Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 341

Thread: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Only 360+ days until the draft the process starts all over again!!!


    I have watched a ton of guys on tape mostly scouting last year. A lot of really good players returning to school. Elfrid Payton is probably my favorite returning player that no one knows(first saw him vs Tony Mitchell last year). He reminds me so much of Rondo at Kentucky. If he adds strength and can improve his shooting he may play himself out of our range. He is my type of pg finishes with both hands and simply defends his tail off.

    T.J. Warren is another guy I loved this season, he really does a lot as a wing. He passed my eye test all year last year as a freshmen I expect a huge breakout year.


    Semaj Christon is another guy at the pg spot I like a bit, his handle is really suspect right now. I want to see him in another year he has all the physical tools, but his decision making needs help.


    I think Ohio States wings will be a duo to follow next year. I like McGary, Sam Thompson and Gary Harris out of the Big 10 in terms of returning guys.

    Rasheed Sulaimon is a guy who could break out at Duke this year with Curry gone. He should be the ball handler along with Parker.


    I like a ton of others, but just a few to get started. Payton and Sulaimon are playing in the U19s right now.


    I can't wait for the season to start evaluating the incoming freshmen and how returning guys have improved!!

  2. #2
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Payton and Sulaimon are playing in the U19s right now.
    Payton is averaging 6.4 PPG, 4.3 RPG and 1 APG in 16.3 MPG while shooting 54.5% from the field (and 0/1 from 3). Sulaimon is averaging 7.7 PPG, 3 RPG and 0 APG in 17 MPG while shooting 42.9% from the field and 38.5% from 3.

    Defensively, the USA looks really solid as China was the only team that has shot above 40% against them so far.

    Here's a nice dunk by Payton:



    I'm kind of disappointed by Zhou Qi's last two games. He didn't play much for whatever reason. Maybe conditioning issues? Are they saving him for later in the tournament?

    By the way, Gabriel Deck has completely flopped in this tournament. 7.3 PPG, 5.3 RPG and 2 APG are not horrible given his limited minutes (17.6 MPG) but shooting 18.5% from the field (5/27) is atrocious.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  3. #3
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I think Jabari Parker has all the talent in the world, but I think he will slip out of the lottery for something stupid.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  4. #4
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,997

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Wiggins, Harrison twins, Parker will be up there. Gary Harris is a guy I'm watching for next year as a sleeper lottery pick. Guys Pacers could go after: Mitch McGary (Michigan). Guy plays hard, brings energy. Has solid skill set as a 6'10 power forward. Rebounds very well and just is a beast. Another guy for 2nd round: Aaron Craft (Ohio State). Point guard, smart, athletic, and a GREAT defender. Not the best offensive player, but for our system, he fits. Plays hard, can guard anyone in the nation, and is a winner.
    Smothered Chicken!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Saric is ridiculous first time I have watched him play. I can see why teams had him in the top 5 of the draft. He really can do it all on the basketball floor. Kid is so skilled he reminds me so much of Hedo Turkoglu kid has some special talents with the ball. He has some of the best hands I have seen. He is no Jan Vesley that is for sure this kid has actual basketball skill so crafty to.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 06-30-2013 at 12:21 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Semaj Christon is another guy at the pg spot I like a bit, his handle is really suspect right now. I want to see him in another year he has all the physical tools, but his decision making needs help.
    James backwards whines like LeBron, but I hate Xavier so I'm biased.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    James backwards whines like LeBron, but I hate Xavier so I'm biased.
    He is tough SOB you can say he whines if you like, but I like how he plays. He is still learning I like the fire he plays with(you call it whining). If he ever gets a jumpshot he will be a serious problem. He is the Xavier type of pg they have a tradition of toughness at that spot. I know the Xavier vs Purdue tape I just watched was a thing of beauty. He has a lot of development needed but the kid has a chance. I can tell he cares and wants to be good at the game that is a major plus in my book.

  8. #8
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,059
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Welp, if there is any year to be in the lottery it will be next... man there are some really good prospect who could potentially be in that draft... With all that said I hope we win the championship and have no chance at any...

    Also 2 response comments, I think Quinn Cook will handle the ball the majority of the time, but there will be a lot of offense ran through Parker...

    @2nd, I doubt there is much chance that Parker slips out of the lottery... Only chance that he slips I feel is if he decides he is going to do him Morman mission, and even then I doubt he slides all the way out. Also there are some questions about how will he translate to the NBA, but I think he will be super valuable to whatever team he goes to assuming he comes out... I don't see the same thing happening to him as with Shabazz...
    Why so SERIOUS

  9. #9
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,253

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    I'm just going to scout second rounders this year so I'll know something more about the guy we draft.

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  11. #10
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,997

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just going to scout second rounders this year so I'll know something more about the guy we draft.
    I'll do first round just in case we trade up
    Last edited by Coopdog23; 06-30-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Smothered Chicken!

  12. #11
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,005

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Noah Vonleh another one of that stupid good group of freshman to keep an eye on. Even though he says he will be staying at IU multiple years.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  13. #12
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,997

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    More than half of the first round will be freshmen
    Smothered Chicken!

  14. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Fran said today he would be surprised if Exum isn't in the draft next year, but said he could pull a Marcus Smart. I am stoked for today two great games. USA needs this gold, but Lithuania vs Australia is the game I am looking forward too.

    Exum is like my man crush as a pg, he just does everything I want a guard to do. He lives at the line and defends his *** off. His defensive potential is so special just needs some work.


    The games today are on ESPN3 so no crappy stream for me!!!
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-08-2013 at 04:07 PM.

  15. #14
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fran said today he would be surprised if Exum isn't in the draft next year, but said he could pull a Marcus Smart. I am stoked for today two great games. USA needs this gold, but Lithuania vs Australia is the game I am looking forward too.

    Exum is like my man crush as a pg, he just does everything I want a guard to do. He lives at the line and defends his *** off.


    The games today are on ESPN3 so no crappy stream for me!!!
    I wasn't even able to find that crappy stream

    In any case, did you get the chance to watch Gabriel Deck? I wanted to watch him soooo much but I didn't get to watch him because well you know what I couldn't find

    In any case, according to the stats he completely flopped the tournament. 6.6 PPG (on 30.3% shooting), 4.1 RPG and 1.8 APG are disappointed for a player that is thought as highly as he is. Of course, he is '95 born and he'll get another chance in this tournament. Maybe he was just too young for the competition?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't even able to find that crappy stream

    In any case, did you get the chance to watch Gabriel Deck? I wanted to watch him soooo much but I didn't get to watch him because well you know what I couldn't find

    In any case, according to the stats he completely flopped the tournament. 6.6 PPG (on 30.3% shooting), 4.1 RPG and 1.8 APG are disappointed for a player that is thought as highly as he is. Of course, he is '95 born and he'll get another chance in this tournament. Maybe he was just too young for the competition?
    Yes I watched him. Not really a fan off his game a true tweeaner. He really needs to work on getting a jumper. I don't like his tools that much either he doesn't move all that well. He is still so young though. I didn't like Noel in HS, but grew to love him at UK players can and will improve especially when they are 17 and 18 tons of growth in the next few years for all the players in the u19.

  17. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    I was watching a presser the other day I believe it was Morey post draft. He was talking about Isiah Canaan he made an excellent point. He stated bigs get scouted much more properly out of HS due to being so tall. Anthony Davis is a great example went from an UR 6ft pg to a 6'11 #1 ranked player in the nation. He stated so many guards get overlooked and I agree 100%. I see so many high level guards at lower programs especially compared to lower level bigs. It was just a really interesting point that I agree with ,


    Morey is my favorite GM at drafting, he seems to always take guys I like normally just BPA . Royce White was the only player he drafted that I didn't think he could play.


    here is that presser
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/201...t13mp4-2523869

    5:00 mark is where he makes the great point

  18. #17
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes I watched him. Not really a fan off his game a true tweeaner. He really needs to work on getting a jumper. I don't like his tools that much either he doesn't move all that well. He is still so young though. I didn't like Noel in HS, but grew to love him at UK players can and will improve especially when they are 17 and 18 tons of growth in the next few years for all the players in the u19.
    I see. A jumper would help him obviously. I really feel like he could develop into a Scola-level player offensively. We'll see how he develops.

