Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

If CBSSN replays the game P4E, watch UNM-Nevada, you'll like it a lot. Pacers' Matt Doherty in the Pit scouting, I'd guess, Cam and Kendall.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If CBSSN replays the game P4E, watch UNM-Nevada, you'll like it a lot. Pacers' Matt Doherty in the Pit scouting, I'd guess, Cam and Kendall.
    I taped it already Deonate Burton for Nevada is another kid Doherty is watching. He is on the NBA radar. I watched him play his freshman year have been following him ever since. He actually plays a lot like Donald Sloan.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Catching up now. Great passing **** it was a clinic. Burton they said is sick you can tell so passive. Such skill fun to watch when everyone can pass

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

anybody know anything about Jerrelle Benimon from Towson?

Teams that pass on Doug McDermott in favor of "project" players will make a big mistake. He will be one of the ten best pros out of this draft
    David "And One" West

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I watched them play Temple and Kansas early in the year. I haven't seen much, but he did stand out. I may watch more of him later, but not sure I will have time this summer.

Dakich is making my point about Jabari Parker right now during halftime of BYU and Gonzaga. He is killing him. Jabari is one of the worst defenders in college basketball. He has no defensive focus or awareness and is never in a stance and even tries on defense. It really is inexcusable.

I love Rodney Hood as well, but he has some of the same defensive issues.

Mood

Trusty Rusty!! What a game. Russ Smith has been fantastic all year. I have always been a big fan. Now That he plays under control he is so hard to guard.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Trusty Rusty!! What a game. Russ Smith has been fantastic all year. I have always been a big fan. Now That he plays under control he is so hard to guard.

He is a good college guard, but his size and decision making lead me to believe he won't be much of a pro.

What do you think about Joe Harris from Virginia as a late first rounder? He can't do much but shoot, but man can he shoot!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    He is a good college guard, but his size and decision making lead me to believe he won't be much of a pro.

What do you think about Joe Harris from Virginia as a late first rounder? He can't do much but shoot, but man can he shoot!
    Anyone who still questions Russ's decision making hasn't watch him enough this year. I dont worry about his size because he defends really well. I think he will be a fantastic energy bench guy. I really love Bennett's system im a packline fan. I don't see Harris as a pro. Great college player, but not good enough imo. I like Tobey a bit he is a 4 year guy though imo.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-22-2014 at 04:21 PM. Reason: stupid phone

Mood

Anyone who still questions Russ's decision making hasn't watch him enough this year. I dont worry about his size because he defends really well. I think he will be a fantastic energy bench guy. I really love Bennett's system im a packline fan. I don't see Harris as a pro. Great college player, but not good enough imo. I lime Tobey a bit he is a r year guy though imo.
    I hear you. We will just have to agree to disagree about Smith. His talent doesn't compensate for his decision making IMO. We shall see.

Mood

Embid and Wiggns have both been fantastic. Wiggins is stroking it.

Mood

As much as I like watching Virginia play defense that is how I like watching New Mexico's offense.

I am sold on Cam being a good Scola replacement. Never going to be a starter, but should be a solid rotation big that helps his team with passing and fundamental footwork.

EDIT: and right on cue Fran compares him to Louis Scola. That comp is to easy lol. Cam is so much tougher than he was last year that is what has me sold on him as an NBA player.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-22-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Was at that game last night, Cam was feeling it. Doubled and tripled low on the block most of the game, did most of his damage starting at the free throw line. Cringed every time he drove to the hoop, but it seemed to work out well enough.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Teams that pass on Doug McDermott in favor of "project" players will make a big mistake. He will be one of the ten best pros out of this draft

He will most likely go around #10. That is where I have him on my board. He is a very very good offensive player, but hiding him defensively will be a chore. Most fundamental player I have seen in the draft in a while.

The only two guys who really will go above him that are project players are Vonleh and Aaron Gordon, and when taking both sides of the ball into account the are they aren't that far behind him(and their upside is much greater). Gordon is nearly as good defensively as Douggie is on offense which is saying a lot. Vonleh is really misused offensively so I am not sure it is a good representation of his current skill level. His rebounding and defense is superior to Doug not even close really.

I do like Doug in the draft, but he needs to go to a good team that can scheme for him defensively.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-23-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Mood

I see McDermott have a Wally Sczarbiak type career. Nice player, slow feet and good 3-4 option for a team (yes, I know Doug posts more).

Mood

I see McDermott have a Wally Sczarbiak type career. Nice player, slow feet and good 3-4 option for a team (yes, I know Doug posts more).
    it is funny their college numbers were pretty similar. I dont mind that comp. I think Doug is more skilled than Wally, but having that type of career would be a great player for any organization.

Mood

The way Cam Ridley and Kaleb Tarczewski have improved is really encouraging. Ridley could be a great center if he gets in top notch shape. Such soft touch.

Mood

Sean Kilpatrick made his cas etoday for player of the year in the American. He does so much for that Cincy team.

I have been leaning toward Wiggins all year. Andrew Wiggins is my #1 pick kid showed so much heart today. Franchise wing player for sure.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Wiggins has springs for legs. Obviously he can jump but his second jump's so quick, it's nuts.

Mood

Sean Kilpatrick made his cas etoday for player of the year in the American. He does so much for that Cincy team.

I have been leaning toward Wiggins all year. Andrew Wiggins is my #1 pick kid showed so much heart today. Franchise wing player for sure.
    The only person that keeps me from completely agreeing is Joel Embid. An athletic post who is compared to Hakeem might be too much to pass on for me. With that said Wiggins is no doubt a better prospect than Jabari Parker. I like Jabari, but Wiggins is so athletically superior it becomes a no brainier IMO.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    A guy I like to compare him to is Mike Scott. I doubted Scott for the NBA he is turning into a good rotation big for the Hawks. He can put the ball in the hole, good face up big man.

He is in a dog fight vs W&M to get to the CAA finals right now. I really like watching W&M guard Marcus Thornton he is a great college player. What Benimon is doing for that Towson program is pretty amazing never been to the finals of the CAA have a chance today.

Mood

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...on-2014-draft/

This scout and I have the same take on Exum.

Mood

I have the biggest man crush on TJ Warren. That kid is so fun to watch. If I was teaching a young kid I would tell him to watch Doug& TJ play basketball both are so good off the ball so fundamental

David West tweeted out pictures of him working out with TJ Warren and said how happy he was for him after his two 40pt games. So ironic they work out together, both play the same way GROWN *** MEN!!

Mood

I know you have to love the way Russ Smith has been playing lately even more. I will give it to the whole Louisville team. I thought after they lost Behanen they would be in trouble, but I was wrong. I could easily see them cutting the nets down again.

Where would you draft Smith if you were an NBA GM? Personally, I think mid-20's would be a reasonable place to take him.

Mood

I know you have to love the way Russ Smith has been playing lately even more. I will give it to the whole Louisville team. I thought after they lost Behanen they would be in trouble, but I was wrong. I could easily see them cutting the nets down again.

Where would you draft Smith if you were an NBA GM? Personally, I think mid-20's would be a reasonable place to take him.
    Harrell has been playing like I though he could the past month he is a beast. I also think #12 he a really solid post player. The team this year is every bit as good as last year, and they lost 3 good players.

I would have took Russ in the 1st rd if he declared last year. I have always been higher on him than most. With that said this senior class and class in general is really strong. I would probably take him late teens early 20s depending on what team I have. It will be interesting to see how high he goes, most mocks still have him late 2nd rd. People don't watch tape they just go on height I guess. Russ plays a lot bigger than his height + he defends and with his decision making he will be a good pro IMO.