Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Fran F raving about Tarik Black and how he is a leader on the Kansas team. I don't understand how Memphis is ran. it seems like every players stinks there but under proper coaching excells. I want to go to a few Memphis practices to see why the culture is so bad. Will Barton is still working to change the poor habits he pickef up at Memphis. Pretty sad I rated Barton high as hell because I felt he could fix his flaws displayed at Memphis in that ugly display of what they call an offense.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-22-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Mood

Great NBA opening night now time to watch Kansas play a D2 school lol. I wish they would screw this D2 crap just to sell out places like Phogg and what not. Every big school does it I just don't like it.

I mean come on Wiggins has a guy who is 6ft 3 on him and moves about like me lol. If KU doesnt out rebound Pitt st by 30 I would be shocked.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-30-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Mood

I have been watching tape all weekend in between my teams games. I must say Randle plays exactly like I expected Royce White too after I heard White's hype. White was hype imo and Randle is the real deal. the size speed skill combo is pretty elite. The thing I was impressed the most by was his effort on defense he has a rare skill set. I cant wait for the State UK game good early season match up. Lot of players who really impressed me this weekend.

Sports Logo

Should we be interested in Przemek Karnowski?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I would not be surprised if Randle sneaks into the number one spot. This is the first time since 2003 there have been 3 elite franchise players. Parker, Wiggins, and Randle are the real deal.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have only heard( I basically have no idea of college basketball) Randle as an exciting prospect along Wiggins for the upcoming draft. Loved this basket of his against 3 opponents please!!!!!

Nevermind the initial horrible entry pass
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Randle, Parker, and Wiggins. Which current NBA guys do they play like? I heard Randle plays like Kevin Love. Don't watch much NCAA. I view college basketball strictly as the breeding grounds for NBA
    David "And One" West

I really want Marcus Smart, but no chance that'll happen. I haz a sad.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Randle, Parker, and Wiggins. Which current NBA guys do they play like? I heard Randle plays like Kevin Love. Don't watch much NCAA. I view college basketball strictly as the breeding grounds for NBA
    Parker's jumper reminds me of Danny flat as it gets but effective. His overall gane is different though. Randle to me plays a lot like a a mixture of Josh Smith and David West. I watched a ton of games yesterday and today is my off day I am re watching now. So many talented players in college ball this year. The Cincinnati NCST game was terrific so was Tennessee vs Xavier. Way to early to make playing evaluation s but tons of guys caught my eye yesterday with their physical gifts.
    I really love the 2 guards at Xavier they are goibg to be fun to watch all year.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I would not be surprised if Randle sneaks into the number one spot. This is the first time since 2003 there have been 3 elite franchise players. Parker, Wiggins, and Randle are the real deal.
    4 don't forget about Exum I have him as a franchise player.

Mood

Randle will also remind you of a Charles Barkley/Cwebber type of player. Special talent. Turn on a Hardwood classic of Barkley and you can see a lot of similar traits especially doing work early.

Mood

KU's wing rotation is filthy. I love the way they all play. Ellis is going to be terrific as a complimentary player. He plays in many ways like Shawn Marion. he was one of my favorite freshman last year and he looks vastly improved in the 2 games I have watched. Selden Jr is r re ally skilled for his size and then of course Wiggins. 3 future good NBA starters imo. Just so much talent and their skill sets mesh well. KU might be the best defensive team in the nation come March.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

I watched KU Iona lat again again Perry Ellis does what Perry Ellis does. Joel Embiid playing vs IONA's style just wasn't fair. I honestly can't believe he has only been playing for 3 years. The kid is a natural moves so well. He has great instincts going to be scary when he learns the game.

I also really like Andrew White III he doesn't play much for KU, but his shot is so pretty. He is a guy I have stared as a guy who could break out next year after all these wings have left for the NBA. If he keeps improving he has a chance. I think he will he has some solid tools.

I am ripping the Okst game as we speak. That is going to go to my favorites section. Wow what a clinic by Marcus Smart. I also am ripping the Arizona St game Carson went crazy. I really like him as an Isiah Thomas role in the NBA kid is all heart.

I really like this JUCO transfer at Baylor as well (not for the NBA just as a college guy) Kenny Chery. We played him in a JUCO tourney last year kid is tough as nails and smart for a 5'10 kid.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-20-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I also am ripping the Arizona St game Carson went crazy. I really like him as an Isiah Thomas role in the NBA kid is all heart.
    Some of his passes will make you
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Marcus Smart with one helluva game yesterday. 2K game worthy stats

39pts, 4boards, 4dimes, 5steals, 2 blocks

Dayum

His shot seems vastly improved going by the %'s, but his FT % is pretty awful for a pg. *shrugs* So who really knows. Still love him as a pg though. Only wish the Pacers could get him.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Great day of Hoops today

Rewatching the 2k classic from earlier this week earlier this morning. Napier is having a Kemba esq season. The kid kills me with his decision making and shot selection, but most of the the it works out. I like #35 from Uconn raw has hell but a guy I will keep tabs on for the future.

I have a man crush on Montrez Harrell kid will be a monster, and I have always had love for Mr. Crazy himself Russ Smith.

Marcus Paige is progressing as I though he would he should play at the next level. I have liked him as a guard since watching him in HS. He doesnt fit the mold of my type of pg, but he is such a smart player who has decent NBA tools.

Mood

I really like a few under the radar freshmen. This big man for BYU I like quite a bit. His body needs tons of work but really skilled I love his passing.

Nick King is a guy who has really caught my eye. He already has an NBA body and his game isn't far behind. I am surprised he isn't getting more buzz nationally.

The Tourney's this week are fantastic always great match ups in these early season tourneys. IU UCONN, Lville vs UNC and that is just the start should have some great prospects match ups later this week.

Markell Brown another guy I really love almost had a triple double tonight. He is such a good shooter and solid defender with bounce.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-25-2013 at 09:17 PM.

Sports Logo

Any Centers that will likely fall to the 2nd round that fit our modus operandi ( smart defensive minded Center that has length ) as a 4th/5th Big Man to eventually replace Mahinmi?

Offense is nice but isn't a requirement ( see Mahinimi....aka "The Gray Gargoyle" ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Any Centers that will likely fall to the 2nd round that fit our modus operandi ( smart defensive minded Center that has length ) as a 4th/5th Big Man to eventually replace Mahinmi?

Offense is nice but isn't a requirement ( see Mahinimi....aka "The Gray Gargoyle" ).
    Way to early to talk about who will go where so much basketball to be played. I like Corey Jefferson a lot. He may slip due to his age he is a pretty old senior(not all the way to the late 50s). He is more of a PF really but I think he can play both big athletic kid. Patric Young will likley go in the 2nd the kid looks the same as he did his freshmen year. He hasn't got any better IMO. I probably would pass on him.(but last pick in the 2nd rd I doubt he will be there anyway)

This Dayton Zags game is pretty damn good

EDIT: Kevin Pangos!!
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-26-2013 at 02:10 AM.

Any more Plumlees?

jk

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Montrez Harrell would be the perfect fit for the player you want Cable. The only problem is he will go in the lottery IMO, I am really high on him. I believe 5 years from now he will be a 15 and 10 guy with elite defense and great 1v1 defense as well as help. He is Larry Sanders with better touch IMO. I have a man crush on him . He reminds you so much of Kenny Faried Larry Sanders right now, but i think he will get a lot better. Projecting future potential and how a player translates is what scouting is all about. i believe he is a kid who is just scratching the surface.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

I really love Kevin Pangos I have loved him since his freshmen year. He is going to be a really good 10 year pro in the league. So good with his handle and such a calming presence add in his automatic 3pt shot he is going to be a great role player maybe even a starter depending on how the team is built.

Cal vs Cuse should be good. This wing from Cal Bird is getting a lot of love. I don't really like him he is such a bad defender reminds you of Crabbe last year in many ways. Cuse is solid I really like CJ Fair. Ennis I am still in evaluation mode on. I just don't have a good feel on him yet. I watched him in the FIBA's this summer and I am still perplexed lol.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 11-26-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Sports Logo

p4e, as you know I'm quite a fan of the Center position. I really enjoy watching young players on that position as they develop. I want to catch more college games this year than I did in the past but my time is still a bit limited.

Can you recommend me some teams with intriguing Center prospects so I can try to watch them?

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    p4e, as you know I'm quite a fan of the Center position. I really enjoy watching young players on that position as they develop. I want to catch more college games this year than I did in the past but my time is still a bit limited.

Can you recommend me some teams with intriguing Center prospects so I can try to watch them?
    Kid from Kansas is going to be good. He has only played basketball for a few years soild passer and I really like his upside. He moves like few can at his size. I like the kid at UCONN a bit very raw though probably a 4 year guy.

Tarczewski at Arizona is worth watching. He is a big stiff, but the rest of that Zona team are NBA prospects as well. I really like Hollis Jefferson at Zona a lefty wing. Nick Johnson has some George Hill in him.

UK has 3 centers who are really raw they haven't shown me much at all.

AJ Hammons at Purdue is a guy I like, but i question his maturity and a few on the court things. I wouldnt recommend watching him because the rest of the team doesnt have much. I would wait until big ten season.

I watched the 7'1 kid from Wisconsin Green bay the other night. I am not a big fan. His name is Alec Brown. A stretch center who is pretty damn soft.

Baylor has two tweanner guys in Cory Jefferson and Isiah Austin.

I like both of Lvilles bigs I don't know his name, but #12 I think will be a name to remember in a few years(this time of year I try to not follow names I tend to watch games on mute actually

If you just like watching great C play Xavier has a really fun center to watch Mr. Stainbrook. He isnt a NBA prospect but he is as good as it gets in terms of fundamental C play at the college level hell of a passer.

speaking of great college centers Alex Kirk is a must watch at NM he is so skilled again not a great prospect IMO, but hell of a college player.

Eric Mika is probably my favorite guy to watch early this year. He is a freshmen at BYU. He is listed at C but he plays a lot more like a PF currently (he has a kids body)

Kentucky has the best bigs in the nation. They just run an offense that doesn't show case their skills. Dakari Johnson doesnt look like the same player as he did in HS due to how UK uses him.

I can't leave off agent Payne at MSU he isnt a C at the NBA level but he plays it a lot in college.

The big man class is pretty solid this year tons of kids I love to watch play.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Kid from Kansas is going to be good. He has only played basketball for a few years soild passer and I really like his upside. He moves like few can at his size. I like the kid at UCONN a bit very raw though probably a 4 year guy.

Tarczewski at Arizona is worth watching. He is a big stiff, but the rest of that Zona team are NBA prospects as well. I really like Hollis Jefferson at Zona a lefty wing. Nick Johnson has some George Hill in him.

UK has 3 centers who are really raw they haven't shown me much at all.

AJ Hammons at Purdue is a guy I like, but i question his maturity and a few on the court things. I wouldnt recommend watching him because the rest of the team doesnt have much. I would wait until big ten season.

I watched the 7'1 kid from Wisconsin Green bay the other night. I am not a big fan. His name is Alec Brown. A stretch center who is pretty damn soft.

Baylor has two tweanner guys in Cory Jefferson and Isiah Austin.

I like both of Lvilles bigs I don't know his name, but #12 I think will be a name to remember in a few years(this time of year I try to not follow names I tend to watch games on mute actually

If you just like watching great C play Xavier has a really fun center to watch Mr. Stainbrook. He isnt a NBA prospect but he is as good as it gets in terms of fundamental C play at the college level hell of a passer.

speaking of great college centers Alex Kirk is a must watch at NM he is so skilled again not a great prospect IMO, but hell of a college player.

Eric Mika is probably my favorite guy to watch early this year. He is a freshmen at BYU. He is listed at C but he plays a lot more like a PF currently (he has a kids body)

Kentucky has the best bigs in the nation. They just run an offense that doesn't show case their skills. Dakari Johnson doesnt look like the same player as he did in HS due to how UK uses him.

I can't leave off agent Payne at MSU he isnt a C at the NBA level but he plays it a lot in college.

The big man class is pretty solid this year tons of kids I love to watch play.
    Thanks a lot, p4e. I will try to watch Arizona, BYU, Xavier and New Mexico and I'll keep an eye on the rest

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014