Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

I don't know. He's no Adrian Woj., but Ken Berger is a pretty reliable reporter. He's the one who broke the news on the lockout being over.

It's hard to imagine Bird lying or whatever, but let's see what happens.

*edit*

As for the Bledsoe deal, I imagine we didn't do it because we wouldn't be able to retain him next season. If we trade Granger, it'd probably be to a team that can absorb his contract and give back a smaller asset, like Utah for Alec Burks or Atlanta for a 1st rounder.
    Last edited by imawhat; 07-02-2013 at 06:46 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

oh shizzle..

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is kinda a conflicting report. If this was true, I see no reason why the Bledsoe/Granger offer(if true) wouldn't have been accepted.
    J.J Redick and Jared Dudley >> Granger. Plus Granger isn't healthy. The Clippers got the best best role players they needed. JJ and Dudley fill the roles they need.They really don't need a volume shooter they have that covered with Jamaal Crawford.

Dudley is a hell of a defender huge pickup. Add in J.J Redick on offense this trade was a no brainier IMO. Got two role players on long term deals that is much better than 14m for an injured volume shooter IMO.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Danny's often-injured?
    Yes.

Knee injury in college led him to drop to us at 17 in the draft, plantar fasciitis / torn plantar fascia, knee injury out for nearly entire season and who knows at this point if he can even play yet

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Where is Danny at in the latest rehab process? I never did hear his time table after the knee surgery.

So about that Granger for Bledsoe + Butler thing...

I saw we keep Granger and see how he has rehabilitated.

If not, we can move him at the trade deadline or let him expire
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

The inevitable decision between keeping Granger or Lance is going to polarize this board next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The inevitable decision between keeping Granger or Lance is going to polarize this board next summer.
    It all depends on how Granger looks. I'm starting to lean towards the vnzla camp in that I'm not certain Granger is or will be healthy. Just too many little murmurs suggesting his health is a question mark for my liking.

We will take pennies on the dollar right now to move him unless we get a no brainer deal. Although there are certain posters who would give him away and pay the other team to do so. Wait until the trade deadline.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

maybe this could be a part of something bigger? We were interested in Tony Allen (as reported by Wojo) for a reason. Maybe we trade Granger for not much and sign TA in FA....who knows

Not to mention that we don't need to trade Granger to get capspace for next season, his contract ends
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

I'm sure some team would take Granger. Right now it's too early. Everyone is waiting to see what Howard and Josh Smith does. And to a lesser extent, Ellis, Allen, etc. Granger will be someone's plan C or something.

If both play well, you are probably right. I seriously doubt we need to be concerned though. Granger will be gone, either his contract ends or he will be traded before next summer. He costs way too much to keep when we have to sign Paul George to a half billion dollar contract.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Id gladly take a poo poo platter to move Gerald
    Ha! But nobody is gonna give us a poo poo platter for Gerald unless it's really, really bad. Like, blowing our budget and team for years to come, ala Dunleavy/Murphy contracts bad. That's a poo poo platter with a side of whipped poo, washed down with...well, you get the idea. If it comes to that, I'd much rather see Gerald on the bench, waving his towel and collecting his regrettable salary.

Besides, we're talking about Danny being paired with Gerald to make taking him on more palatable. While we might take a poo poo platter for Gerald alone (I am really enjoying the phrase today - I know, I am basically 12), I highly doubt we would be willing to throw Granger in there too just to get rid of Green.
    Last edited by gummy; 07-02-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Not much of a decision to me.

I love Granger, but Lance is the right move.

trade Granger at all costs. This team has moved on without him. I would happily take a second rounder for him. Cannot take the chance of having a cancer in the locker room
    David "And One" West

That decision has already been made. I like Danny but there's a ton of nostalgia clouding up reality around here. Been that way for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    trade Granger at all costs. This team has moved on without him. I would happily take a second rounder for him. Cannot take the chance of having a cancer in the locker room
    was there supposed to be green text here?

25. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I'm not going to lie, I'm still not that sold on Lance....move them both for something lol jk jk, but seriously I'd like to keep them both somehow.

If we got rid of both, I'd somehow be more upset with losing DG from a nostalgic sense. Only way I'd be upset from losing Lance is if we actually get something questionable in return. (relax I know Lance isn't going anywhere, and he's young and is only going to get better)

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    not really. We cannot afford having a disgruntled, former all-star, P'Od about coming off the bench. If you have 2 guys that both want to start, you have to get rid of the other guy. Ask Darren Collison
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    Pacers are throwing a kink into the plans of much of PD if another team takes the bait.
    My hope next season is keeping Lance. I have been afraid of Grainger pushing him out the door. I like Danny, but Lance has age on his side. Not sure , unless we get an asset back, why we would try and trade him now though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

30. The Following User Says Thank You to spazzxb For This Useful Post:

Danny has said publicly that he still wants to start. Well, that's too bad because both Paul George and Lance Stephenson have taken his spot. Move on. Cut bait.
    David "And One" West

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DJVendetta View Post
    Not that I agree with him, but when Wells was co-hosting with Grady he stated Granger's ego wouldn't let him come off the bench. I would guess that same ego won't let him become less of a volume shooter. I mean I am not sure if Granger can adjust from a high volume shooter/star of the Pacers to shooter and defender who is merely a role player that we need. Wells made it seem like Granger meshing with this team would be difficult. I tend to agree. It will take Danny a long time to go from high volume guy to not so high volume. Tyreke Evans it took 2 years for him to adjust.

I would certainly keep Granger and hope he is healthy, and try to make him fit with the team instead of trading him for a 2nd.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Oh the irony of the timing of this article by Berger. One of the suggested trade locations for Danny was the Clippers and for Butler & Bledsoe and now that is no longer an option.

Good old Ken Berger keeping the Granger haters hopes alive for another day.

Psssssstttttt.....Notice that it is league sources and unnamed innuendo. Don't let the haters know this but Larry isn't trading Danny and he isn't even looking to trade Danny. Is he taking calls? You know it, but he is not actively looking to trade Granger.
    I really hope you are right. Shame on Bird if you aren't. Danny gave the Pacers too much to send him off when the team is finally good.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post: