Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

Ennis had himself a game today. I really like Grant from cuse he has that NBA body. He reminds me a lot of Aminu in NOLA. He is an elite rebounder at the wing and has lock down defensive potential.

Mood

Crazy how far Isiah Austin has fell. I remember watching him in ORL when he was the #1 player in his class now he is getting pounded on vs Dayton and the host school (D2 school)Maui. He will regret not coming out. He is so soft, but someone would of took him in the first last year.

Great rebounder but he is just so soft on offense and man defense.

Mood

Julius Randle isn't mentally ready for the NBA. He has to learn to pick his spots he tries to do it all. He is like a young John Wall always playing out of control. His decision making will improve in time, but some of his choices leave you shaking your head.

Mood

Ya, Pangos is really good at basketball. One of the best performances I have seen scary efficient today.

Now for the double header Zona first then Duke. Should be a great night of hoops.

Mood

Nick Johnson had Mark Lyons in his way last year. I kind of figured he would break out. Their styles were really a bad fit together. Nick Johnson is so similar to George Hill it is scary.

Jefferson will need a few year, but I think he will be a stud.

Brandon Ashley I am on the fence about. I love his physical gifts, but he is just so inconsistent.

Aaron Gordon comps with Blake Griffin are crazy. Gordon is a stud defender IMO you can tell he takes pride on that end. His lateral movement is so much better than Blake's.

Zona is probably my favorite team to watch so much talent and I love their system.

Ripping all of the games that happen yesterday so many great games.

Parker is someone who is so much bigger than you think. He intrigues me at the next level a lot. He Randle and Gordon are very unique players they can all handle the rock and bigger than most. Parker has scoring champion level talent he can score anywhere on the court scary talent. I haven't seen a good college scoring prospect like him since Durant. I really like Randle but he must play harder at times and much smarter. Gordon just isn't as skill as the other two yet but he is a defensive monster unlike the other two.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

P4E, tx for keeping us apprised of the prospects for next year. I expect to be drafting someone in the second round. Hopefully something good will fall to us.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

I love Jordan Mickey at LSU great feet and hands just needs to hit the weight room. Johnny Jones is a hell of a big man coach. He made Tony Mitchell look like a stud at North Texas and now turning Johnny O'Bryant into a stud along with Mickey.

LSU is a program to watch in the next few years they are in good hands.

This St Louis Wichita St game is fantastic. Ron Baker is a stud. Two teams who are carbon copies of each other great defensive teams.

Mood

College basketball is so amazing. This LSU vs Butler finish is fantastic. Two great teams playing great basketball. What a big play to end regulation.

Mood

I really love how Alford is getting UCLA to play.

Jordan Adams is just a stud offensivly. He is so good coming off screen hell of a guy when curling. Anderson is now the starting pg he is a triple double threat every night. He is such a better decision maker early this year. They both scare me for the NBA Adams is a terrible defender he moves so poorly laterally. Anderson struggles on that end too.

I really like this Levine kid. He is a stud defensively. He has a beautiful shot. He also has great vision. I like his upside. It sucks he plays with so many ball dominate players. I believe he could do more with more usage.

UCLA hasn't played anyone yet but I think they are a legit team this year. I can't wait to see them play Zona. Zona will likely kill them in the paint.

^

Lavine (and Parker) have been my favorite freshmen to watch this season. His shot has been automatic, and he can jump out of the gym.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

P4E what are your thoughts on Spencer Dinwidde?
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    P4E what are your thoughts on Spencer Dinwidde?
    If you look at my past years thoughts on him they have always been positive. As a scouting guy I love his first step and how explosive he is. I loved him as a freshmen, but I end up looking at the stats at the end of the year and something didn't add up. Last year he took the next step and started to play with maturity. I don't think he is a pg, but I really like him on both ends as a combo off the bench.

Like the broadcaster said today, his first step is as good as Wiggins if not better. He is one of the most explosive guys in college ball. He still needs to play smarter, but he has all the tools I look for. Also for some reason I though he was older. I though he was an old junior like 23, but he is just 20 that is a huge difference. He is defiantly a 1st rd pick IMO.

I am much more into watching tape on guys and evaluating without looking at stats that is just the way I tend to do it. College stats is normally the last thing I look at, the NBA and college are completely different games not apples to apples.

EDIT: the way Dykes was calling that game made me put it on mute. He seriously needs to let the games play out and not anoint Wiggins a god I found it unbearable.

Also I called that final play that Kansas drew up. I though that would be a perfect play. Iso Ellis put the best shooter inn the corner and that Wiggins crash hard for a 2nd chance basket.

I am really high on Ellis much higher than any expert is. I understand why some doubt him for the NBA, but I love his skillset for college and the pros.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-07-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Mood

Went through a lot of tape today looking at different sets. I really love Tom Izzo he run all NBA actions just a beautiful brand of basketball.

Appling may be playing himself into getting drafted. He is really good this year. I love how he runs Izzo's break he is really good at pushing tempo.

few tidbits. I can't believe how bad fundamentally James McAdoo is. It speaks to whoever taught him growing up he is just terrible at basic things.

Rasheed Sulaimon what the heck happen. I really liked him this summer, but damn he has fallen off the map.

Elfried Payton held his own vs Lville and the pressure. He really needs to work on a few key areas before coming out, but he is playing fantastic this year.

Wisconsin is really really good. Best Wisconsin team I have seen. I also like this kid at Wisconsin Green Bay he is pure energy #24 Sykes he is a hooper. Anyone who enjoys college basketball needs to check him out a blur.

Ohio State is another team I am enjoying. Ross and Thompson are two of my favorite players to watch in the nation.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-09-2013 at 07:38 PM.

P4E, not sure if you've seen any Utah games, but Delon Wright (Dorell's brother) is having a fantastic year. I find it ironic that he's a PG and his brother might have the worst wing handles in the league.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    P4E, not sure if you've seen any Utah games, but Delon Wright (Dorell's brother) is having a fantastic year. I find it ironic that he's a PG and his brother might have the worst wing handles in the league.
    I watched a little bit of their game vs Boise (I am a big fan of Boise basketball for some reason ) . He was a force, but I though Marks and Boise just played tougher. It was a hell of a game one of my favorite games I watched this season.(Marks is one of my favorite college players, don't like him for the NBA but I love watching him play) I also have had them DVRed this Saturday when they play BYU.

Once we get into conference play I will scout him a bit.(it would be a waste of my time to watch him play teams like Ball St. I prefer games with at least 2 NBA prospects in it.

I want to see him play Vs Colorado, Zona, Zona St, Washington and UCLA. Tons of great guards in the Pac-12

EDIT: I didn't think he played last year. I didn't remember him. Just a random note JUCO is loaded with solid talent. Plenty of kids who are D1 guys who just don't get their **** together.

I believe that San Fran college is the same place that football documentary on netflix is about. I highly recommend it. I will Google the name real quick, ok called 4th and Goal very good movie.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-09-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Hey P4E, if you get a chance, catch the Kansas-New Mexico game on Saturday. Be curious to get an objective opinion on the Lobos. Tough one for us, a neutral-court game in Kansas City , but I think we'll at least show up.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Hey P4E, if you get a chance, catch the Kansas-New Mexico game on Saturday. Be curious to get an objective opinion on the Lobos. Tough one for us, a neutral-court game in Kansas City , but I think we'll at least show up.
    I have watched the LOBOS plenty (well not plenty the Cinny game and the Umass game)already this year. I love their two bigs, the Aussie Barstow(sp?) has taken another step up and like I have stated Kirk is one of my favorite college centers. I don't think Kirk is really a legit NBA prospect. Barstow intrigues me a bit very skilled and plays hard. His size worries me, but I will watch him more and it is still early(I had him as a non prospect last year, but he looks so much better have to reconsider). I think Kendall Williams has a chance hell of a college guard. He impressed me with his maturity vs Cincy he kept feeding the bigs and let the game come to him. He is a guy I like in the Pacers offense. He is one of my favorite guys for the Pacers, I bet he goes 2nd rd as well. I watched their game the other day and that place was rocking. I was surprised on how loud that place gets the Cinncy game was awesome. I loved the battle of bigs. I really like that Jackson kid at Cinncy.

EDIT: I actually like the Lobos chances vs KU. they have the guards and bigs to compete with KU. I wouldn't be surprised if they win. (I have that game DVRed as well) Ellis vs Barstow will be worth the price of admission.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-09-2013 at 09:18 PM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

jdw

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I watched their game the other day and that place was rocking. I was surprised on how loud that place gets the Cinncy game was awesome.
    Lol, the Pit is basically a hole in the ground with a metal roof, sound doesn't have anywhere to escape. That said, the Lobo fanbase is pretty sophisticated and knows when to bring it. One of the reasons I have come to be a fan of the Pacers (besides Danny and Mel Daniels) is that same level of appreciation by the fans at BLF. Great, great venue.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Lol, the Pit is basically a hole in the ground with a metal roof, sound doesn't have anywhere to escape. That said, the Lobo fanbase is pretty sophisticated and knows when to bring it. One of the reasons I have come to be a fan of the Pacers (besides Danny and Mel Daniels) is that same level of appreciation by the fans at BLF. Great, great venue.
    Yes, college has so many great venues makes it special.

I liked the LOBOs vs KU before this game, but this just confirmed my thoughts on KU. Their pgs could be the death of them. Billy Donvon is a hell of a coach would hate to play that team at full health. Prather is now a legit NBA prospect never seen a guy go from a fringe rotation player to best player on the team the next year quite like Prather has. The dude is a senior and breaking out. He has a great body for the league as well interesting prospect. Veteran teams like New Mexico have a huge advantage early in the year over young teams. I still think they turn it around before the tournament but I don't like their pgs.

That is the reason I said I have watched the LOBOs plenty. I watched almost the same players play last year for NM they are just a lot better (individually) and missing Snell.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-11-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Mood

Also before I forget Chaz Williams is making me a believer. I wanted to wait until I watched enough of him to comment(I have watched 4 games of his where I was focused on him. I really like to watch 8-10 before commeting on a guy). This kid is an NBA player no doubt. He has great vision and at just 5'8( that might be nice ) it is pretty crazy. He is going to be a dynamic NBA player.

My only concern with him is his shooting motion. It is pretty low IMO, but he is quick enough I think it will translate to the next level. I love his swagger you can tell he is from Brooklyn has some Lance in him great energy.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-11-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Mood

Watching Xavier vs Evansville right now. It is funny watching Xavier do this ear rick. I have went to 3 Xavier practices and they worked on it every time. The inbounder taps his ear and they just throw it to the guy and the defender has his back turned. It is hilious how often that works. I don't understand how the defender loses track of the ball just bad fudaments. You have to see both.

Xavier is in trouble though. These new rules kill them. They foul too damn much. Evansville's motion torched Xavier for most of the game. Was a beautiful display of ball by Evansville.

Xavier is on a huge run. I am guessing they win, but Evansville is a solid program.

EDIT: Wow what a game, great ending. Xavier finally started to move the rock and it payed off with good execution late.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-11-2013 at 04:05 AM.

http://nbadraft.net/players/jordan-bachynski

How about Bachynski in the second round as a development player for the Pacers.
    Great stats in blocks and field goal percentage. Sounds like a hard worker as evidenced by his dramatic improvement each year. I would like to see another 6'8" to 6'9" topflight defender on the Pacers. Just to continue to make life difficult for other teams against the Pacers
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    http://nbadraft.net/players/jordan-bachynski

How about Bachynski in the second round as a development player for the Pacers.
    Great stats in blocks and field goal percentage. Sounds like a hard worker as evidenced by his dramatic improvement each year. I would like to see another 6'8" to 6'9" topflight defender on the Pacers. Just to continue to make life difficult for other teams against the Pacers
    I left him off my list of top flight Cs, not sure if he gets drafted, no doubt he will at least be in SL can't teach 7'3(he looks like he has a 7'6 wingspan kid has giant long arms). He is almost 25 one of those kids who started college really late. He is one of those guys who frustrate you. He looks like he should be so much better. Prime example when they played Creighton this year. He is so much bigger than the Creighton front line yet they held him at bay, and took advantage of him being in the game. Getting 2 rebounds in a big time game vs a small front line just doesn't sit well with me. They also took advantage of his matchup. With that said he has been much more consistent this year and that bodes well for him. in the draft.

I also don't like his defense for the NBA.( I know that sounds crazy he blocks everything). I just believe the way the league is going the big guys who don't have elite foot speed will struggle at the next level( the NBA is a PnR game). McDermont ate him for lunch all game when they matched up. But what do I know lol I said the same thing about Roy and now he has terrific foot speed, and is terrific as a one man zone for the Pacers. I just don't know what to make of him. But late 2nd rd he wouldn't be a bad pick at all. Would be good for 6 fouls, not sure how much upsize he has left almost 25.

Mood

Glad to hear scouts believe Ron Baker could be a 1st rd pick. He is one of my favorite players in the nation. The Shockers are a better team this year, I would encourage everybody to watch their game tomorrow at 2 on ESPN2.

Also I really like how Cauley Stein is playing this year, he looks so much better. His BBALLIQ is vastly improved. His hair selection? Not so much.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-13-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Mood

Umass has NBA length at every position. I really didn't watch Umass last year (watched a few NIT games where i found Chaz Willams and decided I would watch him this year every game I can) so I need to see more, but I love their team. Cady Lalanne is a name to keep an eye on. NBA body and defiantly an NBA athlete. Would be a nice 3rd C/ project big in the Pacers system. Funny how that works you watch a team because of one player and discover players you like more lol. Umsss is one of the best teams I have watched this year. I can't get enough of their games.

Watched Wright closely Saturday. I was impressed with his defense committed on that end. I need to watch some more tape before I comment much further. he is on my radar though for sure. I can't wait to see how he plays in conference play. I really wabt to see how he plays vs Zona Utah is a pretty good team. They might be able to steal one from Zona.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-17-2013 at 04:30 AM.