Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

What do you guys think of Kyle Anderson as a pro prospect? I saw how he shot up the boards at NBAdraft.net and is considered to be a top 5 pick now. That is wayyyyyyyy too high IMO, and I am someone who loved watching Kyle play. I love Anderson's passing, unselfishness and size at the pg position. I am very worried about his speed, lack of quickness and his deliberate spin moves in the lane.

I think he could be a decent pro, but I am not sure I would touch him before pick 16 or 17. No way would I draft him over Randle, Vonleh or a guy with elitie level athleticism.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you guys think of Kyle Anderson as a pro prospect? I saw how he shot up the boards at NBAdraft.net and is considered to be a top 5 pick now. That is wayyyyyyyy too high IMO, and I am someone who loved watching Kyle play. I love Anderson's passing, unselfishness and size at the pg position. I am very worried about his speed, lack of quickness and his deliberate spin moves in the lane.

I think he could be a decent pro, but I am not sure I would touch him before pick 16 or 17. No way would I draft him over Randle, Vonleh or a guy with elitie level athleticism.
    Not completely worried, maybe some on the defensive end, but not really too much about the offensive end. UCLA runs a zone a lot of the time right, and often he is not on the wings, atleast from what I saw lately, so you have to worry about that aspect in the NBA, but yeah I love him, I think he will have a really good pro career.

I just wonder if teams will use him as a point forward or more of a true PG.

I doubt he goes top 5, but I could see top 10 potential, need to look at the teams drafting though and their needs, and that will give me a better prospective.
    Why so SERIOUS

My opinion, Gary Harris will be the best overall player down the road in this draft. He can score whenever he wants, can shoot from deep range, and can defend any wing player in the country. He's also super athletic.
    Smothered Chicken!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    My opinion, Gary Harris will be the best overall player down the road in this draft. He can score whenever he wants, can shoot from deep range, and can defend any wing player in the country. He's also super athletic.
    I won't go that far, but I think Harris is a top 5 talent. I really like his game too.

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post

Kyle Anderson looks like a great player. Gotta love tall guys that can move around like a guard and have passing skills.
    David "And One" West

Do the writers of Draftexpress and nbadraft.net watch games? Or do they just look at notes from Rivals.com HS recruiting? Scottie Wilbekin is not listed on either mock draft. So......the best player on the best team in college is not going to be drafted........
    David "And One" West

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

There's so much talent coming out of college now days that if given the opportunity, a lot of 2nd rounders could probably become decent starters but a lot can't get that chance.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Do the writers of Draftexpress and nbadraft.net watch games? Or do they just look at notes from Rivals.com HS recruiting? Scottie Wilbekin is not listed on either mock draft. So......the best player on the best team in college is not going to be drafted........
    Plenty of best players on the best teams in college didn't translate to the NBA. Just because you are a great college player doesn't mean you are a good NBA talent. College and the NBA are completely different games.

Zach LaVine coming out is a really bad choice. He fell off a cliff the final 2 months of the season. It will be a lot like Lance Stephenson and Archie Goodwin, arguably a top 10 talent, but really raw. I want to see how he turns out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Plenty of best players on the best teams in college didn't translate to the NBA. Just because you are a great college player doesn't mean you are a good NBA talent. College and the NBA are completely different games.

Zach LaVine coming out is a really bad choice. He fell off a cliff the final 2 months of the season. It will be a lot like Lance Stephenson and Archie Goodwin, arguably a top 10 talent, but really raw. I want to see how he turns out.
    Wilbekin will get drafted though. What's the point of having a mock draft and excluding players that will be drafted
    David "And One" West

Mood

Randle's defense is as bad as Jabrari's sheesh. I had to run the tape back during the 1st half to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. His awareness is awful. Teams are going to abuse him in the PnR next year, very J.J Hickson esq. I gave him a pass early in the year, but still making silly mistakes in march is really alarming really low IQ defender.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Randle's defense is as bad as Jabrari's sheesh. I had to run the tape back during the 1st half to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. His awareness is awful. Teams are going to abuse him in the PnR next year, very J.J Hickson esq. I gave him a pass early in the year, but still making silly mistakes in march is really alarming really low IQ defender.
    Isn't that more of a product of not having to focus on defense as a young player? If he has not been coached on how to be aware on defense then he has the chance to learn it at the next level.

Mood

Pretty funny watching some European prospects and the guy I am watching is playing Budivelnik, Micah Downs and Blake Ahearn play for Budivelnik lol. Dynamic Duo

Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    Isn't that more of a product of not having to focus on defense as a young player? If he has not been coached on how to be aware on defense then he has the chance to learn it at the next level.
    That is a pretty complex question a lot of things go into the answer. I am a firm believer in instincts on defense(and offense for that matter). some players can have great fundamentals, but have no instincts on that end. I don't think Randle has good fundamentals or instincts. The fundamentals can improve, but I am not sure he will ever become an average help defender.

I know for a fact that Jabrari had great coaching in HS there is no reason he should be so poor on that end. I think both Randle and Jabari are a little out of shape once they get on a NBA program their foot speed could improve. It is kind of hard to fix a low IQ defender when he has so many bad habits ingrained, but it can be done will be a long process for both Jabari and Randle, both will never be good defender IMO.

On the other end of the spectrum is a guy like Marcus Smart who has incredible instincts, but he isn't very fundamental. He is a guy who should become a stud defender with more coaching. Paul George was the same way in college.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    I think the improved consistency in his 3 pt game is what really makes him standout.
    Why so SERIOUS

Really liking Kyle Anderson, Adrien Payne, Tyler Ennis, and Doug McDermott. Anderson doesn't fit an immediate need but he is a playmaking forward who can play defense. He reminds me of Tayshaun Prince back in the day. Payne can be your prototypical pick and pop PF, he would do well under David West. Ennis is a sneaky good PG, not an overwheliming athlete but a get the job done type of PG, he reminds me of Andre Miller. McDermott is the sharp shooter who would spread the floor and be a career over 40% 3 point shooter ala Kyle Korver.

somebody else I haven't seen on the lazy mock draft sites: Frank "The Tank" Kaminsky. He has some serious post skills
    David "And One" West

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    somebody else I haven't seen on the lazy mock draft sites: Frank "The Tank" Kaminsky. He has some serious post skills
    Agreed. In a world where a guy like Jason Smith lasts in the NBA for 5 years there certainly has to be a place for Kaminsky.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    Really liking Kyle Anderson, Adrien Payne, Tyler Ennis, and Doug McDermott. Anderson doesn't fit an immediate need but he is a playmaking forward who can play defense. He reminds me of Tayshaun Prince back in the day. Payne can be your prototypical pick and pop PF, he would do well under David West. Ennis is a sneaky good PG, not an overwheliming athlete but a get the job done type of PG, he reminds me of Andre Miller. McDermott is the sharp shooter who would spread the floor and be a career over 40% 3 point shooter ala Kyle Korver.
    And we have a shot at none....
    Why so SERIOUS

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:

Milwaukee
    Joel Embiid
    7-0
    C
    Kansas
    Fr.
    *Philadelphia
    Jabari Parker
    6-8
    SF
    Duke
    Fr.
    Orlando
    Andrew Wiggins
    6-8
    SF
    Kansas
    Fr.
    Boston
    Dante Exum
    6-6
    PG/SG
    Australia
    Intl.
    Utah
    Julius Randle
    6-9
    PF
    Kentucky
    Fr.
    *LA Lakers
    Noah Vonleh
    6-10
    PF
    Indiana
    Fr.
    Sacramento
    Marcus Smart
    6-4
    PG
    Oklahoma State
    So.
    *Detroit
    Gary Harris
    6-4
    SG
    Michigan St.
    So.
    Cleveland
    Kyle Anderson
    6-9
    SF
    UCLA
    So.

*Philadelphia
    Doug McDermott
    6-7
    SF
    Creighton
    Sr.

*Atlanta
    Rodney Hood
    6-8
    SF
    Duke
    So.
    *Denver
    Zach LaVine
    6-5
    PG/SG
    UCLA
    Fr.
    *Minnesota
    Jerami Grant
    6-8
    SF
    Syracuse
    So.
    Phoenix
    Nik Stauskas
    6-5
    SG
    Michigan
    So.
    *Orlando
    Aaron Gordon
    6-8
    PF
    Arizona
    Fr.
    *Chicago
    Tyler Ennis
    6-2
    PG
    Syracuse
    Fr.

*Phoenix
    Adreian Payne
    6-10
    PF
    Michigan St.
    Sr.

*Boston
    Elfrid Payton
    6-3
    PG
    Louisiana Laf...
    Jr.
    Chicago
    Montrezl Harrell
    6-8
    PF
    Louisville
    So.
    Toronto
    TJ Warren
    6-8
    SF
    NC State
    So.
    Memphis
    James Young
    6-6
    SG
    Kentucky
    Fr.
    *Oklahoma Cty
    Cleanthony Early
    6-8
    SF/PF
    Wichita State
    Sr.
    *Utah
    Markel Brown
    6-3
    SG
    Oklahoma State
    Sr.
    *Charlotte
    Shabazz Napier
    6-1
    PG
    UConn
    Sr.
    Houston
    Andrew Harrison
    6-5
    PG/SG
    Kentucky
    Fr.
    *Phoenix
    Vasilje Micic
    6-5
    PG
    Serbia
    Intl.
    Miami
    Jordan Clarkson
    6-5
    PG/SG
    Missouri
    Jr.
    LA Clippers
    Willie Cauley-St...
    7-0
    C
    Kentucky
    So.
    Oklahoma Cty
    Clint Capela
    6-10
    PF
    Switzerland
    Intl.
    San Antonio
    Aaron Harrison
    6-5
    SG
    Kentucky
    Fr.

I cannot believe Andrew Harrison hit another clutch basket. Hopefully he falls to the second round
    David "And One" West

Mood

Hoops summit is on right now. I liked Jurik quite a bit in the u19s FIBAs.

I would take both Muddiay and Okafor #1 if they were draft eligible this year. Both perinatal all stars imo. I sm in love with Muddiay for the NBA he will be nearly unguarable. Karl Towns and Turner are nearly as talented. I saw Turner have a near 15&15&15. Pts rebs blks.

Next year will be a great year for the top of the draft.

Pacers could get a player in the second round. NBA teams put too much stock in potential, and disregard the seasoned NCAA players that stayed in school. Would rather draft a freshman that was good in High School that was ranked high on Rivals.com. I wouldn't be surprised of Shabazz Napier falls to the second round as well as Cleanthony Early, since those guys in their early 20's have "peaked"
    David "And One" West

so the NCAA's withdrawal deadline is tomorrow and the league's is the 27th, right? so if a guy declares after tomorrow there's no going back correct? asking for a friend named Shammons.

Gary Harris will be a terrific player in the NBA
    Smothered Chicken!

Will Cauley-Stein announced he's going back to UK for his junior year. They are going to have an absurdly stacked frontcourt next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    Will Cauley-Stein announced he's going back to UK for his junior year. They are going to have an absurdly stacked frontcourt next year.
    Harrell back to Louisville too, that's kinda wild. Big day for the bluegrass state.