Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

Hybrid View

Sports Logo

Default CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ke...nger-available

The Pacers' agreement with forward David West on a three-year, $36-million deal on Tuesday coincided with ongoing exploration of possible trades for Danny Granger and Gerald Green, league sources said. Teams have been anticipating that the Pacers would be inclined to move one or both of them, especially if they re-signed West. The Pacers, who also have reached an agreement with backup point guard C.J. Watson, have to clear future room under the tax threshold as they plan for giving long-term deals to Paul George and Lance Stephenson.

Despite the Pacers' desire to find a destination for the often-injured Granger and Green, they're finding "no market" for either player at the moment, one rival executive said.
    I kind of hope they don't find a taker for Danny, we win a ring, then send him out right.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers make Granger available - Ken Berger CBS

The Pacers' agreement with forward David West on a three-year, $36-million deal on Tuesday coincided with ongoing exploration of possible trades for Danny Granger and Gerald Green, league sources said. Teams have been anticipating that the Pacers would be inclined to move one or both of them, especially if they re-signed West. The Pacers, who also have reached an agreement with backup point guard C.J. Watson, have to clear future room under the tax threshold as they plan for giving long-term deals to Paul George and Lance Stephenson.

Despite the Pacers' desire to find a destination for the often-injured Granger and Green, they're finding "no market" for either player at the moment, one rival executive said.
    Apologies if this is already posted.

Default Re: Pacers make Granger available - Ken Berger CBS

I, for one, am shocked there is no market for Gerald Green.

5. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I, for one, am shocked there is no market for Gerald Green.
    I see no green font, why?
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    Didn't think it was necessary. Besides, the Nuggets should be taking a hard look at Gerald Green. Think about it: Pairing up JaVale McGee and Gerald Green? Bar none, two of the most athletically gifted players in the league who just so happen to be the two dumbest players in the league. Unintentional comedy potential through the roof.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Mood

Didn't think it was necessary. Besides, the Nuggets should be taking a hard look at Gerald Green. Think about it: Pairing up JaVale McGee and Gerald Green? Bar none, two of the most athletically gifted players in the league who just so happen to be the two dumbest players in the league. Unintentional comedy potential through the roof.
    That would be fantastic.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Undefeated

Cue Benny Hill music!
    Danger Zone

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by khaos01207 View Post
    That green font is really hard to read - at least on my laptop.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:

Nice find. Hadn't seen it posted.

But no real news. We already knew we've been shopping both, but I doubt we find a taker on either (Granger needs to prove he's healthy, and Gerald, well, sucks).
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Pacers are throwing a kink into the plans of much of PD if another team takes the bait.

At this point, I don't see how we could get another team to bite on Granger without us taking on some awful contracts in return. In that case, we might as well see what we have in him this season and just let the contract expire.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

Might as well put it out there just in case something crazy happens (we all know that GM's lose their **** from time to time). I doubt the FO is really expecting much to come of it, or that we'll take on poo platters just to move them.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Mood

Default Re: CBS: Pacers offering Granger in trades. Oh, and Green obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I kind of hope they don't find a taker for Danny, we win a ring, then send him out right.
    Yeah that was my thought on it... Danny was here for all the ****** losing years right after the event that shall not be named, and he was a leading scorer on a hopeless team coached by he who shall not be named... Dude deserves to come and win the ring with us next year.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post

Might as well put it out there just in case something crazy happens (we all know that GM's lose their **** from time to time). I doubt the FO is really expecting much to come of it, or that we'll take on poo platters just to move them.
    Id gladly take a poo poo platter to move Gerald
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Wouldn't that be just trading platters?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Ha! But nobody is gonna give us a poo poo platter for Gerald unless it's really, really bad. Like, blowing our budget and team for years to come, ala Dunleavy/Murphy contracts bad. That's a poo poo platter with a side of whipped poo, washed down with...well, you get the idea. If it comes to that, I'd much rather see Gerald on the bench, waving his towel and collecting his regrettable salary.

Besides, we're talking about Danny being paired with Gerald to make taking him on more palatable. While we might take a poo poo platter for Gerald alone (I am really enjoying the phrase today - I know, I am basically 12), I highly doubt we would be willing to throw Granger in there too just to get rid of Green.
    Last edited by gummy; 07-02-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Does this mean they havent got any offers? Or they are asking to much so they havent got any offers?

Reason I ask this, no team would give a 2nd round pick for green?

I'm sure some team would take Granger. Right now it's too early. Everyone is waiting to see what Howard and Josh Smith does. And to a lesser extent, Ellis, Allen, etc. Granger will be someone's plan C or something.

Sports Logo

There's really limited options to do anything that makes sense. Maybe one of the teams that's chasing Dwight misses out and says "screw it, it's one year, take this Green guy and see if Granger's still got it for a year." Or you're taking back significant salary that, if it isn't on big expiring deals, complicates next summer even more, a package like that would be really hard to find.

Honestly, I don't really see the point in trying to trade Danny this offseason given the qualifiers. Unless they're trying to dump him for free basically and do something really crazy.

I don't know why you guys are believing this report, Green of course, but Bird said he's not trading Danny.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I don't know why you guys are believing this report, Green of course, but Bird said he's not trading Danny.
    Exactly...I mean it should be blatantly obvious whats going on here. Rival executive thats probably pissed at Bird and the Pacers for any number of reasons puts it out there in an effort to try and create a little drama for the Pacers to have to deal with. Whatever. Makes no sense whatsoever. None. If the Pacers were going to do such then they would do so at the trading deadline when maybe either of the two players might have developed a little value. Otherwise, they both are pretty much at an alltime low...Probably was the Knicks. They probably tried to get Larry to take Amare for Danny and Gerald and he scoffed at the idea. Couple that with the Pacers rumored interest in Copeland and next thing you know you have a piece that does noone any good some how getting published. I mean there is no news here. With all that is going on, wheres the news here? Pfft.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Question: Play out Danny's last year & "Go For It", or move him & begin life 1 year earlier without him/ being 1 year ahead come next year?
    What We Need/Want: Need his salary for Paul's extension & Lance, so no "long term deals" can come back/ Want a good young player at beginning/ middle of rookie deal to build with + dump Green.
    Problem: Don't see that deal out there (after taking a quick look). Anyone have any options?

Solve the above before we get going too far on this.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

30. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

Im actually really surprised Danny is available after Bird made it clear he isnt going to be traded....... interesting I guess

I mean really, what was Bird supposed to say? "Yup, Danny is on the market! So hurry to the phones, other NBA GMs, and make me a low ball offer!"

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Oh the irony of the timing of this article by Berger. One of the suggested trade locations for Danny was the Clippers and for Butler & Bledsoe and now that is no longer an option.

Good old Ken Berger keeping the Granger haters hopes alive for another day.

Psssssstttttt.....Notice that it is league sources and unnamed innuendo. Don't let the haters know this but Larry isn't trading Danny and he isn't even looking to trade Danny. Is he taking calls? You know it, but he is not actively looking to trade Granger.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked