Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Also am I the only one totally unimpressed by KJ McDaniel as a prospect? I don't understand how he won defensive player of the year, he is a bad defender IMO. Yes he gets some off ball steals, blocks and gambles like Iman Shumpert use to do at GT. I just don't like his game at all he comes off really lazy in the tape I have watched.Which is a pretty good sample size. He can really jump, but I don't see many other skills. It may be his teams fault in terms of how bad it is, but I am weary of him. I hate his body language.

Ennis played a hell of a game tonight in a losing effort. Best I have seen him all year.

Mood

Feels like a Big East final. Louisville is so stacked. I need to restate my thoughts on Russ. I would possibly take him in the lottery if a lot of people return. I really need to see who declares first. My man crush with Harrell grows every game. He is reaching Jokim Noah type love from me.

Elfrid Payton 3 minutes from leading the Ragin Cajuns to the dance. They are in a battle with WKU. What a program turn around. He is one of the most improved college players. He has been fantastic all year. If he could shoot he would be a top 5 pick imo. I have him late lottery mid teens right now one of the highest upsides in the draft. Kid can really pass the basketball and get wherever he wants on the floor. Triple double waiting to happen. He plays so smart & under control.

Mood

That was a great game Payton clutch down the stretch making a big defensive stop and rebound. 23pts 11-14 shooting 8 rebounds 9 assist 4 steals and only 2 TOs. Louisiana Lafayette 73 Western Kentucky 72. Best game I watched today.

Mood

The pg spot is loaded in this draft assuming most of the players expected to declare declare. I love a lot of the underrated pgs in this draft.

Mood

TJ Warren makes my eyes feel really good about themselves. It was after his 3rd game as a freshmen I stated he was one of my favorite prospects and a lottery talent stuck on a senior laden team who needed to play him more. He just pasted the eye test. He has such a great skill set. So fundamental. I would have promised him last year. I had him as a clear top 10 pick. But coming back was probably an easy decision everybody left. I believe NCST lost 80% of their stats from last year and have a much better team this year. Some don't think he will translate, I think the way he plays is a perfect compliment to so many guards in the NBA he is going to be special.

Mood

I have to go back and watch more KJ McDaniels tape. How he played tonight was insane he was everywhere. I am going to go back through the tape focusing only on him. I may have mis evaluated him, what I just watched was insane.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want Randle from Kentucky for our PF of the future. Badly.

He already looks like a seasoned NBA vet how he finishes around the rim
    Last edited by Pacergeek; 03-21-2014 at 10:50 PM.
    David "And One" West

Jabari Parker did not look very impressive.

P4E how do u see any of the UVA prospects?
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    P4E how do u see any of the UVA prospects?
    I like Toby a little bit the rest, I personally wouldn't draft, but wouldn't be shocked if Harris gets a chance and sticks in the league. He knows how to play. I think Gill will be a high level over seas guy. Virginia has been the best defensive team I watched all year. I love watching these kids play. Big fan of that team.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-23-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Mood

Sad way to see Bairstow go out today. At least he left it all on the floor. His teammates not so much.

Smart's college career is over was an interesting game to say the least.

I don't like how the Cats have used Randel all season. I am not sure, maybe he just isn't meant to play with his back to the basket like I though. If I was a GM this would be a rare case where our private workout with Randel would hold a lot of weight.

The Elfrid Payton vs Doug McBuckets was my favorite game of the day. That was really fun basketball. I love Payton for the NBA kid will be a stud such a young junior as well. Might be the most explosive pg in the draft close between he and Exum. He is by far the best ball handler in the draft kid is just a wizard. That is why I like the Rondo comp he is so good at keeping his dribble alive in traffic. His vision is terrific as well. Not quite the killer Rondo is, which is why I loved watching Rondo at UK. (Smart has a lot of Rondo's personality) I am super high on Payton I have been watching him all year going to be a good one.

Cotton vs Paige was what a I expected a lot of fun. Sucks that Cotton had to lose like that.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-22-2014 at 12:07 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I like how both nbadraft.net and draftexpress are afraid to go outside of the box with their mock drafts. Cleanthony Early is ranked 27th and 30th on these websites. Which clowns decides these rankings lol. Guaranteed he is a lottery pick.
    David "And One" West

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I like how both nbadraft.net and draftexpress are afraid to go outside of the box with their mock drafts. Cleanthony Early is ranked 27th and 30th on these websites. Which clowns decides these rankings lol. Guaranteed he is a lottery pick.
    Yeah, I was looking at that, one had him as a 2nd round pick like in the 50's yesterday I think they changed it a bit. This is the thing, a lot of mocks and a lot of NBA teams value potential and age way too much at times. This kid has pretty much everything you want, the thing I love to most is he has a winners mentality, which I think is really special... the ice running through his veins does not hurt either.
    Why so SERIOUS

Mood

One guy I really enjoy watching is Nic Johnson, guy is amazing, just wonder how high he will get drafted, late first might be his high, doubt he can play the 1, but he is a playmaker and will be a good guy off the bench in the NBA I think.

Also DeAndre Kane is a dog, have not really got to see him play much this year, but he reminds me a little of a James Harden type, he also has that winners mentality.

For me this year it is a little harder to get into some of the draft stuff so early, seeing that the Pacers don't have a 1st round pick and that they will be choosing late in the 2nd.
    Why so SERIOUS

do we have a first rounder this year? If yes, I'd think about Stokes at UT. If he develops a shot (big if) he is David West.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    Yeah, I was looking at that, one had him as a 2nd round pick like in the 50's yesterday I think they changed it a bit. This is the thing, a lot of mocks and a lot of NBA teams value potential and age way too much at times. This kid has pretty much everything you want, the thing I love to most is he has a winners mentality, which I think is really special... the ice running through his veins does not hurt either.
    I don't know if that is true. I believe most NBA teams already had him much higher than these mocks. The one thing I don't like about him. He is super streaky. I have watched him most of the year. There are games like he has had the past two weeks where he doesn't miss, and then he has games where his shot isn't falling. With that said his ball handling is so improved last year I questioned if he had a position now he clearly can play the small forward with his improved handle.

I like Early and Payton it is pretty typical players like them don't rise up the mocks until the season is over.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    do we have a first rounder this year? If yes, I'd think about Stokes at UT. If he develops a shot (big if) he is David West.
    No and I don't think you need one to get Stokes his game won't translate to well IMO. He will probably be a 2nd rd pick anyway. When he plays against size he doesn't produce IMO. David West would be one of the last guys I would compare Stokes to. Please watch more tape on that guy. He just isn't very good if you watch enough of him IMO. Maybe I have seen to much of him his 3 years at Tennessee and his FIBA play. I just don't get impressed by beating up on Mercer and Umass. He scores a lot because he is a grown man. When he is playing with other grown men his flaws will show IMO.

Now Adrian Payne that kid is going to be really good. He needs to really focus in the weight room and get stronger especially at the trunk, but he is going to be a good one.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-24-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I don't know if that is true. I believe most NBA teams already had him much higher than these mocks. The one thing I don't like about him. He is super streaky. I have watched him most of the year. There are games like he has had the past two weeks where he doesn't miss, and then he has games where his shot isn't falling. With that said his ball handling is so improved last year I questioned if he had a position now he clearly can play the small forward with his improved handle.

I like Early and Payton it is pretty typical players like them don't rise up the mocks until the season is over.
    Yeah, I think the streakiness would me more of a factor if he did not contribute in other ways, but yeah I like the idea of him being a 3 at next level his length is really nice and he can play a little inside and out at the next level. I do think is hurts him some, but the thing about age was just a general statement, not just about him, but even look at Adrian Payne, he has his question marks but I think the age thing will knock him as well, compared to a young guy with "potential".
    Why so SERIOUS

Also DeAndre Kane is a dog, have not really got to see him play much this year, but he reminds me a little of a James Harden type, he also has that winners mentality.
    I like Kane, but it should be noted he'll be 25 when he plays his first NBA minute

Mood

Yeah, I think the streakiness would me more of a factor if he did not contribute in other ways, but yeah I like the idea of him being a 3 at next level his length is really nice and he can play a little inside and out at the next level. I do think is hurts him some, but the thing about age was just a general statement, not just about him, but even look at Adrian Payne, he has his question marks but I think the age thing will knock him as well, compared to a young guy with "potential".
    I agree about Early the kid does a little bit of everything. Not so sure his inside game will translate all the way. But you can expose a mismatch with him in the post.

I totally disagree. I actually think Payne has a lot more potential for growth. He has some Roy Hibbert type body issues(coming out of the draft). I think with the proper diet and weight training he will really get better. I have never been one to discriminate with age. It does play a role in the evaluation, but if you can play being 21 or 22 isn't a bad thing just as Damian Lillard.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thoughts on Nik Stauskus guys? I love the guy but I want to know what everyone else thinks
    Smothered Chicken!

Mood

I agree about Early the kid does a little bit of everything. Not so sure his inside game will translate all the way. But you can expose a mismatch with him in the post.

I totally disagree. I actually think Payne has a lot more potential for growth. He has some Roy Hibbert type body issues(coming out of the draft). I think with the proper diet and weight training he will really get better. I have never been one to discriminate with age. It does play a role in the evaluation, but if you can play being 21 or 22 isn't a bad thing just as Damian Lillard.
    I think Payne has potential, but yeah that is the reason why I ""'ed it, I think guys see these younger guys and are so attracted by what they can be and fail to neglect older guys who are good and still have some room to grow. I will say not sure I see a lot more potential to grow since I think he already has a good skillset, but yeah there are certain areas he can improve that will really impact his game a lot. Hopefully he has more of a Roy Hibbert type growth than an Austin Daye.

Good point about Lillard.
    Why so SERIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Thoughts on Nik Stauskus guys? I love the guy but I want to know what everyone else thinks
    Somewhere between Kevin Love and Adam Morrison.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I like Kane, but it should be noted he'll be 25 when he plays his first NBA minute
    I like him, regardless of age, probably won't be a top 15 pick, but he will go to a team, not looking for developmental young guys, teams that are trying to add quality depth to make playoff runs.
    Why so SERIOUS

No and I don't think you need one to get Stokes his game won't translate to well IMO. He will probably be a 2nd rd pick anyway. When he plays against size he doesn't produce IMO. David West would be one of the last guys I would compare Stokes to. Please watch more tape on that guy. He just isn't very good if you watch enough of him IMO. Maybe I have seen to much of him his 3 years at Tennessee and his FIBA play. I just don't get impressed by beating up on Mercer and Umass. He scores a lot because he is a grown man. When he is playing with other grown men his flaws will show IMO.
    I've seen 90% of Stokes' games this year, and I think your take is outdated. He's gotten quicker, more explosive, and more skilled (dribbling, passing), improved his FT%, and remains a freakish rebounder.

He probably can't score against NBA 5s, (although he had no problem against two 7-footers in the NCAAT), but he could probably score against most 4s, which is where he'll have to play.

Defense is hard to evaluate b/c UT has no one behind him, so his number one objective is to stay out of foul trouble.

Absolute worst case scenario, he's Reggie Evans.