Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jukeb0xHero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given our cap situation I'd say it's pretty likely we won't be taking an american college player in the first round of next years draft.
    Vigorously disagree, assuming we don't deal the pick.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Which is a tall assumption. Wishes and prayers aren't going to send Green packing or clear up any other money for us. And even if we actually do keep it, sounds like a pretty good time to get an overseas stash pick. Especially when our pick will most likely be 26-30

Which is a tall assumption. Wishes and prayers aren't going to send Green packing or clear up any other money for us. And even if we actually do keep it, sounds like a pretty good time to get an overseas stash pick. Especially when our pick will most likely be 26-30
    That's never really been our modus operandi. Late first round picks only make a little over $1 million/year.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, we've not been in luxury territory though. Keeping what we have will take priority over any late first rookie, so we'll see where the numbers are at next year I suppose.

Yeah, we've not been in luxury territory though. Keeping what we have will take priority over any late first rookie, so we'll see where the numbers are at next year I suppose.
    Granger coming off the books will free up plenty of space for a first rounder. I highly, highly doubt we will push ourselves close enough against the luxury tax to have to jettison a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Wiggins, Harrison twins, Parker will be up there. Gary Harris is a guy I'm watching for next year as a sleeper lottery pick. Guys Pacers could go after: Mitch McGary (Michigan). Guy plays hard, brings energy. Has solid skill set as a 6'10 power forward. Rebounds very well and just is a beast. Another guy for 2nd round: Aaron Craft (Ohio State). Point guard, smart, athletic, and a GREAT defender. Not the best offensive player, but for our system, he fits. Plays hard, can guard anyone in the nation, and is a winner.
    Craft is the only player in the world I couldn't even root for if he was a Pacer. Live anywhere near Columbus and you'll realize why.

Mood

Vasilje Micic is really really good. I normally like my pg to be better on defense, but my god is he a magician with the basketball. He should be a 1st rd pick next year easy.

Also what is in the water in Serbia? Their bigs are insane so skilled. The guys on the u19 just need to work on their bodies, but the skill level is really good.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Also Jahlil Okafor is a man child. Will be just as much tanking in 2015 for him so advanced at his age. He Harrell and Aaron Gordon would be a hell of an NBA rotation for the next 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    Granger coming off the books will free up plenty of space for a first rounder.
    I thought that Granger coming off the books would free up the space for a Paul George's max extension and not a whole lot more. Of course we'd only need ~1-1.2M for a late 20s pick so maybe there's room in there. It will be tight though, particularly if Paul qualifies for the extra max due to being on the top 3 all-NBA teams.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Vasilje Micic is really really good.
    That's really close to Milicic.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    That's really close to Milicic.
    lol

He is nothing like Darko kid is a leader not a kid with red flags at all in terms of makeup like Darko was. His knee injury is a bit of concern, but kid has it all best vision I have seen since Rubio.

I can't wait for Okafor to get to college. I miss watching skilled back to the basket bigs the guy is just so good in the post. He really does remind you of a young Tim Duncan with his skill set.

The FIBA U20 starts today excited to see some guys in that. So much good young talent right now in the world. Team USA clearly had the most talent in the U19, but Serbia and Croatia is ahead in terms of skill level. I loved watching Serbia play just beautiful basketball.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

The FIBA U20 starts today excited to see some guys in that. So much good young talent right now in the world. Team USA clearly had the most talent in the U19, but Serbia and Croatia is ahead in terms of skill level. I loved watching Serbia play just beautiful basketball.
    I had no idea. Thanks a lot. Wish I can find some streams for those games. Division B starts at 12 as well. Finland is playing
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Also what is in the water in Serbia? Their bigs are insane so skilled. The guys on the u19 just need to work on their bodies, but the skill level is really good.
    That's a matter of nurture. They really teach their players to play at the youth level.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    I had no idea. Thanks a lot. Wish I can find some streams for those games. Division B starts at 12 as well. Finland is playing
    Yes, Giannis Antetokounmpo is playing my first chance to see him in real games.

Sports Logo

Yes, Giannis Antetokounmpo is playing my first chance to see him in real games.
    Giannis is taller than both of our Centers

I think that you're going to like Michail (well, Michalis for us) Kamperidis. He was teammates with Giannis and they have some chemistry. Not an NBA prospect but he's nice.

Edit: By the way, Hungary has 3 players that are 7 feet and above. Zoltán Czinger (7 ft), Rosco Allen (7'1) and László Dobos (7'2 and a bit).
    Last edited by Nuntius; 07-09-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

By the way, Bogdan Radosavljevic is really good. Plays for Germany but was born in Serbia.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Sports Logo

Unfortunately, I am not even able to watch Greece's games on TV because our ****** goverment shut down the public channels. So, we're probably the only country in the world without public television

In any case, I just saw that we managed to beat Serbia 79 - 73. Antetokounmpo had 14 points in 4/6 shooting (2/2 from 3, 4/6 from the FT line), 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block and 1 assist.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

Mood

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...-draft-nerddom

Everyone is jumping on my guy Exum's bandwagon. I would take him over Parker. I have had him as the 2nd best player for next year since I watched him the first time last year. He just has the it factor. I have seen a lot more Exum than most, and I have a serious man crush on that kid's game.

I love the line about looking like Nic Batum in terms of length he is such a freak.

Okafor vs Wiggins is something I am debating internally(may call me crazy for that but for me it isn't a automatic Wiggins). I really love Okafor I have not seen a kid with his talent, he has a terrible body, but my gosh you can't tell. I am excited about what he will look like when he gets on a workout and diet program. I just love a 6'11 7'3 frame with the skills of Tim Duncan in the low post he is going to be scary good.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Given our cap situation I'd say it's pretty likely we won't be taking an american college player in the first round of next years draft.
    Yeah, but still wanna look at these first round guys. Really incredible draft this year
    "We want Miami"

Mood

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m
    Respected NBA executive of 20-years plus tells me that Chicago's Jahlil Okafor is the most skilled high school center he's ever scouted.

I agree 100% this kid is a freak he plays just like Tim Duncan, but even better footwork. I really haven't scouted that many bigs I guess Oden is the only one I put in his class , but he is 100X better than AD was in college skill level wise. I have no doubt if he was in college next season he would be a 20 and 10 guy. He is much more skilled than Oden too, but Oden was such a freak physically and still skilled. AD is the better shot blocker, but defensively overall I think Okafor can still change a ton of shots and with coaching will be a ++ defender. The way he plays in the post you just can't teach he his an unbelievable passer combined with perfect moves. He goes left just as well as right he is scary skilled.

I am leaning toward him over Wiggins on who I would pick to build my team. I just think the kid is can't miss add on top of that his body is terrible, and with an NBA program he could become even better. I plan to get out to watch him a few times this season in Chicago.

EDIT: I wish I didn't have school I would of loved to go to Peach Jam best talent every year.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-13-2013 at 12:38 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Adjehi Baru, 6-foot-9, 230, PF, Soph., College of Charleston Cougars -- The native of the Ivory Coast is big, athletic and can rebound at a high level. Imagine a poor man’s Kenneth Faried. He averaged 9.8 points and 8.3 rebounds last season and his skill level should continue to improve.

Jerrelle Benimon, 6-8, 245, PF, Sr., Towson Tigers -- The Georgetown transfer is the best player in the CAA. He’s 6-foot-8, big and strong and more skilled than most realized. He can obviously score in the paint and rebound (11.2 RPG), but he also shot 41 percent from beyond the arc and averaged 2.5 assists per game. The questions from NBA folks will involve his size and ability to shoot it consistently.

Sim Bhullar, 7-5, 355, C, Soph., New Mexico State Aggies -- He’s mammoth. There just aren’t guys around like the big Canadian, and not only does that make him fun to watch, but it’ll give him a chance to make an NBA roster. He averaged 10.1 points, 6.7 rebounds and 2.4 blocks as a freshman and was the WAC Freshman of the Year.

Taylor Braun, 6-7, 205, SG, Sr., North Dakota State Bison -- He is long, athletic and can score in a variety of ways. He shot 44 percent from beyond the arc, but he’s also able to create off the dribble. Scouts are aware of him from when he played well against Nate Wolters last season in the Summit League tourney.

Alec Brown, 7-1, 235, C, Sr., Green Bay Phoenix -- He’s been on the NBA’s radar for a couple years, but hasn’t yet taken the next step, especially in terms of physicality and toughness. He’d be more of a pick-and-pop guy at the next level unless he puts on weight and gets stronger to handle post players in the NBA.

John Brown, 6-7, 200, F, Soph., High Point Panthers -- He’s coming off a broken foot, but I saw the 6-7 athlete prior to last season. He’s ultra-athletic and wound up averaging 16.4 points and 6.1 rebounds in his first season of college ball.

Kyle Casey, 6-7, 230, SF, Sr., Harvard Crimson -- He didn’t play last season, but the Massachusetts native is a strong and athletic wing who is on the radar for several NBA teams. He shot it well two seasons ago, making 35 percent of his 3s while averaging 11.4 points and 5.5 rebounds per game.

Allan Chaney, 6-9, 235, PF, Sr., High Point Panthers -- Obviously, the heart issue that kept him off the court for nearly three seasons will impact his chances at the next level. However, Chaney has the combination of size and skill to be under consideration by the NBA folks.

Torrey Craig, 6-6, 215, SF, Sr., USC Upstate Spartans -- He’s long, athletic and can create his own shot. He's a terrific rebounder for his position and also able to shoot well enough. He averaged 17.2 points and 6.9 rebounds for the Spartans last season.

Cleanthony Early, 6-8, 215, F, Sr., Wichita State Shockers -- He’ll need to improve his handle and his left hand, but he’s long, athletic, can really score and isn’t afraid of the moment (just watch the tape of the Shockers' Final Four loss to Louisville).

Corey Hawkins, 6-3, 195, SG, Jr., UC Davis Aggies -- The son of former NBA scorer Hersey Hawkins can also fill it up. The younger Hawkins isn’t as athletic as Hersey, but he can shoot it from deep, is strong enough to get into the lane and finish and ended his first season at UC Davis averaging 20.3 points while shooting 40 percent from deep.

Damion Lee, 6-6, 195, SG, Jr., Drexel Dragons -- There are those who question his toughness, but Lee has what the NBA wants -- length and the ability to shoot the ball. He put up 17.1 points and 5.1 rebounds last season, but he needs to improve his handle.

Walt Lemon Jr., 6-3, 180, PG, Sr., Bradley Braves -- A Chicago native who is a terrific athlete and plays extremely hard, Lemon needs to work on his decision-making and also his perimeter shot, but he’s got the physical tools to be on NBA draft boards.

Preston Medlin, 6-4, 185, PG, Sr., Utah State Aggies -- He is a point guard with good size who can really, really shoot the ball. He was averaging 16.3 PPG prior to suffering a season-ending broken wrist 16 games into the season.

Jake Odum, 6-6, 170, PG, Sr., Indiana State Sycamores -- He’s got some Matthew Dellavedova in him. Odum is extremely tough, can really run a team and can make shots from the perimeter. The questions will involve his athleticism and ability to guard at the next level. Averaged 13.6 points, 4.6 assists and 4.6 rebounds per game for the Sycamores.

Elfrid Payton, 6-3, 170, PG, Jr., Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns -- He made the U-19 team this past summer and more than held his own. He’s sort of a poor man’s Rajon Rondo, extremely athletic and fast, but he needs to develop a solid perimeter shot, work on his decision-making and also get stronger.

Kendrick Perry, 6-0, 175, PG, Sr., Youngstown State Penguins -- He’s extremely quick, and can score at all three levels -- from deep, midrange and also in the lane. He still needs to continue to get stronger, but he averaged 17.1 points, 5.5 rebounds and 4.1 assists last season and has a bit of Norris Cole in his game.

Elijah Pittman, 6-8, 220, F, Sr., Marshall Thundering Herd -- Think of a poor man’s Paul George. He’s a big, skilled and athletic wing who can shoot it from deep. He’ll need to work on his decision-making and also become a better rebounder for someone his size.

Augustine Rubit, 6-7, 230, PF, Sr., South Alabama Jaguars -- He’s a skilled forward who can score in the post and also step out and make shots from the perimeter. He’s also a proven high-level rebounder. If he were two inches taller, he’d be a lock. He’ll still have a chance to make an NBA team.

Jarred Shaw, 6-10, 235, PF, Sr., Utah State Aggies -- Shaw is a skilled and fairly athletic big man who transferred in from Oklahoma State and made significant improvement over the course of last season. He has good size and can step out and make shots. Averaged 14.2 points and 8.4 rebounds per game for Stew Morrill last season.

Tyler Stone, 6-8, 230, PF, Sr., Southeast Missouri State Redhawks -- He’s an athletic, face-up forward who plays with a motor and can really score. The question will be his size and his ability to make shots from the NBA 3-point line. He averaged 15.5 points and 7.8 rebounds last season for the Redhawks, but he shot just 24 percent from beyond the arc.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff...n/post?id=1099

Good list of mid-major talent. I really really like Kyle Casey and Payton. Casey won't ever put up big numbers even in college. I don't think he has star potential for college at all, but I love him as an NBA role player.

I really do love Payton's game. I have some issues with how he leads his team. I don't think he is a leader at all and going to a team that expects him to be a pg who leads his team is way to much to ask. He is no Aaron Craft or Trey Burke or Marcus Smart. I don't see him motivating his teammates like the other guys can. I am also not sure he fits with us. He really needs to re work his shot if he wants to play in our offense. He is so ball dominate and has so many ball skills that I think he would be better with the basketball. I did love the fact he played a key role in that FIBA U19 team especially considering he isnt use to playing without the ball. I would love him as our change of pace lock down defender specialist. I also believe he may fall into the 2nd especially if he doesnt fix his glaring flaws, but it is way to early for that kind of talk on where players will go. I really do agree with the Rondo comp in terms of how he plays the kid is a magician with the ball in terms of handle and he has great vision. He also has the Rondo left hand scoop layup down pat. However I loved Rondo at UK a lot more due to his competitiveness Payton's main weakness is the thing that makes Rondo so deadly IMO. Rondo holds himself and his teammates accountable that skill is a must on any winning basketball team.

Casey was suspended all last year. I fell in love with his game two years ago watching him at Harvard. He is really long and an active defender another guy I would take a long look at in the 2nd.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 09-06-2013 at 10:46 AM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sim Bhullar, 7-5, 355, C, Soph., New Mexico State Aggies -- He’s mammoth. There just aren’t guys around like the big Canadian, and not only does that make him fun to watch, but it’ll give him a chance to make an NBA roster. He averaged 10.1 points, 6.7 rebounds and 2.4 blocks as a freshman and was the WAC Freshman of the Year.

Count me interested. That's a huge dude.

Sim has a younger brother, Tanveer Bhullar, 7'3" and will also play for New Mexico State.

Dayum.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post

Count me interested. That's a huge dude.

Sim has a younger brother, Tanveer Bhullar, 7'3" and will also play for New Mexico State.

Dayum.
    also a kid from IONA Sean Armand I spelled that wrong. But he can flat out stroke it another guy I like as a nba role guy. He is Ian Clark good shooting wise with a nba frame.

Mood

http://campusinsiders.com/videos/FmN...ZzhWMWgZxD-9TH

Agree 1000% with Doc on the draft. I really like the idea of letting a kid declare and get pick then go back to school. It will not happen, but that would be a really cool way to work the draft. I could see teams abusing that system by drafting a guy and making him go back to college.

I went to watch Xavier practice a few times in the past week. They have this freshmen guard I really like. He was #86 in the recruiting espn 100 but the kid can play. Brandon Randolph and Semj are going to get better every day playing vs each other in practice. Xavier is so interesting so many new guys returning from suspension. Brandon Randolph is a kid who is a real sleeper much better than I though he was.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://campusinsiders.com/videos/FmN...ZzhWMWgZxD-9TH

Agree 1000% with Doc on the draft. I really like the idea of letting a kid declare and get pick then go back to school. It will not happen, but that would be a really cool way to work the draft. I could see teams abusing that system by drafting a guy and making him go back to college.

I went to watch Xavier practice a few times in the past week. They have this freshmen guard I really like. He was #86 in the recruiting espn 100 but the kid can play. Brandon Randolph and Semj are going to get better every day playing vs each other in practice. Xavier is so interesting so many new guys returning from suspension. Brandon Randolph is a kid who is a real sleeper much better than I though he was.
    Anything encouraging people to enroll in a University is a good idea, basketball reasons notwithstanding. I haven't listened to this yet, but I will try to later.