Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers and Chris Copeland (from the knicks) have strong mutual interest.......

Banned

Default Re: Pacers and Chris Copeland (from the knicks) have strong mutual interest.......

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it's that much I hope it's for 1 year, 3 mil is too much for Copeland.
    Anything is too much for Copeland.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers and Chris Copeland (from the knicks) have strong mutual interest.......

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Anything is too much for Copeland.
    I'm gonna need a little more proof for this statement.

Can we not agree he scorched us on offense in the playoffs? I think so. Is he a liability with defense and rebounds? Yes. But what I need to know is whether his hot streaks in the playoff were a net plus or minus for the Knicks. I'm guessing a net plus. If so, he has worth. Maybe not $3 million, but he's worth SOMETHING.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

3. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    If it's that much I hope it's for 1 year, 3 mil is too much for Copeland.
    Bottom line is they need to use that mini mle on more than just Copeland. They still need to replace Jr Smith and if that Bargs trade goes threw then they have his replacement for losing Copeland.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Yup exactly.

More precisely, I think we were willing to spend the full MLE only on certain candidates (Tony Allen certainly, maybe Budinger but I don't think we'd offer the full amount to him), but now that they're off the market, we're looking at cheaper guys to fill our needs.
    Budinger agreed with the Wolves along with Kevin Martin.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    I'm not sure what your position was with regards to Gerald Green last summer to be honest.
    The original version, the standard version, the revised standard version, or the new revised standard version?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not a huge fan of getting Copeland but if we do could we offer a declining contract with the first year over 3.18 mil (the Knicks matching limit)? I don't necessarily want him but a 2-3 year declining contract could stop him from being Gerald Green vs 2.0...

Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar

I was on the fence about trying to sign this guy... but since vnzla81 is so against it I am all in now.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to t1hs0n For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    The original version, the standard version, the revised standard version, or the new revised standard version?
    The original's lost.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    The original's lost.
    But bits of the aramaic scrolls were recently found underneath an old Troy Murphy jersey.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

He'd stretch the floor for Hibbert and West to work inside and add some scoring punch. Beyond that, I don't know. He doesn't fit our smashmouth identity at all, and while he'd be better defensively against the Heat then say Hansbrough covering Ray Allen...it also makes it a lot easier for the Heat to cover us as LeBron or Battier would have no issues covering Copeland.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    He'd stretch the floor for Hibbert and West to work inside and add some scoring punch. Beyond that, I don't know. He doesn't fit our smashmouth identity at all, and while he'd be better defensively against the Heat then say Hansbrough covering Ray Allen...it also makes it a lot easier for the Heat to cover us as LeBron or Battier would have no issues covering Copeland.
    LeBron and Battier had no issues covering Hansbrough either

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

(to vnzla81) I'm not sure what your position was with regards to Gerald Green last summer to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    The original's lost.
    But bits of the aramaic scrolls were recently found underneath an old Troy Murphy jersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by t1hs0n View Post
    I was on the fence about trying to sign this guy... but since vnzla81 is so against it I am all in now.
    Last edited by Mourning; 07-03-2013 at 10:50 AM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    LeBron and Battier had no issues covering Hansbrough either
    That's a fair point, but in theory, should've. That's why I'd rather have someone like Landry.

I expect us to try and sign Copeland and then try to resign Jeff or someone similar in capabilities to a small contract. The summer would then be finished with a cheap 3rd string backup PG.

Personally, if we go along the lines of this route I would like us to add Copeland and substitute Jeff with Ivan Johnson IF he can be had for a reasonable contract. What exactly defines as "reasonable"? More then Jeff, no doubt, but nowhere near the MLE. That leaves plenty of room for discussion. Finish it with adding a 3rd string PG.

This would give our bench a lot of options to chose from for our coach. Both defensively and offensively and I would guess it's quite likely that this wouldn't put us as close to the LT as adding Landry for example would.

Ivan Johnson would fit in with the concept of SMASHMOUTH BB, but it seems he has an anger problem. With the way the Pacers value a player with good citizenship, I don't feel he's an option. He'd definately fill Tyler's place as a physical PITA to other teams players tho.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Signing this guy would be the equivalent of signing Green last year horrible signing if happens.
    Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I really don't want Copeland.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I wouldn't mind him for say 1-2+ milion a year, but 3 years at 3+ milion a year seems quite bloody steep, yes.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I also have a hard time believing that we are looking at Cope to play PF. I wold assume that we have a trade lined up for a PF and he would play SF if signed, which is in no way a done deal.

I would rather pay Tyler Hansbrough $4.4 million or whatever his QO was for 1 year than Chris Copeland $3 million for multiple years.

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I don't want Copeland. He's a tweener, and I want a rugged PF that can play "D", reb, and score in the paint. The Pacers have enough players in CJ, Granger, OJ, and SHill that can score and shoot 3's. You bring in Copeland and SHill gets shoved further down the bench.

My hope, after all the carp I've given him, is that Miles can contribute this up coming season. He's exactly what I described, and is supposedly capable of doing so... at least Bird apparently thought so. I'd rather sign Pendy and give Plumlee a chance than sign Copeland. If not Pendy look at players like Mareese Speights or Blair.

I'm definately not in favor of it, but I'm truly surprised no one has mentioned bringing McBob back.

Mood

I'd rather just have Danny split his time between starting SF and those 15 minutes of backup PF that will be available than ask Copeland to do it.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'd rather just have Danny split his time between starting SF and those 15 minutes of backup PF that will be available than ask Copeland to do it.

I just have a real issue putting a recently injured Granger at playing PF. Call it being leary, but to me PF is a good way of getting Granger injured again. If Granger is suppose to be the player to put the Pacers in a position to win a championship, I see no need play him at PF. JMOAA

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I would rather pay Tyler Hansbrough $4.4 million or whatever his QO was for 1 year than Chris Copeland $3 million for multiple years.
    I absolutely hate to say it, but I agree. And I loathe Hans.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I just have a real issue putting a recently injured Granger at playing PF. Call it being leary, but to me PF is a good way of getting Granger injured again. If Granger is suppose to be the player to put the Pacers in a position to win a championship, I see no need play him at PF. JMOAA
    How many banging PFs are there in the league? Not many anymore. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Mood

I understand the concern about the stress on his legs being posted up, but to me it just doesn't happen that often, especially amongst second units, and it's not like we have a laundry list of stretch 4's who go down with leg injuries due to this, do we?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I don't want Copeland. He's a tweener, and I want a rugged PF that can play "D", reb, and score in the paint.
    In other words, (and with respect to a thread from a few years ago) you want a power forward with POWER.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post: