Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 149

Thread: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

  1. #101
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,981

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    trade Granger at all costs. This team has moved on without him. I would happily take a second rounder for him. Cannot take the chance of having a cancer in the locker room
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:


  3. #102
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,610

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sigh

    Danny is unmovable until he returns from injury. No team is going to give out assets for a player that is a current question mark.

    So, moving now would be an extremely stupid basketball decision because it would guarantee that we would be getting low-balled.

    We need to wait until Granger returns from injury and shows that he's capable of being at least 80% of the player that he was.

    If he does that then he also happens to be the perfect fit for our team since what our team lacked this season was Danny's specialty, 3 point shooting.

    At this point, it's probably stupid on my part to try to reason with you regarding Granger but seriously. Do you not see that a healthy Danny would be amazing for this team as it would guarantee us scoring off the bench? Are you blind? Is your hate for Danny so big that you won't be happy if win a title just because Danny will be there as well?

    I mean, seriously..
    In fairness to Vnzla81 he was trying to be funny here. It was a play on words about a statement I made in my post from above.

    I would suggest you find a nice video and treat him to it. Preferably something from the European Death Metal Scene, that seems to be his type of music.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  4. #103
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,877
    Mood

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    All you have to do is look at Dwight to see examples of how Danny could have demonstrated disloyalty over the years. Despite difficult circumstances in his top years, he remained a positive locker room personality. He consistently reached out to the community and behaved like a true Pacer citizen. He's one of the main contributors to our drafting of Paul George. He got in Lebron's face and Wade's to try to protect his teammates from being physically intimidated last year. He cheered as loud as anyone from the bench this year. He has built a BatCave.

    Look, it's not like it's a battle between overly emotional fans who would never trade a player versus the hyper-rational armchair GMs. It comes down to two things: Danny Granger in 2013-14 and Larry Bird. And probably not in that order. For better or for worse, this franchise is the type that would trade talent for stability for a multiple-season attempt at a culture change. The type that would consistent pick third and fourth year college players in the draft unless the talent levels were just too damn high to pass on. This franchise and the guy who came back to run it don't do things like trade a Danny Granger. That's the team we cheer for, that's the identity. Through the door next year will walk #33.

  5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:


  6. #104

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    You guys realize insurance covered most of his salary. This happens in sports, there is no point in trading Granger until the trade deadline. If Granger is even 80% he is better than just having Reddick who just signed for 24/4.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:


  8. #105
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,043

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And how would the Pacers have mistreated Granger?
    You're missing the point! Bird told Danny that if Danny stayed while the Pacers were bad, he would keep him when the team got good. That means if you don't repay loyalty with loyalty it's on your record, and if Paul decided to go somewhere else down the road, the Pacers wouldn't have cause to complain because they would already have shown they aren't a loyal organization.

    Yes the NBA is a business, but businesses should do what they promise. Now if you say Bird shouldn't have made such a promise, well that's a different matter.

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:


  10. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you're such a martyr
    If he's a martyr if I ever met him I will have my eyes on his hands the whole damn time. He tells YALLA HALLAN, I am throwing one of you guys on top of me sorry. HM2 Greenwell going home.

  11. #107

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he's a martyr if I ever met him I will have my eyes on his hands the whole damn time. He tells YALLA HALLAN, I am throwing one of you guys on top of me sorry. HM2 Greenwell going home.
    I didn't understand a single word of this
    On the Lance bandwagon

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:


  13. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't understand a single word of this
    I know VNZLA isnt middle Eastern but think about the type of martyrs I gave dealt with.

  14. #109
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,229

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My knowledge on the NFL is very limited so I don't know a lot about the Manning situation but the Celtics treated Pierce very well. He stuck with them during some bad years so they build a team around him that won a championship and when they saw that it was time to rebuild they traded him to a contender.

    That's what I want to happen with Granger as well. Win a championship first and trade him later
    Yes, he stuck with them until he had enough of it and warned them he would ask for a trade unless they built a title challenger. Next thing, they paired him with Garnett and Allen and the rest is history.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

  15. #110
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't understand a single word of this
    I understand perfectly...Think along the lines of suicide bomber...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  17. #111
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,371

    Default

    Is the "Let him try to contribute to a Championship after all these years." concept really that hard to understand? Some of you are acting like that we're going to miss the playoffs entirely if Granger plays.

    What's funny is that some people expect Copeland to be a bigger impact than a healthy Granger.
    Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 07-03-2013 at 08:18 AM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:


  19. #112
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,080

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He consistently reached out to the community and behaved like a true Pacer citizen. He's one of the main contributors to our drafting of Paul George. He got in Lebron's face and Wade's to try to protect his teammates from being physically intimidated last year. He cheered as loud as anyone from the bench this year. He has built a BatCave.
    Superfluous, but still a nice touch.






    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  20. #113

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Loyalty goes both ways.
    That's kind of my whole point.

    One, I don't think he'll be traded at least in the offseason because I don't see another team willing to trade anything of value for a player that missed virtually the entire season with an uncommon injury.

    Two, even though it likely won't happen, I'd like to see a healthy Granger become the leader of the bench. His whole career with the Pacers he's been the focal point of the offense. He won't be that with the starters but he could resume that role playing as the 6th man.

    And third, the idea that the Pacers shouldn't trade Granger at any costs out of loyalty is absurd and just plain silly. I'm not advocating cutting him or trading him for next to nothing simply to get him off the team. If the right trade came along that made sense for the team, just like any other player, you make the trade.

    And Granger has been a good player and a good citizen his entire time with the Pacers.. But let's not forget that each time he could have left but didn't, it may have also had something to do with the Pacers offering him more money than anyone else. Yes, loyalty is important and it needs to go both ways.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:


  22. #114

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Wow, whoever says Danny is a cancer please just don't post anymore because you are clueless about the Pacers and basketball. He got hurt for a year so now he's a cancer? If Lance gets hurt and we lose in the Finals does that mean Lance was a cancer? We're a much better team with Danny. He can score and he can play defense! And from everything I've heard he's a team first guy.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  24. #115
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,080

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, whoever says Danny is a cancer please just don't post anymore because you are clueless about the Pacers and basketball. He got hurt for a year so now he's a cancer? If Lance gets hurt and we lose in the Finals does that mean Lance was a cancer? We're a much better team with Danny. He can score and he can play defense! And from everything I've heard he's a team first guy.
    I understand the frustration with the "cancer" comment. It could have been delivered better, with different wording. But he did back it up with some statements by Wells. It may not be correct, but it's not a complete reach. He should be countered on the merits, not just with insults.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  26. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you're such a martyr
    Well a bunch of posters have signatures and other things with my name on it, I even have one that is harrassing me by sending me stupids PM's, I also have fans that love to twist the crap out of whatever I post and say but yeah I'm a martyr for pointing that out

  27. #117
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,804
    Mood

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  28. #118
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,412

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I'm on a MAC!, there's also teams that can absorb Granger's salary. Those are teams like Milwaukee, Atlanta, Utah, Dallas, etc. They can give us combinations of young talent/draft picks that will not put us in financial jeopardy next season.

    How U? Who are those teams going to give us that would make us give up Granger? Please list some actual players. There is only one player on those rosters who I can think off the top of my head that I would want, Illyosova, but his salary probably put us in the Luxury tax next year.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  29. #119
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,015

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    You don't trade Danny for one simple reason, if he is anywhere close to what he was before the injury he is at worst your second best player, and you aren't going to get anything that gives you a better chance to win the championship.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  31. #120
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,602

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if he is anywhere close to what he was before the injury he is at worst your second best player
    He will never again be more important than Hibbert or Paul George. It's those two and then everyone else.

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  33. #121
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,015

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will never again be more important than Hibbert or Paul George. It's those two and then everyone else.
    More important isn't always the same as more talented.

  34. #122
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,602

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More important isn't always the same as more talented.


    We don't make it to Game 7 of the ECF's without Roy Hibbert. We don't make it to Game 7 of the ECF's without Paul George. We did, however, make it to Game 7 of the ECF's without Danny Granger.

    Call it whatever you want, but those two guys are on a level above every other player on the team.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  36. #123
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,247
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    I'll mention that the Pacers took a chance on a free agent who was coming back from an injury...what had he proven when they did so? I don't want to trade Dany because his presence brings immediate improvement to our first 6 players either thru he or Stephenson coming off the bench. We would have him, we don't have to look for another player that might end up being another Gerald Green.

    EDIT....that brings up the question. What free agent is out there, that we could afford and brings what Danny brings to the Pacers?
    Last edited by indygeezer; 07-03-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to indygeezer For This Useful Post:


  38. #124
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,015

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We don't make it to Game 7 of the ECF's without Roy Hibbert. We don't make it to Game 7 of the ECF's without Paul George. We did, however, make it to Game 7 of the ECF's without Danny Granger.
    I feel like you are arguing against something I never said.

  39. #125
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,602

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I feel like you are arguing against something I never said.

    You said that if healthy, he will at worst be the second best player on the team. I'm arguing that any way you slice it, he will never again be better than Hibbert or George, and I'm using last year's run to backup my point. I think that most people here would agree that if you subtract Hibbert or George, the team does not make it to Game 7 of the ECF's.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers are calling and offering more tickets for game 1
    By The Big Smooth in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 12:21 AM
  2. Pacers offering Solo and D. Jones in 2 for 1
    By Hibbert in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
  3. Pacers offering 1 yr contracts to FA's
    By Psyren in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 05:30 PM
  4. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 10:19 AM
  5. Pacers mentioned in Shaq derby again - Not offering JO
    By kerosene in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •