. Some on here don't want to even give them a chance.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  8. #130

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We wouldn't have made Game 7 of ECF without Hill or Stephenson either. But I get your point. As far as how important they are to the team right now (not looking at the future) I'd say George, Hibbert, West, Hill, Granger, Stephenson in that order. At the end of the day these 6 guys haven't gotten to play a season together yet. Some on here don't want to even give them a chance.
    Somehow that pecking order agrees with me. I hold out hope that Danny proves healthy, we win a title with the above-mentioned players leading the way, and we manage to re-sign both Danny AND Lance. However, if Lance's wide variability in play continues, so will the range in his market value ... which implies that someone will be overly romanced by his "potential." (What did some of us keep saying about PGeorge? "His value will never be higher"?) To me, it's not a foregone conclusion that Lance remains a Pacer beyond next season.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

  9. #131
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Granger has taken less and less shots each year with Vogel. He has said that this is Paul George's team now.

    I didn't heard Wells podcast but everything that I've read so far indicates that he has no problem being the second / third fiddle.
    I also heard Wells say that. I've wondered about the ego thing myself. On the other hand, Wells never struck me as someone to rely on for the truth about things like this.

  10. #132
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,594

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Some of this is insane.

    First off, it isn't like we trade Danny and this year's $14M goes away like a leaf in the wind. We aren't going to find an under-the-cap team to trade for Danny for picks and/or a player making significantly less. Given that, is there a team or combination of teams who want to take on a $14M expiring (because at worst that is what Danny is) and yet can provide us with the strength we need off the bench (because ON AVERAGE that is what we could expect, that Danny will be a bench player as opposed to a starter). Add to this that ANY OF THE THREE OUTCOMES WITH DANNY IS A POSITIVE FOR THE TEAM - can't play? Expiring (which we desperately need for 2014 FA period) or retires injured (taking his salary off the LT limit for the 2013-2014 season and therefore it could be used by the trade deadline if we know it is going to take place - remember, LT is calculated by payroll at the end of the season). Can play well enough to play off the bench? Improves our bench. Can play well enough to start? Improves our bench by sending a more mature Lance to lead it.

    The ONLY problem with either second or third scenario is the idea that "egos" wouldn't let players accept bench roles, because they've said they want to start, somehow exactly the same as Collison. WRONG. "I want to start" is NOT AT ALL the same as "I don't want to come off the bench". I really get tired of people ac ting like wanting to start is some kind of temper tantrum - do you REALLY want anyone other than an aging role player to say, "No, I never want to start, I'm perfectly happy playing limited minutes off the bench"? I want EVERY player to have a goal to start. There's nothing wrong with that unless they somehow feel ENTITLED to it - in which case we have the ego issue, and in no case have we seen any indication whatsoever of that attitude from Lance or Danny. It is unfair and insulting to their professionalism to suggest it at this point, since it not only implies they are really selfish jerks it ALSO implies that they are lying through their teeth when they say they'll do whatever the team needs (this is ESPECIALLY true for Danny who already HAS done whatever the team needed on a number of occasions).
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  12. #133
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,045

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also heard Wells say that. I've wondered about the ego thing myself. On the other hand, Wells never struck me as someone to rely on for the truth about things like this.
    If Granger did have that kind of ego I suspect we would have seen some sign of it outside of just a random quote from a writer no one really cares for, and everyone seems to think is out of the loop. I am sure Danny has an ego, but I have seen no signs to suggest it is of the kind that would be offended by a better player starting over him, or him coming off the bench because it is better strategically while still getting starter minutes.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  14. #134
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys realize insurance covered most of his salary. This happens in sports, there is no point in trading Granger until the trade deadline. If Granger is even 80% he is better than just having Reddick who just signed for 24/4.
    I thought a player had to miss an entire season, or retire due to injury, before the insurance kicked in? Is that not correct?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  16. #135
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,010

    Default Re: Pacers make Granger available - Ken Berger CBS

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't think it was necessary. Besides, the Nuggets should be taking a hard look at Gerald Green. Think about it: Pairing up JaVale McGee and Gerald Green? Bar none, two of the most athletically gifted players in the league who just so happen to be the two dumbest players in the league. Unintentional comedy potential through the roof.
    Cue Benny Hill music!
    Danger Zone

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  18. #136
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of this is insane.

    First off, it isn't like we trade Danny and this year's $14M goes away like a leaf in the wind. We aren't going to find an under-the-cap team to trade for Danny for picks and/or a player making significantly less. Given that, is there a team or combination of teams who want to take on a $14M expiring (because at worst that is what Danny is) and yet can provide us with the strength we need off the bench (because ON AVERAGE that is what we could expect, that Danny will be a bench player as opposed to a starter). Add to this that ANY OF THE THREE OUTCOMES WITH DANNY IS A POSITIVE FOR THE TEAM - can't play? Expiring (which we desperately need for 2014 FA period) or retires injured (taking his salary off the LT limit for the 2013-2014 season and therefore it could be used by the trade deadline if we know it is going to take place - remember, LT is calculated by payroll at the end of the season). Can play well enough to play off the bench? Improves our bench. Can play well enough to start? Improves our bench by sending a more mature Lance to lead it.

    The ONLY problem with either second or third scenario is the idea that "egos" wouldn't let players accept bench roles, because they've said they want to start, somehow exactly the same as Collison. WRONG. "I want to start" is NOT AT ALL the same as "I don't want to come off the bench". I really get tired of people ac ting like wanting to start is some kind of temper tantrum - do you REALLY want anyone other than an aging role player to say, "No, I never want to start, I'm perfectly happy playing limited minutes off the bench"? I want EVERY player to have a goal to start. There's nothing wrong with that unless they somehow feel ENTITLED to it - in which case we have the ego issue, and in no case have we seen any indication whatsoever of that attitude from Lance or Danny. It is unfair and insulting to their professionalism to suggest it at this point, since it not only implies they are really selfish jerks it ALSO implies that they are lying through their teeth when they say they'll do whatever the team needs (this is ESPECIALLY true for Danny who already HAS done whatever the team needed on a number of occasions).
    Lance would get squirrelly every time it looked like Granger was ready to come back. I don't think it was selfishness or anything nefarious. I think it was just insecurity. He was a guy that Vogel, Shaw, and West had to manage a lot. He made huge strides last year, but he's still a pretty immature kid - as we all were at 22.

    At the same time, early/mid last season, rumbles were that Danny would not be happy coming back to a reserve role. Not happy enough to be a bad actor? Probably not, but there was some low-key tension/concern - as is to be expected in anything that could significantly alter the status quo.

    None of this indicate that the players are or will be problems due to character flaws. It is just a potentially difficult situation for the two of them.

    However, winning solves everything. If the Pacers come out next year and continue on their current path, then everyone will be good soldiers. If they struggle, then this situation will be one of the areas that will bear the most strain. That is simply the way things work.

    Regarding trading Danny, I would say this. Unless the Pacers get expiring deals when they trade him, then they are putting themselves dangerously close to the position of losing Lance next year, as well. Any player they get back now or at the deadline with a significant salary on next year's books could result in it being a de facto trade of Danny and Lance for that player.

  19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:


  20. #137
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,734

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    However, winning solves everything. If the Pacers come out next year and continue on their current path, then everyone will be good soldiers. If they struggle, then this situation will be one of the areas that will bear the most strain. That is simply the way things work.
    Most likely, but you never know. Didn't we trade Antonio Davis in large part because he wanted to start? And that was in 1999 after the team had gone to the Conference Finals two straight years. Winning certainly helps, but it never completely erases egos.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  22. #138
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most likely, but you never know. Didn't we trade Antonio Davis in large part because he wanted to start? And that was in 1999 after the team had gone to the Conference Finals two straight years. Winning certainly helps, but it never completely erases egos.
    True, but this is a one-year situation. I think the Antonio trade was partially motivated by his desire to start, but not necessarily "in large part." The Pacers looked extremely old and slow in their '99 ECF loss to the Knicks, and they were especially hurt by Camby. I believe that the desire to get younger and more athletic was the reason for the deal, and Antonio was the asset required to get the deal done. It wasn't a "dump Antonio" move.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:


  24. #139
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unless the Pacers get expiring deals when they trade him, then they are putting themselves dangerously close to the position of losing Lance next year, as well. Any player they get back now or at the deadline with a significant salary on next year's books could result in it being a de facto trade of Danny and Lance for that player.
    So, is it basically beyond the pale? Or are there a couple of scenarios where one year expirings could come our way?
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  25. #140
    Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    515
    Mood

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    The only trade scenario that would make sense for Granger is one that returns an expiring contract of
    a role player that can contribute and a player on a rookie deal for 2-3 more years who has potential to
    help next year going forward.

  26. #141
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,594

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most likely, but you never know. Didn't we trade Antonio Davis in large part because he wanted to start? And that was in 1999 after the team had gone to the Conference Finals two straight years. Winning certainly helps, but it never completely erases egos.
    I think AD's "desire" was a bit more strongly expressed than just answering "I want to start" as part of an interview about how he sees his future.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  28. #142
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ONLY problem with either second or third scenario is the idea that "egos" wouldn't let players accept bench roles, because they've said they want to start, somehow exactly the same as Collison. WRONG. "I want to start" is NOT AT ALL the same as "I don't want to come off the bench". I really get tired of people ac ting like wanting to start is some kind of temper tantrum - do you REALLY want anyone other than an aging role player to say, "No, I never want to start, I'm perfectly happy playing limited minutes off the bench"? I want EVERY player to have a goal to start. There's nothing wrong with that unless they somehow feel ENTITLED to it - in which case we have the ego issue, and in no case have we seen any indication whatsoever of that attitude from Lance or Danny. It is unfair and insulting to their professionalism to suggest it at this point, since it not only implies they are really selfish jerks it ALSO implies that they are lying through their teeth when they say they'll do whatever the team needs (this is ESPECIALLY true for Danny who already HAS done whatever the team needed on a number of occasions).
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  29. #143
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's kind of my whole point.

    One, I don't think he'll be traded at least in the offseason because I don't see another team willing to trade anything of value for a player that missed virtually the entire season with an uncommon injury.

    Two, even though it likely won't happen, I'd like to see a healthy Granger become the leader of the bench. His whole career with the Pacers he's been the focal point of the offense. He won't be that with the starters but he could resume that role playing as the 6th man.

    And third, the idea that the Pacers shouldn't trade Granger at any costs out of loyalty is absurd and just plain silly. I'm not advocating cutting him or trading him for next to nothing simply to get him off the team. If the right trade came along that made sense for the team, just like any other player, you make the trade.

    And Granger has been a good player and a good citizen his entire time with the Pacers.. But let's not forget that each time he could have left but didn't, it may have also had something to do with the Pacers offering him more money than anyone else. Yes, loyalty is important and it needs to go both ways.
    To me it goes like tis. Danny was loyal to us and we have to be loyal to him. Simple as that.

    Sure, if we get an absolutely amazing offer for him (about 0.5% chance of this happening) then it would make sense to trade him but not to a hell-hole.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  31. #144
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,035

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would suggest you find a nice video and treat him to it. Preferably something from the European Death Metal Scene, that seems to be his type of music.
    Request granted


    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  32. #145
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The ONLY problem with either second or third scenario is the idea that "egos" wouldn't let players accept bench roles, because they've said they want to start, somehow exactly the same as Collison. WRONG. "I want to start" is NOT AT ALL the same as "I don't want to come off the bench". I really get tired of people ac ting like wanting to start is some kind of temper tantrum - do you REALLY want anyone other than an aging role player to say, "No, I never want to start, I'm perfectly happy playing limited minutes off the bench"? I want EVERY player to have a goal to start. There's nothing wrong with that unless they somehow feel ENTITLED to it - in which case we have the ego issue, and in no case have we seen any indication whatsoever of that attitude from Lance or Danny. It is unfair and insulting to their professionalism to suggest it at this point, since it not only implies they are really selfish jerks it ALSO implies that they are lying through their teeth when they say they'll do whatever the team needs (this is ESPECIALLY true for Danny who already HAS done whatever the team needed on a number of occasions).
    This is a fine position, but it also means you are calling Wells "unfair" and someone who insults Danny's professionalism—if pacers4ever's attribution was correct:

    Not that I agree with him, but when Wells was co-hosting with Grady he stated Granger's ego wouldn't let him come off the bench. I would guess that same ego won't let him become less of a volume shooter....Wells made it seem like Granger meshing with this team would be difficult.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  33. #146
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Request granted


    Well, now I know what music PS&E is going with for the player introductions next fall . . .

  34. #147
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,594

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a fine position, but it also means you are calling Wells "unfair" and someone who insults Danny's professionalism—if pacers4ever's attribution was correct:
    Wells can do that all he wants, but I'd want to know the exact quote - there's a big difference between "I think <statement>" and "<statement>". One is speculation, the other implies certainty. I don't have any problems with people saying it "might" be an issue (though I will argue against it, as I have), I have problems with people calling Granger a definite cancer if he stays.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  36. #148
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,263
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Well I do like the opening guitar riffs. I can do without the vocalist.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  38. #149
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,082

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wells can do that all he wants, but I'd want to know the exact quote - there's a big difference between "I think " and "". One is speculation, the other implies certainty. I don't have any problems with people saying it "might" be an issue (though I will argue against it, as I have), I have problems with people calling Granger a definite cancer if he stays.
    I agree. A definite cancer is out of place. But I do count it as a concern. Hopefully, one that could be overcome.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers are calling and offering more tickets for game 1
    By The Big Smooth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 12:21 AM
  2. Pacers offering Solo and D. Jones in 2 for 1
    By Hibbert in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
  3. Pacers offering 1 yr contracts to FA's
    By Psyren in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 10:19 AM
  5. Pacers mentioned in Shaq derby again - Not offering JO
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •