Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is this Exum blowhard, and why is he insisting on playing for LA? He can keep his attitude overseas.
    He's going the Kobe route?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Who is this Exum blowhard, and why is he insisting on playing for LA? He can keep his attitude overseas.
    I really shouldn't even repond to this you have no clue.

Exum is the best pg in the draft IMO and possibly has the most potential of any player. Where are you getting he wants to play in LA? He simply stated he wants to talk to Kobe about making the jump from HS to the NBA. His attitude is one of the best parts of his game kid is a really hard worker and really understands the game. He did hire an agent who hides his players and get them drafted to the best fit for their long term success. Being mature enough to ask for advise is a + in my book not making him a "blowhard"

He also stated he wants to go somewhere he can start and a team that needs him.

''I want to go to a place that needs me, I don't want to go somewhere like the [LA] Clippers who have Chris Paul and be stuck behind him,'' he said. ''I want to go to a team which is going to want and need me, and hopefully get minutes in my first season.'' Exum

I love everything about the kid his jumper has flawless mechanics IMO (He just need more reps)

He plays both sides of the ball and really runs his team. He is a good kid who I would strongly consider if I had the #1 pick.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-05-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    . . . He plays both sides of the ball and really runs his team. He is a good kid who I would strongly consider if I had the #1 pick.
    I do have no clue, . But is this guy good enough to pass on both of the Kansas guys? Especially Embiid. Full sized bigs that can play are rare. Is Exum that good?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    I do have no clue, . But is this guy good enough to pass on both of the Kansas guys? Especially Embiid. Full sized bigs that can play are rare. Is Exum that good?
    Embid still hasn't proven to me he can play vs legit bigs. Cameron Ridley really limited him last week. Most of his breakout offensive games are vs 6'7ish guys. I am also a bit concerned about his defense. Embid is really all projection right now he isn't as good as these media outlets are proclaiming him to be IMO. Don't get me wrong I project him to be one of the better centers in the league in a few years. He has all teh tools I look for in a big.

I still have Wiggins ahead of Embid. Wiggns is already an elite defender, and just like Embid has shown flashes of how he can become a great offensive player.

To me it will be about the fit if I am the Bucks and we already have a good rim protector in Sanders do I draft Embid? I think I would lean toward Exum. I do agree that his future as a rim protector is very good and if I was starting a team from scratch I would probably take Embid because he is harder to find. Although I really love Exum his talent is really rare as well. You will soon find out why I love this kids game. He is the complete package IMO and has perinatal all star all over him if he keeps getting better.

Right now my big board is

Exum/Embid/ Wiggins in a tier

then Randle, Aaron Gordon, Smart in the next tier

, Parker, Vonleh Gary Harris and a few others after that in that same tier.

I am lower on Jabari than most and it is for defense. He can't guard his own and is terrible in help defense.

I also like Aaron Gordon a lot for the future. We are not drafting for next year but the next 10. I believe he will be a guy that gets a lot better his raw tools are very very good.

This is all subject to change. I am still evaluating a lot of players. But I feel like I have a good understanding of the elite guys. I have watched all of them plenty.

Exum is the best pg in the draft IMO and possibly has the most potential of any player. Where are you getting he wants to play in LA? He simply stated he wants to talk to Kobe about making the jump from HS to the NBA. His attitude is one of the best parts of his game kid is a really hard worker and really understands the game. He did hire an agent who hides his players and get them drafted to the best fit for their long term success. Being mature enough to ask for advise is a + in my book not making him a "blowhard"

''I want to go to a place that needs me, I don't want to go somewhere like the [LA] Clippers who have Chris Paul and be stuck behind him,'' he said. ''I want to go to a team which is going to want and need me, and hopefully get minutes in my first season.'' Exum

I love everything about the kid his jumper has flawless mechanics IMO (He just need more reps)

He plays both sides of the ball and really runs his team. He is a good kid who I would strongly consider if I had the #1 pick.
    This is a very blowhardish thing to say. He thinks he is good enough to contribute right now even though he is only a teenager, and doesn't need time to develop. Not saying that he isn't good enough to contribute as a rookie teenager, but the above comment isn't a humble thing to say
    David "And One" West

Mood

This is a very blowhardish thing to say. He thinks he is good enough to contribute right now even though he is only a teenager, and doesn't need time to develop. Not saying that he isn't good enough to contribute as a rookie teenager, but the above comment isn't a humble thing to say
    LOL ok you clearly have never played basketball. Good players have egos, hell bad players have egos. I had a huge ego when I played. You are reading way to much into it. I would expect a player to want to play as much as possible especially a player as good as Exum. Any competitor has that mind set, they just don't always verbalize it.

This Indiana St vs Wichita st is all kinds of fun wish I would of had a ticket. Manny Arop is doing all he can to keep the Sycamores in the game. Great first half.

EDIT: Arop for 3!!!!! Tie game!

I just watched a Dante Exum video, and he does seem like a nice kid. Mature for his age. However I don't understand why an Australian player would not want to attend college before the NBA. The skill level has to be significantly higher in the NCAA than Australia, and Dante could definitely benefit from playing one year in college. I can't imagine anybody going from Australia directly to the NBA and dominating without facing better competition. I also thought it was unsettling that his own father wanted no part of having his son play NCAA. Call me old fashioned lol, but I see value in playing NCAA
    David "And One" West

He's like 6'6" right? I know MCW is making it at pg and he's like 6'7", but will Exum stick at pg or will he eventually be a sg?

point guards are becoming taller than sgs. What craziness is this?
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

thoughts on nik stauskas anyone? i think he has a solid nba future if he keeps improving
    "We want Miami"

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    thoughts on nik stauskas anyone? i think he has a solid nba future if he keeps improving
    That is the big thing. He needs to keep getting better. He has a few holes in his game that will hurt him at the next level. With that said I really like his game, and how he plays. He has some of the best vision of any SG.

If I am his coach Exum is a pg. He sees the game like a pg if he goes to a place that lets him play through mistakes like the 76ers are doing with MCW he will be fine long term as a pg. He isn't going to be a stud from day one like a Lillard. Most players aren't ready for the NBA like Damian was very few lite the league up from day one. I like his leadership qualites as well.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-06-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Mood

Marcus Smart is going all Ron Artest. Dude just cost his team the game. He is showing maturity issues the past month isnt handling adversity well at all.

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Marcus "isnt" Smart needs kicked out of the NCAA. I'd have him up on assault charges if I was that fan. No place for that. The NBA should never sign him to a contract.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Marcus Smart is going all Ron Artest. Dude just cost his team the game. He is showing maturity issues the past month isnt handling adversity well at all.
    What do you think of the Johnson kid who is the nephew of a Dennis Johnson. Quite athletic point guard.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

that same dude Smart shoved got caught on video taunting a Texas A&M kid a few years ago. TAMU kid had a big dunk to close the half and the guy stuck his tongue out making some dumb face at him and gave the player the bras d'honneur F you gesture.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    that same dude Smart shoved got caught on video taunting a Texas A&M kid a few years ago. TAMU kid had a big dunk to close the half and the guy stuck his tongue out making some dumb face at him and gave the player the bras d'honneur F you gesture.
    He had to have said something really bad, and it still doesn't matter, the dude is really dumb.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo

if that's true the guy's lucky all he got was a shove

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

However I don't understand why an Australian player would not want to attend college before the NBA. The skill level has to be significantly higher in the NCAA than Australia,... I also thought it was unsettling that his own father wanted no part of having his son play NCAA.
    P4E can comment on this, but based on the Aussies I've seen at UNM and around the West, this isn't necessarily so. Most if not all of the Australian imports go to school at the Australian Institute of Sport. Think a really tough high school with a major in basketball. Also, most have significant international experience, certainly in Exum's case. He's competed against his peers from the US and elsewhere and done very, very well.

Hugh Greenwood and Cam Bairstow came to UNM with quite a bit of talent and a willingness to work their tails off. In the distant past one of my contemporaries at UNM, Luc Longley, was the same way. If Exum's head is anything like theirs, with the talent he has, he'll be fine. Maybe not a superstar right away, but a contributor.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    What do you think of the Johnson kid who is the nephew of a Dennis Johnson. Quite athletic point guard.
    Not sure I would classify Nick as a pg, but he is a really good basketball player. He is a lock down defender this year, and that skill should translate. Although Arizona's schemes are so good they tricked me into thinking Solo Hill was a better defender than he is. The issue for him is there will be a lot of players that fit that bill this draft. Insane amount of really good combo guards right now in college ball. I would take Semja and Payton over him, but that is just personally preference.

On the Smart issue. I don't care what the dude said you have to keep your composure can't stoop to a fans level. It isn't just the shoving and hitting a chair last week. He doesn't handle losing well at all his body language has sucked most of the season. He hasn't looked like he has had a lick of fun all year.

N
    On the Smart issue. I don't care what the dude said you have to keep your composure can't stoop to a fans level. It isn't just the shoving and hitting a chair last week. He doesn't handle losing well at all his body language has sucked most of the season. He hasn't looked like he has had a lick of fun all year.
    Yeah, I tend to agree. If he did say "the word" then that fan deserves to get the ****ing **** kicked out of him, but you have to control yourself if you are Marcus Smart. If Stern was the czar of the NCAA, Smart's season is over. Frankly, it probably should be.

Also, that fan should be done as well. I don't care how much money he gives to the athletic department; you don't say **** like that. He's done (for life at Texas Tech games) and Smart's NCAA career is over.
    Last edited by cdash; 02-09-2014 at 03:48 AM.

If you are a sports athlete you should not lose your composer and cool no matter what is said to you period.

If you cant then the sport isn't for you.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Sports Logo

No. Just, no. Seriously, **** that noise. Inside the lines or not, basketball players are people, you know that. Same deal as Artest with the brawl, dude got a damn beer thrown on him, that doesn't fly. Forget the context, just in general terms of life. IF a 50 something year old dude said that to his face I have no problem with Smart's reaction. Zero. I know he had the chair kicking incident and all that, I know him being able to contain himself is a red flag that's popped up in the last few weeks. But if that dude said that good for Smart.

If you wanna put a red flag on Smart for shoving a dude that may've called him a ****** then OK, I won't. We gotta get past this notion that players have to block out everything they hear, they're people just the same as us, you know that p4e. Booing, heckling, whatever, go for it as long it's related to the guy's play. If you wouldn't say it to the guy's face on the street then shut up. Buying a ticket doesn't mean common decency is out the window.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

And people thought Stephenson had issues going into the draft. Marcus Smart makes Lance look like a choir boy lol
    David "And One" West

Sports Logo

And people thought Stephenson had issues going into the draft. Marcus Smart makes Lance look like a choir boy lol
    this isn't remotely accurate

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Yeah, I tend to agree. If he did say "the word" then that fan deserves to get the ****ing **** kicked out of him, but you have to control yourself if you are Marcus Smart. If Stern was the czar of the NCAA, Smart's season is over. Frankly, it probably should be.

Also, that fan should be done as well. I don't care how much money he gives to the athletic department; you don't say **** like that. He's done (for life at Texas Tech games) and Smart's NCAA career is over.

Oh calm down. This is the attitude that got Ron banned for the year, which was BS too.

ediT: I mean about the first part. The second part, about the fan, I can take it or leave it. Supposedly he is an air-traffic controller, so how much money could he be giving to TTU? On the other hand, TTU probably needs every basketball booster they can find, no matter how small the $.
    Last edited by dal9; 02-09-2014 at 11:49 AM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to dal9 For This Useful Post:

Mood

I believe the refs should be suspended as well. I don't understand how they kept him in the game. been a pretty bad 2 month stretch for Marcus. His on the court decision making has been getting worse as the season is going on. I don't know what to make of him. He isn't a very smart player. He is almost always in early foul trouble picking up early fouls. His decision making has to improve.