    By the way, what's up with Zhou Qi? His minutes were veeeery inconsistent.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  19. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    also for anyone who is interested a replay of the USA vs Czech republic is on tonight. Doug McDermott, Spencer Dinwiddie and many others are on the team hell even Yogi Ferrell is on the team. They play the Sweds this morning I believe.

    Sean Kilpatrick is proablly my favorite guy on the team. I like Spencer a lot too. He is just a big time project IMO.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 07-08-2013 at 03:56 PM.

  20. #19
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,005

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fran said today he would be surprised if Exum isn't in the draft next year, but said he could pull a Marcus Smart. I am stoked for today two great games. USA needs this gold, but Lithuania vs Australia is the game I am looking forward too.

    Exum is like my man crush as a pg, he just does everything I want a guard to do. He lives at the line and defends his *** off.


    The games today are on ESPN3 so no crappy stream for me!!!
    Exum sounds awesome and he could enroll in college this winter and play the second half the season. Hope he picks the Hoosiers so I can watch plenty of him (and because he kicks ***)

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  21. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exum sounds awesome and he could enroll in college this winter and play the second half the season. Hope he picks the Hoosiers so I can watch plenty of him (and because he kicks ***)
    He could use some seasoning. His defense needs work(nothing coaching can't fix), but other than that he is really really good. He could also work on his off the ball game, but really he is so good with the ball kind of like Lance I don't think he has ever been asked to play without it. I think a year of college would do him a ton of good, but I also believe working with an NBA coaching staff would do the same as college.


    That game yesterday was as advertised Lithuania won an OT thriller.

  22. #21
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,005

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Crean has a lot of flaws but he definitely knows how to work with wing guys so I think a year at IU could be what Exum needs especially if Oladipo makes his transition well in Orlando.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #22

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noah Vonleh another one of that stupid good group of freshman to keep an eye on. Even though he says he will be staying at IU multiple years.
    Harrison twins are saying the same thing about UK too I believe. It wouldn't be too far-fetched since the Harrisons and Vonleh both could go much higher in 2015 with Randle, Smart, Parker, Wiggins, and those guys gone.

  24. #23
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,621

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harrison twins are saying the same thing about UK too I believe. It wouldn't be too far-fetched since the Harrisons and Vonleh both could go much higher in 2015 with Randle, Smart, Parker, Wiggins, and those guys gone.
    Yeah, and Kidd-Gilchrist said he would stay at UK for four years. Tons of examples like that. Doesn't mean ****.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  26. #24
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Age
    22
    Posts
    584

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    I hear this Wiggins kid is pretty decent, eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More than half of the first round will be Kentucky Wildcats
    fixed
    Last edited by adamscb; 07-08-2013 at 07:06 PM.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:


  28. #25
    Member Jukeb0xHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Avon, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    468
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA Draft Prospects thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll do first round just in case we trade up
    Given our cap situation I'd say it's pretty likely we won't be taking an american college player in the first round of next years draft.

Similar Threads

  1. 2012-2013 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1618
    Last Post: 06-28-2013, 06:35 PM
  2. 2013 Draft Prospects with Psycho T-endencies?
    By imbtyler in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 09:38 PM
  3. PF 2013 - 2014 Season
    By Greatestever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 03:55 PM
  4. Free agents: 2013 and 2014 [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 02:50 PM
  5. 2012 NBA draft prospects thread
    By pacer4ever in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 600
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •