Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

Question Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sookie, PG really won't have control over his destination for another 5 or 6 seasons (barring singing his qualifying offer), but loyalty does matter to Paul. There is some value in loyalty that I think generally gets overlooked here.

I'm on a MAC!, there's also teams that can absorb Granger's salary. Those are teams like Milwaukee, Atlanta, Utah, Dallas, etc. They can give us combinations of young talent/draft picks that will not put us in financial jeopardy next season.
    Just out of curiousity, what does the bolded/underlined portion of your quote above , have to do with the price of garbonzo beans in Djibouti?!? LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

graphic-er

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Chillout View Post

I used to be a big Granger fan- he was my guy- but not so much anymore. Something about him seems more Dunleavy than Hibbert in terms of investment in the team and the city. Could be wrong but that's my perception.
    What is this perception based on?
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    And how would the Pacers have mistreated Granger? By paying $52 million to play a freaking game, including $13 million for 5 games last year? By adding $14 more million to that next year? By keeping him in Indy for 8 seasons, which is far longer than most players ever stay with a single franchise?

If Granger was traded today, I don't see how that would be a turn off to PG. The Pacers have treated Granger extremely well. If it's ever in PG's interest to leave, then he'll leave, but odds are that won't be anytime soon since it's in his financial interest to stay with the Pacers.

Granger has been a very good player, but he's not the sort of icon that you must keep at all costs. Not even Paul Pierce or Peyton Manning were at that level, and they met far more to their franchises than Granger ever has to the Pacers.
    It's a complete lack of loyalty to trade the guy when we finally have the ability to compete for a championship, after he gave his best years to the team..while suffering through Jim O'brien.

Granger showed the Pacers loyalty. Return the favor. Period.

If he decides he'd like more money elsewhere, where the Pacers just can't afford him. Fine. But let him make that decision. It's just the right thing to do.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    It's a complete lack of loyalty to trade the guy when we finally have the ability to compete for a championship, after he gave his best years to the team..while suffering through Jim O'brien.

If he decides he'd like more money elsewhere, where the Pacers just can't afford him. Fine. But let him make that decision. It's just the right thing to do.
    Wait, why does the loyalty stop there? Why doesn't he re-sign back with the Pacers at a steep discount, out of loyalty to the Pacers organization that hasn't traded him, and allow the team to sign other core players as they compete for a championship?

You're taking this loyalty thing way too far.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

I'd rather they do the right basketball thing, whatever that is. It's a business, not a charity.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Banned

You make it sound like the guy has been suffering in basketball hell or something, the guy has been playing in the NBA for a long time while making a lot of money a lot of players would love to have what he has/had.

And like Pacers4ever said I'm glad you are not the GM doing business with your heart is not good business.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    You make it sound like the guy has been suffering in basketball hell or something, the guy has been playing in the NBA for a long time while making a lot of money a lot of players would love to have what he has/had.

And like Pacers4ever said I'm glad you are not the GM doing business with your heart is not good business.
    haha funny you mention bball hell...he did have to suffer through JOB...
    follow me @TruenoPanda - lets talk Pacers!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BornReady View Post
    haha funny you mention bball hell...he did have to suffer through JOB...
    Actually that kind of basketball was pretty beneficial for him, he became an all star because the clown let him do whatever he wanted to do, the clown did not care about him jacking up shots and not playing D.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Cannot take the chance of having a cancer in the locker room
    There is certainly a business reason for reducing salary, so sadly Granger might have to go.

But trade him to reduce the risk of Granger being a cancer in he locker room? That has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen posted here on the forum. Or, did you simply not watch games and follow the team during the past season?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

I think what I've found so far with Bird is that you can take him for his word. I think I'll stick with him on that unless he proves otherwise. He said he's not trading Danny and wants to keep this core together. It's the right thing to do and the best basketball move to make considering what a healthy Danny Granger brings to this team versus what his trade value is right now.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    not really. We cannot afford having a disgruntled, former all-star, P'Od about coming off the bench. If you have 2 guys that both want to start, you have to get rid of the other guy. Ask Darren Collison

Cold.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KennerLeaguer For This Useful Post:

I doubt that he's being shopped by the team but with his absence while the team is succeeding Granger's risk of being traded is the highest this year. But I hope he's not traded simply because I think he can still contribute and this coming season is one of the best chances to win a championship.

And in terms of loyalty and business, I think there's a double standard here. If he's a superstar fans want him to be loyal and they'll diss him when he leaves or tries to but when he's just an average to above-average player fans either don't care if he's gone because of business perspective or they'll be the ones pushing him to be gone even if he's loyal and truly loves to play for the team. Not really favoring one side but let's just be consistent with our stand. If at some point one of our young stars decided to leave or ask a trade and join other teams, I hope I won't hear those "less emotionally attached" guys to bash them for having "no loyalty" to the franchise, because players too think of their profession and business, not just franchises and fans.

I'm tempted to sticky this thread for use later this year or better yet next year.

I'm not even mad or upset because all I'm doing is sitting back watching some of you twist in the wind getting all hopeful that Danny will be a Timberwolf, Pelican, Bobcat or whatever other team.

From the Danny fan club perspective when Bird came back this became an almost no lose situation for us. Why? Simple even we will admit that right now he has little to no trade value and the team is not going to take back salary, even young talented salary knowing that they have to pay Paul & Lance soon. So they aren't going to move him now.

But what about if he plays well enough to be moved by the trade deadline, you might ask. The only chance this happens at all is as follows, if Danny is doing well but the team is struggling. That's it, that's your only hope and frankly if your hoping for that then I question your loyalty to the Pacers. But conversely if he plays well enough to be traded and the team is doing well, he won't be traded. They are not going to break up a good thing.

If for whatever reason he is unhealthy again this year I would not put it past Danny to retire. But even if he doesn't the team will ride out his expiring contract.

Danny Granger will be a Pacer for the 2013-14 season.

So whether you like or whether you don't like it, learn to love it because its the best thing going today.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I'm tempted to sticky this thread for use later this year or better yet next year.

I'm not even mad or upset because all I'm doing is sitting back watching some of you twist in the wind getting all hopeful that Danny will be a Timberwolf, Pelican, Bobcat or whatever other team.

From the Danny fan club perspective when Bird came back this became an almost no lose situation for us. Why? Simple even we will admit that right now he has little to no trade value and the team is not going to take back salary, even young talented salary knowing that they have to pay Paul & Lance soon. So they aren't going to move him now.

But what about if he plays well enough to be moved by the trade deadline, you might ask. The only chance this happens at all is as follows, if Danny is doing well but the team is struggling. That's it, that's your only hope and frankly if your hoping for that then I question your loyalty to the Pacers. But conversely if he plays well enough to be traded and the team is doing well, he won't be traded. They are not going to break up a good thing.

If for whatever reason he is unhealthy again this year I would not put it past Danny to retire. But even if he doesn't the team will ride out his expiring contract.

Danny Granger will be a Pacer for the 2013-14 season.

So whether you like or whether you don't like it, learn to love it because its the best thing going today.

Not a lot to hate when we know he won't be back next year anyways, in other words enjoy him while he is here because he is not going to be here that long.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 07-03-2013 at 12:23 AM.

Not a lot to hate when we know he won't be back next year anyways, in other words enjoy him while he is here because he is not going to be here that long.

Get ready for PG's team for years to come.
    You say that last part like I'm supposed to be offended. I love Paul, he is Danny's protege after all

Also what I love the most is, even though you hate it, you know I'm right. Danny is here one more year and in that year all that I want out of life (well other than a Pacers title) is for him to score 252 points and pass Jermaine O'Neal on the all time scoring leader board for the Pacers. If things work out right he should end up 3rd all time this year and sadly (for me anyway) that is where it will end, but hey that's still pretty good company.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I'll hold you to this all season next year.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

By the way I'm starting to question the loyalty of some around here hoping that the Pacers keep a player that is making 14mil and don't do anything to move him just because they love and have a mancrush on this player, they rather see the Pacers fail and watch this player on the bench than to use that money in something that could help the Pacers win a championship.

Shame on some of you that hope the Pacers retain him even if he is sitting on the bench.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'll hold you to this all season next year.
    It won't be the first time somebody does that to me, it looks like I'm the only around here that is held accountable.

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

It won't be the first time somebody does that to me, it looks like I'm the only around here that is held accountable.
    you're such a martyr

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

By the way I'm starting to question the loyalty of some around here hoping that the Pacers keep a player that is making 14mil and don't do anything to move him just because they love and have a mancrush on this player, they rather see the Pacers fail and watch this player on the bench than to use that money in something that could help the Pacers win a championship.

Shame on some of you that hope the Pacers retain him even if he is sitting on the bench.
    I'd try and work this out logically for you to show you how what you are saying is a contradiction but instead I'm going to treat you to this old Bubba Sparxxx video.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Not that I agree with him, but when Wells was co-hosting with Grady he stated Granger's ego wouldn't let him come off the bench. I would guess that same ego won't let him become less of a volume shooter. I mean I am not sure if Granger can adjust from a high volume shooter/star of the Pacers to shooter and defender who is merely a role player that we need. Wells made it seem like Granger meshing with this team would be difficult. I tend to agree. It will take Danny a long time to go from high volume guy to not so high volume. Tyreke Evans it took 2 years for him to adjust.

I would certainly keep Granger and hope he is healthy, and try to make him fit with the team instead of trading him for a 2nd.
    But Granger has taken less and less shots each year with Vogel. He has said that this is Paul George's team now.

I didn't heard Wells podcast but everything that I've read so far indicates that he has no problem being the second / third fiddle.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Granger has been a very good player, but he's not the sort of icon that you must keep at all costs. Not even Paul Pierce or Peyton Manning were at that level, and they met far more to their franchises than Granger ever has to the Pacers.
    My knowledge on the NFL is very limited so I don't know a lot about the Manning situation but the Celtics treated Pierce very well. He stuck with them during some bad years so they build a team around him that won a championship and when they saw that it was time to rebuild they traded him to a contender.

That's what I want to happen with Granger as well. Win a championship first and trade him later

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    Wait, why does the loyalty stop there? Why doesn't he re-sign back with the Pacers at a steep discount, out of loyalty to the Pacers organization that hasn't traded him, and allow the team to sign other core players as they compete for a championship?

You're taking this loyalty thing way too far.
    Loyalty goes both ways.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Sigh

Danny is unmovable until he returns from injury. No team is going to give out assets for a player that is a current question mark.

So, moving now would be an extremely stupid basketball decision because it would guarantee that we would be getting low-balled.

We need to wait until Granger returns from injury and shows that he's capable of being at least 80% of the player that he was.

If he does that then he also happens to be the perfect fit for our team since what our team lacked this season was Danny's specialty, 3 point shooting.

At this point, it's probably stupid on my part to try to reason with you regarding Granger but seriously. Do you not see that a healthy Danny would be amazing for this team as it would guarantee us scoring off the bench? Are you blind? Is your hate for Danny so big that you won't be happy if win a title just because Danny will be there as well?

I mean, seriously..

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post: